• Published 19th Sep 2020
  • 2,900 Views, 209 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 12 - twilightsparkle3562

  • ...
7
 209
 2,900

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 4: "Of Wars and Graduations, Part 4"

Author's Note:

Episode Summary: With Tommy Oliver facing off against the Sirens and the Legion of Doom, Sunset Shimmer bids farewell to her friends as she prepares to return to Equestria.

Cast:

Jason David Frank as Dr. Thomas "Tommy" Oliver

Tara Strong as Princess Twilight Sparkle/Sci-Twi

Rebecca Shoichet as Sunset Shimmer

Ashleigh Ball as Applejack/Rainbow Dash

Andrea Libman as Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy

Tabitha St. Germain as Rarity/Vice Principal Luna

Cathy Wesluck as Spike

Nicole Oliver as Principal Celestia

Kelly Sheridan as Starlight Glimmer

Catherine Sutherland as Katherine "Kat" Hillard

Kim Strauss as Ninjor

John De Lancie as Discord

Mark Acheson as Lord Tirek

Kathleen Barr as Queen Chrysalis

Sunni Westbrook as Cozy Glow

Kazumi Evans as Adagio Dazzle

Diana Kaarina as Aria Blaze

Maryke Hendrikse as Sonata Dusk

Doc Harris as Grogar

Alvin Sanders as King Sombra

Robert Morse as Sendak

Vincent Tong as Flash Sentry

Tony Oliver as Saba

"My Litt

"PREVIOUSLY ON MY LITTLE PONY"

Ninjor: "In the name of ninja, help me…"

Discord: "Never heard of you before."

Principal Celestia: You were once professor of paleontology at Reefside City, a profession that you left."

Tommy: "Well, at my last job, let's just say we were frequently subjected to monster attacks."

Principal Celestia: "Welcome to Canterlot High, Dr. Oliver."

Twilight Sparkle: "You are a powerful ally and the only hope we have left."

Sunset Shimmer: "I need to think about this."

Queen Chrysalis: "We've come to give you an offer you can't refuse. Just do as we say and we will not only bring you back home to Equestria, but give you all the power you need to survive and then some."

Tommy: "I detected strange vibes coming from one of the statues. I think it leads to another dimension."

Flash Sentry: "My bike was stolen!"

Tommy: "You're nothing but cheap carbon copies and amateurs. It's morphin time!"

The six villains could not believe their eyes! They had come face to face with someone that none of them had ever heard of before.

"I don't know who you think you are, mister," Chrysalis snapped as she and the others took up fighting stances. "But you're messing with the wrong creatures!"

"No," Tommy said quietly as he took up a battle position. "You're messing with the wrong creature: me! You've obviously never tangled with a power ranger before. Well you're about to learn the hard way!" Making his move, Tommy began to engage the villains in hand to hand combat, throwing punches and kicks wherever he went all the while uttering screams.

"Don't just stand there, sisters!" Adagio cried to Aria and Sonata as Tommy threw a punch at Tirek's mouth. "Help them out!"

"But, I'm not much of a…" Sonata pleaded only to be pushed by Adagio while Aria punched Tommy in the stomach, sending him flying onto the stairs.

Getting to their feet, Principal Celestia and her sister realized that something needed to be done.

"Celestia, we have to do something!" Vice-Principal Luna cried in a panicked voice as she helped her sister up. "These creatures might be from that other world that Sunset belongs to."

"When you're right you're right, Luna," Celestia replied. "Come on! We've got to lock the school down before any of our students get caught in the crossfire!"

But just as the two prepared to go around back to enter the school, they saw the knocked out Twilight and Starlight lying unconscious against the statue.

"We can't leave them here, they need medical attention!" Luna declared, grabbing a hold of the unconscious Starlight and flinging her on her shoulder. "Help me out, sister! Quickly!"

