• Published 28th Aug 2020
  • 1,875 Views, 128 Comments

MoonRacer: The land of misfits. - NicLove



how would the story have been different if the mane 6 wereN'T 100% ponies

  • ...
3
 128
 1,875

Chapter 5: what the lightHeart wants

As they opened the door, they saw Tomato waiting for them. “Oh… I didn’t know you’d be bringing a friend…”


Light nodded nervously. “Yeah. I... I thought, you know, she also has a horn, and wings!” he said while pointing them out on Twilight’s body. “That... you know, she should join us,” he said, finishing with a smile.


“Well… dragon unicorns are rare, and they say that Kirouac was in our group, so I think we can let her in,” Tomato said with a nod. “Come on in.”


Both Light Heart and Twilight nodded nervously before following Tomato into the room.


In the room they could see a large brown stallion with white blushes on his chest and ear, with a grass like mane on his head. A copper-red teenage filly with underdeveloped wings and a baby horn poking out of her yellow mane that had a large green streak in the center. Tomato, with her leather jacket and sunglasses. And the last one, an orange little colt with a short red and white mane, wearing a shirt that had no holes for his wings.


There were two open seats, one that had a paper tag with Light Heart’s name one it, while the other said Dandelion.


The largest one got up. “Oh.. hello, I’m Farmer,” he said, shaking both of their hooves. “Let me get a chair for you,” he said before walking off, and grabbing a chair with his mouth.


“Oh… is there no magic allowed in here?” Twilight asked.


The copper mare shooked her head. “Don’t mind Farmer, he prefers doing everything the ’earth-pony’ way,” she said in a mocking tone.


Farmer placed the chair down. “Well I’m sorry if some don’t feel the need to exert magic to do something that can easily be done by every physically-capable citizen,” he replied with some snark.


“At least both of your parents are capable and willing to teach you how to use magic and how to fly,” the orange colt told before of them, still feeling uncomfortable in this shirt.


Light and Twilight winced at the colt. “Well, I didn’t get to spend a lot of time with my dad growing up, so I’m not much of a flyer,” Twilight admitted, wanting to make him feel more comfortable.


Light looked at the colt’s shirt rather curiously. “I used to hide my wings too. I used a jacket and got some rather nasty rashes.”


“You used a cotton one, didn’t you? Those things always brush against the feathers in a bad way,” Farmer said with a small smile.


“I’m not hiding my wings,” the little colt said with a hint of sadness. “It’s just my dad's old shirt, and they both don’t think I need to learn how to fly,” he said before taking the shirt off, exposing his uncapped feathers.


“Oh… I wouldn’t mind joining that boat,” Light admitted bashfully as he sat down.


The copper colored mare looked at Light. “And hold back progress!?” she asked him.


“And not fall…” Light whispered to himself as Twilight tried to explain.


“He’s been afraid of heights ever since he saw a wonderbolt show as a kid.”


“Oh! So you saw my mother perform?” the large brown stallion asked.


“Um… which one was she?” Light asked curiously.


“ThunderCloud,” he said while showing off his darker coat. “She would have stuck out a bit,” he pointed out.


Light rubbed his head as he tried to remember. “I don’t know… I was only a few years old at the time,” Light admitted.


“Mhm... well she’s now retired,” he explained. “Now she helps take care of the weather here.”


“Ah, well, my name is Twilight Sparkle, and you already heard about Light. What are your names?” Twilight asked curiously.


The copper colored mare, with the small wings and horn walked up to them. “I’m Cotton, CottonRose Dress!” she said while examining how Twilight’s dragon and pony features blended together.


“I’m Farmer!” the large brown stallion said.


“Whatever you say, Sparkle Sky,” Cotton said back with a teasing smirk.


“Sparkle Sky?” Twilight asked in confusion. Farmer looked annoyed.


“It’s what his parents called him at his birth,” the small orange colt said while getting up. “I’m named Solid Ground.”


“Nice to meet you all,” Light tried to complement them, still feeling rather awkward.


“Please take a seat,” Tomato said. “Oh, and I’m Tomato by the way,” the tomato-red filly said.


“Yeah, we heard about you a little, mostly your name,” Twilight said with a nod as she sat down on the seat Farmer got her.


“Well my mothers are well known here,” Tomato said with a side smirk before flipping her leather jacket up.


Light eyes widened as he had to ask himself a big question. “Mothers? Like the seven mothers that I heard about?”


Tomato nodded. “Yes, the Pizza family is well known for their work,” she said proudly.


“Yeah…” Twilight said with a blush as she tried to figure out which work she was talking about.


“What do your parents do for a living?” Farmer asked them. “Oh, and which one is the unicorn and pegasus?”


“Well, my unicorn dad is… sorta a retired security guard, and my pegasus mom is a teacher,” Light explained, wanting to seem somewhat normal.


“Oh, what subject?” Farmer asked. “My dad is the current magic teacher.”


“It’s rather general since there are only a couple of teachers in Ponyville,” Light admitted.


“Mhm... must have been interesting,” Cotton said. “My unicorn mom is the flower shop owner, while my “mapa” is the lead weather manager.”


“Mapa?” Twilight asked in confusion, not being familiar with the term.


Tomato nodded. “Yes, it’s the prefered name used for the mare that is the ’father’, if you know what I mean,” she said. “And... you all know what the Pizza Family does for a living!”


“Um… Pizza?” Light asked, wanting to be sure.


“What...” Tomato said in a joking voice. “What would make you think that? We’re a family of mechanics!” she said, trying to hold back her laughter.


Light looked a little nervous as he sunk into his seat. “Sorry…”


Tomato busted out laughing. “Dude, it’s a joke,” she said while rolling on the floor laughing


“Oh… sorry…” Light said in embarrassment. Everyone in the group looked at Tomato with anger.


“Hey, it’s alright. Light just didn’t know she was kidding. He had a similar problem with Flash today,” Twilight said as she tried to calm the group down.


“Speaking of which,” Tomato started. “Do you have the same thing as him?” she asked while tapping her skull.


“N… no… I’m not autistic,” Twilight tried to explain, not wanting to make Light feel any more awkward.


“I was talking to the one on the ground,” Tomato said before turning to Light.


“Oh, yeah, he’s autistic,” Twilight said with a nod.


Solid Ground went to Light to pet him


“I… I’m fine… I’m just trying to get used to how ponies receive humor around here,” Light explained.


“He also had a rough day,” Twilight added.


“I can understand,” Cotton said. “Moving is hard.”


“Having several emotional breakdowns and having a shower head fall off right in front of you also puts a damper on things,” Twilight said as Light was starting to calm down.


Solid Ground looked nervous. “Do you want a cookie?” he asked Light.


Light nodded. “As long as it isn’t a raisin cookie.”


“Oh, of course not,” Solid Ground said while sticking his tongue out. “Those are the worst.”


“They are like impersonators,” Light said with a small shudder.


“You think you’re going to bite down into a chocolate one, but no, it’s raisin.”


“See? You are already getting along,” Twilight said happily.


Cotton nodded, before jumping off of her chair, and tried to fly to them, her wings having to buzz in rapid succession to even manage to glide to them.


“So… how does the horn and wings work for you?” Twilight asked while trying to help Cotton.


“What do you mean?” Cotton asked while tilting her head to the side.


“Well… they seem rather… small…” Twilight said cautiously, not wanting to offend her.


Cotton looked at her back. “Ah yes, they aren’t fully developed. But I’m working on it,” she told her. “I just need to extract a bit of DNA from my coltfriend, then I can make it!” she said with a smile.


“Extract some what?” Light asked in shock.


Cotton turned to Light. “Have you met the colt that wears a skirt, and a jean jacket?” she asked him.


“Yeah, the race shifter,” Light said with a nod.


Cotton nodded. “Yes, If I can reverse engineer his DNA I can find a way to make my wings and horn be fully grown,” she said with a smile. “Or at the least be either one or the other.”


“Oh… Nice…” Light said as he nervously shifted away from her.


“Do you have siblings?” Cotton asked the 2 new members.


“One brother who somehow got lucky and had no physical traits,” Twilight said with a small sigh, thinking about Shining again.


“Two brothers, three sisters. Three of them are pegasi, and the rest are unicorns,” Light said with a nod.


“Well just imagine,” Cotton started with a wicked grin. “Your brother could finally breathe fire, and you could... Be a... unicorn!?” she said before turning to Light. “And you!” she said with bravado. “Have any of your pegasus siblings ever wanted to do magic, or grab something that was far away without getting up? How about when you all want to go on vacation, but couldn't go to Cloudsdale because your unicorn siblings can’t walk on clouds,” she asked him. “I could unlock their unexposed DNA, give each and every one of them a horn and a pair of wings. And maybe put a bit of pegasus DNA in your dad, just enough to make him able to walk on clouds, but.. You would have to carry him and fly him there,” she said.

“Well, my little brother always liked explosive magic, but giving it to him may cause more trouble than my parents would want,” Light said as he actually had to think about it.

“And it does sound like there is an element of risk. DNA is a tricky thing to mess with, and if it’s done wrong it can cause problems for any offspring,” Twilight said as she thought about the possibility of mixing genes. “Of course, there is a lot of potential for this, even though my brother can technically breathe fire. He just doesn’t allow his dragon side to show.”

“We are all living proof that it can work,” Cotton said with a bit of dismissal. “Just look at Kirouac!”

