• Published 28th Aug 2020
  • 1,859 Views, 127 Comments

MoonRacer: The land of misfits. - NicLove



how would the story have been different if the mane 6 wereN'T 100% ponies

  • ...
3
 127
 1,859

Chapter 8: the Beginning of the First Date

Author's Note:

P.S.

I need an EDITER !

The rest of the week was rather interesting. Admittedly, Light and Spike ended up acting a bit awkward after the talk from Flash. Light was having the hardest time whenever he was around Fluttershy and Pinkie, getting more flustered than normal. Twilight was seriously tempted to ask about details of what happened to Flash when he drank a genderbending potion, but decided against it.


The classes did seem to go smoother for the group. Twilight was excelling in her classes, and was able to help some of the others with their studies. Spike was helpful as usual, but he started spending more time helping carry things for Rarity. As for Light, he still had a lousy time with magic lessons. The teachers were able to see that Light was a visual learner, thus magic was harder for him to understand. The most Light saw was a glowing horn and the results of the spell.


As for flying, neither Light nor Twilight were able to make much progress. Twilight’s wings were rather unique, being positioned like a pegasus’s wings, but being smooth meant that it didn’t work like feathered wings. As for Light, he had a few days off of any sports or strenuous exercise to recover. He found a bit of relief since he was still scared of flying.


As the school week was ending, Twilight’s new boyfriends were planning their first date with Twilight, promising that they would give her the best date ever.


However, Twilight’s lack of experience made her anxiety worse as she was trying to figure out how to make this date perfect for them too.


When Saturday finally came, Twilight ended up digging through all of her clothes, nervously trying to find something good to wear for her date. "Should I take a nice white dress, or something more loose and casual?" she asked Rarity.


“Hm… you can summon stuff to you, right?” Rarity asked as she was putting on a new silver dress she made.


“Well… just, it’s a teleportation spell mixed with my dragon magic,” Twilight explained.


“Can you summon a spare pair of clothes?” Rarity asked, now being more specific.


“I… I suppose so,” Twilight said.


“Alright, you want to go with a dress, but not white. That’s too easy to get stained. Here…” Rarity pulled out a starry dress for her. “I also have a more frilly version of that dress for more formal parties.”


"Thanks Rarity," Twilight said while looking the dress over. "Can it change to one and the other?" She asked.


“Use the more relaxed version for now, and have a set of more casual clothes ready, along with your swimsuit if needed.” Rarity instructed.


“Should I keep my swimsuit under my clothes?" Twilight asked her, not knowing if she should.


“Well, the dress would cover any straps, so take the two piece I gave you,” Rarity suggested as she got out a couple bottles of perfume. “Here, pick one to use. I’ll be using the other one tonight.”


Twilight blushed before turning to look at the two piece that Rarity gave her. "W..what are the smells?" she asked before turning back to her and sniffing both perfumes.


“Sunset valley and heat of passion,” Rarity explained with a smile. “It’s hard to get such high end perfume out here unless you know who to talk to.”


“I think I’ll take Sunset valley," Twilight said while trying not to sneeze with how the heat of passion smelled.


“Good choice,” Rarity said as she used the other bottle.


“You’re going to try to use that on Spike?” Twilight asked.


“He’s already head over hooves for me. This is me treating him for his kindness to me,” Rarity said with a wink.


"I just hope that this is the farthest that you will treat him," Twilight asked her.


“Oh, I never give my best right away. I allow it to grow over time, that way it gets more fun over time,” Rarity explained.


“Ok, as long as you don’t traumatize him,” Twilight warned.


“Don’t worry. I have done my own studying on the subject,” Rarity said with a wink. “And with a handsome boy like that, this is finals for me.”


Twilight was about to ask Rarity about what she meant by studying, but there was a knock at the door. “I’ll get it,” Twilight said as she opened the door to find Light standing there. “Oh, hi Light. What’s going on?”


“I just wanted a bit of advice…” Light trailed off when he saw Rarity and Twilight all dolled up. “Oh… I remember now. Your first date…”


“Huh? Oh yeah,” Twilight said with a blush. "We're finishing the final touch. How about you?" she asked. “What do you need help with?”


“Well… Pinkie was asking if I could join her and Fluttershy to head to a picnic. I was repeatedly told by Pinkie that it was going to be, and I quote, super duper casual and relaxed so you don’t need to worry about stressing out again,” Light explained with a deep breath.


Twilight nodded. "Mhm… so you should relax, and not mind as much,” she said while petting Light's back softly.


“Seriously? Ever since Flash talked to me about… the talk… I feel like they are obsessed about me… and I have my own problems not thinking about them!” Light exclaimed as he sat down. “I feel like I’m walking into a minefield. One wrong step and I’ll blow everything up.”


