• Published 19th Sep 2020
  • 2,900 Views, 209 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 12 - twilightsparkle3562

  • ...
7
 209
 2,900

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 28: "The Return of Rita and Zedd, Part 2"

Author's Note:

Episode Summary: Rita and Zedd carry out their assault on the human world as Ninjor trains the Rainbooms in the ways of ninja.

Cast:

Kim Strauss as Ninjor

Steve Blum as Lord Zedd

Barbara Goodson as Rita Repulsa

Kerrigan Mahen as Goldar

John DiMaggio as Rito Revolto

Jason David Frank as Dr. Thomas "Tommy" Oliver

Catherine Sutherland as Katharine "Kat" Hilliard

Richard Dean Horwitz as Alpha 5

Rebecca Shoichet as Sunset Shimmer

Tara Strong as Sci-Twi

Ashleigh Ball as Applejack/Rainbow Dash

Andrea Libman as Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy

Tabitha St. Germain as Rarity

Cathy Wesluck as Spike

Kelly Sheridan as Starlight Glimmer

Nicole Oliver as Princess Celestia

Brian Doe as Timber Spruce

Enid-Raye Adams as Gloriosa Daisy

Kathleen Barr as Queen Chrysalis

Mark Acheson as Lord Tirek/Royal Guard

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" Season 12, Episode 28

"The Return of Rita and Zedd, Part 2"

Written by Jeff Snyder (TwilightSparkle3562)

Edited by SuperPinkBrony12

"PREVIOUSLY ON MY LITTLE PONY"

Grogar: "You wish to obtain this castle from me? A castle that you surrendered to a far greater threat than yourself? Why should I give you this castle back if you can't even protect it yourselves?"

Lord Zedd: "Who dares to order me…Lord Zedd?!"

Queen Chrysalis: "I felt something magical and powerful coming from down here. It seems Grogar has brought more recruits into our ranks."

Lord Tirek: "Don't we have enough already?"

Grogar: "Pay attention to the blue creature. Does he mean anything to you?"

Queen Chrysalis: It appears that Grogar is after powers that might help us in the end."

Lord Tirek: "Look at this! This figure…I recognize him!"

Queen Chrysalis: "That's the figure Discord helped escape! The creature named…Ninjor!"

Grogar: "My pet here has one job…to dispose of whoever is of no use to me. Go and retrieve the power coins, the falconzord and the great Ninjor from the humans."

Rito Revolto: "Where…where are we?"

Rita Repulsa: "I think…I think we aren't in Angel Grove anymore."

Sunset Shimmer sat in her office at the School of Friendship remembering, thinking about her friends in the human world. She'd enjoyed being the interim headmare but being away from her friends had been really difficult. As she went through some paperwork, Sunset heard a knock on the door to her office. "Come in!" She called and a few moments later, the door opened to reveal Starlight Glimmer on the other side. "Oh, hey Starlight."

Starlight immediately took notice of the distressed look on her fellow unicorn's face. "Hey Sunset," She tried to greet as cheerfully as possible. "Did I…catch you at a bad time?"

"No," Sunset replied. "I was just going through some more paperwork. Did you know that Ocellus has an anxiety disorder, because Celestia recently reported on that."

"Ocellus always has been a nervous type," Starlight commented. "It's in her nature, she seems to internalize things a lot. But… I can't help but notice..."

Sunset looked up from her desk. "Notice what, Starlight?"

"You look, I don't know, upset about something I guess…" Starlight answered while sorting through the papers on her temporary successor's desk. "It's been happening each time I check in and see how things are going. And it's been pretty easy to notice too. Something's on your mind."

Sighing, Sunset lowered her head in sadness. "It's my friends, Starlight," She solemnly answers while rising to her hooves. "It's been quite a while since I've seen them. I know time flows differently between worlds but it feels like it's been forever since I said goodbye to them."

"Well, maybe you can take some time to check in on them," Starlight suggested in a warm voice. "Besides, I've been told I can go back to being headmare in about a week now that my back has healed. You won't have to be in this position for much longer, and you did an excellent job filling in for me."

