• Published 19th Sep 2020
  • 2,901 Views, 209 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 12 - twilightsparkle3562

  • ...
7
 209
 2,901

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 2: "Of Wars and Graduations, Part 2"

Author's Note:

Episode Summary: Grogar sends his Legion of Doom into the human world to seek out the Dazzlings as Twilight, Spike and Starlight attempt to persuade Sunset Shimmer to join the war against him.

Cast:

Tara Strong as Princess Twilight Sparkle/Sci-Twi

Kelly Sheridan as Starlight Glimmer

Cathy Wesluck as Spike

Rebecca Shoichet as Sunset Shimmer

Vincent Tong as Flash Sentry

Kazumi Evans as Adagio Dazzle

Diana Karina as Aria Blaze

Maryke Hendrikse as Sonata Dusk

Doc Harris as Grogar

Mark Acheson as Lord Tirek

Sunni Westbrook as Cozy Glow

Kathleen Barr as Queen Chrysalis/Secretary

Alvin Sanders as King Sombra

Robert Morse as Sendak

Jason David Frank as Dr. Thomas "Tommy" Oliver

..

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" Season 12, Episode 2

"Of Wars and Graduations, Part 2"

Written by Jeff Snyder (TwilightSparkle3562)

Edited by SuperPinkBrony12

"PREVIOUSLY ON MY LITTLE PONY"

Celestia: "I've been really worried about you, Twilight. It seems like you're taking this a little too personally."

Twilight Sparkle: "I can't imagine losing this war under my watch, Celestia. What am I going to do?"

Gentle Gust: "Twilight, it occurs to us that maybe… you're continuing to set a high standard that everycreature needs to follow."

Celestia: "You should know that Luna and I are thinking of bringing in additional help."

Scorpan: "You killed our father, didn't you?!"

Lord Tirek: "He didn't deserve to live after all he did to me. And if you cared at all you would see it my way."

Scorpan: "I will make sure you pay dearly for this. Pay for upending our family and sending our kingdom into ruin!"

Grogar: "The sirens are alive."

Sendak: "The sirens?"

Grogar: "I want them brought to me."

Luna: "There is one other pony whose help we can use."

Celestia: "Sunset Shimmer."

Twilight Sparkle: "All right, let's go."

Stepping through the portal at Canterlot High, Twilight, Starlight and Spike each found themselves feeling more different than normal. But, that was to be expected. The two ponies turned humans (and dragon turned dog) emerged to a sunrise emerging over the school.

"It must be morning," Twilight whispered, looking up at the morning colored skies. "Sunset and the others will be arriving soon."

But the silence was almost deafening to them. They couldn't see anyone around.

"What do you think we should do?" Starlight asked. "We don't want to draw too much attention to ourselves yet."

"I think we should wait in the library," Twilight suggested. "The librarian here knows who I am, so as long as you are safe with me that's all that matters."

Walking up the stairs, they came to the door, but found it locked up. Twilight attempted to jiggle the handle, but was unable to. "Locked," She groaned, before getting an idea. "Let's try the back door."

Going around to the back of the school, they ducked into a bush when they heard the sounds of footfalls coming in as a teacher with a black toupee came in through the back. "Looks like Cranky," Twilight whispered as she peaked out from beneath the bush. "And if I know Cranky he doesn't like surprises."

Her anxieties building up inside of her, Twilight quietly pulled the door open and allowed herself and her companions into the school. Soon, they came towards the library and continuing to move quietly, managed to make their way inside.

"Okay, now what?" Starlight whispered.

"If I know Sunset," Twilight replied. "She and her friends will be meeting here like they always do before they go to class."

"Um, maybe we should at least hide in case the librarian shows up." Spike suggested.

"Cheerilee?" Twilight asked. "Don't worry, she knows who I am."

"But does she know your doppelganger?" Starlight asked, remembering about Twilight's human counterpart, Sci-Twi from her last visit to this dimension.

This gave Twilight an idea. "Spike, is there a pencil?"

"Um, what?" Spike asked.