Doing as she was told, Celestia helped out by lifting Twilight onto her own shoulder. Seizing an opportunity, the two sisters darted for the door while Tommy dealt with the villains. Running inside, Celestia and Luna placed the unconscious girls in the chairs while Celestia ran for the microphone crying out in an urgent voice. "Attention!" She called. "This is a message for the entire school! Condition Red, lockdown! This is not a drill!"

Upon hearing those words, every classroom in the school began to shut down their operations, including the classroom where Sunset and her friends were in. Huddled into a corner, they immediately began wondering what was going on. Sunset had a very good idea of what was going on.

"Sunset," Fluttershy whispered. "What's happening?"

"It's not good," Sunset whispered back as the lights were turned off. "I think I know what's happening. Princess Twilight's in trouble!"

Back in the courtyard, Tommy continued to duel with the villains. But, he felt that he needed to take his fighting to the next level. "It's morphin' time!" He cried out, holding out his master morpher as the logo in the center shifted. "Tigerzord!" Immediately, Tommy transformed from his current form to a human covered in white with a black chest shield, along with gold trimmings and a gold tiger like head on his helmet. "Okay Saba, ready?" He cried to his sword with a tiger head on it.

"Ready, Tommy! This is just like old times." The sword acknowledged.

Using his sword, Tommy swiped and slashed at the villains, including Chrysalis, the tip of the sword striking her in the shoulder and causing her to screech in pain.

"You'll pay for that!" Chrysalis cried.

"Put it on my tab!" Tommy remarked as he swung in the air and kicked Chrysalis back.

Angered by seeing his girlfriend hurt, Tirek jumped in the air!

Tommy acted quickly, tapping into the powers of his master morpher again. "It's morphin' time! Ninja Ranger Power now!" Transforming into a white hooded ninja outfit, Tommy managed to jump out of Tirek's way and leapt onto the top of the school.

"Come back here!" Tirek yelled as Tommy lept from one roof to the other, running up the side of another and eventually coming back down on his feet as Cozy Glow charged at him.

Letting out a loud cry of her own, Cozy jumped into the air and flew a kick at Tommy.

But Tommy had expected this. "It's morphin' time!" He shouted once again, tapping into the powers of his master morpher again. "White Ranger Power!" Transforming back into his white ranger form, Tommy then tapped into his powers even further. "Metallic Armor Power Up!"

Suddenly, Cozy Glow felt herself hitting something metallic when she made contact with Tommy's costume, and fell back onto the ground, her leg in great pain as she tried to stand up. "My leg!" She cried, holding it tightly as a look of anger befell her tear stricken face. "I think I sprained my leg!"

Hearing Cozy's cries of pain, Tirek ran around to the back and charged at Tommy, but Tommy used his metallic armor to throw fast moving punches and kicks at Tirek, hitting him repeatedly in the chest. And Tirek soon found himself unconscious and falling down onto the side, next to the injured Cozy Glow.

Just then, Tommy saw Chrysalis and the sirens running towards him. Once again he tapped into the powers of his master morpher. "Time to kick things up a notch! It's morphin' time!" He cried as his master morpher's symbol shifted once more. "Zeo Ranger Five, Red!"

Changing out of his white suit, Tommy now wore a suit of red that had white on the arms, legs and neck and gold trim on the collar. A black star was displayed prominently in the center of his helmet. Reaching into the holster of this new suit, Tommy fired several blasts at the feet of Chrysalis and the sirens, sending them back several inches!

From their office window, Celestia and Luna watched the whole thing unfold.

"Who knew Dr. Oliver was more than a teacher?!" Vice Principal Luna gasped.

"I think there's more to him than meets the eye," Celestia acknowledged. "Much more. This must've been what he did in his spare time at Reefside and Angel Grove."

Meanwhile, up on the moon, Grogar was about to begin work on resurrecting a possible minion when he suddenly felt a summons from his bell.

"What is it, my emperor?" Sombra asked as Grogar called back his spell. "What's wrong?"