Sunset felt taken aback by those words and jumped back in surprise, making Starlight confused. "I'm sorry…was it something I said?"

"No, no, it's not that," Sunset insisted. "I'm just shocked that you would go back to being headmare so quickly. The students like me and I think that they're starting to get used to me."

"Well I'm sure that they'll get used to having me back," Starlight remarked, walking past Sunset and placing a hoof on the desk. "Although, I've been doing a lot of thinking in my time of recovery."

This made Sunset raise an eyebrow in suspicion. "What kind of thinking?"

"I mean, there's always room for another vice position," Starlight suggested. "You can work alongside Sunburst and Trixie. The more the merrier, right?"

Although Sunset was honored to be given this opportunity, she knew that she still needed time. "Look uh, Starlight, that's a great consideration to offer," She nervously chuckled. "But there's the matter of my friends and I possibly graduating soon."

"Oh," Starlight remarked with her excitement briefly waning. "I forgot that you're technically still in school."

"Hey, don't worry about it," Sunset suggested. "If you like, you're invited to come to the ceremony. You've been to the human world before without Twilight." And both unicorns shared a brief chuckle at the remarks.

Back in the human world, Sunset's friends were dealing with a far more pressing issue. They were being instructed on the powers of ninja and that meant they needed to prove themselves to Ninjor.

"Uh, are you sure this is scientifically necessary?" Sci-Twi asked as she stood in front of Rainbow Dash in Canterlot High's gymnasium, both of them dressed in karate attire. "I mean, Rainbow Dash is far more athletic than I."

"Don't be so quick to dismiss my methods, science gal!" Ninjor declared in a mocking tone. "All wielders of the ninja powers do things that aren't what you may think is necessary."

"Yeah, such as taking me on!" Rainbow Dash grunted as she leapt into the air, pointing her leg at Sci-Twi in an effort to kick her. But Sci-Twi jumped out of the way again, much to Rainbow Dash's chagrin. "Twilight, what's wrong with you? It seems like this isn't cut out for you."

"Sorry. It's just that… well, what's wrong with using magic?" Sci-Twi grunted as she got to her feet.

"Magic, missy," Ninjor declared as he approached the two human girls. "Will not get you through everything you'll face in life. Take it from me, I never used the stuff. The ways of the ninja are what guided me. And they must not fall into the hands of evil! You and your friends are the only hope I have left."

"I agree with Ninjor," Rainbow Dash nodded. "Sometimes you've gotta use more direct means to defeat your enemies."

"Either way, you still need to work on your confidence," Ninjor advised, before turning to the doors leading to the girl's locker room. "All right, the next candidate can come out."

A few moments later, Applejack came out of the locker room while still wearing her stenson hat, much to Ninjor's annoyance.

"What is that?" Ninjor asked, pointing right at Applejack's hat. "Great warriors don't have need for a fashion sense. Take it off!"

"But it's my favorite hat!" Applejack protested.

"Uh huh," Ninjor murmured while folding his arms together. "And my favorite hat is a football helmet. Remove it at once, it'll just get in the way!"

"Listen to the big blue ninja man," Pinkie Pie declared as she cheerfully came out of the locker room while skipping lightly. "He knows what he's talking about!"

Just then, Applejack turned to the back of the locker room and saw Rarity dragging Fluttershy out. It was apparent that Fluttershy didn't want to train.

"Now what's all this here?" Ninjor replied as he looked down at a scared Fluttershy "Don't give me those crocodile tears. What would your parents have to say?"

"More like what would her brother say?" Spike remarked.

Rainbow Dash tried to block out any thoughts of Fluttershy's annoying younger brother. "Fluttershy, quit it! You're embarrassing me, and yourself."

"I don't like being pushed into doing this kind of fighting…" Fluttershy whimpered as Rarity let go, allowing Fluttershy to her feet. "I don't like fighting unless I really have to, Ninjor. Please understand that."

But Ninjor was having none of it. "You may not have a choice. Your enemies won't wait until you're ready to fight. You must be prepared for combat at a moment's notice," He declared. "Now, to the ring! You're going to fight with Rainbow Dash!"

