• Published 19th Sep 2020
  • 2,912 Views, 209 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 12 - twilightsparkle3562

  • ...
7
 209
 2,912

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 3: "Of Wars and Graduations, Part 3"

Author's Note:

Episode Summary: As Sunset grapples with the option of staying in the human world or returning to fight in Equestria, the Dazzlings agree to join Grogar's Legion of Doom.

Cast:

Tara Strong as Princess Twilight Sparkle

Rebecca Shoichet as Sunset Shimmer

Kelly Sheridan as Starlight Glimmer

Cathy Wesluck as Spike/Secretary

Nicole Oliver as Principal Celestia

Tabitha St. Germain as Vice Principal Luna

Jason David Frank as Dr. Thomas "Tommy" Oliver

Catherine Sutherland as Katherine "Kat" Hillard

Kim Strauss as Ninjor

Richard Steven Horvitz as Alpha 5

Vincent Tong as Flash Sentry

John De Lancie as Discord/Lockdown

Kazumi Evans as Adagio Dazzle

Diana Kaarina as Aria Blaze

Maryke Hendrikse as Sonata Dusk

Mark Acheson as Lord Tirek

Kathleen Barr as Queen Chrysalis

Sunni Westbrook as Cozy Glow

Doug Parker as Terrorsaur

Don Brown as Scorponok

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" Season 12, Episode 3

Written by Jeff Snyder (TwilightSparkle3562)

Edited by SuperPinkBrony12

"PREVIOUSLY ON MY LITTLE PONY"

Twilight Sparkle: "If I know Sunset, she and her friends will be meeting here like they always do before they go to class."

Sci-Twi: "I suppose you're not here for a social visit or you would've already written to Sunset Shimmer about it already. All of us got scholarships to a place called Friendship University."

Lord Tirek: "According to this book, it says here that the sirens we seek are creatures that feed off negative feelings. The more they feed, the stronger they become."

Sunset Shimmer: "Princess Twilight, what a nice surprise."

Twilight Sparkle: "I actually have something really important we need to discuss. It's Grogar. I need you to come back home to Equestria, Sunset! Equestria needs you! You're the only hope we have left!"

Cozy Glow: "Why did you take us here, Tirek?"

Lord Tirek: "The Sirens are here!"

Sunset Shimmer: "Come back to Equestria?"

Tommy Oliver: "Yes, I believe I have an appointment with Principal Celestia."

Secretary: "Your name please, sir?"

Tommy Oliver: "Dr. Thomas Oliver."

While the core members of the Legion of Doom were on their mission to recruit the Dazzlings, Discord was rummaging through the stacks of stasis pods that the Predacons had recovered. The events at Vorak's kingdom gave Discord every indication that Equestria needed more allies to battle Grogar if it was going to stand a chance. "There's got to be someone in these pods that I can send to Twilight and the others," He muttered. "If Vorak's kingdom is any indication…"

Just then, he heard the sounds of the door opening and quickly transformed back into Lockdown as the doors opened to reveal Terrorsaur and Scorponok.

"Is the one he wants?" Terrorsaur asked as they grabbed one of the stasis pods.

"Yes," Scorponok answered. "Let's go."

As the two predacons prepared to leave with the pod, Lockdown stepped out from behind a stack and stopped them. "Where are you taking that pod?" He questioned the two Predacons.

"Um, Grogar asked us to get it for him," Scorponok replied while looking suspiciously at Lockdown. "Why do you ask, Lockdown?"

Not wanting his cover to be blown, Lockdown looked away, much to the confusion of Terrorsaur and Scorponok. "I…have my reasons."

Sensing that there was something off, the two Predacons decided to let go of their suspicion and left, taking the stasis pod with them.

Once they were gone, Discord dropped his disguise and returned to seeking out potential Maximals. As he began his search once more, he suddenly heard a faint voice.

"Help…"

The voice was high pitched, yet faint. Discord turned to find the source of it, but found nothing. "Who…who's there?" He asked, snapping his fingers and turning himself into a sound detector. "Is it you, Fluttershy? No, it can't be."