“Light, they were attracted to you before you got the talk,” Twilight explained. “Only now you realise what those feelings are, and why your wings… are acting up.”


“Why? I’m an idiot who got a promotion to alicorn. Surely their standards are higher than me,” Light tried to say.


“I’m sure it’s the toy-maker Light Heart they are attracted to, not the alicorn Light Heart,” Twilight tried to reassure him.


“Again, Light Heart is an idiot. Surely they deserve something better than me,” Light pointed out as he slumped down on one of the chairs.


“You’re not an idiot, you’re just less knowledgeable,” Twilight tried to explain.


“Again, they can do better than me,” Light said with a deep sigh.


“Umm.. maybe?” Twilight said with a wince. “But who they want is You!” she said triumphantly.


“But what if I’m not who they need?” Light asked with a fearful voice.


“Why wouldn’t you be?” Twilight asked Light.


“I’m dumb, and the wings on my back suggest that I’m supposed to be important,” Light explained bluntly.


“And the claws on my hooves say that I should be vicious and greedy,” Twilight told him. “Who we are is more than what we are.”


Light gave one last deep sight. “So… I guess that means I should just roll with this?”


"Darling, no, that means that he should take a shower, put some nice clothes on, and bring them flowers," Rarity said to both of them, while looking over Light's messy mane. “And maybe try to finally fix that messy hair of yours.”


“Rarity, I tried. I can’t do anything with my mane besides cut it,” Light tried to explain. “And they said to be casual! What if I act too formal… or for that matter, not formal enough?”


“Mhm… Idea!” Rarity chirped in. “We’ll sneak in, look over how they are dressed and set-up, and then add jell in your mane if needed.”


“Are you nuts! A guy can’t sneak in on mares while they are dressing! It’s against the law or… something,” Light said, growing a deep blush.


“I was talking about the picnic,” Rarity clarified. “Wow, Flash’s talk really got your mind in the gutter.”


“There should be a manual on dates!!!” Light exclaimed as he was now feeling very lost.


“There is.” Rarity said before giving Light a card.


Light quickly read off the card “Be your-self… What kind of advice do you have for autistic teddy bear alicorns?” Light asked, not looking confident with the advice that he was given. As he was looking over the card, he saw that there was more writing on it. “Then be better than yourself.” Light gulped as he realized that this advice may be harder to follow than he thought.


“There’s a reason why those two want to share a piece of your light Heart,” Rarity said with a giggle at the end.


“If there is, I need to find it,” Light muttered to himself.


“And I’m sure you’ll find it on your date,” Rarity told him. “Now, what do we have to add?”


“I don’t know. They said something about a picnic and then showing me around town a bit,” Light explained with a shrug


“Hm… so it does sound like a more casual date,” Rarity mused to herself.


“I guess…” Light said. “Should I just go like this?”


“Hm… I’d suggest having a mint and wearing a jacket, but yes. Stick to a casual look,” Rarity said with a nod.


Light breathed into his hooves before smelling. “I think I have some mint-flavored mouthwash,” he said before looking at his mane.


“Light, you remember the last time we tried to fix that mane,” Twilight warned him.


“Did you try jell?" Rarity asked both of them,


“Yes, and spray, and a few dozen products Spike asked his mother for. That mane is a hopeless cause,” Twilight explained with a heavy sigh.


“Did you get some from Zebrica?” Rarity asked them.


“Um… no…” Light admitted. “Most of this stuff was from the Equestrian lands.”


“So you haven’t tried everything?” Rarity pointed out before walking off to go to her quarters and get her jell. “Now… how should we do this?” she asked aloud.


“Um… I don’t know,” Light admitted, now looking worried.


“Mhm… Idea!” Rarity said, seeing an old magazine. “How about we try this?” she said while showing a black & while image of a colt that had his mane flat on his head, split in the center, going left or right.


Twilight giggled a little at the photo. “I’d at least like to see that,” she admitted with a giggle.


“Then, I'll use my magic to tame this mane of yours,” Rarity said before her horn glowed, the container of jell flew to Light, and opened itself. “You’ll have to take a button up shirt after this,” she told him.


“A… are you sure?” Light asked as he felt the jell going through his mane.


“Of course,” Rarity insested while buttering up Light’s mane. “You can’t just pass your head through a shirt after putting something in your mane,” she explained while trying to push down all of the tuft of mane that was popping back up.


“Um… do you really think this will work?” Twilight asked as she watched Rarity fighting with Light’s mane.


“I can only try,” Rarity said, finishing with the last tuft. “I just need to bring them to the side,” she told them before levertating a brush to his head.


Light winced as he felt her tugging at his mane, having felt this every time somepony tried fixing his mane or made it look more formal.


