• Published 19th Sep 2020
  • 2,900 Views, 209 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 12 - twilightsparkle3562

  • ...
7
 209
 2,900

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 17: "Master Vile and the Mean 6"

Author's Note:

Episode Summary: After being banished by Grogar, the Mean Six along with Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker end up on the M51 Galaxy and are placed in the service of the Galaxy's ruler, Master Vile. Meanwhile Tirek, Chrysalis and Cozy Glow attempt to retrieve Discord's chaos powers from Grogar.

Cast:

Tara Strong as Mean Twilight Sparkle

Ashleigh Ball as Mean Applejack/Mean Rainbow Dash

Andrea Libman as Mean Fluttershy/Mean Pinkie Pie

Tabitha St. Germain as Mean Rarity/Nightmare Moon

Nicole Oliver as Day Breaker

Tom Wyner as Master Vile

Mark Acheson as Lord Tirek

Kathleen Barr as Queen Chrysalis

Sunni Westbrook as Cozy Glow

Doc Harris as Grogar

Kazumi Evans as Adagio Dazzle

Diana Karina as Aria Blaze

Maryke Hendrikse as Sonata Dusk

Tony Oliver as Globber/Dragon Warrior

Martin Short as Lieutenant Bray

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" Season 12, Episode 17

"Master Vile and the Mean 6"

Written by Jeff Snyder (TwilightSparkle3562)

Edited by SuperPinkBrony12

In the outer reaches of space, eight floating orbs passed through planet after planet containing the spirits of eight vile creatures, creatures that up until that moment had been in the service of Emperor Grogar. Now they had been banished for betraying him and left with nowhere else to go. As they drifted, a large floating skull head came towards them.

And inside the skull, a monstrous creature sat on his large red throne, brandishing a scepter and holding what appeared to be a picture of a male skull monster and a humanoid female. "Rita and Rito," The creature said to himself as he looked at the pictures. "How I miss you each moment of my life ever since those Power Rangers took you away from me. One day I, your beloved father, shall avenge your deaths."

Putting the pictures next to his throne, the creature growled in anger and fury. "But how can I avenge your deaths?" He wondered. "Even the Orb of Doom, the instrument of my greatest victory over the Power Rangers won't be of use now."

Suddenly, the creature looked up and saw through his gold glasses eight floating orbs flying in front of the skull. "Halt!" He commanded to a creature of blue goo who was piloting the skull. "I see something, Globber!"

"What is it, boss?" The creature asked.

"I sense something within those orbs," The creature replied and then commanded. "Bring them aboard."

Doing as he was told, Globber activated a tractor beam that pulled the eight spirits inside the skull's mouth.

Rising to his feet, the creature walked towards the orbs as they were pulled in. He placed his hand and touched one of the orbs, suddenly feeling a surge of energy coming out of it. "Ah, these creatures are hungry for life, Globber!" He remarked, suddenly stopping when he noticed that he could hear voices coming from inside of the orbs.

"What the hay is this dump?" A voice within a dark pink orb cried out. "I've seen better digs than this!"

"Ahh, this is nothin' but a short stop, buckaroo!" Another voice cried out from within a dark orange orb. "We'll be back and Grogar will be bowin' to us!"

Gasping, the creature was astounded by what he had just heard! "What did you say?" He commanded. "Who are you?! Speak now, I command it!"

The dark purple orb magnetized itself, catching the creature's attention. But neither or his servant were prepared for what they were about to uncover from within the orbs.

"I command you to answer me!" The creature demanded, grabbing the dark purple orb! "Who are you? Answer to me, Master Vile! For it is I who rescued you from certain doom."

"Master who?" The dark yellow orb sneered, much to Globber's shock. "More like Master Vomit if you ask me!"

Snarling, Master Vile took his scepter and dragged the dark yellow orb with a magnetic spell. "How dare you talk to me like that! I am the greatest emperor of evil who has ever lived!" He yelled at the orb. "I'll teach you some manners, you disrespectful brat!"

"I don't care, I'm out of here!" The dark blue orb remarked. "I'm only in this for me! I can't believe I'm stuck listening to you idiots!"

