• Published 19th Sep 2020
  • 2,900 Views, 209 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 12 - twilightsparkle3562

  • ...
7
 209
 2,900

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 8: "Vaping Vapor"

Author's Note:

Episode Summary: During an investigation of the Distant Lands, Vapor Trail and Sky Stinger encounter a newly recruited Predacon that causes major psychological damage to Vapor Trail, leaving both her and Sky Stinger to air unseen feelings for one another.

Cast:

Rhona Rees as Vapor Trail

Emmett Hall as Sky Stinger

Kelly Metzger as Spitfire

Matt Hall as Soarin

Ashleigh Ball as Rainbow Dash

David Kaye as Megatron

Scott McNeil as Silverbolt

Frank Welker as Soundwave

Keith Szarabajka as Laserbeak

Doc Harris as Grogar

Martin Short as Lieutenant Bray

John De Lancie as Discord/Lockdown

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" Season 12, Episode 8

"Vaping Vapor"

Written by Jeff Snyder (TwilightSparkle3562)

Edited by SuperPinkBrony12

Megatron sat in the throne room of what had been King Vorak's kingdom, grateful to have been given his own base to command over (something he had not had since the Beast Wars). Looking out from the throne room, he continued to absorb the feeling that this kingdom was his to rule over.

"Lord Megatron," He heard a voice say as Soundwave stepped into the throne room. "The latest ally of ours has arrived."

Looking towards Soundwave, Megatron gestured for the new recruit to come in. A few moments later, a large purple condor flew into the throne room and let out a loud screech, much to Megatron's delight. With another loud screech, the condor transformed into robot mode, its wings remaining on its arms.

"Yes, he's impressive, Soundwave. What's its name?" Megatron inquired.

"I am Laserbeak," The new predacon replied, bowing down to Megatron on one knee. "Servant of the almighty one known as Emperor Grogar, lord of the Predacons."

Not impressed, Megatron stepped down from the throne room and grabbed Laserbeak by the throat with his dragon head. Raising him up, Megatron pulled Laserbeak towards him, "Remember this and remember it well, Laserbeak," He warned. "Grogar may rule over the Predacons, but I rule over this kingdom. And one day I will rule over the Predacons once again, yes."

Releasing his grip, Megatron dropped Laserbeak onto the floor and turned over to Soundwave. "Has he sent us any newer recruits?" Megatron asked.

"Negative," Soundwave replied. "The spirits of our departed comrades are hard to come by."

It was then that Megatron began to get himself an idea. He needed more recruits for his growing forces in order to prove himself to Grogar. And he rose from the throne.

"My lord?" Soundwave questioned. "What is our next move?"

"Grogar wants me to prove that I am capable of running this kingdom that he gave me," Megatron thought to himself, pacing back and forth in front of Soundwave and Laserbeak. "If I do, then I get more soldiers to serve me. It's as simple as that."

"My lord?" Soundwave asked again, causing Megatron to stop what he was doing. "Laserbeak was the only…"

"Silence!" Megatron interrupted, turning to Soundwave sharply. "I just had an idea. Grogar wishes for me to prove to him continuously that I am capable of running this kingdom, does he? Well, I will prove to him that I am indeed capable of doing so, yes," He then turned to Laserbeak. "Can you prove yourself to be a capable flyer?"

"I can." The condor Predacon answered.

"Then I want you to test your abilities on our enemies: the Maximals and their equine allies who are the inhabitants of this strange land. Can you do that?" Megatron asked.

Acknowledging, the condor Predacon bowed to Megatron.

"Good, now go and patrol the boundaries of this kingdom!" Megatron commanded. "If you see anyone cross into our territory uninvited, destroy them. Understood?" When Laserbeak nodded Megatron smiled. "Good, now go."

Transforming into his beast mode, Laserbeak flew out to carry out Megatron's commands.

"Grogar will want you to report to him any developments." Soundwave cautioned as Megatron sat down on his throne.