Growling, Grogar turned around and walked back towards his viewing globe, seeing Tommy do battle with Chrysalis and the Sirens. "What is going on here?!" Grogar growled. "Who is this creature I see?!"

"I don't know, my emperor," Sombra replied. "He's like no creature I've ever seen before."

Grogar hissed. "I asked those three to recruit the sirens and yet…" Realizing that he needed deeper advice, Grogar motioned for Sendak to come over to him. "Come here you old geezer," He commanded to the elder centaur. "Who is this masked creature who wields such incredible power?! Tell me who he is!"

"The strange, red costumed, two legged creature?" Sendak asked as he shook his head. "I know not who he is. He wields powers even I would never dream of. They must come from somewhere though."

Meanwhile, Discord teleported himself out of the castle holding the blue jar containing the mysterious ninja figure inside.

"What's going on?" Ninjor asked. "I'm getting sick in here!"

"Shh, keep it down!" Discord whispered while glaring into the bottle with one of his eyes. "Do you want Grogar to hear you and get us both in trouble?!"

"Well, I…" Ninjor started to say.

"-Good!" Discord interrupted. "Now, I'm going to send you back to where I came from. Just stay in your little jar until you arrive."

Transforming himself into a baseball player, Discord aimed the jar towards Equestria. "Here's the windup…" He whispered to himself. "And the pitch…" Using his lion paw, Discord threw the jar into space and could only wonder if it would arrive safely in Equestria. Watching from the moon, Discord saw the jar going further and further away as it headed straight for Equestria.

Back in the human world, Tommy continued to battle Chrysalis and the Sirens and then he realized he needed to go to the next level. "Dino Thunder, power up!" He cried and he transformed into a black suited ranger covered in gold markings. "I can keep this up all day!"

As Aria Blaze attempted to battle Tommy, the veteran ranger pushed down on Aria's wrist, causing her again to cry out in pain. "Hey! Let go of me!" Aria cried.

Sonata attempted to help but Tommy kicked her in the stomach and sent her back.

Having seen enough, Grogar decided to bring his troops back home. "All right," He declared. "This madness ends now! It's time to bring my troops home!" Tapping into the powers of his bell, Grogar teleported the villains out of the human world including Aria Blaze, Tommy losing his grip on her as a result.

"Where…where did they go?" Toomy gasped, looking around to see that all the villains were gone. Immediately, Tommy turned back towards the school as Celestia made the announcement to end the brief lockdown.

"All clear," Celestia declared in a calm voice, then turning to the injured Twilight and Starlight. "Sister, we've got to get them to the nurse's office. Let's go!"

Helping them up, the two principals proceeded to the nurse's office.

"Power down!" Tommy cried as he reverted to normal. But before he could go into the school, he heard the sounds of rustling from the bushes and pulling them back, he saw Spike hiding in the bushes.

"Are they…are they gone?" Spike whimpered.

"A talking dog?!" Tommy gasped. "Why doesn't it surprise me?"

"Well, I'm really a…a dragon," Spike stammered as Tommy gently extended his hand to him. "Please, don't hurt me! I mean you no harm!"

"I'm not going to hurt you," Tommy said tenderly as he scooped Spike out of the bushes. "Come here."

"Twilight, Starlight! Where are they?" Spike wondered.

"You mean those two girls from earlier? They're probably with the school principals if I had to guess." Tommy declared. And then with Spike in his arms, Tommy made his way back into the school.

In the nurse's office, Twilight opened her eyes and found herself and Starlight lying on two separate beds. "Mmm, what...what happened to me?" She moaned, looking over to see Principal Celestia standing over her as she tried to sit up.

"Lie still, Princess Twilight," Celestia whispered, pushing Twilight back down on her back. "You and your friend were knocked unconscious."

Just then, Sunset Shimmer made her way into the nurse's office and saw her Equestrian friends lying down. "I came as soon as you called me," Sunset said as she stood in front of Twilight and Starlight. "You guys okay?"