“I… am… managing!” Rarity said while pulling on Light’s mane, and pushing down any strain that went back up.


“You may want to use something to help keep that stuff down,” Twilight warned her.


Rarity lost her focus, and reverted back to her changeling form, while pulling Light’s mane down.


“Hey Rarity, I’m ready when you are,” Spike said as he poked his head inside of the room, seeing Rarity’s normal form.


“Not now, Spiky-wiky!” Rarity told him while working on Light’s mane. “Just need to add a bit more jell,” she said before smothering Light’s mane.


“Okay. I’ll wait outside. You look lovely by the way,” Spike said before closing the door, hoping she wouldn’t notice that she changed.


“Thank… You,” Rarity said, finally getting the mane down. “Ha…” she huffed. “Now just walk slowly, and put a nice shirt on.”


“Um… how slowly… and for how long?” Light asked nervously.


“Just a small trot, and… Until the date is over,” Rarity explained. “We don’t want your mane to pop back up.”


“At least I’m not the one going swimming,” Light said with a gulp as he slowly started walking out of the room.


“Good… have fun!” Rarity told Light before softly re-brushing her mane, and walking off to where Spike was waiting, still not noticing that she was in her changeling form.


“So… Where are you taking Spike?” Twilight asked curiously.


“Oh… we are going to a nice little cafe next to the park,” Rarity said.


“Hm… Spike never was one for the over the top lifestyle, so I think he’s like that,” Twilight said with a nod.


“I could tell,” Rarity said before walking off to Spike.


“Rarity, are you going casual or formal,” Twilight said cautiously.


“Casual, but that doesn’t mean I can’t go with a bit of panache,” Rarity said before flicking her mane.


“Um… do you want to check and make sure no jell got on you?” Twilight said as a last chance to warn her about her image.


“Oh… did any?” Rarity asked before taking a cloth and started to wipe herself off.


“Um… I…” Twilight didn’t know what to say as Rarity was walking towards the door.


“So Spike, what do you think?” Rarity asked him before giving him a twirl, with a smile on her face.


Spike gave a small smile as he figured to go with this instead of warning Rarity of her current form. “You look beautiful.”


Rarity smiled once more. “Thanks.” she said, before giving him a peck on his cheek. “Shall we go?”


“Do you mind if we wait till Twilight gets picked up…” Spike suddenly realized that Sleipnir and Shark may point out Rarity’s real form, so he did a quick 180. “On second thought, she’s a smart mare. She’ll be fine. Lead the way my princess!”


“As you wish, my prince,” she told him before walking off with him.


Twilight took a deep breath as she finished making sure that she was dressed. She was finishing brushing her mane before she heard a knock on the door. Twilight nervously dropped the brush before running to the door, stopping just to adjust her dress and make sure she was presentable. “Who is it?” she asked.


“It is I, your prince of love, your flightless angel of kisses,” he replied from the other side of the door.


“Now that is cheesy.” Twilight heard the other stallion say before she opened the door.


“Hi boys,” Twilight said, a little nervous about her first date.


“Hello Twilight,” they both said in unison. Shark was wearing red shorts & an orange short t-shirt while Sleipnir was wearing a long black pair of pants & a grey collared shirt.


“Oh, am I overdressed?” Twilight asked nervously.


“Um…” Shark said.


“Not at all,” Sleipnir said before giving his hoof to Twilight.


“Okay. I do have a spare set of clothes that I can summon if we need it.” Twilight allowed them to know.


“Um…” Shark blushed. “For swimming?” he asked.


“Oh, that I’m keeping on my person,” Twilight said with a soft blush. “I hope you two don’t mind. Rarity and I just guessed that you would want to make that part of the date.”


“Ya…” Shark rubbed the back of his head. “Should we… should we go?” he asked her.


“Sure thing. Just remember that Light won’t be happy if I’m out past eight,” Twilight said with a giggle.


Shark giggled nervously.


“If he attacks me, the son of the king of MoonRacer, then he, the prince of Equestria, would have technically declared war with our 2 Nations,” Sleipnir said.


“Light is not technically a prince, but he may take this up with your dad,” Twilight warned him before trying to change the topic. “So, where are we going?”


“I was talking about Spike,” Sleipnir explained, still thinking on how he must have managed to convince Rarity to go natural.


“We are going to a restaurant on the beach,” Shark said. “I do hope you’re ok with this?”


“Oh? I didn’t know we had a beach. Does MoonRacer have its own lake?” Twilight asked curiously.


“Well actually it’s Sandy Lake Shore, but many call it a beach because of the sand and water,” Shark explained with a blush.


“Wow! Sounds wonderful. So what other plans do you have? I know you both promised to share,” Twilight reminded them.