"Of course he does, Soundwave," Megatron groaned. "With half of my Predacons here in this kingdom and the other half on the moon, it seems like he's using me like a puppet on a string. He gave me this kingdom, but he wants me to continue serving him," Letting out a loud groan, Megatron reverted into his dragon mode and fired a blast of dragon fire into the ceiling. "Well, no matter," He whispered, taking to the air. "Either way, I will not only prove to him that I cannot be controlled, but I can instill fear just as much as Grogar himself. Leave me at once, Soundwave."

Doing as he was told, Soundwave turned to leave the throne room as Megatron flew through the hole of the roof he had caused.

At Wonderbolt Headquarters, Spitfire and Soarin were in Spitfire's office as they went over reports of a strange beam of light streaking across the early morning sky.

A few moments later, Sky Stinger and Vapor Trail came into the office in their Wonderbolt uniforms.

"You summoned us, ma'am?" Vapor Trail panted while wiping her face with a wing. "Sorry if we rushed, we…"

"-At ease, Vapor Trail," Spitfire interrupted, putting down the reports. "I summoned you both in here this morning because of this report. It's urgent/" Taking the report, she showed it off to the temporary Wonderbolts who studied it carefully.

"A streak of light?" Sky Stinger wondered. "What does that mean? A comet, a meteor?"

"We aren't sure, Sky Stinger," Soarin replied. "We can't jump to conclusions until we complete a full investigation. It's our belief that more of these so-called 'predacons' are coming to Equestria from the moon."

"How many of these is Grogar going to keep sending?" Vapor Trail asked, nervously catching Spitfire's eye.

"Not sure, Vapor Trail," Spitfire answered, getting up from her desk and going over towards a map of Equestria. "However, I can't be certain until one of us investigates where the streak went. According to the latest reports, the streaks appeared to be going over towards the Distant Lands, where King Vorak's kingdom used to stand."

"Um, no offense, ma'am," Sky Stinger interrupted. "But the kingdom still stands and…" But a raising of Spitfire's eyebrow silenced the cocky and know-it-all pegasus.

"-Anyways," Spitfire continued. "I need you two to go and investigate the developments surrounding the Predacons at Vork's former kingdom, seeing as you're the most readily available at the moment. Report back to me on your findings, is that understood?"

"Yes ma'am!" Sky Stinger and Vapor Trail both replied, saluting her and Soarin.

"Good, now go at once!" Spitfire ordered. "Don't let anything stop you!"

But no sooner did the two leave her office than did Spitfire notice something was off about one of the new temporary Wonderbolts.

"Hey Soarin," Spitfire asked her second-in-command. "Did you notice something 'different' about Vapor Trail?"

"What do you mean, boss?" Soarin pondered.

"I mean, she seemed really nervous," Spitfire sighed, sitting back down at her desk. "And not just today. This has been going on for a while now."

"Now that you mention it, I have seen Vapor Trail acting a bit unusual from time to time," Soarin commented, looking at a picture of Sky Stinger and Vapor Trail on Spitfire's desk shortly after the two had been sworn in as Wonderbolts. "Vapor seems to always be anxious about something. What do you think it could be?"

Immediately, Spitfire began to think of one of her own that might be able to help Vapor Trail out.

Meanwhile, Sky Stinger and Vapor Trail were flying towards the Distant Lands to investigate what was going on with the Predacons.

As they flew, Sky Stinger also couldn't help but notice the anxieties that his best friend was displaying beneath her Wonderbolt uniform. "You see anything, Vapor?" He asked, deciding it best not to bring up the anxieties for the time being. "Any tree damage from the streaks?"

"Mild damage," Vapor replied in a loud voice, looking down at the tree damage. "But the streaks aren't as bad as the report was making it out to be. That's a good thing."

Again, Sky Stinger could detect further anxiety in Vapor's voice, but decided to stay focused on the task at hoof. "We're coming up on Vorak's kingdom now," He declared as they left the forest behind and flew over the mountain ranges. "Damage doesn't look too bad here."