"Get a pencil," Twilight ordered, pointing to Cheerliee's desk as she turned her attention to her hair. "And see if there's a pair of glasses. Librarians like Cheerilee usually keep a spare pair of glasses with them."

Doing as he was told, Spike ran over to the librarian desk and grabbed a pencil and a pair of black rimmed glasses similar to Sci-Twi's.

"Starlight, can you do my hair up so it'll look like my counterpart's?" Twilight asked in a whisper.

"I'm not quite the fashionista like Rarity is. And I don't have as much experience with hands." Starlight replied as Spike ran back to them with the pencil and the glasses.

"Just give it a shot," Twilight urgently instructed. "Quickly, Cheerliee's gonna be here soon!"

Acting fast, Starlight attempted to get Twilight's hair in the bun that her counterpart had but was unsuccessful. To make matters more complicated, the door began to open behind them and a voice similar to Twilight's was heard.

"Um, if you're trying to copy my hairstyle, it doesn't look like that anymore," Turned around, Starlight and Twilight saw Sci-Twi standing behind them. Putting her books down, Sci-Twi walked over and took the pencil out of Twilight's hair with her magic, before putting it in a ponytail. "And those glasses belong to Miss Cheerliee, so I would put those back before she gets here," Sci-Twi suggested before turning to Starlight. "Good to see you again, Ms…"

"Starlight Glimmer, from Equestria," Starlight corrected in an awkward tone. "Remember me? I saved you and your friends from Juniper Montage."

Sci-Twi blinked. "Now that you mention it, I do remember that. Has it really been that long already? It's still so fresh in my mind."

Turning to Twilight, Sci-Twi began to remember that this was the pony she and Rainbow Dash had met from another previous event. "And you're the other me from Equestria," She remarked. "The princess."

"Actually it's Supreme Princess, now," Twilight corrected. "My friends and I are all co-princesses of Equestria. Long story, really."

"I see," Sci-Twi adjusted her glasses. "And I suppose you're not here for a social visit or you would've already written to Sunset Shimmer about it already. I'll let her know you're here." Sitting down, Sci-Twi reached into her backpack and pulled out her phone, sending a text message to Sunset Shimmer.

"How have things been here?" Twilight asked, distracting Sci-Twi from finishing her text message.

"Aside from all the usual activity," Sci-Twi answered while texting away. "Nothing out of the ordinary…except for the fact that we'll soon be moving on from here. We're getting close to graduation," She put her phone down. "All of us got scholarships to a place called Friendship University."

"Friendship University?" Twilight remarked as she nearly jumped in surprise!

"Isn't that the school that was run by the Flim Flam Brothers?" Starlight added as she sat down next to Twilight.

"The who now?" Sci-Twi blinked.

"The Flim Flam brothers, two ponies who also supposedly run a resort in Las Pegasus," Twilight explained. "They once opened a school called Friendship University after a student at my own school sent them a copy of my lesson plans. When I exposed them with a little help from some friends, they had to shut down. I just hope that the Friendship University you and your friends are going to is legit," Then she asked her counterpart. "What do you plan on majoring in?"

"General studies. I'll probably become a scientist or a teacher when I'm done with Friendship University," Sci-Twi answered. "This week is final exams and then the graduation is Friday night. I'm sure that Sunset Shimmer and the others would be interested in having you attend. Even if we'll all be pursuing different degrees in college, at least we'll be attending the same university and will get to see each other."

But as much as Twilight was delighted at being invited, the threat of war in Equestria lingered her mind. She had to remember why she'd come back to this world that Sunset called home.

Back on the moon, Tirek called Chrysalis and Cozy Glow into his quarters for a brief meeting to inform them of what Grogar's instructions were.

"The Dazzlings?" Chrysalis asked as she and Cozy Glow said on the edge of Tirek's bed. "But, Starswirl the Bearded banished them from Equestria long ago? Didn't he?"

"Yes," Tirek replied as he paced back and forth in front of his girlfriend and daughter figure. "However, they seem to be surviving in another world that is much like that human village we raided. From what I seem to recall, a creature who goes into the human world, ends up becoming a human, most of the time."