"Silence, you fools!" The voice in the dark purple orb cried. "I suspect that this creature seeks our loyalty. This could be our big break."

But Master Vile's loyal servant saw things differently. "Boss, something doesn't seem right about this," Globber advised in a worried voice. "Let's send them back out into the galaxy. We don't need them."

"Nonsense, Globber," Master Vile chuckled, releasing the orbs from his magical grip. "These creatures are hungry for life and I shall be the one to give it to them." Then suddenly, he noticed two more orbs: One black and purple and the other white and flaming orange, and both were glowing brightly.

Feeling a similar presence to the other orbs, Master Vile proceeded to walk over to them. "You are even more hungry for life," He said to them. "I see that you shall be of great use to me. All of you shall!"

Taking his scepter in his hand, Master Vile raised high over his head and began to chant a spell in a strange language. While Globber watched in fear, Master Vile activated his magic and several individual streaks of dark magic latched onto the orbs.

A few moments later, several bright flashes engulfed the space skull and once the flashes faded, six dark colored ponies and two large winged and horned ponies rose to their hooves.

"Where…where are we?" Mean Twilight asked while groaning. "What is this place?"

"This is my Space Skull," Master Vile explained, towering over the ponies. "And I am Master Vile, ruler of the M51 galaxy and father of Rita Repulsa and Rito Revolto."

"Some strange names for children," Nightmare Moon commented. "Are they creatures like you?"

"Yes, you sniveling creature, they were like me." Master Vile remarked in what sounded like a mournful tone.

"Are you in alliance with Grogar?" Mean Applejack coughed, adjusting her hat. "Because I think you are, and if you are…"

Mean Applejack then placed her two forehooves together and smiled evilly at what her intentions were, only for Mean Twilight to stop her. "Stop it, fool!" She hissed at Mean Applejack with a glare. "This creature probably has never heard of that idiot Grogar before. Let's not tell him until we know whose side he's really on."

Meanwhile, back at Grogar's palace on the moon, Tirek had Chrysalis and Cozy Glow in his quarters again for a secret meeting. They had a plan to return something Grogar had stolen and thus weaken his powers so that he'd be a more manageable threat (hopefully).

"Are you certain that it will work?" Chrysalis asked as they met with dimmed lights. "What you're suggesting is dangerous, Tirek!"

"Retrieving Discord's magic from Grogar's bell? You really think that alone will give us the edge?" Cozy whispered. "But why would you want us to do something like that? Why not just strike out and get as far away from all of this as you can?"

"Grogar is far too powerful as he is, Cozy!" Tirek answered. "If I have personal standards of evil, then by my sake so will you both! We'll stand together, or we'll all fall together. We did it before and we can do it again, I know it!"

Taking a deep breath, Chrysalis felt that it was against her better judgment to go against someone as powerful as Grogar, but she loved Tirek and he loved her. "All right," She reluctantly sighed. "I'll agree to this plan you want to have executed, Tirek. But just so we're clear, this isn't because you've developed a soft spot for Discord all of a sudden, right? Don't forget what he did to us!"

"I despise Discord as much as either of you do! I'd sooner die than work alongside him again," Tirek remarked. "However, I don't like to see others beaten to within an inch of their lives in the way that Discord did. The only one who should be allowed to inflict pain and suffering onto others should be us. Now listen to me, both of you! Here's how we're going to do this..."

Just then, the trio heard the sounds of hoofbeats walking right outside their room. After a few moments, the hoofbeats faded and Tirek resumed the meeting. "The fact is that Grogar is no different than any of us," Tirek advised in a further hushed voice. "He just wants us to be nothing more than pawns for his conquests. Well I won't be a pawn! After I've dealt with him I intend to take back my kingdom from these Decepticons, and then I'll get my revenge on Discord."

Little did any of the three realize that the door to their quarters was left ajar and a sickly green substance was emerging from Tirek's body. On the other side of the door, Adagio Dazzle was feasting on Tirek's negativity and once she was finished, she turned back to her fellow sirens. "Nice of them to give us a meal." Adagio whispered to Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk.