"Come on, Fluttershy," Rainbow insisted. "I promise I'll go easy on you this time."

But Fluttershy still didn't want to go, and it was only with the greatest of hesitation that she stepped into the ring.

"Alright," Rainbow declared while getting into a fighting stance. "Let's get it on!"

Attempting to stay courageous, Fluttershy tried to get into a fighting stance as well.

"Fluttershy, I said I'd go easy on you!" Rainbow protested upon seeing what her friend was doing. "Come on now!" Running out of patience rather quickly, Rainbow leapt into the air and attempted to kick Fluttershy down.

But Fluttershy managed to roll out of the way before Rainbow Dash attempted another kick at her.

Acting on cue, Fluttershy pushed her leg at Rainbow Dash very gently, touching her chest and causing Rainbow to fall over.

"What was that?!" Ninjor shouted, his hands on each side of his head. "Since when does a light tap on the chest do anything?!"

The rest of the humane six jumped back in surprise at what they had just witnessed.

"The evil that jeopardizes your world will not fall due to a tap on the chest!" Ninjor continued. "You might as well be tickling them."

"Well to be honest, Mr. Ninjor Sir," Sci-Twi protested while walking over to Ninjor. "All we've ever used to defend our world are these magic pendants we found at Camp Everfree, and the magic inside of ourselves."

"It's going to take more than some magic necklaces to defeat Grogar, you know!" Ninjor cried before looking at the pendants. "The ninja does not rely on magic. That's what I 've tried to teach you all!"

Sighing in frustration, Ninjor disappeared with the girls watching.

"Look, y'all" Applejack declared while picking her hat up off the ground and dusting it off. "Magic has helped us get out of just about every situation. Could it be somethin' we ain't acceptin'?"

All the girls could do was think about just what had just transpired.

Back in Camp Everfree, Rita, Zedd and their henchmen were trying to figure out where to start in order to obtain what Grogar so desired. They all made their way to a log cabin that looked like it had not been occupied or used in several years.

"Is anyone in here?" Lord Zedd called out as he heard nothing. "Hello? We're lost."

"Um, Zeddy…" Rita remarked while gently touching her husband on the shoulder. "I don't think anyone lives here."

"What are you talking about, Rita?" Zedd snorted. "Of course someone lives here! See the beds? How can there be beds if no one lives here?"

"If you wish, masters," Goldar suggested while unsheathing his sword. "I can find someone for you to interrogate!"

"That won't be necessary, Goldar," Zedd protested while holding Goldar down with his hand. "The last thing I want is to be bear food for that pet of Grogar's."

"Heh, maybe that's just a threat," Rito remarked as he laid himself down on one of the bed's. "He can't be that bad or any worse than say…Dad for example. Gee, this bed's comfortable."

"Any worse?" Rita cried while looking at her brother in disgust. "You call being nearly eaten by a bear any worse?!"

"Quiet!" Zedd ordered to his wife when he began to hear the sounds of footbeats outside. "Someone's near us!"

"Who?" Goldar asked.

"Someone who must live here," Zedd insisted. "And we're going to ambush them!"

Outside the cabin, Timber Spruce was going about his business preparing Camp Everfree for the upcoming summer season. "Okay," He said to himself while throwing some trash into a nearby bin. "That's all the trash taken care of. Now…" Suddenly, he turned around and a suspicious look came across his face. "Who's there?" He asked, suddenly hearing sounds from an abandoned log cabin. "Who's in there?! Gloriosa, is that you?"

Inside the cabin, Lord Zedd readied his staff, preparing to use it to defend himself from the approaching Timber Spruce.

"If this is one of your jokes…" Timber began.

Noticing the doorknob to the cabin turning, Zedd powered up his staff. And as Timber opened the door, Zedd fired his staff at Timber, sending him flying out and onto his back!

Emerging from the cabin, Zedd looked down at Timber and pointed his staff at the young man's throat. "And who might you be, young man?!" Zedd asked the downed Timber Spruce, expecting him to answer right away. But Timber was too badly hurt to speak.

"Uh, I don't think he's getting up, Edd." Rito remarked, causing Zedd to growl at his brother in law over another mis pronouncement of his name.