"We're…fine…I think we'll manage," Starlight replied as she tried to rub her head. "Ohh, I'm gonna feel that in the morning for sure."

"Just be thankful you're still alive," Twilight whispered. "The Dazzlings and the Legion of Doom working together, I should have known."

"That's who those three were?" Vice Principal Luna remarked. "We knew about the Dazzlings, but…"

"-They aren't of this world," Sunset interrupted. "They're from my home world, Equestria. Even before the battle of the bands they'd been trapped here. But now they've been freed."

"Freed?" Twilight asked as she felt a sharp pain in her head. "That is not what I wanted to hear, Sunset. They're surely going to be recruited in Grogar's ranks, meaning he'll have even more powerful subordinates at his disposal."

As she looked down at Twilight and Starlight, Sunset began to realize that she needed to do something. She couldn't bear the thought of seeing her home being attacked and conquered by Grogar.

Just then, Tommy came into the room holding a very scared Spike as Twilight looked up, taking Spike from him.

"Tw…Tw…Twilight! Oh, I'm so glad you're okay!" Spike cried in a shaky voice as Twilight hugged him, noticing his own PTSD kicking in.

"Shh, shh. It's okay, Spike. You're okay, we're safe now," Twilight whispered as she held Spike in her arms. "Thanks for bringing him here, Mr…"

"Thomas," Tommy corrected. "Doctor Thomas Oliver to be exact. I saw you get attacked by three girls and three others: A man, a woman and a crazy child."

"Yes, we know who they are, unfortunately," Starlight declared. "How did you know about them?"

"I fought them in the school courtyard after you two were knocked out," Tommy explained. "They intended to take control of the school and brainwash everyone into serving someone named…Grogar."

Right away, Sunset immediately began getting flashbacks to when she became a demon and how she'd once intended to conquer Equestria with her own teenage army.

"Who is this 'Grogar' you speak of?" Principal Celestia questioned. "I would assume he's not from this world?"

"He isn't, and he's bad news," Sunset Shimmer answered. "He used to rule my home world with an iron hoof, but he was banished to the moon by my mentor's parents millions of years ago. But now he's back and looking to reclaim my home world for himself."

"You…you said that you fought the Dazzlings and the Legion of Doom?" Sunset asked Tommy. "Sorry in advance for this, but…"

Holding out her hand, Sunset grabbed Tommy's hand and looked into his mind, seeing visions of him fighting the Legion of Doom and the Sirens in his ranger forms. She then began to look back at the moment that the villains intended to conquer the school:

"Now all we have to do is conquer the school, and Grogar will have an entire set of new recruits at his disposal," Chrysalis laughed. But before they could go into the school, they heard a sharp voice.

"Hey!" Emerging from his hiding spot in the right side of the building, Tommy walked over to the villains, catching their attention. "You're not taking over this school on my watch!"

"Oh really?" Chrysalis mockingly replied. "Who are you to give us such commands? I happen to be a queen, you know."

But Tommy wasn't backing down. He just kept staring the six villains down while he stuck his hand in his suit pocket.

"You say you're a queen?" Tommy remarked, pulling out a gold device with a gold center in the middle. "Well then, unless you have what I have, you don't even deserve to be queen or any of you for that matter. Because in my view…you're nothing but cheap carbon copies and amateurs. You pale in comparison to some of the threats I've had to face."

Right away, the villains began to get a sense of unease as Tommy placed his hands on the device, holding it out in front of the villains.

"What is that?!" Cozy Glow cried in a panicked voice.

"It's Morphin' Time!" Tommy shouted while tapping into the powers of his device as the center formed into the shape of a strange footprint. "Dragonzord!"

In a flash of green light, the villains saw that Tommy had transformed into a being in a green suit with a gold chest shield and a helmet with a dinosaur mouth on it.

Having seen enough, Sunset released her grip on Tommy. "No way! You're one of them!" She gasped. "You're one of the Power Rangers!"

"Who?" Twilight asked.