At the same time, Laserbeak was circling around the kingdom using his red laser eyes to detect any intrusion. Suddenly, he began to pick up a pair of signals. "Intruders!" He whispered in a loud voice, detecting the presence of Sky Stinger and Vapor Trail. Screeching loudly, he began to fly at a fast pace towards them.

Hearing the screeches, both Sky Stinger and Vapor Trail stopped flying and began scanning around for the source of the screeches.

"What's that?!" Vapor Trail cried! "Sky, what is that noise?!" Frantically looking around, Vapor attempted to try and find the source as quickly as she could.

Sensing his wing pony's anxieties getting the better of her, Sky Stinger tried to find the source of the disturbance, shortly before he was blindsided by a laser beam that struck him in the side!

"SKY!" Vapor Trail screamed at the top of her lungs as she saw something large and metallic firing laser beams from its eyes.

Rebounding, Sky flew towards the object and taking his front foreleg, punched it hard in the chest.

Brushing it off, the thing stuck out its metal talons and attempted to strike Sky Stinger with them. "Vapor, help me! Make this overgrown rust bucket buzz off!" Sky cried!

Vapor attempted to fight, headbutting the metallic creature in the back. But it again brushed it off as it turned all of its attention towards Vapor Trail. Snarling, it placed its talons into Vapor's back, causing her to scream loudly in pain!

"NO, VAPOR!" Sky gasped in horror as he tried to fly to his wingpony's rescue! But he was too late as Laserbeak simply used his talons to throw Vapor Trail into the side of a mountain!

Sky became enraged upon seeing this! "Hey, birdbrain!" Sky Stinger yelled, catching Laserbeak's attention. "Why don't you pick on somepony your own size?!"

Insulted, Laserbeak screeched loudly again. "Laserbeak, terrorize!" Transforming into robot mode, Laserbeak flew towards Sky Stinger in a burst of speed, throwing punches and kicks at the young pegasus stallion.

Reacting fast, Sky Stinger threw several punches and kicks back at Laserbeak, but the newly recruited Predacon merely deflected the hits.

Firing a red laser beam from his chest, Laserbeak attempted to strike down Sky Stinger but the crafty Wonderbolt managed to dodge out of the way and attempted to punch and kick at the Predacon condor.

Suddenly, before he could strike back, Laserbeak began to feel a surge flow through his body and blue electronic waves began to circulate around him. Sensing this, he reverted back into beast mode and retreated.

"Hey, come back here you mechanical monster!" Sky Stinger shouted! "I'm not done with you yet, birdbrain!" But the Predacon was gone before Sky had much of a chance to give chase.

With Laserbeak gone, Sky flew down towards Vapor Trail at the side of the mountain and was horrified at what he saw! His wingpony and best friend was shaking like a leaf, sobbing profusely. Her body was covered in cuts from Laserbeak's talons. She'd been badly battered, and worse was to come.

"Vapor?" Sky asked, trying to touch Vapor, only for her to slap him away with her wing. "Vapor, we've got to get back to headquarters, now!"

"Go away!" Vapor Trail sobbed in a hushed voice. "Leave me alone!"

"Vapor, we can't stay here!" Sky Stinger protested. "You need help! You're bleeding and need medical attention!"

"No I don't!" Vapor Trail screamed with her tear-filled eyes glaring at Sky Stinger. "Go away, Sky! Just leave me here! Forget about me, save yourself!"

Right away, Sky realized that his best friend was suffering a panic attack. The attack from Laserbeak had caused a considerable amount of damage to her fragile psyche. "Vapor," He sighed as he flew down and landed beside his friend. "Vapor, it's okay. I'm here for you."

But Vapor only continued to look away from her friend, growing more and more terrified by the minute. "Sky!" She cried, before throwing herself into Sky Stinger's forelegs. "I'm scared! I'm really, really scared!"

"I know you're scared, Vapor," Sky whispered while stroking her mane with his hoof. "I know you are. I won't leave you, but we have to get out of here before it's too late."