“Yeah, but to make a pegasus with unicorn DNA grow a horn would require some magical excellerants to help shift the body into its new form,” Twilight pointed out as she got out a notebook. “Theoretically, such an ability to shift the genetic structure in ponies could allow somepony like me to look like a normal unicorn,” she said as her interest started to peak.

“It takes 9 months to make the full body of a baby,” Cotton said. “Obviously at the start we couldn’t do that as fast as Speed. And... you may have lined marks on your front hooves where your hooves fused together. And maybe two small marks on your back, where your wings would have once been. We can work on it if you want,” she asked with a smile.

Twilight had a small smile on her face as she started to think about what it would be like to be able to go around Canterlot as a normal pony. “I wouldn’t miss a research project like this for the world.”


Cotton hugged Twilight.


“Aaaand... great! They each got the other started,” Solid Ground told Light.


“I think they are doing it for two different reasons,” Light said, not liking where this was going.


“Does that really matter?” Solid asked.


“Now where were we?” Cotton asked. “Ah yes, parents!” she said.


“Well, my unicorn mom works in a bookstore… and I have no real clue what my dragon dad does,” Twilight admitted.


“And my dad is the basketball coach, while my mom is a baker,” Solid Ground said. “Both... earth-pony.”


“Well, it’s not the first time I’ve heard of earth ponies giving birth to other races,” Light admitted.


“Maybe so, but I doubt that your birth was as... annoying as mine,” said Solid Ground.


“Why do you say that?” Light asked, looking confused.


“What do you think happens when the doctor says an earth-pony mare gave birth to a pony with both a horn and a pair of wings?” Solid Ground asked him.


“Ask for a blood test?” Light asked with a shrug. “That’s what happened with the cake twins. The parents just had recessive genes.”


Solid shook his head. “So do both of my parents. The doctor started to kneel.”


“Did Celestia or a high grade unicorn have to come over and do the Harmonic sense spell on you?” Light asked curiously.


Solid looked confused. “W... my parents left before any more nonsense could be done,” he said with a chill in his back.


“Ouch… what happened then?” Light asked, now looking concerned for this pegacorn.


“Well, from what I can understand from what my parents told me, the whole town believed that I was a gift from heaven, and that I’m supposed to replace Celestia when I grow up. HA! They started to knock at my parents door, trying to break in their house to see me, and give me some offers…” Solid said that before covering his head with his wings. “Like my parents didn’t dislike wings and horns already.”


Light winced as he rubbed his wings. “It’s always rough when they think so much of you.”


“Yeah, I know.” Solid said, hating both his horn and wings. “My parents had to move away because of that, telling the town that they had a call from up above to go.” He shook his head.


“So… they took you here?” Twilight asked as she turned her attention to him.


Solid nodded. “Yes, here, where they know that Alicorns are nonsense,” he said before turning to the empty chair. “Well most do.”


“N… nonsense?” Light asked in confusion.


“Yes, nonsense!” Farmer said. “Just because we have a horn and a pair of wings, that doesn’t mean that we are better than the rest of them,” he said before turning to the empty chair as well, seeming to get angry at the thought of it.


“I… I know that… but… why do you keep looking at that seat?” Light asked with a hint of fear.


“Long ago we had another member,” Cotton started. “Her name was Dandelionnnn..."


“Innocent enough name, but you say it like it’s some kind of disease,” Twilight said as she started to look concerned.


"She believed that we were in fact Alicorns, that we are better than all of the rest, that they should kneel and worship us,” Cotton explained before looking at her small wings. “Ha!”


“That’s stupid!” Light exclaimed, not wanting to be worshiped in any way.


“She told my sisters that I shouldn't have to do any work, that they should be grateful to be in our presence, that we are better then, and that they should listen and obey me,” Tomato said in disgust. “I’m literally the youngest of my sisters!”


“That’s foolish! Alicorns don’t get instant promotions to royalty. The reason Cadence became royalty is because when she was taken in she had been taught how to rule a nation fairly,” Twilight explained, disgusted by the idea of somepony trying to take command like that. “So what happened to her?”


“She left, probably went to the town that my parents are from,” Solid said. “And... wait, what did you say about... Cadence?” he asked.


“Celestia taught me that no pony should be born into power, and that it comes from learning and earning the respect of the people. Rulers are servants to help others, not deities to be raised on high. No race should treat another pony like that,” Twilight said firmly, feeling angry at Dandelion.


“Yeah, yeah, that’s all good and fine, but what did you say that happened to Cadence?” Cotton asked.


“She was adopted after she became an alicorn. Celestia told me that she saw a loving heart in her, and believed that she could be the next great ruler since she came from nothing,” Twilight explained. “She also babysat me, Spike, and Light.”


“Be... came?” Cotton asked.


“Yeah. Alicorns aren’t born to my knowledge,” Twilight explained, almost ready to use Light’s testimony as a reference, but quickly deciding not to expose him.


“Y... you telling me that you know somepony they grow a pair of wings?” Cotton asked.


“Actually, she grew a horn,” Twilight explained.


Cotton instantly grabbed Twilight and pulled her up to her face. “I need to study her! ” She exclaimed. “I always knew that there were a bit of all 3 races in every one of us,” she said excitedly. “Now it’s not only limited to just half unicorn and half pegasus.”


“That’s… not how it works…” Light started to explain. “It’s not biological for alicorns. It’s more… magical…”


“How do you know?” Solid asked him.


“I… researched it… and I had an alicorn for a babysitter,” Light said, not lying, yet trying to keep his real race hidden.


“So... the legends are true, alicorns do exist, and... random ponies became them?” Farmer asked.


“Well… Celestia told us that it’s not random, and that it’s connected to who that pony is and who they will be… but we never learned more than that,” Light explained, looking away from the group to hide his discouragement.


“How would we know if you become one?” asked Tomato while wondering the differences they would see. “Do you think Kirouac is one?”


“I… I don’t know about Kirouac… but I was told that they… enter some kind of… void… I… I don’t know…” Light said as he didn’t want to talk more about it.


“Mhm...” Solid said. “Well I can assure you that none of us had been to ‘a void.”


“That’s the difference between alicorns and pegacorns. You… we were born this way. Alicorns are chosen,” Light explained before wincing. “And you don’t get a full explanation of why you are chosen.”


Cotton nodded. “That makes sense. Just hope that they can tell Dandelion from Celestia and Candents,” she said, now worried about that.


“It’s Cadence,” he explained, “and that’s what the Harmonic sense spell is for. It highlights your aura from the focus points, like the wings for a pegasus, a horn for a unicorn, and your hooves for an earth pony. Now, an alicorn is special since their whole body is connected with heightened magic, so the entire body glows,” Light explained, having experienced this spell himself.


“Cool, can you try it on me?” Cotton asked both of them.


“Well… okay. Celestia taught both of us the spell, so it should be easy,” Twilight said as her horn glowed as she gently touched Cotton’s head.


Cotton gasped as she felt her magic flow through her. “Wow...” She felt a tingling in her wings and horn.


The group watched as Cotton’s small horn and wings started glowing very softly, due to them being underdeveloped. “See? For me it would highlight my horn and mouth,” Twilight explained.


“What about your claws?” Cotton asked, liking the feeling.


“No, that would be on a griffon,” Twilight explained before thinking. “I haven’t seen any records about what happens on buffalo though… It may be worth experimenting.”


“Ok,” Cotton said while nodding, before turning her head. “Let’s try it out on Solid Ground!” she exclaimed.


“Sure thing,” Light said as he casted the spell on him.


Solid Ground twitched as he felt what Light was doing to him. “A… friend!”


Cotton went down onto her belly to look at Solid Ground’s hoof. “Mhm…?”


The group was surprised as there was a faint glimmer on his hooves. “I… didn’t see that coming.”


“Well... both of his parents are earth-ponies, so… you know!” Cotton said.


“Wow… this spell is a lot more useful than I thought,” Twilight said as she started thinking about what this could do.


“Ok... thanks… but let’s see it on Light,” Solid Ground asked.


“Oh… no thanks. I’m not a fan of that spell,” Light said as he stopped the spell. “It… messes with my senses.”


“But I'd like to see it on an alicorn,” Solid asked nicely.


Light looked shocked as he backed away from them. “W… what?”


“You can stop the act, we all can figure out that you weren't born with your wings,” Cotton told him before turning to look at the others and getting a nod.


“H… how?” Twilight asked in confusion.


“Let’s see... Where to start,” Cotton said while thinking about it.


“The awkward way you sit on your chair, you talking about a fear of flying in spite of your wings, how you reacted to Dandelion, and how you know so much about alicorns,” Farmer explained.


“Oh… I… um…” Light started to back away, afraid of how they were going to treat him.


“So… can we see how it looked on an alicorn!? Please, or !” Cotton asked nicely. “It would help a lot in understanding how alicorn genetics work.”


The rest of the group nodded, all seeming to be calm.


Light sighed as he lowered his head. “Fine… do it Twilight.


Twilight begrudgingly casted the spell, making Light's whole body start to glow. “Happy?” she asked, a bit angry at them for making Light have to go through this.


Light sighed disheartedly. “There… I’m the biggest freak in MoonRacer. Happy now?”


“No... that would be a tie with the pegasus with two sets of wings, and the unicorn with two horns,” Cotton said while looking at the glowing Light Heart. “Not on either side of his head, they are vertical on the center of his head,” she explained.


“Remind me to see that,” Twilight said silently.


As Twilight kept holding the spell, Light felt this extra magic starting to cause his skin to burn in pain, making Light wince as he was trying to hide his tears.