"It's too bad that we have to watch over them to do so," Sonata Dusk whimpered. "I have much better things to…"

"Grogar asked us to keep an eye on them and that's what we are going to do, air head," Aria Blaze interrupted, covering Sonata's mouth with her hand. "Now shut up and listen to what they're saying!"

"All right, we'll do it after Grogar goes to sleep," Chrysalis declared to her comrades. "We take Discord's magic from his bell and return it to its original owner. Although I don't know why we shouldn't just keep the bell for ourselves?"

"I agree with Chrysalis," Cozy Glow added. "With the bell in our hooves we'd be unstoppable!"

"Don't you remember when we took Discord's magic the last time?" Tirek reminded them. "None of us can control it. Besides if we did that we'd have an uneven playing field. Let Discord and the ponies fight Grogar to their hearts' content, we wait for the winners to emerge and then we pick them off. Now then…"Placing his arm out, Tirek motioning for Chrysalis and Cozy Glow to swear on the plan that they had come up with to get Discord his chaos magic back.

From the other side of the door, the sirens were shocked by what they had heard. "This is bad! What should we do?!" Sonata asked her fellow sirens, but neither Adagio or Aria had an answer yet.

Back on the Space Skull, Master Vile continued to get himself acquainted with the Mean Six and the clones of the Royal Sisters. "Who is this Grogar you all speak of?" He asked while tapping his scepter on the palm of his hand. "Is he a creature of evil too?"

"A creature that none of us fear anymore," Mean Twilight declared. "We were planning on overthrowing him when we were banished from his Moon Palace."

Suddenly, Master Vile silenced Mean Twilight with his scepter as a look of surprise and shock befell on his face. "What did you just say?!"

"Moon Palace," Mean Pinkie Pie answered. "And it's not exactly better than this hunk of junk. Where did you get this place from anyway, a dead dragon? This must be his brain or something, lots of empty space."

Without any hesitation, Master Vile used his magic and forced Mean Pinkie Pie to the ground. "First of all," He sternly hissed. "You shall not insult my Space Skull, and second of all I have a palace of my own on the M51 Galaxy."

"M51 Galaxy?" Mean Rainbow Dash wondered aloud. "Never heard of it and neither do I even bother being there."

"O ye of little faith, do not be so dismissive," Day Breaker remarked, her flaming mane causing Mean Rainbow Dash to begin sweating. "Master Vile, my sister and I seek to serve you in your quest, whatever it may be or wherever it may lead."

Stepping up to Master Vile, both Day Breaker and Nightmare Moon bowed down to Master Vile and the creature felt admired and respected at what was happening at his feet. Deciding to follow the cloned evil sisters lead, Mean Twilight also bowed down to Master Vile, swearing her loyalty to him as the rest followed.

"Excellent!" Master Vile laughed as he looked over to Globber. "Behold, Globber! We have new servants to help us in our quest."

Rising to their hooves, the evil clones accepted their newfound destinies.

"Now set a course for home! They will make a fine addition to my forces." Master Vile commanded.

Doing as he was told, Globber set the Space Skull on a course for the M51 Galaxy.

Back at Grogar's palace, Grogar was in his quarters testing the chaotic powers he had stolen from Discord. He couldn't help but feel amused by what he was seeing as chocolate rain fell on him as well as Scarface, much to the bear's irritation. "Scarface," The ram laughed. "It's only chocolate rain. That idiot creature of chaos has more where that came from!"

But the bear was unconvinced as the chocolate rain stopped and Grogar attempted to practice Discord's snapping of fingers with his hooves. Unfortunately, he couldn't do so. "Ugh, I'll still need to work on figuring out ways to get what I want in a flash," He muttered to himself. "If I'm going to have the advantage I desire, everything must be perfect."

Looking down at his bell, Grogar tried to figure what other kinds of chaos that he could muster. He then stomped down on his right forehoof and in a flash, Lieutenant Bray was summoned, although he was in the middle of bathing.

"Bray, what are you doing looking like that?!" Grogar suddenly thundered, much to Bray's embarrassment. "Make yourself presentable at once!"