"Help…" The voice called again, this time from further away. "In the name of ninja, help me…"

"The name of ninja?" Discord wondered. "Must be one of the humans that we're keeping prisoner in the dungeons."

But getting another sensation, Discord found himself being drawn further and further to the voice. Leaving the storeroom, he proceeded down to the caves of deception beneath Grogar's palace.

"Help, in the name of ninja…"

Making his way into the caves, Discord began to follow the voice towards a small cavern where a blue bottle was located. "What's this?" Discord asked, flying his way over to the bottle. "Who could possibly be in here?"

Looking inside the bottle, Discord saw what appeared to be a little blue humanoid figure looking right up at him. "Why the great Ninjor of course!" The blue figure answered, much to Discord's surprise and confusion.

"Ninjor?" Discord remarked in a confused tone. "Never heard of you before."

Meanwhile, back in the human world, Dr. Oliver sat outside Principal Celestia's office and a few moments later, the door opened to reveal the Principal of Canterlot High, gesturing for him to come inside her office. "You must be Dr. Thomas Oliver," She smiled, sitting down at her desk as Dr. Oliver followed. "And you wish to fill our position for a new science teacher, correct?"

"Yes," Dr. Oliver acknowledged. "My last position was…different to an extent."

"In what way?" Principal Celestia asked. "You were once professor of paleontology at Reefside City, a profession that you left."

"Well, at my last job, let's just say we were frequently subjected to monster attacks." Dr. Oliver explained.

Raising an eyebrow, Principal Celestia began to get a sense of where her possible new hire was coming from. "I see," She remarked while, getting back to the task at hand. "Aside from what you just said, are there other kinds of science you teach besides paleontology?"

"Yes, a variety," Dr. Oliver. answered. "I've dabbled in Environmental, Marine Life and Astrology, but my forte is geological: Studying dinosaurs and the history of Prehistoric Earth. Or at least, that's what inspired me in high school."

"And where did you go to high school?" Principal Celestia questioned him.

"I went to Angel Grove High," Dr. Oliver replied. "I was a transfer student from Stone Canyon. I had a rough start in the beginning, but then I began to find my footing once I made some very special friends."

As Dr. Oliver spoke, Principal Celestia began to sense that he was harboring a secret, judging from the body language of his. "So it appears to me that you had a rough start and yet, you were able to overcome expectations to graduate with honors," She declared. "How did you do it?"

"Well, it probably helped that I was in karate." Dr. Oliver explained.

"Karate?" Principal Celestia raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, karate," Dr. Oliver answered as he began to briefly recall the days when he was in the prime of his youth. "The martial art helped teach me the importance of hard work and self discipline. In fact, do any students here take part in karate or other martial arts? For that matter, is there any interest?"

Lowering her head down in thought, Principal Celestia began to contemplate the possibilities of hiring someone like Tommy to her staff. "There isn't a karate club or anything martial arts related here, and neither are we looking to add to the after school activities just yet," She answered before finally looking up at Dr. Oliver. "However, I do think you could be a good asset. In fact, I think students will benefit from having someone like you, Dr. Oliver, not just in academics, but also in extracurricular activities too."

Extending her hand out, Principal Celestia had hired the man on the spot. "Welcome to Canterlot High, Dr. Oliver."

Smiling, Tommy shook his new boss' hand and his tenure at Canterlot High was about to begin.

Back in the library, Sunset was still trying to process the thought of returning to Equestria to fight Grogar. "Twilight, Starlight, I…" She stammered while pacing back and forth. "I want to help you, I really do. But, if I leave this world and never return then I'd be taking all the knowledge about Equestrian magic with me too! I don't want to leave my friends at a disadvantage, even to help Equestria."

"Sunset, I promise you that you can still be there for your friends," Twilight offered as she tried to give Sunset an option. "I mean, look at me. I was in the same boat as you when I was first crowned as Supreme Princess. I risked the possibility of leaving my friends behind."