Solid saw the pain that spell was causing Light, begged Twilight to stop before going to Light to help him. “Oh... sorry, I thought you were just saying that so that you wouldn’t be found out. I.. I’m sorry,” he said, legitimately feeling completely bad.


“Forget it… you’d find out anyways. I’m just going to get out of your manes,” Light said as he started to walk to the door.


“No... stop,” Solid pleaded. “D... don’t go,” he said while lowering his head. “I.. I’m sorry.”


“We are all sorry,” the group told both of their guests in unison.


“Why? You all have your opinion about alicorns. I’m just a freak teddy bear alicorn who doesn’t know what his destiny is,” Light explained disheartened.


“We... we didn’t know,” Solid admitted in shame.

“We all thought it was just legends and myths.” Farmer told him.

Solid went to Light, he wanted to put one of his wings on his back, but stopped himself.


“I… I would trade my alicornisim with any of you in a heartbeat. None of you can know the unrealistic expectations that are hurdled onto my back, or not being smart enough to live up to them,” Light said as he wiped his eyes off. “I don’t know a tenth of the spells Twilight does, which is five times the amount most ponies her age knows. I’m… just tired of this… whole alicorn thing. I just want to be a unicorn again.”


Solid hugged Light, knowing from his parents what could have been if they had stayed in their hometown. Cotton joined their hug, feeling bad for her blindness because she wanted to turn everyone into a super strong pegacorn. Tomato joined in the hug as well, regretting what she had told him at the start.


Farmer was the last to join their hug, knowing how it feels to not want some of his body parts, and just live his life as an earth-pony.


Twilight sighed as she petted Light’s head. “I’m sorry… I was hoping that I could make things easier for you, and keep you from having such a bad day.”


Tears were coming down the face of the pegacorns, all sad for causing problems to their new guest.


Light took a deep breath as he was trying to keep from crying. “It’s… It’s not your fault. I’m just… tired of always trying to find my place.”


Solid nodded. “I... I know.”


“I… I won’t bother you anymore…” Light sighed as he tried to walk away from the hug.


“N... No, you can stay,” Solid said. “Both of you can stay,” he told them, getting a nod from the rest of the group.


“Why? Why would any of you care?” Light asked in frustration.


“Call it guilt, shame or... I… We feel bad for what we did to you,” Solid said.


“I don’t care… I’ve had to deal with it for so long. The jealousy, the expectations, the… pain. You may think that alicornisim is a blessing, but it’s the biggest burden any pony can have,” Light said as he kept his head lowered.


“And you think that being born with underdeveloped horn and wings is?” Cotton asked him. “I lived most of my life hiding them from others, trying to pretend that I was just an earth-pony, just so they wouldn’t make fun of my weak parts.”


“Everyone expects me to follow in my parents' hoof-steps,” Farmer started. “Even before I was born, they were presuming that, ‘if he has a horn, he’ll be the magic teacher when you retire, or if he has wings, he’ll become part of the next wonderbolt team.’ I have both, and what I want to do with my life is just to be a farmer.”


“I just want to cook pizza with my family, and look cool while I do that,” Tomato said.


“I wish my parents would reconcile their jealousy with a sibling, and let them teach me how to fly and do magic,” Solid cried out.


Tomato sighed as she looked Light straight in the eyes. “We all have burdens to bear, and it’s easy to compare them. The reason for these groups is so we don’t have to bear them alone. It’s so we can share them with others who can understand their pain. We don’t understand each other yet, but give us a chance for your first social group,” she offered as she extended her hoof to him.


Light started to tear up, not knowing how much they were struggling to. “I… I’m so sorry!” Light exclaimed as he hugged Tomato tightly, making her realize how strong an alicorn can be.


“A.. well, we have a challenger for who is the strongest of our group,” Tomato said while trying to turn to look at Solid and Farmer.


“Um, let’s handle that another day, once we all get to know each other better,” Twilight suggested, remembering Light’s last fit of strength.


Tomato nodded. “If I can breathe another day.”


“It can’t be as tight as Pinkie’s hugs, but then again, those ones are faster,” Farmer mused.


“Pinkie is more cushioned,” Tomato pointed out.


“Good point,” Twilight said as she barely managed to separate them.


Tomato gasped. “Ahaaa… thanks,” she told Twilight.


“He’s just… very emotional at times,” Twilight explained with a blush. “So… we are allowed to join more than one group in each category, right? I’m just asking because Light may also be joining a second social group.”


“What other group would that be?” Solid asked. “I don’t think that there’s a group for.. Ponies that changed race?” he asked, hoping that he didn’t say anything wrong this time.


“No. Autistic ponies,” Light admitted as he was desperately trying to regain his composure.


“Oh... that,” Solid said. “Yeah, the... disabilities and other life challenges groups are after the rachal based ones,” he explained.


“Then gym, then educational. Of course, the pattern changes every day, and ponies with only one group in a category tend to get a free period when none of their groups meet that day,” Farmer explained.


Cotton nodded. “If you aren’t doing anything after the disabilities and other life challenges groups meet up today...” she asked Twilight with a blush. “We could work in my lab!?”


“I’d love to, but I have to help another friend of mine study tonight. Can we meet up tomorrow?” Twilight asked hopefully.


Cotton nodded. “I'm free at the same time, see you tomorrow!” she told Twilight with a smile.


“Okay…” Twilight suddenly heard the bell go off.


“I suppose that you have to go now, Light,” Solid asked.


“Yeah… what about the rest of you?” Light asked, looking rather nervous about leaving.


“Underdeveloped horn or wings. Or in my case, both,” said Cotton, with a bit of a smile. “Not to be confused or mistaken for the group for those with amputated limbs.”


“Going to hang out with some other, cool friend,” Tomato said while putting her shades on.


“Farmer is going to try to teach me how to fly and do some magic,” Solid said. “Maybe some other time… we could…?”


“I’d love to show you more about magic, but I can’t help with the flying. I probably know less than you do about that,” Twilight explained.


“Ok... but I was going to ask Light if he wanted me to teach him how to... At least fly over a chair,” Farmer asked.


“Well… Dash wanted to teach me, but I can join your lessons as well and get some extra practice,” Light suggested.


“Oof, maybe you should wait before taking her... advance lessons and class,” Farmer said.


Solid nodded. “She.. doesn’t slow down for anyone.”


“Ouch…” Light muttered as he rubbed his left wing. “And I’m already afraid of heights. This is going to be a nightmare.”


“I’ll try to teach you what I know,” Farmer promised. “If you want.” He reassured them with a small grin. “My mom is a wonderbolt.”


“I’ll take you up on that, just don’t tell Dash that I’m having two teachers, even though I’ll probably need twice the help,” Light said as he got his bag.


Farmer zipped his mouth. “Your secret's safe with me.”


Light gave a small smile before turning to Twilight. “I guess we should get going.”


“Agreed, and thank you all for letting us in,” Twilight said with a wave.


The whole group waved them away. “Bye!” they all said while Cotton followed them out.


Twilight sighed as she hugged Light with her wing. “All honesty, I don’t think there is another group for me to be in, and Spike may be in a group that I don’t know about, so it looks like we are all separated this time.”


“Oh. I’m sure you can find a… Book-Reader Anonymous,” Light joked.


Twilight rolled her eyes as a small grin formed on her face. “At least you’re joking again.”


Light blushed. “Yeah.”


“Hey, don’t be afraid. Your day is going to turn around, I promise,” Twilight tried to assure him.


Light nodded with a hint of worry. “I just need to find Flash.” He started to look around.


“Hey guys!” The two winged unicorns turned and saw Dash flying up to them. “Where are you two going?”


“Oh, hey Dash, we are looking for Flash,” Twilight said.


“You mean the autistic group? He’s down the next hall, two doors on the right,” Dash pointed out.


“Oh, thank you thank you,” Light said before running off to that room.


Dash looked rather surprised before turning to Twilight. “So, did you find a second social group to join?”


“Umm... not yet. Why?” Twilight asked.


“Well, I have a free period, so if you want to start helping me with my studying… or I can help you with flying,” Dash offered.


“Um... Studying studying!” Twilight said rapidly.


“I’m good with that, since I like staying in sports,” Dash said with a nod as she motioned for Twi to follow her. “Let’s go outside. It’s nice weather today.”


Twilight nodded before following Dash.


Light felt rather awkward as he walked up to the autistic group. He already had some bad blood with Flash, and now he had to be in the same group as him. He desperately wanted to avoid him, but there was still his promise. “Celestia, give me strength,” Light muttered to himself.


Light opened the door of the group and was confronted by the sight of Flash on the floor while a reddish slim buffalo, with 3 feathers in her mane, and a necklace around her neck made out of her baby-teeth, was jumping on him. “Surrender, I have won!”


Light’s eyes widened as he started to back away. “Um… I think I’m interrupting something. I’ll leave you be.” Light said as he started to close the door.


“Oh... um... No, I... I mean, Hello,” Flash said awkwardly, while getting up quickly.


“Oh! Who is this?” The buffalo asked as her attention shifted to Light.


“Oh... this is Light, Light Heart. He just moved here,” Flash explained.


Light nodded as he nervously waved. “Hi there. I’m not bothering you all… am I?”


“No, we were playing,” the slim buffalo said while jumping around the stallions. “Are you fun?” she asked Light.


“Is he fun, is he fun?” Flash said while getting down to the buffalo’s level. “He likes to make and fix toys,” he told her, wanting to have Light have a good relationship with her, and all of the other mares with AS.


Light nodded, still looking rather scared. “Yeah… and I specialize in stuffed animals. Do you have a favorite?”