"It's Zedd, you idiot! And of course he's not getting back up," Zedd thundered to Rito in a sarcastic tone. "Unless you want to pull him back up yourself."

Looking down at Timber Spruce, Rito decided to take up on Zedd's offer and dragged Timber Spruce back to the cabin. But suddenly, they heard the sounds of screaming coming towards.

"TIMBER!" Gloriosa screamed as she ran out to see her older brother being pulled into the cabin. "TIMBER!"

As Gloriosa ran in fright, Goldar jumped at her and grabbed Gloriosa, taking her to the ground!

"Let go of me!" Gloriosa cried out as she struggled against Goldar's grip on her. "Let go!"

"Let her go, Goldar. She's no threat to us." Zedd ordered and Goldar complied.

Hastily rising to her feet, Gloriosa raced to her brother's side, fear filled in her face.

"Timber…" Gloriosa cried in a hushed tone as he struggled to his feet, before turning to the four villains. "What did you do to him?"

"He was trespassing on our territory for starters," Zedd dec;ared. "But I'm sure he'll be fine!"

"Are you kidding?!" Gloriosa screamed in dismay and disbelief. "Look at what you did to him! He's hurt badly!"

"And he'll be hurt worse unless you comply with our commands, little girl!" Zedd laughed, pointing his staff at Gloriosa's throat. "Now, if you'll just come in here with us we have some questions to ask of you and your brother."

Taking a deep breath, Gloriosa realized that she was in serious trouble once again. And it wasn't Filthy Rich trying to take the camp from her and shut it down.

Meanwhile, Ninjor had teleported back to Tommy and Katharine's house for the night, feeling somewhat frustrated that his new proteges were dependent on magic rather than using their fighting prowess.

"I can't understand it, Tommy!" Ninjor sighed. "They just seem to rely on those magic necklaces to defeat their enemies. When you harnessed the ninja powers, you didn't need magic."

"Look, Ninjor, you gotta realize that you aren't looking at six teenagers with attitude like Zordon did." Tommy protested.

"I think it was five teenagers with attitude," Katharine corrected as she did the dishes. "You came along later."

"Yes, thanks for the reminder, Kat. Sometimes it's hard to imagine my life before I met Jason and his friends. The day I met them was the day my life changed forever," Tommy remarked, looking back at his wife briefly before turning his attention back to Ninjor. "The truth is…when we first met, Ninjor, we were six powerless rangers seeking new powers after Rito destroyed our old ones. You gave us a test to prove our worth and I said that we would keep fighting…powers or not."

"Sounds to me like your speech is something that might go over well with these girls," Ninjor declared as he tried to drink a glass of water only to spill it. "Almost forgot, I don't have a mouth like you do."

"It's all right," Tommy chuckled as he took a napkin and cleaned up the mess Ninjor had made. "And you're right, those girls probably need to hear a speech like that."

"I don't think speeches are going to be enough, Tommy," Katharine said as she sat back down at the kitchen table. "Those girls aren't like you or I. And they're not like those students from Reefside you once mentored either."

And while all those events were unfolding in the human world, back in Equestria Sunset Shimmer returned to her home in Canterlot. She was currently contemplating her future with the School of Friendship as a possible Vice Headmare.

"Vice Headmare of the School of Friendship?" Sunset thought to herself as she lay in bed that night. "It's such a powerful position, and I would be working alongside Starlight, Sunburst and even Trixie. I'd finally be making something of myself. I'd have redeemed myself in Equestria just like I did in the human world. But I just can't leave my friends in the human world forever. They would miss me greatly."

It was then that Sunset got herself an idea. There was a pony she could potentially turn to in her time of confusion. "Maybe Twilight can help me make this decision!" Sunset thought to herself before falling asleep.

The next morning, Sunset boarded the train to Ponyville and arrived at the Castle of Friendship, trying to seek out a second opinion about the position Starlight offered to her. "Hope Twilight can help me out," Sunset thought to herself as she made her way up to the front door of Twilight's castle. As she approached the door, the two guards guarding the entrance stopped her.

"Who goes there?" A guard called.