"Golly, what makes you say that?" Cozy Glow asked while hovering in the air.

"You aren't the only one who spent a great deal of time learning one-on-one, Cozy Glow," Tirek answered as he walked over and took a book from a bookshelf near the bedroom door. "My mentor, Sendak, taught me about this world when I was young. Much like Starswirl the Bearded he believed that there were worlds beyond our own, worlds populated by creatures even stranger than ponies. At the time I thought little of it, but now I see that he was more right than he might have known."

Sitting between Cozy and Chrysalis, Tirek showed them the chapter he was referring to. "According to this book," Tirek explained. "It says here that the sirens we seek are creatures that feed off negative feelings. The more they feed, the stronger they become."

"They sound a lot like you. I mean, don't you…?" Cozy Glow began to ask.

"-I only feed off of living creatures, remember?" Tirek interrupted while looking back at Cozy Glow. "These creatures feed off feelings of discontent and hatred among other creatures. But Starswirl used a transport spell to send the sirens to this other world where they assumed the forms of the inhabitants of that world." Closing the book, Tirek placed it on the nightstand.

"So what you're saying is that Grogar wants us to become humans, and bring the Dazzlings back here to join our ranks?" Cozy Glow guessed.

"Yes," Tirek replied, as he rose to his four feet, turning back around to face Chrysalis and Cozy Glow. "Clearly, he wants a strong replacement for the Storm King. And these sirens seem to be the creatures he wants. We will become humans, yes, but the important thing is that we stay together."

"And what happens if we refuse?" Chrysalis asked, feeling a sense of hesitation.

"Then we all become food for Scarface," Cozy Glow guessed. "Don't we?"

Nodding yes, Tirek left the room and both Cozy and Chrysalis followed, left with no other option but to accept the mission assigned to them.

Approaching Grogar's throne, the three core members of the Legion of Doom bowed to Grogar and the demonic ram smiled at the loyalty his legion was displaying. "So, it appears that you have accepted the mission given to you," Grogar remarked. "Wonderful. I knew that you could all work together for this important mission."

"Yes, my emperor, we shall retrieve the sirens for you," Tirek answered. "And bring them back here to serve you and you alone."

"A wise decision," Sombra sneered as he approached them. "A very wise decision indeed. It would be a shame to have our ranks be thinned further at a time like this."

Seeing Sombra approach them made Cozy Glow very uncomfortable, and when the black hearted unicorn approached her she could feel her spine tingle.

"My student," Sendak said while walking down to the three villains. "I commend you for taking this opportunity assigned to you and your comrades."

"All part of the lessons you once taught me, Sendak," Tirek declared while bowing his head to Sendak. "To make me the creature that I am today."

Rising from his throne, Grogar began to tap into the powers of his bell and holding each other's hooves and claws, Tirek, Chrysalis and Cozy Glow prepared themselves for the mission that they were about to undertake. A few moments later, with Grogar, Sombra and Sendak watching, the original Legion of Doom disappeared from the throne room.

"What happens now?" Sombra asked Grogar.

"We let the Legion do what is assigned to them," Grogar answered. "And if they fail…"

At that moment, Scarface entered the room.

"My pet will have an appetizer, dinner and desert all wrapped up into one meal." Grogar laughed, looking at the grizzly bear.

Back at the library, Twilight and Starlight were happy to hear that their friends from the human world would be graduating, but Twilight had to again remind herself of why they came in the first place. "Look um, other me…" Twilight began.

"-Just call me Sci-Twi, it's easier that way." Sci-Twi interrupted.

"-Okay, Sci-Twi," Twilight replied. "Look, we would love to attend your graduation. But we only came here to ask Sunset Shimmer a really important favor. It's quite urgent, actually."

"Ask me what?" Said a voice and at that moment the door to the library opened and in stepped Sunset Shimmer, surprised to see both Twilight and Starlight Glimmer sitting in the same area.

Right away, Twilight began to gulp nervously as Celestia's former student made her way over to them.

"Oh uh, hi there, Sunset," Twilight said nervously while clearing her throat as Sunset stepped towards the table. "Nice to…see you again."