“Oh, Foxes!” she said excitedly. “They’re sneaky, and tricky, and full of fun!”


“Oh, I think I made one recently,” Light said as he summoned a toy fox in front of the kid. “What do you think of this one?”


“Yay!” she yelled out, causing even Flash to wince, before hugging the toy. “I love it!”


Light gave a small smile as he looked at the kid. “Well, it’s all yours now.”


“Wow! Really, thanks Hert!” she accidentally called him while hugging the stuffed toy.


“You’re welcome,” Light said as he started to look around the room to see who all was in there.


There was a chubby zebra that was wearing big thick green glasses with a necklace of one 3rd of a circle, another one, older, that was yellow with pink stripes standing next to the yellow zebracorn with orange stripes knitting a pink scarf and a beautiful cyan blue unicorn mare with a red and orange silky mane.


‘Wow! Two zebras, a unicorn and a zebracorn.’ Light thought to himself as he slowly made his way inside the room.


Flash awkwardly and gingerly walked toward Light. “Hey…” he said.


“Oh… hey…” Light said back, neither of them knowing what to say.


Before ever one of them could say something else, the chubby zebra walked to them. “Hey, Flash, who’s your friend?” she asked while hiding behind his back legs, her necklace swinging on her neck.


Flash blushed. “Oh... Um... This is Light Heart,” he told her, hoping that Light would still want to be his friend.


“It’s nice to meet you, Light,” she said, timidly waving at him from behind Flash’s legs while hugging her necklace for comfort and security.


“It’s nice to meet you too,” Light replied, glad that there was somepony there as nervous as he was. “What’s your name?”


“W... why did FastFox run away from you?” she asked nervously.


Flash held back his laughter.


“Um… is that the buffalo that I gave the toy fox to?” Light asked, looking rather uncertain.


“No, that was the magenta pegasus with the white mane,” Flash said, still holding back his laughter.


The little zebra tilted her head at this.


“It was that buffalo,” Flash explained. “And this little zebra’s name is.” He turned to look down and behind himself. “Do you want to introduce yourself?” he asked her.


“I... I’m ShyStone, and I like to read, and...” she said, covering her face.


“Um… do you like stuffed animals too?” Light asked, wanting to make a good first impression.


She lifted her head up. “Umm.. yes!?” she asked the new pony.


“Really? What kind?” Light asked, hoping it was a type that he brought from Canterlot.

“Um.. ar.. Armadillos!” Stone told him.


“Oof... those are hard to make… but if memory serves me…” Light focused as he summoned an armadillo stuffed animal to her. “I made one a week before I left when I was learning about them in class.”


Stone turned her head to Flash. He nodded before taking the stuffed animal from Light and giving it to Stone.


“It’s all yours, and be sure to ask me for help if it ever needs fixing,” Light offered.


Stone nodded nervously while hugging the armadillo tightly, her necklace pressing onto it.


“What do we say?” Flash asked nicely.


“Th... thanks,” she said with a blush.


“You’re welcome,” Light said with a small smile, hoping that he was making a good first impression in front of the others.


The timid zebra started to slowly make her way in front of Flash, stopping when she was face to face with Light, then hugged his leg for a full second before letting go, and tried to scurry away.


Light blushed as he turned to Flash. “Well, they seem nice…”


Flash nodded. “If you want to ever... Babysit them, that would be nice...” he told him.


“Well… I’ve never babysat before, but that would be…” Light paused as he realized that it was Flash who was offering this. “Are… they your siblings?”


“Oh...” Flash turned around with a blush. “No... y... They are two orphans that have Asperger syndrome, so... I’m often asked to babysit them, since... You know, kinship.”


“I see… I guess I need to learn how to babysit kids as well then… to help you...” Light said as he didn’t want to offend Flash.


“Um... yeah,” Flash said. “Light, I’m... I’m sorry for yelling at you,” he blurted out.


“Yeah, and I’m still sorry for trying to be funny,” Light said as well, taking a deep breath before looking at Flash. “Look… maybe we can still try to be friends? If you are interested.”


Flash nodded with a smile, tears falling from his eyes and face. “Yes, yes,” he said, before hugging Light without warning. “But... promise me one thing, Light,” Flash asked him.


“W… what is that?” Light asked, shocked that he was being hugged tightly.


“Promise me that you will never stop being funny!” Flash asked in all seriousness.


“I… I’ll try…” Light said with a nod.


As Flash was calming down, the zebracorn was dragging the bigger zebra by the hoof, her pink scarf dragging on the ground.


“Oh… hi there,” Light said as he looked at the other adult and the kid. “May I help you?”


They stopped in front of Light. “Hello. Sorry, she saw you giving out stuffed animals to the other kids, and wanted to ask if she could have one,” the older zebra said, before turning to look at the little zebracorn.


“Oh, sure! What kind does she want?” Light asked as he started to feel more comfortable.


Her hooves were on either of her cheeks, blushing while she was nodding profusely with excitement. “I would like a SunFlower-kitten,” the little zebracorn said.


Light’s eyes widened as she requested a breed of kitten that he had never heard about before. “Um… w… what do those look like?”


“They're big, and they have sunflower petals all around their neck, surrounding their face,” she started to explain.


Light gulped as he realized that he may not have a stuffed animal like this. “Um… do you have a photo of one that I can look at?” Light asked, hoping that he may be able to make one in a day or two.


Flash leaned to Light’s ear before whispering. “Lion, male lion.”


“Oh! Now I remember!” Light said as he summoned the stuffed animal that he knew existed. “One of these, right?”


“Ya!” the little zebracorn jumped up and grabbed the stuffed lion with her magic.


Light smiled as he started to feel relieved that he was able to pull this off.


She looked at the lion, then frowned. “Her petals, they’re not pink!” she cried out.


“Wait… what?” Light asked as he looked shocked by this.


“Sunflower-Knot Dress!” the older zebra said. “It’s not nice to complain about a gift given to you,” she said before turning to Light. “I’m so, so sorry,” she apologized.


“I… It’s okay… Um… if you can write down how you want the toy to look and I can have it done in a couple of days,” Light offered, wanting to fix this.


“Yes, I want the petals around her face to be pink,” Sunflower said before giving the gift back to Light, still a bit hurt that she made her mom yell at her.


“Okay, it’s not something I’ve done before, but I’ll see what the fabric stores in town have,” Light said as he started to write down what she wanted in a small notebook.


“Yeah, thanks!” Sunflower said before hugging Light’s legs.


“You’re welcome, and I’ll try to have this fixed by our next session,” Light promised.


Sunflower let go of Light’s leg, before running off to where she had left her stuff. “So what color do you want your scarf to be?” she asked him.


“Um… what?” Light in confusion.


“Yes, you make a toy for me, I make you a scarf,” Sunflower explained.


“Oh… well… if you insist… I guess yellow and light blue, like me,” Light said, flattered by her being willing to repay him in a city with no money.


“Ok, I’ll be working on it.” Sunflower said before taking the yellow and light blue colored yarn, and starting to knit.


Light took a deep breath before turning to Sunflower's mother. “I assure you that I don’t mind what she said. Kids in Canterlot are twice as picky, and then there are the parents,” Light tried to assure her before extending his hoof to her. “My name is Light Heart. What is your name?”


“Panic. Party Panic,” the zebra said, while shaking his hoof.


“So, I’m guessing that you are the adult supervision for this group?” Light asked, remembering that Farmer was the adult in the last class.


“Well... I am the oldest,” Panic said.


“Understandable,” Light said with a nod as he sat down. “Although I do admit, I did like being more of a toymaker in this class,” Light said with a small smile.


“And I prefer making parties in peace and quiet,” Panic said. “It’s nice that Pinkie helps out, but... She can get noisy.”


“Agreed. I got to experience that cannon of hers up close,” Light explained as he rubbed his ear. “I even offered to try making a suppressed version of that cannon.”


Panic looked at Light. “Thank you...” she told him before hugging herself.


“Don’t thank me until I figure out how to suppress it,” Light told her as he winced a little at the thought of trying to make a suppressed party cannon. “I don’t even know how it works yet.”


“Oh, that’s easy, the confetti is loaded into the cannon, when Pinkie pulls on the string, a chemical reaction causes…” Flash started to rumble off about it.


Light looked surprised as he was talking about what sounded like advanced science. “Um… did Pinkie make this thing herself?”


Panic leaned to Light. “He was once curious about that, and then Pinkie told him. She got an A+ on both her science and physics class,” she explained.


“That mare is full of surprises,” Light said as he tried to think about how to work the new cannon. “Twi will have to help with the chemical aspect, but I feel like there should be another way to suppress the cannon.


“Try a spring and some compressed air,” Panic suggested.


“Maybe… but the loud pop is the sudden reaction of a high force of air leaving a short barrel. So… maybe if I extend the barrel… and add something to slow down the air as it leaves… It would still have some range, but it should quiet it down quite a bit,” Light said as he started making some sketches.


“Put a blanket on it,” Flash suggested.


“It would get tangled in the wheels or obstruct the confetti,” Light pointed out. “I’ll ask Twilight about the chemical aspect and see about reworking the barrel of the cannon.”


“Maybe I can ask my daughter to knit the cannon a ‘shirt’.” Panic added.


Light looked confused as he looked at Party. “Was that a joke?” he asked, honestly curious.


“Yes, and no,” Panic said. “I’m saying that Sunflower could knit around the cannon with some soft yarn, dampening the sound of it.”


“That wouldn’t work, since the noise is coming out of the barrel,” Light pointed out.