Just then cold winds began to blow across the mountains, making it clear that the longer the pegasi stayed, the more at risk Vapor would become. Yet for a full hour, Vapor Trail continued to sob in Sky Stinger's chest as he tended to her wounds as best he could. And as she continued to cry, rain began to fall on them.

Suddenly, above the wind and the rain the two heard a voice shouting out to them. "SKY STINGER! VAPOR TRAIL!"

Looking up at the sky, Sky saw a series of flares flying over their location and emerging through the clouds was Spitfire and the other Wonderbolts, along with Silverbolt and Tigerhawk, all of whom flew down to the two downed Wonderbolts.

"We need to get you out of here, you're lucky to still be alive." Silverbolt declared, extending his hands out to Sky Stinger.

"Help her," Sky pleaded. "Help Vapor Trail. She's in bad shape. I treated her a little but I don't think she'll last much longer if she doesn't get medical attention right away."

Yet even with the arrival of the two Maximals, Vapor Trail was still too scared to be moved. She continued to shake like a leaf as Tigerhawk gently picked her up.

"Vapor, it's okay, they're here to help us." Sky consoled as Vapor continued to cry in fear.

Leaving the mountains, all retreated back to Wonderbolt Headquarters.

Upon arrival, Vapor Trail was immediately placed in the medical ward to be treated for her injuries while Sky was questioned by Spitfire on what had happened.

"So, we believe that the trail did come from the comet," Sky Stinger explained to Spitfire and the other Wonderbolts. "And that comet was for a condor that transformed into some kind of two legged creature."

"That's what Predacons do, Sky," Spitfire sighed. "They transform from a beast into a different sort of creature. Tell me, what was this creature's name?"

"He called himself…Laserbeak," Sky Stinger answered. "One moment he was a condor and the next…he was that strange, two-legged creature. He first attacked me but then he…he did the most damage to Vapor Trail."

"I can see that," Spitfire sighed, taking off her sunglasses and rubbing her eyes with her wing. "Which reminds me, Sky Stinger. Did Vapor Trail ever reveal to you any anxieties at all?"

"What do you mean?" Sky Stinger questioned.

"I mean, have there been any moments where her anxieties have gotten the best of her, before now?" Spitfire inquired. "Any panic attacks or nervous breakdowns of any sort."

"Nothing that I was aware of, no," Sky Stinger answered, taking slightly aback at the question. "Vapor has always been the quiet one out of our friendship, but…"

Immediately, Spitfire and Soarin began to sense that both Sky and Vapor were harboring something personal.

"I've…I've never seen her like this before," Sky went on. "Seeing her scared like that, it made me feel…helpless up on that mountain."

"Look Sky Stinger," Spitfire sighed while walking towards the stallion. "I'm not a doctor, but it seems to me that your friend might be having some kind of insecurities that she's been keeping from you."

"Why do you say that?" Sky Stinger asked before suddenly realizing what was probably going through Vapor's mind. "You don't mean…"

Just then, the door opened and in stepped Rainbow Dash who hastily removed her flight goggles.

"How is she, Rainbow Dash?" Sky Stinger asked the princess of loyalty in a panicked voice. "She's okay, right?! Please, tell me she's okay! If she's not I… I don't know what I'll do"

"She's resting comfortably now," Rainbow Dash said to Sky Stinger as she sighed. "But the doctors had to sedate her because she was so scared."

Immediately, Sky Stinger began to feel mortified about his best friend's condition.

"Vapor's got a lot of cuts and bruises which will heal," Rainbow continued. "But her mentality…"

The swishing of Rainbow Dash's head made Sky Stinger assume the worst case scenario as he ran out of Spitfire's office, leaving Spitfire, Soarin and Rainbow Dash alone in shock and silence.

Running to the medical ward, Sky Stinger could only imagine what was about to happen.! He feared that the psychological damage to Vapor Trail would be damaging to the point that her dream as a temporary full fledged Wonderbolt would end! Running inside, he came to a screeching halt when he noticed all of the beds had no barriers except for one. "Vapor?" he whispered, slowly walking into the ward and passing by both beds that housed injured ponies and those that were empty.