"Princess Twilight, this is a nice surprise," Sunset chuckled slightly, unaware of the situation. "What brings you here on short notice?"

"I actually have something really important we need to discuss," Twilight somberly explained. "Something about Equestria."

The warm smile that Sunset had on her face quickly disappeared when she heard what Twilight said. "Is this about the Equestrian Magic I failed to tell you about originally? The one from the music festival my friends went to? Because your hunch was ultimately right about the cause. And you'll never guess who I ran into while at the festival."

"It's nothing to do with the festival, it's something different," Twilight replied, much to Sunset's confusion. "A creature of pure evil has declared war on Equestria. We are under attack."

Immediately, Sunset began to take notice of what Twilight was saying to her. "Twilight?" She blinked.

"Me or her?" Sci-Twi asked, getting up from her seat and Sunset pointing at Twilight.

"You, Sci-Twi," Sunset blushed, remembering the nickname she'd agreed to use in cases like this. "Could you wait for the others in the lobby? Let them know I'll catch up with them later?"

"Of…of course. Obviously this is something between you and the other me." Sci-Twi replied, respectfully leaving the library and giving Sunset and her two guests privacy.

With Sci-Twi gone, Sunset sat down and looked up at her two friends. "Who is this creature of pure evil?" Sunset asked.

"It's Grogar." Twilight answered in a quiet voice as Sunset began to feel her stomach drop.

"Grogar? The same creature that used to rule Equestria long before Celestia and Luna took over?" Sunset gasped, briefly looking away from Twilight and Starlight. "I can't believe it! I mean, Celestia made it a point to teach me about him, when I was still her student of course. He's back?!"

"And looking to take Equestria for himself," Twilight answered as Sunset absorbed the latest information given to her. "He launched a massive attack on King Vorak's kingdom and we unfortunately lost it to him." As Twilight spoke, her frustrations of Vorak's stubbornness was beginning to become displayed on her face.

"King Vorak? You mean, Tirek's dad?" Sunset blinked.

"The very same," Twilight groaned while briefly turning away in despair. "I tried to offer him help, but he refused over and over again. We ended up losing because of him even though we had help."

Right away, Sunset could understand the pain that Twilight was going through. Stepping over to her, she placed a hand on Twilight's shoulder. "I'm sorry, Twilight," Sunset sighed. "If there's anything I can do to help…"

"-Actually, there is," Twilight interrupted, turning back to Sunset with a look of worry in her eyes. "I need you to come back home to Equestria, Sunset! Equestria needs you! You're the only hope we have left!"

Sunset took an enormous gulp. Right away she became conflicted with the prospect of going back to Equestria and fighting in a war while possibly leaving the friends she had made in the human world, likely forever.

Meanwhile, in an alleyway in the center of town, the portal bearing the Legion of Doom opened and out came the legion, now in human form.

"What….where are we?" Cozy Glow murmured, opening her eyes and seeing herself with human hands. "What happened to me?" Cozy attempted to stand on all fours, but was unable to. She felt that her big alicorn wings had also disappeared. She then looked down at the red dress, white tights and black mary jane shoes she was wearing. "And what am I wearing?"

Opening their own eyes, Chrysalis and Tirek also awoke to find themselves in human forms as well. "Ugh!" Chrysalis groaned as she tried to stand up on all fours only to discover that she too had hands. "Huh? What's happened to my hooves?"

"You're a human now," Tirek explained while clumsily helping his girlfriend stand up straight. "We all are. See for yourselves."

Looking over at a broken mirror, the three villains saw themselves as humans and Chrysalis looked carefully at the long sleeveless black dress she was wearing with green high heel pumps. "Say," Chrysalis chuckled. "I look…gorgeous."

Looking at his form, Tirek admired the human biker look he had obtained. "Hmm, not bad," He marveled at himself. "Too bad I can't keep this form forever."

"So what do we do now?" Cozy Glow asked, catching the attention of her comrades. "We've got to find those sirens. What did they call themselves: The Dazzlings?"