"The Power Rangers," Sunset answered. "I remember hearing about them when I first came here. How they saved Angel Grove time after time from monsters. And you, you're one of them, Doctor Thomas! All this time, I thought they were just a legend, but they're real! And so are you!"

"Yes," Tommy confessed. "Me and my fiancée are both former Power Rangers. And I want you to promise me something, Sunset Shimmer."

"Of course," Sunset nodded. "What is it?"

"You are not to tell anyone about my identity as a Power Ranger besides the ones who just overheard this conversation," Tommy instructed. "Do you promise me that?"

"I promise," Sunset promised to Tommy before turning to Twilight and Starlight. "And one more thing…I'm going to join you to help defend Equestria against Grogar. With the Dazzlings on his side it's become personal!"

Both Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna felt their mouths drop upon hearing what Sunset had just said!

"Sunset, are you…are you sure about that?" Vice Principal Luna asked. "You do realize that…"

"-Time in Equestria is far different from how it is here in this world," Sunset interrupted as she sat down next to Twilight. "I may be back before you know it. Besides, I can't stand idly by while my home world is attacked! If Grogar isn't stopped, no world will be safe from him, not even this one."

The two principals were taken aback by Sunset's decision. In their minds, she was going to be sacrificing not just her final exams but much more.

"S-Sunset," Principal Celestia stammered. "We respect your decision, really. But you do realize that if you…if you…"

"It's okay, Principal Celestia," Sunset said in a tender voice while trying to sound optimistic. "If anything, we may defeat Grogar quicker than we realized. And if not I can find a way to finish my exams in Equestria."

"It won't be that easy, Sunset," Twilight remarked, remembering her previous defeat. "My friends and I recently fought Grogar defending King Vorak's kingdom and we were defeated by him. You're going to be dealing with someone who is unlike anything we've ever seen before. And with the Dazzlings on his side he's bound to be even tougher to defeat."

Sunset's optimism quickly turned off upon hearing Twilight's words.

Back on the moon, the Dazzlings and the Legion of Doom found themselves face to face with Grogar as he scowled down at them inside his throne room while Sombra and Sendak watched.

"You have succeeded in bringing the sirens to me," Grogar said to the Legion of Doom, acknowledging their success. "But it wasn't without reckless behavior. What were you thinking trying to recruit soldiers into our ranks without my permission?"

"Well, we…" Chrysalis started to say, a bandage covering the wound on her shoulder where Tommy had struck her during the fight. "We just wanted to…"

"-Well, I have more than enough to serve me already, despite the loss of the Storm King!" Grogar angrily interrupted. "Your instructions were to simply find the sirens and return here! Instead, you…"

"-But Grogar!" Cozy protested, a small cast on her left hind leg.

"SILENCE!" Grogar demanded, scaring the alicorn filly. "Despite you succeeding in your quest, you deliberately disobeyed me and thus must be punished! Leave my sight at once, I'll let Sombra decide your fate!"

With the legion gone, Grogar turned his attention to the sirens, still in their human forms.

"You…you scare me!" Sonata whimpered. "I don't think I like you very much, Mr. Grogar sir."

"Well as long as you obey my commands," Grogar declared, towering over the three. "You shall not be harmed or punished in any way. You have my word on that."

"Which means keeping your big mouth shut for a change." Adagio hissed at Sonata, much to Grogar's annoyance.

"Yes," Grogar nodded, taking note of Adagio's remark. "That is true. And if you do disobey me greatly or fail me too often, this is what will happen to you…" Tapping his hoof three times, the sirens heard the sounds of Scarface coming into the throne room as the scar faced grizzly studied the three sirens.

"A bear?!" Aria Blaze gasped.

"Yes, a bear," Grogar answered. "But not just any bear. Scarface is my pet who carries out my greatest punishments. Obey me, and you shall not suffer his wrath."