Finally, stepping around the barrier, Sky saw his best friend, lying on her side with an IV stuck into her right foreleg. At that moment, Sky felt his legs turn to water and his heart sink. His best friend, the mare who had stayed by his side from their days as young foals, now lay clinging to life in a hospital bed. "Vapor…"

Dropping to his knees, Sky placed his forelegs on the edge of Vapor's bed, gently rubbing them. "Vapor," Sky cried, tears forming in the corners of his eyes. Just then, he heard the sounds of hoofbeats coming towards the bed. "Vapor, I'm sorry. I'm sorry you had to go through this. It should've been me who took the harshest blow, not you!"

Feeling a hoof on his shoulder, Sky turned to see Rainbow Dash looking down at him with sympathetic eyes. "Rainbow Dash, what am I going to do?" He pleaded. "Without Vapor I'm nothing! There's no point going on if she can't."

"Sky," Rainbow Dash sighed, finding herself in the difficult position of comforting yet another Wonderbolt in a time of personal struggle. "She's going to be okay, I promise. But Spitfire, Soarin and I were talking things out and…"

Right away, Sky began to fear what Rainbow was going to say to him. "Don't say it. Please don't say it! I beg of you!"

"Sky, I think that Vapor Trail might not be mentally fit to be a Wonderbolt right now. Not in the state she's in." Rainbow explained much to Sky Stinger's horror. He didn't want to believe the fact that Vapor Trail, his best friend, would have to surrender her dream of being a Wonderbolt.

"You're…you're lying!" Sky Stinger accused in anger! "She wanted to be a Wonderbolt just like you guys! How could you say that to one of your own?!"

"Because I've experienced firsthoof, Sky," Rainbow Dash replied in a firm voice. "I saw it with Princess Twilight after the Legion of Doom's attack on Equestria, I saw it with Spitfire when her mom ended up in the hospital, I saw it with Fleetfoot when her smoking problem got out of hoof and I'm seeing it again here! Vapor needs to put her mental health first and foremost! If it means taking a leave of absence from her Wonderbolt duties, so be it. I don't like the idea any more than you do, but it's for the best."

Immediately, red flags were going off in Sky's mind. He didn't want to believe the fact that Vapor would have to drop out of the Wonderbolts because of this one little incident. "You don't understand, this was her dream! She shouldn't have to give up her dream because of what happened," Sky Stinger protested. "I…I can't let her give up her dream. I just can't! She worked so hard to get into the academy alongside me."

"Well, maybe you need to think about the true reason for why she wanted to join in the first place," Soarin suggested. "It wasn't necessarily because she wanted to be an amazing flyer."

"Yeah," Rainbow added. "Out of the two of you, you were the better flyer by a long shot. She wanted to give you support so that you could live out your dream. Being in the Wonderbolts alongside you was all that mattered to her, simply so she could be close to you and continue to support you as needed."

But Sky Stinger was only growing more and more confused. "She did it out because we're close friends, Rainbow Dash!" He protested. "I would do the same for her if our roles were switched. And if it were me laying in that bed all shaken up right now, I know she wouldn't give up on me so I won't give up on her!"

"Crash may be more right than she knows," Spitfire pointed. "All of us agree that Vapor may need a little more time to be a full fledged Wonderbolt. Time to get her mental issues under control before they control her. But I think this goes beyond just that. I think…Vapor might be hiding her true intentions and feelings from you."

A few moments later, Vapor began to slowly open her eyes and this gave Rainbow Dash, Soarin and Spitfire the signal to leave the two temporary Wonderbolts alone.

"Sky…?" Vapor weakly asked looking up at the stallion. "Where…?"

"-You're in the medical ward now, Vapor," Sky whispered. "You're out of harm's way now."

Slowly coming to, Vapor began to feel several sharp pains in her body for the first time, including the IV in her foreleg. "Sky, sorry if…" Vapor started to say before wincing in pain. "If…"

"-Don't be sorry, Vapor," Sky interrupted again. "We…we were in a tough situation and had to defend ourselves."