"I-I'm sorry, my emperor," Bray pleaded, immediately bowing down to him. "I was just in the middle of bathing and then…"

Stomping his foot again, Grogar sent Bray away. "Well, that was interesting, Scarface," He remarked, walking over to his bear. "I don't need to snap, I just need to stomp."

The scarred bear merely let out a snort, not really caring. "Come on, my pet," Grogar pleaded. "Have some enthusiasm for your master." Scarface didn't respond.

Opening the door, Adagio and the rest of the sirens stood in the doorway, feeling slightly nervous at being in Grogar's presence.

"What do you three want?" Grogar asked, beckoning the sirens into his quarters.

"Um, sorry for disturbing you, Emperor Grogar," Adagio remarked. "But there's something we'd like you to know."

"Is it about those three idiots?" Grogar impatiently asked. "The centaur, changeling and that wannabe alicorn?"

"Um, you could say that," Sonata nervously chuckled. "I mean…it's not they're wanting to steal anything from you…"

"Of course they want to steal from me, you twit!" Grogar thundered! "They want the chaos magic inside my bell. And they're not going to get it," Then a thought struck him. "I have an idea," He declared. "You three are to stand guard in front of my quarters tonight."

"Tonight?!" Sonata gasped, jumping back slightly!

"Yes, and if you succeed in protecting my newfound powers, you shall be greatly rewarded." Grogar smiled.

"And…what if we…you know, fail?" Aria Blaze inquired.

"Then I shall put you in… whatever your worst place of punishment is in that other world." Grogar threatened them.

"Detention," Adagio pointed out with a grumble. "Students who cause trouble end up in detention."

"Good," Grogar nodded while looking over at Sonata Dusk. "Now, Sonata…here's a little something to help you keep your energy up for tonight." Stamping his hoof once more, Grogar produced a taco much to Sonata's delight and both Adagio and Aria's irritation.

Meanwhile, the space skull neared a large gray planet similar to the moon as a pair of humanoid dragon and goat-like creatures guided the space skull to land in front of a castle. "Behold my home planet," Master Vile declared to his new recruits. "Gamma Vile!"

Landing on the correct spot, the Space Skull powered down and Master Vile emerged from the Space Skull.

"Master Vile," A dragon-like servant called. "Have you found what you were looking for? Where is…?"

"Unfortunately my friend," Master Vile replied while not looking his minion in the face. "The spirits of my daughter, son and my son-in-law are nowhere to be found. I can only assume that Zordon's healing waved wiped them off the face of the universe forever. However, I have found new recruits for my services to make up for the loss."

"You guys look weird and disgusting!" Mean Pinkie Pie snapped. "Did you all just crawl out of a sewer or something?"

"Yeah, want some milk?" Mean Fluttershy said mockingly to a goat like creature, pulling down on its beard. "Because I can get it all out of you!"

"Enough!" Mean Twilight snapped, gesturing for her fellow mean ponies to keep following them. "Enough, you idiots! This is our greatest opportunity yet!"

But both Mean Pinkie Pie and Mean Fluttershy had some parting words for Master Vile's henchmen, both giving raspberries to them.

"I apologize for the behavior of my minions," Mean Twilight said to Master Vile, flying in front of him. "I can assure you that they will be dealt with in time."

"Nonsense, yy warriors are tough minded," Master Vile replied. "As are all of you."

Continuing to follow Master Vile, they soon all found themselves at the foot of a tall rock like structure. "This is my fortress," Master Vile declared to his new recruits. "Where you will be staying."

"Hmm, not bad," Day Breaker remarked in a sarcastic voice. "Could use a little light though. Perhaps I could fix that."

"I've been meaning to change the color for some time," Master Vile said to Day Breaker. "But not now."

"Why not?" Mean Rarity frowned. "If we are going to be living here, we might as well. That place looks so hideous!"

"He said not now, you twit!" Nightmare Moon sneered. "The time for frivolities will come soon enough!"