“Oh...” Panic said while lowering her ears.


Light shrugged as he looked at his notes. “Maybe I should get a few smart ponies together to help me workshop this,” Light mused as he realized that he never made a cannon like this before.


“Well you have me, Twilight...” Flash said before turning his head around. “Stone, do you want to help out?” he asked her.


She shrugged before hugging the stuffed armadillo, then she nodded.


Flash nodded as well. “You got 3 that want to help you.”


“Make that 4,” Panic said.


Light smiled as he saw the others wanting to help. “Thank you. I know that I can’t make this thing completely silent, but I think I can make it bearable for ponies up close.”


“And for ponies like us,” Flash added.


“Exactly… and maybe Pinkie will like having a yarn cover for the cannon, but let’s make sure that it can be taken on and off,” Light said as he wrote down a few more notes.


“Yeah!” Sunflower said from her seat.


Panic leaned to Light. “Forgot to ask, but... What pattern did you want on your scarf?”


“Oh… I think blue on the sides and yellow in the center will work,” Light said with a smile.


“Do you mean all the way through the scarf, or having the scarf yellow and the ends blue,” Sunflower asked.


“All the way through,” Light said with a smile before freezing in place.


Flash started to panic. “W.. what’s wrong?” he asked, worried.


“I… I just realized… I have been having a horrible day… but when I get to just… be a toymaker… I feel like none of that matters,” Light said as he started to tear up in happiness.


Panic looked confused. “Yeah?” she said.


“I… I’m sorry.. But after several times of embarrassing myself and having a shower break right in front of me… I’m just glad that I can just focus on making toys instead of stressing out about my wings,” Light tried to explain.


Panic nodded. “I know the feeling, I’m the same with making parties.”


“You haven’t been to Canterlot. It’s been forever since I got to make toys for kids instead of as a hobby,” Light said as he tried to regain his composure.


“Oof,” Panic said. “That’s not fun.”


“Yeah… I have a couple of large bags filled with stuffed animals,” Light admitted.


“Don’t let the kids know that,” both Flash and Panic said. “Trust me, they'll harass you until you give up,” Panic told him. “They did when they found out that the party supplies are kept at my place.”


“I’ll keep that in mind,” Light said with a nod, hoping that the other kids didn’t hear.


Fast lifted her head up. “What did you say?” she asked.


“Nothing. Just asking how the toy system works around here,” Light said quickly.


“You make them, then you give them to us,” Fast said. “Ask Marerian for help on the rest.”


“I will. Does she work in the crafts class?” Light asked hopefully.


Fast nodded. “Yes, she’s fun, like you!” she said before going back to what she was doing.


Light nodded before turning to Flash. “So… what do we do in this class?”


“Oh... well, you... You make crafts,” Flash said.


“I meant the autistic group,” Light clarified.


“Oh, here we... we just hang out together,” Flash said. “We support one another and help one another with our problems that we have.”


“Oh... Okay… So what kind of sports do you recommend?” Light asked with a small gulp.


“Oh... what are you good at?” Flash asked him.


“Well, we don’t do a lot of sports in Canterlot,” Light admitted. “I do want to learn how to swim…” Light covered his mouth as he remembered what the others said about Flash not being able to float. “Um… forget I said that…”


“Oh, well, you should do that,” Flash told Light, not seeming to be bothered by that.


“Oh… I thought it would be a touchy subject for you,” Light said, looking apologetic.


Flash shrugged. “Just because I can’t do that, doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t try,” he explained.


“Thanks…” Light started to get curious about why Flash has problems floating, let alone swimming. “So… do you mind if I ask a question?”


“No... what is it?” Flash asked back.


“Um… I was told that you have problems floating… but I don’t understand why,” Light admitted.


“Oh that, I don’t have any buoyancy,” Flash explained.



“From what I heard you are a smart pony”


“no.. as it I I’m too heavy”


“Y… you physically can’t float? Did you try water rings?” Light asked, looking rather confused by the situation.


“I did, I’ve tried, my bones are just too dense,” Flash explained.


“How is that possible? I don’t know about a race with bones that dense,” Light said, dumbfounded.


Flash looked at Light. “Crystal ponies!?”


Light’s eyes widened as he looked at Flash. “Wait… they exist?” Light asked as he looked at Flash’s body. “According to legend, they were lost to history along with the Crystal Empire. They became myths and legends.”


“Really, the kid who became an alicorn has a hard time believing that crystal ponies exist?” Flash asked quietly, so that no other ponies could hear him.


Light was about to reply, but then he thought about the other ponies he had seen in MoonRacer. “Fair enough. So, shouldn’t your body be… crystal?”

Flash looked at himself over, before looking at where the sun was, placing himself between Light and the sun, before taking his orange coat off, his skin starting to sparkle, and bothering both Light and Flash’s eyes.


“Ah… it’s not too obvious normally. Twilight is going to geek out over you,” Light said as he shielded his eyes.


“Yeah,” Flash said while putting his coat back on, stopping the sparkle. “Are you going to ask why?”


“I might as well. Why does your body seem normal? From what I read Crystal ponies have skin like crystal, not a fur coat,” Light asked curiously.


“I was talking about why I’m a crystal pony, but ok,” Flash said. “I don’t live in the crystal empire, so... Apparently that’s how we look when we aren’t constantly being blasted by the empire’s magic.”


“Well, I guess we could look at the other question. Admittedly I thought that this meant that there were survivors or escapees of the Crystal empire before it fell, but with how long ago that was, it meant that you inherited these genes,” Light theroised, thinking about how proud Twilight would be about this burst of logic.


“Well, it’s like the cake twins that you talked about. One of my ancestors must have been one, and it just came back,” Flash explained while adjusting his sunglasses.


“Amazing, and I bet Twilight will have a few questions for you, namely if it’s possible for you to become fully diamond and be indestructible. We have a long standing bet on how that would work,” Light explained with a small smile.


“And I bet there are some ponies that are asking other questions about your alicorn body, Light,” Flash pointed out. “But... yeah, I’m mostly indestructible, mostly.”


Light chuckled a bit, but he was still curious. “But do you have to be in an emotional state, focusing your magic, or is it just natural.”


Flash shrugged. “Yes and no, it’s just like most other normal ponies. If I stay positive, then I’m at 100%, if I’m down, sad, depressed or upset then I’m not that... Unbreakable sparkle crystal-pony,” he explained. “If I get very emotional that my body aura goes a bit... Off.”


“So it is emotional?” Light asked, looking excited. “I won the bet!”


Flash nodded. “Yeah, can I get one of your stuffed toys?” he asked nicely.


“Sure, what kind?” Light said, now happy that he could say that he won a long standing bet against Twilight and Spike.


“Any... the softest you have...” Flash said, happy to be talking with Light.


“Okay… oh! I know one. I was testing out this new fabric and cotton I got my hooves on two weeks ago,” Light said as he summoned a dove plushie.


“Oh... I love those birds,” Flash said with a smile. “Now please place it on the ground?” he asked nicely.


“Um… okay?” Light asked, not knowing what Flash was wanting to do.


“Ok, thanks, now please step back,” Flash asked while pointing his right front hoof to the doll.


Light followed his instructions, looking rather curious at what was going on. “Okay, what are you…”


Flash started to take some deep breaths, causing the stuffed dove to jiggle a bit.


“Wait… what?” Light asked in shock as the bird was starting to move on its own.


The stuffed bird then quickly flew off, and hit Flash in the face. “Oh..”


“W… how did you do that?” Light asked in shock.


“Apparently Crystal ponies have a bit of magic aura,” Flash tried to explain. “I’m only able to do a bit of telekinesis. But not that good,” he said while rubbing where he got hit in the head by the stuffed bird.


Light watched as the bird landed on the ground. “So, it’s just moving it around. That’s still cool.”


“Yeah... I’m trying to see what I can do,” Flash started to explain. “I can do one other thing, but... I don’t think that’s something that most crystal ponies can do.”


“Oh, I’d love to see it. Your magic is already cool,” Light said with a grin.


“Ok, please don’t freak out or get weirded out,” Flash said once more, before placing his hoof on the stuffed bird, leaving it there for some time, gasping before letting go. “See what happens!” he told Light, now acting a bit more girly.


Light looked confused as he wanted to see what Flash was going.


The bird got up. “What do you think?” the birst asked, sounding like a rougher version of FlashTruth’s voice, before starting to flap his wings, and fly around Lights head.


“My toy is alive! I thought I was the only pony who did that, and it was an accident,” Light said as the dove flew over him.


“Not... actually...” Flash said in a more feminine voice, before gingerly sitting down, while the bird continued to fly around them.


“Woohoo!” the bird cried out. “I’m flying y’all!”


“So… how does this work, and why are you talking like that?” Light asked curiously.



“I happen to be what is called two-spirited, I basically have two souls in me, and I have managed to put one in the stuffed bird,” he explained.


“T… two souls?” Light asked, looking confused.


“Yes, you do know what a soul is?” Flash asked while softly looking at his hooves.


“Yeah… it’s the thing that holds our emotions and connects us in the natural balance of magic,” Light explained.


“Flash nodded. “Yes, and... I have two of them,” he said, while continuing to talk softly.


“So… this one is more… gentle?” Light asked, trying to understand this.


Flash nodded like a mare before the bird landed on Light’s horn. “And I am more Passionate! I like to do what I want, when I want, and don’t care about consequences,” the bird told Light.


“Oh… I didn’t expect you to be so vocal,” Light admitted.