"I was wondering if Princess Twilight was home," Sunset asked in a meek tone. "But if…"

Just then the castle door opened But it wasn't Twilight, it was Celestia. "Sunset Shimmer, what are you doing here?" Celestia asked, before motioning the guards to stand down. "If you're looking for Twilight, she went to Yakyakastan to solve a problem with her friends a.k.a the other princesses." Dejected, Sunset turned to leave.

"But if there's something I can do..." Celestia offered

"-It's about this new position that Starlight offered me," Sunset interrupted. "It's been bugging me a lot lately."

"Well, come in and we'll talk about it," Celestia offered, gesturing to Sunset to come inside the castle. "I was just putting on some tea if you want any."

"Sure, that would be nice, thanks," Sunset declared, accepting her former mentor's offer as they walked into the kitchen where a teapot was already on the stove. "Sorry if I caught you at a bad time…"

"No no, I'm actually happy you decided to visit me," Celestia said as she poured the tea in two teacups. "It's actually kind of nice to spend some time alone together away from the School of Friendship."

"Where's Luna?" Sunset asked while looking around.

"She's thinking about taking up something classical related," Celestia answered, standing on one side of the kitchen while Sunset stood on the other. "Supposedly, she wants to play the piano or something like that."

Taking a sip of her tea, Sunset felt a sense of relief knowing that she and Celestia were spending alone time together, albeit it was under better terms this time around. "Look, Celestia," Sunset declared at last. "If you must know it's about this position of vice headmare that Starlight Glimmer offered me. I feel so…torn about it."

"In what way?" Celestia asked. "The students love you, the other teachers love you, I think you would make a great vice headmare."

"But there has to be a compromise, Celestia," Sunset protested. "I can't just abandon my friends in the other world, you know. They're going to need me as much as I need them."

Immediately, Celestia realized that she was getting into all too familiar territory. "I should have known this was going to happen," She sighed, taking another sip of tea. "Sunset, can I ask you a personal question?"

"How personal, Celestia?" Sunset asked in a confused tone.

"I mean, have you ever had mental health breakdowns at any time during your time in the other world?" Celestia inquired.

Sunset jumped. "Why do you ask me that?"

"Because just before her coronation, Twilight had to go into the hospital after having a really bad anxiety attack," Celestia explained to her former student. "Luna and I originally planned to retire to Silver Shoals, but Twilight's mental health and wellbeing were far more important. So we moved here instead and became professors. We've been that way ever since"

Astonished, Sunset was shocked by what she'd just heard.

"And that wasn't all," Celestia continued. "I made all her friends princesses so she wouldn't have to take on the responsibility of ruling Equestria all by herself."

"I'm…I'm not looking to be a princess anymore, Celestia," Sunset protested. "All I care about is being a good friend and ambassador to Equestria in the other world."

"And you still can," Celestia replied. "Why don't you just divide your time between here and the human world? I mean…I enjoy having you here in Equestria. Everyone loves you and they can learn a lot from a pony like you."

"S-so," Sunset stammered while looking more and more confused. "If you were in my horseshoes, Celestia, what would you do? Would you take up a vice headmare position or not?"

Meanwhile, back in the human world, Tommy and Katharine were awakened by the sounds of their communicators beeping on their wrists. Groaning, they woke and answered it.

"Alpha, it's five in the morning," Tommy yawned. "What's going on?"

"Tommy, you and Katharine are not going to believe this!" Alpha 5 cried on the other line. "Look at your viewing globe!"

Looking at their television set, Tommy and Katharine could not believe what they were seeing before them. Both their mouths dropped in disbelief at who they were looking at.

"Hello, Tommy!" Lord Zedd cried as he and his comrades held Gloriosa Daisy and a badly injured Timber Spruce against their will, tied up in two chairs. "I see you and Katharine have taken your romance to the next level!"

"Impossible," Tommy whispered. "It can't be!"

"Hey Kat, you're growing more and more catty every day." Rita added.

"Tommy, what's going on here?" Katharine asked, but all Tommy could do was stare in disbelief at what he was seeing before him. Two of his greatest enemies had returned to life!

PreviousChapters Next