But Sunset wasn't comforted by Twilight's words.

"Maybe," Starlight suggested while walking up to the pony turned human. "You might be afraid."

"Afraid?" Sunset remarked while turning around to face Starlight. "Of course I'm afraid! Do both of you realize how dangerous Grogar is?! I learned about him when Celestia was my mentor, and that was when I thought he was just a legend."

"As did I, Sunset," Twilight noodded. "We all thought he was nothing more than a legend after he was banished. A threat that existed solely in children's stories. But now he's back and we all have to play our part to stop him! You are a powerful ally and the only hope we have left."

Sighing deeply, Sunset became more and more conflicted with what was in front of her. Part of her didn't want to leave both Canterlot High and the world that she had made her home after severing ties with Celestia. "Twilight, I…I…" Sunset stammered, turning her attention towards the library doors. "I need to think about this."

"Sunset, wait!" Twilight cried, but Sunset left the library before she could hear Twilight.

Looking back at Starlight, it seemed to Twilight that gaining Sunset as an ally was not going to be possible.

Running to the girls bathroom, Sunset looked at herself in the mirror and splashed water on her face. Up until this moment she'd been looking forward to graduating and going off to Friendship University with the friends that she'd made. Now all those plans were going to ruin because of the growing war in her former home. "Okay Sunset," She gasped, trying to take in several deep breaths. "You've got this. Maybe going back to Equestria might do you some good. Maybe Grogar isn't as big a threat as he's supposed to be."

Groaning loudly, Sunset grew more and more despondent of her situation to the point that tears were beginning to form in the corners of her eyes. "I can't do this!" She cried to herself. "I can't split my time between two worlds. It's not possible! I've got to make a choice, but how? What would Princess Celestia do in this situation?"

Emerging from the bathroom, Sunset stepped outside just as the students were coming in to start their day. Signs marking her impending graduation ceremony were everywhere. But Sunset wasn't in a graduating state of mind. Even her final exams coming up could distract her from what was in front of her. As Sunset made her way back to the library, she silently began to rehearse just what she was going to say to Twilight.

Meanwhile, Dr. Oliver made his way out of Canterlot High, excited that he was going to be a teacher for the upcoming school year. Reaching for his cell phone, he proceeded to call and share the news. "Kat?" He asked in an excited tone. "Got some news for you."

"What is it, Tommy?" Dr. Oliver heard his wife ask. "You got the job?"

"Yes, I got the job," Tommy declared with a smile. "I start at the end of August!"

"Tommy, that's great! I'm so proud of you!" Kat declared.

"Yeah, it's really great, Kat!" Tommy replied while leaning back against the statue in front of Canterlot High's main entrance. "I think you'd like this place, Katherine. It's kind of reminding me a lot of Angel Grove High."

"It's really too bad you couldn't go back to Angel Grove high as a teacher," Katherine remarked. "Who knows? Maybe the next generation of Power Rangers could come from there, like how you mentored a group of new Power Rangers at Reefside High."

Sighing, Tommy could only look at what was in front of him. "Why don't we discuss it more over dinner tonight?" He asked.

"Sounds good to me, Tommy," Kat answered. "I love you."

"Love you too, Kat. Bye." Hanging up the phone, Tommy placed his cell back in his pocket and proceeded away from the building.

But as he prepared to leave, he suddenly heard a sucking sound coming from behind him. Turning around to investigate, he peeked around and saw a portal letting off strange vibes. "What's this?" He wondered to himself.

Meanwhile, inside a cave at Camp Everfree, the three sirens were trying to get the Legion of Doom to leave them alone.

"Five, four, three, two, one, time's up!" The purple skinned girl declared, storming up to the three villains and clutching her fist as she attempted to throw a punch at Tirek. But Tirek used his strong muscles to stop it and produce a strong grip on her hand. The pain she was feeling caused the purple skinned girl to cry out in pain, and when he heard her cry Tirek released his grip.