"But where do we begin?" Chrysalis remarked. "Tirek, you have knowledge of this world. What would you do?"

Looking out of the alley, Tirek began to get himself an idea and he probably didn't feel it coming, but he suddenly noticed a red motorcycle with a sidecar parked on a sidewalk in front of a bar. "Follow me," Tirek whispered, motioning for his comrades to follow him towards the motorcycle. "We'll take this."

"What is it?" Cozy Glow asked as Tirek placed her inside the sidecar. "I'm not sure, but it has wheels. It must be how these humans get around, like how the ponies go by chariot." Tirek answered, sitting in the rider's seat and grabbing Chrysalis.

"Do you mind?" Chrysalis hissed as Tirek placed her behind him. "I happen to be a queen!"

"Well right now you are not a queen," Tirek replied back. "Now be quiet and let me figure out how this contraption works. It seems rather complicated."

Placing his hands on the handles, Tirek began to pull back on them and all of a sudden, all began to hear the loud sounds of something revving. Suddenly, they felt the motorcycle jerk forward, nearly hitting a vehicle in front of it!

"Okay, okay," Tirek muttered. "So if I push the handles forward, then this must be…" Pulling his hands back, the motorcycle backed up into the car behind it, causing another sudden jerk. Then Tirek turned the handle and the motorcycle began to move out of the parking space.

"What now?!" Cozy Glow asked as she held on for dear life!

"Just hold on! This thing has a mind of its own!" Tirek answered as he powered up the motorcycle and they took off, but not before a blue haired boy came out of the bar.

"Hey! Hey!" The boy cried out in a panicked voice. "That's my bike! Come back, thieves!" Racing back into the bar, the boy went to get help as the Legion of Doom sped away.

Leaving the town, the Legion of Doom found themselves travelling down a stretch of highway in the motorcycle, trying to seek out the three imprisoned sirens.

"Cozy Glow," Tirek instructed. "Look inside and see if there's a map of this place."

Cozy Glow shouted over the roar! "What compartment!?"

"Down there!" Tirek instructed as he pointed towards a small door in front of the child, and Cozy opened it to reveal broken candy wrappers and small bits of paper.

Eventually, Cozy grabbed hold of a small, maroon colored map. "Is this it?" Cozy asked, only for Chrysalis to snatch it away from her. Opening the map, she showed Tirek the map as he studied it. Unfortunately, Tirek was so distracted by the map that they heard the sounds of horns right in front of them. Reacting fast, Tirek turned the motorcycle out of the approaching vehicle's path at just the last second!

"Maybe I should be studying the map," Cozy finally declared, taking the map back from her two parental figures. "Ugh! This map is useless! We don't even know where we are! I can't make heads or tails of it! How does anyone find their way around this place?!"

Finally, they began to make their way on a small patch of highway heading into a wooded area, the sun beginning to disappear in the trees above them. Finally, Tirek began to sense a disturbance in his head. Putting the brakes on, he stopped the bike right in the middle of the road.

"Why'd you stop?!" Chrysalis cried out in shock only for Tirek to shush her sharply.

"Do you feel that?" Tirek asked in a quiet tone as he moved the motorcycle down a stretch of road and eventually, the three villains pulled into the entrance to a secluded place that had a wooden sign hanging overhead.

"Camp Ever…free?" Cozy Glow wondered as she read the sign. "Why did you take us here, Tirek? If this is like the Everfree Forest in Ponyville it's too dangerous for us to be here alone! Besides, there won't be anything there."

But Tirek said nothing and proceeded to move the motorcycle into the camp and then onto the grounds itself. The three villains looked around pinpointing the source of what led them here.

"The sirens are here!" Tirek declared. "I can feel their presence nearby!"

Eventually, they found themselves going down a bumpy road that led them to a cave in the far right corner of the camp. A small red van was parked right outside the entrance.

Not wanting to give themselves away, Tirek moved the motorcycle into a bush and hid it there.

"What makes you think that?" Cozy Glow asked as they crouched low.

Just then, they saw a blue skinned girl walking out of the cave and into the van. A few moments later, she came out holding what appeared to be a small taco in her hand.