Flash took the stuffed bird off of Light’s horn. “Yes, I know it can be a bit jarring to... See this and me like this, but I hope you’re not freaked out nor weirded out,” he asked Light while petting the stuffed bird.


“Flash, Spike can do enhanced earth pony magic. Twilight can coat me in flames and not burn me. I’m an alicorn who is lousy at magic. All you did was make me feel like I fit in more,” Light assured him.


Flash smiled before blushing. “Thanks.” The bird rolled his eyes.


“So… is this easy for you?” Light asked curiously.


“Oh... no,” Flash said while looking away. “I need to touch the thing, and it took me a while to be able to do that,” he explained bashfully.


“Oh come on,”he stuffed bird said. “You saw how fast we did that,” he chastised.


“So… you need an extra soul in order to do it?” Light asked.


“Yeah, yours or one of someone that has passed away but who is still around.”


Light looked confused as this didn’t seem to make sense to him. “How good is Marerian?”


“Well... Marerian can do that better than me” Flash explained. “She can put any soul into the toys that she makes.”


“Wow… and I brought my toy to life once, and I was a kid when it happened.


“Wow, you know buffalo magic?” Flash asked him. “Whose soul did you put in? Or are you one as well?” he asked, looking at Light. “Did you feel like you were only half of yourself when you did that?” he started to walk closer to Light, his hip swinging a bit.


“It was… like a figment of my imagination. I always imagined the toy coming to life, but when I accidently did it… it was like how I imagined he would be. The voice, personality, and basically everything. I never could replicate that spell. It was too long ago,” Light admitted.


“Maybe you were supposed to have a twin, and he became your imaginary friend?” Flash suggested. “Or Alicorns can give life to anything they want.”


“I have no clue. It was so long ago, and I can’t do it again,” Light explained. “I’ve tried that trick several times, but I can’t bring my toy to life again.”


“Well maybe Marerian can reteach you how to do it once more,” Flash told Light.


“Maybe, but I’m lousy at magic,” Light explained, looking a little discouraged.


“Maybe so at unicorn magic, but if you managed to do it once, you are probably an ace buffalo magic, or something like that,” Flash told him, rejoining his two souls back together.


“Hm… I don’t know if it’s possible for me to do that kind of magic,” Light admitted.


“You just saw me do it, and you did say that you did it once,” Flash told Light, back to acting normal, well normal for him.


“Yeah, but I don’t know if I did it the same way you did,” Light reminded him.


“There's only one way to find out!” Flash said, while getting up.


Before Light could reply, the bell went off again.


“Oh... well what are you doing now?” Flash asked him.


“I guess I’m heading to the pool. I don’t know about the others,” Light said with a shrug.


“Oh... ok,” Flash replied. “Sports lessons?”


“Probably,” Light said with a nod.


“Well... good luck with that,” Flash told him encouragingly.


“Yeah, and thanks for being understanding,” Light said with a smile as he started to leave the class.


Twilight and Spike had met up as they were both trying to figure out what sport they should join. “We promised that we’d meet up with Shark at the pool, so we could do the swimming, even if it’s just to check it out on the first day,” Twilight suggested.


“Yeah... and I hope that Flash and Light have finally talked to one and other,” Spike said.


“Me too. I’m already struggling with helping Dash,” Twilight admitted.


“Why is that?” Spike asked curiously.


“She has so many problems trying to pay attention. She’s always getting distracted, and doesn’t listen to what I say,” Twilight whined as they started to enter the pool area. “I’m guessing that’s why her grades are tanking.”


“Well, it would be hard to pay attention in a country that doesn’t use money,” Spike joked


“That doesn’t matter, she does have her sports to think about. She’s passionate, but she’s so undisciplined,” Twilight explained with a sigh. “Maybe I’m just trying to help her study the wrong way?”


“Well, Light had the same problem when he started, and I was worse,” Spike reminded her.


“And I tried the methods I used on you two. I tried visual cues, and I tried using snacks for an incentive. It doesn’t work on her,” Twilight said, trying to keep her cool. “I want to help, but I don’t know how.”


“Well, Dash isn’t like us. You had to find out how to reign us in. Now you have to learn how to do it for Dash,” Spike tried to assure her as he petted her back.


Twilight sighed as she nodded. “It’s just… hard to do it again. We were younger and got to know each other better. I just met Dash, and I only have a week.”


“Well, just do your best and help encourage Dash to do the same,” Spike said with a shrug. “That’s what mom always says.”


“You’re right Spike,” Twilight told him before hugging his neck.


As they were talking, Shark jumped out of the pool, and managed to land on his hooves.


Sweet Celestia!!” Spike yelped, not being used to seeing ponies able to funny jump out of a pool.


Twilight looked fascinated at this feat. “Wow! That takes a lot of force in order to jump out of a pool like that.”


“Well, when you go from the bottom to straight up, you can get some air,” Shark said with a hint of envy. “Sooo... you two are here for a swimming sport? Which one? Speed swimming, synchronized swimming, water Polo, modern pentathlon or the high dive!?” he asked with glee.


“Oh… I didn’t know that there were so many choices…” Twilight said bashfully.


“Yeah… I thought there would be something to help with the basics before going pro,” Spike said, looking confused about which one to pick.


“What do you want to do in the pool?” Shark asked. “What are you good at?”


“Well… we haven’t swam much.” Twilight admitted.


Shark gasped. He seemed to be appalled to hear that.


“Well, I guess we can let them in the general swimming training section for a while,” a hippogriff with holes in his legs offered as he walked over to the group. “We have a one month program that lets new students who want to learn how to swim have the proper knowledge and training in order to do so. I think a friend of yours came over a few minutes ago to join it. We allow one adult and a few willing students to help out the new students with the training process,” the teacher explained as he shook their hooves. “It’s our way to help any pony who doesn’t know how to swim, but wants to learn how.”


“Thank you very much,” Twilight told the swimming teacher. “But... where is our friend?” she asked.


“Putting on a swimsuit,” the teacher said as he turned around to see Light leaving the changing room in a blue swimsuit.


Light walked over to them with a big smile on his face, feeling happy and proud.


“Hi Light. You seem rather happy,” Spike said, feeling hopeful that Light’s day is turning around.


“I’m... doing a lot better,” Light said with a nod. “How about you two?”


“Well, my tutoring with Dash is struggling, but I’ll keep working on it,” Twilight said with a shrug.


“And I got to learn about a lot of things that mess with ponies magically,” Spike added before looking around. “By the way, is Rarity in this class?”


“No, sorry,” Shark admitted, noticing that it disappointed Spike.


“Aw... mare!” Spike said with a frown.


“You find her hot?” Shark asked Spike.


“N… I just…” Spike looked flustered as Twilight and Light were giggling.


“When he stutters more than I do, it’s because he’s afraid to admit it,” Light said with a chuckle.


“He’s hopelessly in love,” Twilight agreed as she was trying to hide her grin.


“Spike... You should know something about her. She’s not all that she seems to be!” Shark started to warn him.


“What do you mean?” Spike asked, looking confused.


Before Shark could reply, he saw Pinkie Pie appear from behind the new students. She did the motions for a Pinkie promise while glaring at him sternly.


Shark thought about it, before saying. “She has mascara on,” he told Spike.


“Yeah… I figured that, but I figured bringing that up would be rude.” Light admitted.


“Well you should at least know that,” Shark said before looking at Pinkie to see if she was satisfied.


Pinkie smiled as she made herself known to the others. “Yeah, now enough about the secrets Rarity thinks she’s keeping. I get to help with the swimming lesson today! Shark, would you like to help too? You are the best swimmer whose legs don’t shift into a tail,” Pinkie offered as she bounced past the others.


“Yes!” Shark said before stretching his one wing up. “You’ll all see the second reason why I’m called Shark.”


“Okay,” Twilight said before she realized the others were wearing swimsuits. “Um, should we put some swimsuits on as well?”


Shark nodded before pointing to the swimsuit ‘shop’. “We got regular, two piece, one piece, speedos and everything in between,” he let them know.


“Thank you… but what do you recommend for winged mares?” Twilight asked with a blush as she kept her wings tucked in.


“Umm...” Shark blushed. “One with... Straps!?”


“Oh… I’ll just see what they have,” Twilight said as she started to walk over to the store.


“Yeah... do that!” Shark said before jumping into the water.


“We’ll get started with Light,” Pinkie said as she picked up Light and jumped into the pool.


“Aaa Pinkie!” Light cried out before falling into the water, his body floating back to the surface surprisingly easy.


Pinkie giggled as she surfaced. “That’s a thing about winged ponies. They are rather light,” she said, looking pleased with the pun she included.


Light was about to shake himself, but the water was ‘rolling’ off his back, like it does on duck’s and Swan’s backs.


“So, it looks like floating is good. How about we work on the wing stroke? It’s an easy one and Dash said that it’s like slowly flying in water,” Pinkie suggested.


Light looked at Pinkie before trying to stretch his wings out.


“Here, let me help,” Pinkie said as she swam under him and started moving his wings outward, making the alicorn blush.


“A... Pinkie?” Light tried to say, flabergasted, while feeling her paws in his wings, and other fillings.


“Yes Light?” Pinkie asked after lifting her head out of that water.


“I... I’m sensitive to being touched,” Light admitted with a blush.


Pinkie giggled a little as she booped his nose. “It’s okay. I won’t tickle you. Now, while keeping your wings on the surface, move your wings back gently,” Pinkie instructed as she swam away a little.


“I’m... I’ll try,” Light told her, feeling his wings a bit more stiff. Was he nervous that she was touching him like that? He never had that problem with his wings before.