"How could…how could I just cower like that, Sky? Wonderbolts don't chicken out." Vapor weakly replied in shame.

Right away, Sky could only imagine what was going through both his mind as well as Vapor's. He was dealing with feelings that neither he or Vapor had ever felt before. "Vapor, I…" Sky started to say. "I think that Spitfire and Rainbow Dash believe that you…you, you only joined the Wonderbolts because…"

Closing her eyes, Vapor Trail sighed deeply, looking away from Sky briefly in shame and disbelief. "Sky, I want to confess something to you, something I should've told you much sooner," Vapor whispered. "I…I really only joined the Wonderbolts, because…"

But Sky shushed Vapor before she could finish her sentence, already picking up what was on her mind. "I think I know the answer to that," He smiled, bending himself down to Vapor and kissing her on the cheek. "I love you, Vapor Trail."

"I love you too, Sky Stinger. And I'm still proud to be your wingpony." Vapor whispered back as Rainbow Dash and her fellow Wonderbolts looked on from a short distance away, grateful to hear that Sky Stinger and Vapor Trail had aired out the true reason for joining the Wonderbolts to begin with…their love for each other.

Back at Vorak's kingdom, Megatron sat on his throne in his throne room and produced a sinister smile on his face while looking down at Laserbeak. "Well done, Laserbeak," He remarked. "From what I heard, your ability to battle these equines will make you a valued warrior within my ranks."

"Of course, Megatron," Laserbeak smiled. "Those winged creatures never stood a chance against me."

"Yes, and to add to your accomplishments, you broke the spirit of one of them," Megatron chuckled. "If only I could get all my Predacons to have the same feeling as you do."

Just then, Soundwave entered the throne room as he bowed to Megatron.

"Ah, my dear Soundwave," Megatron smiled. "Laserbeak was just informing me of his accomplishments in dealing with two of those pesky winged equines. What do you think? He shall make a fine asset to our happy family, yes."

"Indeed," Soundwave nodded. "But ultimately, Grogar will be the one to decide whether he remains here or not."

This caused Megatron to drop his happy persona as he was reminded of how much control Grogar had.

"Blast that blasted ram!" Megatron grunted, slamming his fist down on the throne. "He needs to be dealt with and fast! No one rules over the Predacons but me! But how do I dispose of him?"

Little did Megatron know at that very moment, Grogar was watching and listening to Megatron through the ram's crystal ball from his palace up on the moon. "He dares to plot against me, does he?!" He thundered, storming away from the crystal ball while loudly stomping a hoof on his floor. "Well, we shall see about that! I will tolerate no defiance!"

A few moments later, Lieutenant Bray stepped into the throne room and bowed down to Grogar. "You called, my emperor?"

"Yes, Lieutenant," Grogar answered. "Bring me Lockdown!"

"At once, my emperor." Doing as he was told, Lieutenant Bray went to retrieve the Predacon Bounty Hunter.

A few moments later, Lieutenant Bray returned with Lockdown in tow as the Tyrannosaurus Rex transformed from beast to robot mode.

"Lockdown," Grogar spoke as Lockdown bowed to him. "It has occured to me that Megatron is plotting to overthrow me. I cannot allow that."

"What do you wish of me to do, my emperor?" Lockdown nervously asked.

"I want you to pay him a visit and give him a warning," Grogar explained, tapping into the powers of his bewitching bell. "That I have a way of dealing with backstabbing servants and their allies. Go at once! And do not fail me!"

"As you command, my emperor." Lockdown replied and Grogar sent Lockdown away, once again finding himself at the edge of Vorak's former kingdom.

Dropping his Lockdown disguise, Discord couldn't help but sense that Grogar was beginning to see through his ruse and began to develop a fear of what would happen if he were to be discovered spying for Equestria! "I don't know how much longer I can keep him in the dark," Discord thought to himself. "I just hope I can find a way to escape if he finds me out."

PreviousChapters Next