"What did you do that for?!" The blue skinned girl cried. "Why did you hurt my sister?!"

"It was merely a matter of self-defense, your sister swung first," Cozy Glow answered in a sassy tone. "Duh! For powerful sirens you three sure are dumb."

"Who are you three, and what do you want? And just how do you know who we really are?!" The yellow skin girl answered.

"We've come to give you an offer you can't refuse. There's nothing we don't know about you, because we work for a higher power," Chrysalis chuckled, walking over to the girls and sitting next to the yellow skin girl. "You see, we happen to know a way to get you back to Equestria."

This made the three girls excited, realizing that at long last they could be finally heading back home.

"Of course," Chrysalis continued while stroking the yellow skinned girl's long curly hair. "It would mean a small sacrifice on your part."

"Yes," Tirek answered as he and Cozy Glow approached. "But the reward for you all would be quite big. In fact, does the name Twilight Sparkle mean anything to you?"

A small look of confusion came onto the faces of the girls upon hearing this. "Um, no." The blue skinned girl answered while shrugging her shoulders.

"We do understand about another girl," The yellow skinned girl snarled. "Her name just happens to be Sunset Shimmer, and she's a goody twoshoes if I ever saw one. It's because of her that we're stuck like this!"

The three villains looked at each other in confusion. "Sunset Shimmer?" Cozy Glow asked while looking over at Tirek and Chrysalis. "That's nothing we've ever heard of. Is she like Starlight Glimmer?"

"Don't know who Starlight Glimmer is but trust me when I say Sunset Shimmer is the worst!" The purple skinned girl growled. "Sunset Shimmer and her meddlesome friends destroyed everything we've worked for, even going so far as to shatter our gems and render us powerless!"

"Absolutely, Aria!" The yellow skinned girl cried while ripping the red necklace off her neck. "For too long we have been trying to regain our powers and escape from this forsaken place!"

Taking the necklace from her hand, Chrysalis inspected the pendant and quickly identified what the three girls were doing wrong. "It seems to me that no matter what you do," she declared, giving the pendant back to the yellow skinned girl. "You will never get your powers back because they are not made from Equestrian magic. But we can fix that."

"Really? How do we get Equestrian magic?" The blue skinned girl wondered as she took another bite of her taco. This gave the Legion of Doom an idea. "There isn't any for miles."

"There's plenty of Equestrian magic around here, Sonata! Just nothing we can use!" The yellow skinned girl snapped, glaring at her equal before turning back to the Legion. "You'll have to excuse Sonata Dusk here, she can be a clumsy idiot at times. Honestly, if I weren't around to keep her and Aria Blaze in line, we'd all fall apart."

"That's alright," Chrysalis sneered while looking at the girls. "Just do as we say and we will not only bring you back home to Equestria, but give you all the power you need to survive and then some."

The three girls listened at the offer that was being given to them.

Looking at the portal, Tommy began to get a suspicion that something was amiss. Being a Power Ranger, he was all too familiar with portals that led to different dimensions and the trouble they could cause. "It's too bad Zordon isn't here right now," He thought to himself as he reached into his suit jacket and pulled out a device with a gold center on it. "Might need this later."

Tommy then turned over to a silver wristband on his watch and then, after looking around to avoid suspicion, he proceeded towards a corner of the school where he spoke into it. "Alpha, are you there?" He whispered into the wristband. "It's me, Tommy."

"Yes, Tommy, I read you," A high pitched robotic voice responded on the other end. "What is it?"

"Alpha, listen," Tommy explained. "I'm at a place called Canterlot High right now. I was just leaving and all of a sudden I detected strange vibes coming from one of the statues. I think it leads to another dimension."

"Another dimension?" Alpha asked. "I'll run a scan of your surrounding area now. By the way, did you get the job?"

"I did, thanks for asking," Tommy acknowledged. "Let me know when you've completed the scan. Tommy out."