Then the group reached the front gates of Master Vile's fortress where a dragon and goat guard saluted their leader. "At ease," Master Vile said, saluting them in return as the doors opened and Master Vile led his new recruits through the doors and into the lobby of the fortress adorned by pictures of Rita and Rito as young children. "Welcome to your new home, my friends!"

With the sounds of Master Vile's laughs, the Mean Six and the Royal Sister clones were now serving a new master!

Back at Grogar's palace, the three scheming villains had to wait until Grogar had fallen asleep before they could make their move.

"All right," Cozy Glow whispered as they hid behind a stairwell. "He's asleep most likely."

"Good," Tirek whispered back. "Now all we need is to find a way to get past the guards…whoever they are."

Looking up, they saw the three humanoid sirens standing guard at the doors to Grogar's quarters and they each were now beginning to figure out how to get past them.

"Who are they again?" Cozy Glow asked Chrysalis. "I've been going out of my way to avoid them since they got here."

"They're the sirens Grogar sent us to retrieve," Chrysalis explained. "And if the Dazzlings are standing guard here this could be tricky."

"I could absorb whatever magic they have," Tirek whispered, looking back up at them. "But I can't carry both their magic and Discord's at the same time. You will both have to figure out a way to distract them."

"But what about you?" Cozy Glow wondered. "If they see you…"

"They won't," Tirek reminded his daughter figure before getting an idea. "Chrysalis? Can you change me into something else?"

"Like what?" Chrysalis asked in a confused tone. "You can't just be any creature. You need to be a creature that can move freely past those sirens without attracting attention."

Suddenly, it came to the centaur. "I've got it!" Tirek whispered. "Make me into a ghost of one of the dead."

"Who?" Chrysalis questioned.

Tirek shrugged his paws. "The Storm King, a donkey soldier, my father, anyone! Just make it quick!"

Taking this idea into account, Chrysalis charged up her horn and as quietly as possible cast her spell on her lover, transforming him into a ghost of the Storm King.

"It worked!" Tirek whispered even though his voice remained the same. "I can sneak in and absorb the chaos magic while you two distract the sirens!"

As Tirek prepared to float away, he was stopped by Cozy Glow. "Tirek!" She whispered to her disguised father figure. "Be careful, please." With those words, Tirek proceeded to float up toward the guarded doors where he saw the three sirens standing guard with Sonata struggling to stay awake.

"Stay awake, Sonata!" Adagio hissed, giving her sister a glare. "And don't yawn so loud! Do you want to wake Grogar up?!"

Smacking her lips, Sonata did as she was told, although she was hoping to have another taco to keep herself awake.

Floating overhead, Tirek flew down past the sirens and through a keyhole where he saw Grogar lying asleep with his bell still attached and Scarface growling sleepily. "I've got to work fast," He thought to himself, immediately floating in front of the sleeping Grogar. "How did that fool drain magic?"

Tirek then looked up at the Storm King's staff and remembered that was the Storm King's primary method of draining magic. "Oh yeah!" He whispered aiming the staff right at the bell and attempted to drain Discord's powers from it. But as hard as he tried, the staff didn't seem to work. "Come on! Come on, darn you!"

But although Tirek continued to try as he might, the magic didn't come out of the bell much to the centaur's frustration. "Why isn't this working?" He whispered in frustration, only to discover a small patch of writing on the staff. "'Powered by alicorn magic only'? Stupid fool!"

Not wanting to have his cover be blown, Tirek took several deep breaths and tried to quickly think of another way to obtain Discord's chaos magic. He then realized that there was another way to get the magic out of the bell. "Okay, okay, Tirek!" He whispered to himself. "Just absorb like you normally absorb magic. The bell is an inanimate, yet living being because it's attached to Grogar."

However, it wasn't to be that easy as right outside Grogar's quarters, the three sirens continued to stand guard when they suddenly heard a small noise.

"You hear that?!" Adagio whispered to her comrades. "What's that noise?!"

"I don't know," Aria whispered. "But it sounds like it's coming from downstairs! Come on, we've got to hurry!"