Pinkie smiled as she saw Light trying to move, but rather slowly. “Not bad, but maybe I should leave the wings alone for a while.”


“Um... *cough* Yeah, we should,” Light told her before moving his front hooves around to go to her, finding swimming easier now that he floated on the water and didn’t need to worry about sinking nor needing to exert some energy to keep himself afloat.


“Okay, watch how I do the doggy paddle,” Pinkie said as she started swimming around him, liking how she was able to play with Light, but also being careful not to go too far and doing something painfully obvious.


“Umm... yeah, those are some nice swimming moves,” Light complemented.


Pinkie giggled as she swam behind him. “Now it’s your turn!”


“Um... o... Ok,” Light told her before trying to mimic what Pinkie did, moving all 4 of his hooves.


Pinkie looked rather content as she followed Light. “Very good! You’re pretty good for a beginner!” she said before she saw Spike and Twilight heading back to the pool. “Hey Shark! The others are here!”


“Ok, I’ll bring them over here,” Shark said. “Unless you want me to leave,” he asked them, seeing what Pinkie was doing.


“Well, maybe you can start instructing them while I help Light for a bit?” Pinkie suggested.


“K,” Shark told her before using his wing like a shark-fin, propelling him off.


Pinkie giggled as she tapped Light on the shoulder. “Alright, now let’s try something more advanced. Have you ever been underwater?”


“Um... yes,” Light said, recalling the time he had jumped into the lake when his pegasus siblings were swimming in. He didn’t realize that the water was deep, and that pegasi float on water more than unicorns.


“Alright! So let’s go under and hold our breaths. Ready?” Pinkie asked, looking excited.


Light nodded nervously, hoping his wings came with pegasus level lungs.


“Ready? Deep breath,” Pinkie said as she swam in front of him and grabbed his shoulders.


Light took a deep breath before closing his mouth shut.


Pinkie pulled him under the water while using her hind legs to make him tuck his wings in.


Light tried to open his eyes, and found that he could, either because alicorns didn’t get blinded by pool chemicals, or what they used as pool cleaner here didn’t hurt eyes.


Pinkie was now right in his vision, her curly mane floating behind her head as she was smiling brightly at him. Light was about to yell or even gasp at her being so close, but Pinkie shushed him. He waited to see what Pinkie was about to do.


Pinkie started gently rubbing his chest, helping to relax his stomach. She gently started to rub his body, wanting to make him comfortable. Light didn’t know how to feel about Pinkie touching him. One one hoof she was brushing his personal space, on the other hoof he found that he liked her touch.


Before either of them could go too far, Pinkie pulled him up to the surface, smiling as she booped his nose again. “I hoped that distracted you. It helps a lot with breath holding. By the way, your fur is soft too.”


“I... um... Thanks,” Light said blushing profusely.


“Let’s go to the shallow end and work on your back stroke, and also hope that we can fix your wings before anypony notices,” Pinkie said with a small giggle.


Light turned his head around and noticed that his wings were stretched out. He tried to force them down, but had no luck. “Um… I… what is going on?” Light asked before Pinkie grabbed him and forced him to float on his back.


“Don’t worry about it,” Pinkie said, glad that she was able to get away with her mischievous plan.


“Pinkie I... don’t know what’s going on. My wings never did this before.”


“Well… maybe you should get together with Spike and ask Flash. He’s smart when it comes to things like this,” Pinkie said, hiding the truth from him at the moment. “Hey Shark, how is it going over there?”


“Umm... good,” Shark said, now on his back with Twilight on him, helping her do a backstroke.


“Spike is taking to it faster than I am,” Twilight said as the young earth pony was swimming across the pool and back.


“I’m wondering if he had hydrokinesis or that joke rumor is true,” Shark said.


“No clue… so am I doing this right?” Twilight asked as she tried to keep focused.


“Umm... yes,” Shark used his wing to help him move back without moving the rest of his body. “Just... try to have your back hooves like a wave, and keep your claws flat and your arms straight to make a circle.”


“Like this?” Twilight asked, trying to be as detail oriented as always.


“Ah, yes. Now... do you want to try to add your wings in it?” Shark asked her.


“Um… sure.” Twilight said as she noticed Fluttershy swimming towards them.


“Oh, hey Flutter?” Shark said while trying to help Twilight.


“Hi. I was asked to come over here since it was only you and Pinkie pie. I hope you don't mind,” she said timidly as she waved to the others.


“Well actually, Pinkie is with Light over there,” Shark pointed them out.


“Oh…” Fluttershy said silently as she looked over at the two of them. “I didn’t know you’d all join this class.”


Shark nodded. “Yeah, apparently Pinkie had the same idea as you.”


“Yeah…” Fluttershy said, looking discouraged as she turned to Twilight. “So, are you doing alright?”


“I’m doing better, Shark is a real good help,” Twilight said.


“He is the strongest swimmer. I’m just able to hold my breath for a long time,” Fluttershy admitted. “I’m also trained in CPR. That’s why the teacher wanted me over here.”


“Thank you Flutter, I’ll yell and let you know if any of us faint in the pool,” Shark told her before turning back to look at how Light was doing.


Light was still practicing his backstroke as his wings finally started to relax.


Fluttershy sighed as she saw how close Pinkie was to him. “Pinkie was always the bolder one.”


“Well, you should let that student know how you feel,” Shark told her, letting her choose who he was talking about.


“No… it would be too soon. I don’t want to pressure him,” Fluttershy said, remembering what Twilight told her.


“What about Pinkie?” Shark asked.


“I honestly think she’s toying with him,” Twilight said as she stopped her stroke and was floating next to the others.


Shark tilted his head. “What makes you say that?”


“Because I swear I saw his wings go stiff,” Twilight explained. “He looked confused, so I think she’s building a connection while keeping him clueless.”


“Oh...” Sharked blushed. “I take it that he never got the... Talk nor was told about wings having a mind of their own.”


“Neither did Spike,” Twilight whispered to him. “I read a book on it.”


“Well... if you still have the book... I... we... could try to...” Shark offered.


“I think it’s something a boy should tell them,” Fluttershy said as her cheeks went a deep red.


“Yes, I agree, but who do they trust and feel comfortable enough to get the talk from?” Twilight asked.


“Umm... well... There is…” Flutter hid her face behind her mane.


“I... I don’t know Flutter, I suppose he would be the only one,” Shark said.


“Who are you talking about?” Twilight asked curiously.


“The only other stallion here with Asperger,” Shark said.


Twilight turned to Fluttershy with a shocked expression. “He is an expert on the subject.” Fluttershy said with a deep blush.


“Um... how...why..?” Twilight asked.


“He has straight A’s in biology, namely with pony bodies,” Fluttershy said with a raised eyebrow. “What did you think I was talking about?”


“Umm... his marefriends?” Twilight said with a blush, before covering her face.


“Oh… I don’t know about that,” Fluttershy admitted as she heard a splash from behind them. Shark turned his head to look at what just came into the water, ready to protect Twilight.


Pinkie looked like she was panicking as she was at the side of the pool. “What happened to Light? I left to get a drink of water!” she said, before seeing a weighted water polo ball that was used for training floating where Light had been.


“I... umm...” Shark turned to look at Twilight.


Fluttershy instantly feared the worst as she dove under the water, seeing Light’s unconscious body sinking in the pool.


Light’s body was spread open, his legs and wings apart, he was like a baby angel, but now wasn’t the time to look over Light’s heavenly body, she had to save him, so Flutter forced her body to go deeper. She was swimming down faster than she had ever gone before, the fiery passion that was in her was giving her the strength to go beyond her known limits.


While Fluttershy was diving deeper, she could hear Twilight starting to panic as she realized what happened to Light, and had no clue how to help him.


“Come on! Let me get him!” Flutter grabbed Light's body, and pulled him up, her adrenaline letting her to keep on going. Flutter breached the water surface, before managing to lift Light's unconscious body onto the side. She could hear the polo team running over, apologising and asking who was hurt.


As they started to look at Light’s unconscious body, Flutter instantly took charge. “Stand back! Give him air!” Flutter pulled herself out of the water, and started to place her hooves on Light’s body, trying to push the water out of him.


Twilight looked like she was having a panic attack while Spike was trying to keep her calm, helplessly watching Fluttershy work on him.


“Come on! The water is out, but he’s still not inhaling. I only have one idea… May the wilds give me courage. Flutter, without hesitation, pinched Light's nose before placing her lips on his.


Twilight, Spike, and Pinkie all blushed deeply as she saw Fluttershy breathing air into Light’s body. “Lucky…” Pinkie said softly as she was almost speechless at this sight.


Flutter had to use all of herself control to not take advantage of that, she had to resist slipping her tongue through and between his soft and... It wasn’t the time!


Fluttershy gave him a few more breaths before the alicorn started to stir, groaning softly as he had no real clue of what was going on.


Even though she wanted to keep her lips on his, she had to be respected full of him, she also had to let him try to breathe by himself.


Light coughed a few times as he rubbed a bump that was on his forehead. “Ow! Did somebody get the number of that cart that hit me?” Light asked, looking rather sore.


“Umm...” Flutter blushed before turning to look at the polo players.


“A ball got away from us. It was a heck of a throw, but I guess it hit you. Sorry,” one of the players said before Pinkie leaped onto Light.


“You’re okay!!! Fluttershy saved you!!!” she said as she hugged them both tightly.