Naturally, Sonata Dusk was frightened greatly by Scarface's presence. Grogar was quick to take note of this. "Do not be frightened, my child," He said in a sarcastic tone, walking over to Sonata. "He's usually very friendly once you get to know him."

But Sonata was still uneased by the bear's presence and the sirens knew that they were now in Grogar's world and under Grogar's command.

Back in the human world, Sunset Shimmer stood in front of the portal to Equestria as she hugged her human friends one last time. "Don't worry, guys," Sunset promised. "I'll be back soon. You count on it!"

"Oh, we'll worry anyhow. It'd be weird not to." Rarity declared.

"Yeah," Pinkie Pie added in a sobbing tone. "We're going to miss you so much!"

"It's not like I'm going away forever, Pinkie," Sunset reassured her. "I'm just playing my part in protecting Equestria, that's all. I'll come back someday, I promise."

"Oh okay." Pinkie said, immediately putting on a forced smile, much to Sunset's relief.

As Sunset was getting ready to step through with Twilight, Starlight and Spike, Tommy stopped her. "Wait, Sunset!" He called, catching her attention. "I'll stay here and keep an eye on your friends while you're gone."

"Thank you, Dr. Oliver," Sunset replied. "But we'll be graduating soon and…"

"I can still learn my way around here by being here for your friends," Tommy interrupted. "Don't worry, your world is in safe hands with me."

Smiling at those words, Sunset turned her attention back to the portal and stepped forward, taking a deep breath as she stepped through the portal while Tommy and her human friends watched.

"So, what do we do now, Dr. Oliver?" Sci Twi asked as Tommy looked at them.

"We prepare for whatever this Grogar has planned for us," Tommy answered. "Come." And Dr. Oliver led the six girls back inside the school.

A few moments later, Twilight, Starlight, Spike and Sunset came out of the portal much to the relief of all who had been waiting.

"Twilight, you're back!" Applejack cried as she and the others gathered around Twilight!

"Good to see you again, Twi." Rainbow Dash added.

But rather than being welcomed by Twilight's friends, Sunset turned all of her attention towards Celestia and Luna. "Hey there." Sunset remarked to the two sisters.

"Welcome back, Sunset Shimmer!" Celestia said as she and Sunset warmly embraced one another. "Thank you for helping us fight our greatest war."

Sunset was grateful to be back home, but at the same time all she could do was wonder what was going to happen now that she was dragged into the fight for the future of Equestria.

"Well, you have to thank Princess Twilight for persuading me," Sunset remarked as she and Celestia left the library. "I understand a lot has happened here."

"Yes," Celestia nodded as they walked down the hall. "I've since given up my crown to Twilight and her friends, and am now teaching at the School of Friendship alongside Luna."

"Wait, Luna retired too?" Sunset blinked.

"Yes. We've both decided that being there for Twilight and the others is more important," Luna explained. "Like you said, there's so much you must catch up on."

Nodding in reply, Sunset agreed with Celestia. However, there was something far more important that she needed to turn her attention to.

"I trust you will be wondering where you can stay," Celestia remarked and Sunset once again nodded in reply. "Well, you're welcome to stay here in the castle if you like. Luna and I have been living here since we've retired."

"Thanks for your offer, Celestia," Sunset replied. "But I think that I need to be closer to ponies that I know very well."

Stepping up onto the roof of the castle, Sunset looked out in the distance towards Canterlot where her family lived. Sunset knew that she wasn't fully at home in Equestria until she was in Canterlot.

"You say this war affects everypony in Equestria?" Sunset asked Celestia.

"It does and everycreature too," Celestia answered her former pupil. "Everyone must play their part in stopping Grogar, Sunset."

"And I will play my part too, Celestia," Sunset sighed as a gust of wind blew through her brightly flaming mane. "If Grogar ever touches my family or my friends…he will feel my wrath!"

And as Sunset spoke Grogar's name, she swore she could hear the sounds of Grogar's evil laughing off in the distance symbolizing that the stakes had never been so higher.

PreviousChapters Next