Meanwhile, Sunset returned to the library to make her decision. In her mind, she didn't know how Twilight and Starlight were going to react, but she had to prepare herself for whatever came her way.

"Sunset!" Twilight cried in relief. "What did you decide?"

"Twilight, Starlight, I…" Sunset started to say. "I want to help you and your friends fight Grogar, but I need to ask for time."

"Time?" Starlight asked. "How long?"

"Time to at least let me graduate from here with my friends and break the news to them," Sunset answered. "The graduation is Friday night and then…"

But Twilight placed a hand on Sunset's bare shoulder, acknowledging her fear.

"Remember that time in Equestria and this world are far different from one another," Twilight said with a warm smile. "Don't worry, I won't let you miss your graduation with the others. Not if I can help it."

Feeling somewhat better, Sunset leapt in front of Twilight and hugged her, grateful that Twilight was willing to be flexible with her schedule.

"All right," Twilight declared as Sunset pulled away from her. "The portal is always open whenever you're ready, Sunset. I'll do my best to get you up to speed on everything you need to know."

"Thanks, Twilight." Sunset smiled as she turned and left the library.

With Sunset on board, Twilight and her companions were ready to leave the school and return to Equestria.

But at the same time, the sirens and the Legion of Doom were preparing to leave the caves and proceed towards Equestria.

"Just remember what you have to do, Adagio." Tirek instructed as she and the other sirens boarded their red van.

"Oh don't worry, Tirek," Adagion sinisterly smiled as she shut the door to the van. "I certainly will. Ready girls?"

With the sounds of their engine running, Tirek and his comrades boarded their motorcycle.

"Do you think they don't have plans of their own to betray us at some point?" Cozy nervously asked.

"Of course they don't, child. Not now anyway," Chrysalis answered. "They seem worthy enough to stick to our plan and besides, even if they did betray us, that big bear of Grogar's will have a three course meal waiting for him."

Laughing, the three villains followed the sirens as they drove away from the campgrounds and back towards Canterlot High School.

Just then, Flash Sentry darted into the school. His face filled with panic just as Vice Principal Luna was coming out of the office. "Flash Sentry!" She cried out, stopping him from going any further. "What is the meaning of this?! You know that finals started not too long ago! Where were you?!"

"I was in town, stopping off at my dad's bar," Flash explained as he panted, clearly out of breath. "But my bike was stolen!"

"That is a lie on top of a lie, young man," Vice Principal Luna replied, her face not showing any remorse. "We will discuss this later, now go to your exam at once."

"But, Vice…" Flash began to protest.

"NOW!" Luna shouted, pointing for Flash Sentry to leave. Exasperated, Flash did as he was told and when he was gone, Luna returned to the office as her older sister emerged from her own office.

"Luna, what's going on?" Celestia asked.

"Flash Sentry decided to show up late," Luna answered. "Apparently, he claimed his bike was stolen just so he could get out of finals. Can you believe it?"

But a look of disappointment befell on Celestia's face. "You don't believe me, do you, sister?" Luna asked.

"I saw the look on Flash's face," Principal Celestia remarked, her arms folded in her chest. "And from the looks of it, I don't think he would be lying. We both know Flash and we both know how honest he can be. It's not like him to suddenly start lying now. If his bike was stolen…"

Immediately, the vice principal developed a look of shear guilt on her face and turned away in slight embarrassment. "Sorry, Celestia," Vice Principal Luna apologized. "I guess…the end of the year activities…."

"Save it for Flash Sentry, Luna," Principal Celestia scolded. "When the finals are over, you owe him an apology."

At that moment, Twilight and Starlight proceeded to make their way towards the portal when Spike noticed something coming down the road. "Hey guys," He called, tapping on Starlight's human leg. "What's that coming towards us?"

Looking in the direction Spike was showing them, both Twilight and Starlight each saw a red motorcycle and a red van coming towards the school. Right away, both of them realized there was something off as the van and motorcycle drove right onto the school grounds.