The two sirens started to leave, but had to wake up a sleeping Sonata. "Sonata, you idiot!" Adagio hissed, slapping her across the face and waking her up. "Wake up! We have intruders! Someone or something's trying to steal Grogar's bell and the chaos magic inside it!"

"Intrude…intrude…?" Sonata started to say, only to fall down asleep with a loud thud, causing Tirek to become slightly panicked.

"I've got to work fast," The centaur thought to himself as he quickly opened his mouth and carefully absorbed the magic of Grogar's bell. "Come on, come on! Where's that chaos magic?"

Finally, Tirek began to absorb a strain of magic containing uncontrolled magic signifying the chaos magic that belonged to Discord.

Suddenly, he began to hear the sounds of scuffling right outside the quarters."No! They're in trouble!" Tirek thought, looking back to the door and realizing that Chrysalis and Cozy Glow were in trouble. "I've got to help them, but I haven't finished absorbing the magic yet!" Tirek then ramped up his draining on the bell, but he couldn't wait any longer and decided he needed to leave quickly with what magic he'd successfully obtained now.

Quickly dashing out of Grogar's quarters, Tirek floated down to the aid of his girlfriend and daughter figure only to discover Adagio and Aria lying on the ground, unconscious.

"Don't worry," Chrysalis whispered to the centaur. "It wasn't easy but I managed to subdue them just before they could lay a finger on us. Did you get all the magic from Grogar?"

Suddenly, Tirek began to lean forward and clutch his stomach as he let out sharp, yet quiet groans of pain.

"Come on!" Chrysalis said to Cozy Glow. "Get us out of here, now!"

Hastily teleporting them all out, Cozy Glow managed to get the three to a far away portion of the castle!

Acting fast, Tirek dropped his ghost disguise and aiming for the earth, loudly blasted out the chaos magic into space before collapsing in exhaustion!

"You okay?" Cozy asked as she and Chrysalis helped Tirek to his feet.

"I'll be…I'll be fine," Tirek weakly gasped as he confessed. "I could only get half of the chaos magic out of the bell."

"But why?" Chrysalis asked.

"Because I…I couldn't let the sirens harm you both," Tirek protested. "Discord may have half of his powers back, but he will manage. It's more than what he deserves."

Both Chrysalis and Cozy Glow were dismayed to hear this. By only obtaining half of the chaos magic, the three had lost considerable advantage in weakening Grogar.

"So what do we do now?" Cozy Glow asked.

"We don't mention anything about this to anyone, understand?!" Chrysalis protested. "If Grogar asks, we'll say that some of the donkey soldiers plotted to mutiny and we stopped them. Now, let's get back before we are discovered! Hopefully he'll take care of those worthless sirens for us like he did when he took care of the Storm King." Then quickly, she teleported herself and her comrades back to the castle while in the depths of space, half of Discord's chaos magic floated towards Equestria

Back on Gamma Vile, the mean six and the royal clones continued to absorb their new surroundings.

"This is very nice, a true stroke of fortune" Nightmare Moon remarked, flying up to take advantage of some of the artwork on the walls. "What artwork is this?"

"It's something that I made myself," Master Vile replied. "When I'm not conquering galaxies, I prefer to create artwork. It's been helping me get through the fact that my children are gone."

"Maybe we can help you get them back?" Mean Applejack pondered. "As long as they ain't dead as doornails."

"Forget what I said earlier! They are still alive, somehow! I can sense it!" Master Vile hissed, pointing his staff at Mean Applejack's nose. "And I will not hear such talk out of you or any of your 'friends' for that matter!"

It was then that Mean Twilight began to get herself an idea on how to get what she and her comrades wanted. "I can assure you Master Vile," she said, flying over to him. "That we will help you in any way we can to get your offspring back. However, we have something we need your help with in return."

"Indeed," Master Vile remarked, immediately taking a deep likening to Mean Twilight. "Shall we go and discuss in my throne room?"

Evil smiles forming, both Master Vile and Mean Twilight began to get a deep understanding for each other and the goals that they both sought: For Master Vile it was to get his children back from the dead, and for Mean Twilight it was overthrowing Grogar once and for all!

PreviousChapters Next