Light was blushing profusely, feeling both of the mares’ soft coats. “I…” he tried to say before noticing that his lips felt a bit weird. “What did you do?” he asked Flutter.


“Um… I… um… ah…” Fluttershy was hiding her face behind her mane as she didn’t know how to admit what she did.


Pinkie noticed how uncomfortable Flutter was starting to feel. “She saved your life, and nothing else to worry about,” she told Light, before softly pinching and caressing his cheek with hers.


Light didn’t know why, but he felt his heart racing as he felt the two mares next to him. “Oh… thank you…”


“Oh... you’re... You’re welcome,” Flutter said before rubbing her head on Light’s body.


“Hey! Let’s get him to the nurse’s office!” The teacher said as he picked Light up and started carrying him out of the room.


“Oh should we take him, while you stay to teach your class?” Pinkie was asking the teacher.


“Hm… alright… but straight into the nurse’s office, and try to be gentle with him,” the teacher said firmly.


Pinkie nodded “Oh... don’t worry, we... I will,” Flutter said before placing one of Light's arms over her neck, Pinkie doing the same.


“Together Flutter, like we agreed,” Pinkie reminded her as they started carrying Light out of the room.


Flutter nodded, trying to hide the smile she had.


“Well… Light is in for an interesting time,” Spike said before turning to Twilight, who was currently curled up into a ball.


Shark was petting her trying to pet her head to help calm her down.


“I… I froze… I didn’t do anything to help him… I… I failed him… he almost died because I did nothing,” she whimpered as she started to cry, feeling like she almost lost one of her best friends.


“No, no no... you didn’t fail, you... You let the mare that lov... Likes him save him,” Shark tried to tell her.


“But I shouldn’t have let him get hurt in the first place! If I just paid attention…”


“Twilight, bad things happened, and you can’t stop everything,” Shark told her.


“But I want to protect my friends, especially the ones who have stuck by me for so long,” Twilight explained with a sniffle.


Shark hugged her before whispering some words of encouragement. “We all do, but if we never fail, we would never learn,” he told her.


Twilight sniffled as she sat up. “I… I need some time to calm down and gather my thoughts.”


“Do... do you need me to...” Shark started to ask her.


“Please, I just need to rest and think,” Twilight said as she rested her head against his chest. Shark nodded before staying quiet.


Spike was simply floating in the pool as he saw Twilight starting to get comfortable on Shark’s chest, almost too comfortable. After a minute of calming down she started to doze off on his lap, subconsciously hugging his body.


Shark blushed, wondering what this meant, and what she thought of him. The only thing he knew was that he shouldn’t move.


“So… do you have a mare?” Spike asked as he swam over to where the couple were resting.


“I... not yet,” Shark said before looking down.


“Are girls allowed to have more than one boyfriend too?” Spike asked, worried if Rarity was actually swimming in stallions.


“Well, if everyone knows and consents to this, then yes,” Shark told Spike. “Why, do you want to be like Flash?”


“No… I was just wondering if Rarity has… other guys,” Spike admitted with a blush.


“That... you would have to ask her,” Shark admitted.


“Just lay it on me. Is she dating other guys?” Spike pleaded, looking rather anxious about it.


“I don’t know, honest,” Shark said, not wanting to wake up Twilight.


As Spike wanted to press again, the bell went off, signaling the students to get out of the pool and to get cleaned up before the next class.


Shark was forced to shake Twilight up. “Twiiiliiight,” he called softly.


Twilight moaned softly before starting to wake up, seeing that she was still at the pool, and was currently laying on Shark’s lap. “Ohhhh… sorry.”


“Oh it’s ok,” Shark said with a blush. “You... you have some very soft scales,” he admitted.


“Well, at least we know how this relationship is going to work out,” Spike said as a joke as he climbed out of the pool. “The nerd, the jock, and the prince.”


Twilight blushed as she got up. “I was just… tired from all of the swimming.”


“And Fluttershy just gave mouth to mouth to Light. Your point?” Spike asked as he grabbed a spare towel and started to dry himself off.


Twilight looked a bit ashamed at what she just did.


“Hey hey... It’s ok, you... You can have more than one love,” Shark told her. “Just, like... You can have more than one best friend!”


Twilight blushed deeply as she thought about it. “Thank you, although I promise I won’t write to the princesses about it. The press would have a field day if they found out about that letter. No offence,” Twilight said as she brushed her mane back with her claws.


“Yeah, sorry. There are some things that we don’t tell my mom through the mail,” Spike admitted. “But I’m sure she’ll love to meet you when she comes over to visit.”


“Why... that you are ‘crushing’ on both the king’s son and a lonely unimportant one wings pegasus.”


“Magazines have a way of twisting things about us. You should have seen the fallout of Light’s… last mistake.” Spike looked a little awkward as he didn’t want to explain what happened to Light before they had to leave.


“I’ll... I’ll ask him later tonight,” Shark said while following them. “But... isn’t Spike the princess’ son?” he asked.


“I am, meaning I get a lot of ponies judging me,” Spike admitted before looking uncomfortable. “Just… don’t ask Light what happened before we left. None of us really want to talk about it.”


“Telling me not to ask about it is just going to make me want to ask more about it,” Shark told him, only to see the two new kids giving him a pleading look. “But... ok. I wouldn’t. But, why didn’t you just all stay here, forever? Away from the press?”


“Well… I don’t know… We just got here, and we don’t have any idea of how this will turn out,” Twilight admitted. “I mean… I wouldn’t mind staying…”


“Well... if there’s anything that is missing... I would be glad to try to find it or a replacement for you,” Shark offered with a blush.


“I’d like that, and you wouldn’t mind sharing me with Sleipnir as I get to know you two?” Twilight asked with a small blush.


“I’m ok with that,” Shark said before turning to where Pinkie, Flutter and Light had run off to. “So... how do you think it’s going to work out with them?”


“Well, considering the state Light’s wings were in, he’s going to learn what it means to be attracted to somepony. He’ll be scared at first, but if the girls play their cards right, he may grow to be attracted to them,” Twilight said as they started walking to the changing rooms. “So, what do we do with the swimsuits?”


“So you want to keep them? Or wait to get a custom made one?” Shark asked.


“Well… I know Rarity would insist on making one herself, but it may be wise to keep one on me,” Twilight said with a nod.


“Then you can keep them, you may want to write your name on it, and wash them... Once a week if you used it,” Shark tried to explain.


“Well… I may ask Rarity or Light to sew my name onto it, that way it doesn’t wash off,” Twilight said as she got ready to head into a changing room.


“That’s a good ideal,” Shark said. “Don’t forget to wash the chlorine off.”


“Of course. Is there shampoo in here?” Twilight asked.


“There should be a dispenser on the wall, but don’t mistake the body soap with the mane soap,” Shark told her. “Oh, and it’s a good idea and habit to maybe bring your own little bottle.”


“What’s the difference?” Spike asked, having a fur coat himself.


“I... I don’t know,” Shark admitted. “I think the mane one is better if you want to style your mane, while the body one is better for your hooves and other body parts, doesn’t irritate them.”


“Alright. I guess I never paid too much attention to that. I just took a lot of bubble baths,” Spike admitted before going to shower off.


Shark nodded. “Can... Can I ask you something?”


“Sure, what is it?” Spike asked as he was getting ready to close his door.


“Is... is it true? That your and your mother’s bath-tub is the size of a pool?” Shark asked, trying to hold back his laughter.


“Mom’s? Yes. Mine, no,” Spike said with a shrug. “When I was old enough to bathe myself, there were some guidelines that my mom had to follow to make sure that I don’t drown by accident. My biggest tub was around the size of a hot tub.”


“Oh...” Shark thought about it. “That’s... A bit small,” he admitted. “But Celestial bath-tub is the size of a pool.”


“She’s as tall as Kirouac, and has a longer body,” Spike explained while looking confused. “And how big is your hot tub?”


“Wow,” Shark said, surprised by how tall she was. “I don’t have a hot-tub. But... a single one, that you can buy, is the size of a desk at school,” Shark explained.


“That’s small!” Spike exclaimed. “And I thought you didn’t have currency!”


“Well the word ‘buy’ is used here for things that you get and are planning to keep for ‘ever’. Shark tried to explain. “But! The one next to this pool is the size of a small pool,” Shark added.


“Well… I guess my last bathtub, keeping in mind that I lived in a house right next to the castle with Twilight and Light, was about the size of four of our school desks,” Spike explained as he started to remember that he was, in spite of how he was treated, a prince.


“Mhm... sounds like the couple’s size,” Shark said.


“Light and Twilight weren’t used to extravagant stuff, and since Twilight is the equivalent to my sister, I was willing to follow in their hoofprints,” Spike explained as he got ready to close the door to his changing room.


Shark nodded. “I hear that Sleipnir is the same. mostly.”


“Yeah, he’s a decent guy. I can tell why Twilight wants both of you,” Spike said as he remembered something. “By the way, which subject do you want to work on studying today?”


“Oh, um since I already know what 1 + 2 makes, let’s do writing,” Shark suggested.


“Sure thing. Now please let me get cleaned,” Spike asked kindly as he finally shut the door to his changing room.


Shark nodded before leaving and going to his own changing room.

Author's Note:

P.s. for the ones that are wandering
Flash in the exited Male one that wanted to be the best and be no-longer limited.
Truth is the more Female one that is mostly in contral, that wants to help out others, the most 'she' can
.





.

Asperger and Autism group


the TeddyBear-Alicorn StoryVerse

NicLove's O.C.s Group


NON-royal Alicorn
Male Alicorns & Pegacorns