"What in the world…?!" Twilight cried as the van and the motorcycle darted towards them. Immediately, all three recognized the human counterparts on the motorcycle. "Impossible!"

"Hello, Twilight!" Cozy Glow sneered as she jumped out of the sidecar. "Fancy running into you and Headmare Starlight here! Golly, how do we keep meeting like this all the time?"

"What are you three doing here?!" Twilight demanded.

"Oh, just recruiting some old 'friends' of yours into our ranks," Tirek declared, and at that moment the doors of the van opened and Twilight saw the Dazzling emerge. "I believe you know them all, don't you?"

"Adagio Dazzle!" Twilight cried. "And your sisters too!"

"Hello, Princess Twilight," The lead Dazzling remarked while looking down at her hand. "Thanks to our new friends here, we know more about you."

Just then, Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna saw what was happening from their outside window.

"I guess Flash was telling the truth after all," Luna whispered. "His bike was stolen."

"And look who else decided to come back," Celestia remarked. "The Dazzlings." Darting out of the office, Principal Celestia was determined to get these intruders off of school property. "Hey!" she shouted, catching the villains' attention. "What do you think you are doing here?! You're trespassing!"

"Principal Celestia," Aria Blaze snarled. "It just so happened we were in the neighborhood, and thought we'd say hello."

"Get off the school grounds right now!" Celestia angrily commanded as she stormed towards them. "We expelled you three after the Battle of the Bands."

"Yah, but we began to miss the place of our near triumph over you pathetic humans." Sonata cackled as the sirens were absorbing Celestia's anger into their pendants, giving them some of their power back.

Just then, Vice Principal Luna came out and seeing the Dazzlings, also stormed over.

"And Vice Principal Luna," Aria Blaze laughed. "Good to see you too."

"Save it, Aria!" the Vice Principal snapped. "You three are trespassing and that goes for your friends here too!"

"Oh golly, she called us your friends," Cozy Glow sneered. "Well let's show them who they're messing with, shall we?"

Advancing towards the principals, Tirek and Chrysalis each grabbed the sisters and began to drag them back into the school.

"Hey, let them go!" Twilight commanded, only for Chrysalis to somehow use her magic and send Twilight back hard against the side of the statue.

"Twilight!" Starlight cried, running to her former pupil's side. "Are you okay?"

Looking at the top of Twilight's head, Starlight could see that Twilight had bumped her head. Growling, Starlight proceeded to charge at the villains only for Chrysalis to do the same thing. And Starlight was soon pushed back when Tirek and Cozy Glow joined the fight, knocking Starlight down as she and Twilight struggled just to get to their feet.

"Now all we have to do is conquer the school, and Grogar will have an entire set of new recruits at his disposal." Chrysalis laughed as they held the two principals against their will.

But before they could go into the school, they heard a sharp voice.

"Hey!" Emerging from his hiding spot in the right side of the building, Tommy walked over to the villains, catching their attention. "You're not taking over this school on my watch!"

"Oh really?" Chrysalis mockingly replied. "Who are you to give us such commands? I happen to be a queen, you know."

But Tommy wasn't backing down. He just kept staring the six villains down while he stuck his hand in his suit pocket. "You say you're a queen?" Tommy remarked, pulling out a gold device with a gold center in the middle. "Well then, unless you have what I have, you don't even deserve to be queen or any of you for that matter. Because in my view…you're nothing but cheap carbon copies and amateurs. You pale in comparison to some of the threats I've had to face."

Right away, the villains began to get a sense of unease as Tommy placed his hands on the device, holding it out in front of the villains.

"What is that?!" Cozy Glow cried in a panicked voice.

"It's Morphin' Time!" Tommy shouted while tapping into the powers of his device as the center formed into the shape of a strange footprint. "Dragonzord!"

In a flash of green light, the villains saw that Tommy had transformed into a being in a green suit with a gold chest shield and a helmet with a dinosaur mouth on it. Throwing the two principals aside, the six villains confronted the figure, not realizing the power that Tommy held in his hands.

PreviousChapters Next