Eventually, they came up to the entrance of the cave and could hear the sounds of faint singing coming from deep inside.

"Follow me." Tirek whispered as Chrysalis and Cozy Glow attempted to follow him. Unfortunately, Chrysalis' pumps were not good walking shoes and she fell face first on the ground.

"Blast these shoes!" Chrysalis muttered as she struggled to get back to her feet.

"Come on!" Tirek hissed, trying to listen to the sounds of the singing. "They're in this cave somewhere! We've got to find them."

Finally, they approached a large open space and there they saw them…three strangely colored human girls standing under a crystalized dome of the cave, trying to absorb powers from an unidentified source.

"Ugh, stupid amulets!" The yellow skinned girl cried out, panting from attempting to sing. "These blasted things still aren't working! What are we doing wrong?!"

"Maybe it could be that we're only trying to steal negative feelings from animals. I told you this was a waste of time." A purple skinned girl snapped.

"Yeah, maybe we should wait 'til the next music festival. There'll be plenty of energy for us to feed on then!" The blue skinned girl remarked as she took a bite into her taco.

"Sonata, you are such an airhead," The yellow skinned girl growled, giving her counterpart a dirty look. "The next so-called music festival for these fools isn't for another year! We have to find a way to get all the energy we need in order to get back to Equestria. Don't you want to go back?"

As they listened, the three villains began to get themselves an idea. To them, the sirens wanted to escape the world that they now found themselves in by any means necessary.

"Should we help them?" Cozy Glow asked Tirek in a hushed voice only to see both Tirek and Chrysalis snickering with delight. "Guys?"

Suddenly, the sirens heard the snickering and turned around to try and find the source of it. "What was that?" The yellow skinned girl cried out while rising to her feet. "Who's there?! Come out, I say, unless you wanna enter a world of hurt!"

Emerging from the shadows, the humanized Tirek and Chrysalis approached the three sirens with the intent of taking them back to Grogar.

"Who are you?" The purple skinned girl shouted, reaching into the campfire and holding a burning stick at the three uninvited guests. "And what do you want?! You got five seconds to explain yourselves!"

But neither Tirek or Chrysalis were fazed by the sudden cries of the three sirens. For they had come face to face with them and would soon recruit them into Grogar's ranks.

"Come back home to Equestria, Twilight?" Sunset asked with a conflicted look on her face. "Twilight, I would love to, but…"

"Sunset, please, we need you!" Twilight pleaded. "Grogar is back and he is not going to stop until Equestria is his to rule again! We need all the help we can get, and you're the only ally left we haven't recruited yet."

Backing away, Sunset had a lot of things she needed to clear up before she could make a decision. "Twilight, listen," She declared. "My friends and I are graduating from here in the not too distant future. If I leave now, then I could be worrying them unnecessarily. At least wait until after this Friday so I have time to break the news to them. Maybe I could even bring some of them over."

"Sunset, keep in mind," Starlight warned. "If Grogar conquers Equestria, there's no doubt in any of our minds that he will possibly go after this world too. If it was up to us, I would wait until Grogar is defeated before you graduate. Besides, you need to consider the family you have back in Equestria. And as for your friends, it wouldn't be a good idea to have them be dragged into a war while they're staying indefinitely in Equestria. We don't know how long it'll be before this war with Grogar reaches its end. It could take years, and by that time who knows how much time will have passed here?"

The more Sunset thought about this, the more she became conflicted. But as she contemplated her overall decision in front of her two Equestrian friends, a mysterious figure stepped into Canterlot High in a black jacket and black pants, and approached the office of Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna.

"May I help you, sir?" The secretary asked as the figure removed a pair of sunglasses off of his face.

"Yes, I believe I have an appointment with Principal Celestia," The figure answered. "It's about the…science teacher's job."

"I see," The secretary remarked while looking down at her schedule. "Your name please, sir?"

"Dr. Thomas Oliver." The figure answered and little did anyone know that this man would soon reveal a secret that would reveal itself as a new ally in the war against Grogar!

PreviousChapters Next