“That’s the compromise that we managed to get to,” Sleipnir explained. “After we lunch, we’ll get a nice little boat to just relax while we float on it.”


“Oh, that sounds relaxing, although I do wonder if I should change,” Twilight admitted with a blush.


“Relax, we are planning to just be next to and then on the water, not in,” Sleipnir reassured her.


“Oh, okay,” Twilight said with a nod.


“Can we go?” Shark asked before petting Twilight’s back with his wing.


“Of course,” Twilight said with a nod. “I’m all yours,” she said as she followed the two stallions.


Light felt his heart racing as he was heading over to the playground where they agreed to set up at. Fluttershy promised him that he would like the view from the hill that was near the park, and it would be a nice place for a relaxing picnic. Light also was doing his best to try to walk slowly so his mane wouldn’t get messed up.


“Oh, sweet Celestia! What was I thinking?” Light thought to himself, terrified about this date.


“Light Heart!” The voice of Pinkie called out.


Light’s ears perked up as he turned to the sound on Pinkie’s voice.


Pinkie was standing on top of the hill with Flutter, waving back at him with her usual big smile on her face.


“Oh, hi girls.” Light said as he felt like his knees were shaking as he tried to walk up to them. “H… how are you doing?”


“I’m doing great!” she said with glee, before running down the hill to Light, grabbing his hoof and trying to pull him up with her.


Light looked nervous as he was being pulled by the eager mare, still wondering why she would be interested in him.


Pinkie looked at Light and tilted her head. “What did you do with your mane?” she asked when they got to the top of the hill.


“Oh… well… normally my mane is always messy and is next to impossible to work with, but Rarity suggested I try and do something to it,” Light explained as he tried to give his best fake smile. “D… do you like it?”


“Mhm…” Pinkie thought about it before looking at Flutter.


“Well… it doesn’t look right…” Fluttershy admitted before looking regretful at the possibility of offending him. “I… I mean… if you like it…”


“Na!” Pinkie said before rubbing her paw into his mane, undoing all of the work Rarity did. “I prefer how it is naturally!” she told him before turning to Flutter and getting a nod from her.


“Yeah… It’s… cuter this way,” Flutter said with a nod.


Light was flabbergasted. “Y… you mean… my messy mane… isn’t ugly to you?”


“You… look more like a cute little animal like that,” Flutter admitted while blushing and then covering her face.


“Yeah, and I think it looks more relaxed. I mean, you never see me doing anything to my mane,” Pinkie said as she pointed at her poofy hair.


“Umm… Pinkie?” Flutter started to say before one of the little mice that she had as a pet popped out of Pinkie's mane, jumped out, and scurried back to her.


Pinkie blushed bashfully. “Well, I do wash it…”


“And you keep an oar in it,” Flutter pointed out, while petting the little mouse’s head.


“Doesn’t everybody?” Pinkie asked, reminding Fluttershy and Light that this was one of those things they shouldn’t question.


“Um… yeah,” Flutter said with a blush. “We got berries!” she told both of them.


“Oh that sounds nice,” Light said as he sat down next to them.


Pinkie was holding a raspberry in one of her paws, and a blueberry in the other. “Which one do you like the most?” she asked him.


“Raspberries,” Light said with a nod as he was wondering what Pinkie was doing.


“Ok,” Pinkie said before eating the blueberry and bringing the raspberry to Light’s lips.


“Um… what are you…” Before Light could finish, Pinkie stuck the raspberry in his mouth.


“Feeding you, silly!” Pinkie told him.


“I… um…” Light looked flustered as Pinkie went right ahead and fed him another one.


“Pinkie,” Flutter said, stopping her. “Are you ok?” she asked Light with worry.


“I… I’m just… not used to being fed like this,” Light said as he tried to keep his wings from stiffening.


“As long as you’re still ok,” Flutter told Light before taking a napkin and started to wipe the mess from his face.


Light’s blush only deeped as he felt Fluttershy wiping him so gently.


Flutter realised what she was doing, and how close she was to Light’s personal space. “Oh, I… I’m sorry,” she said with a blush.


“I… it’s okay…” Light said as he still looked flustered. “I just… I’m new… I mean…”


Flutter looked ashamed. “And I’m not being respectful.”


“T… that’s not true… I just… I am…” Light looked bashful as he started to feel rather dumb at how he was acting.


“I'm probably giving you anxiety?” Flutter asked.


“I… I just never… been on a date before,” Light said as he looked ashamed of himself. “I don’t know what’s normal or not.”


“No one is!” Pinkie said with a smile, trying to calm down the situation. “It’s just that we need to learn each other’s preferences and know where the line is for each other. You’re doing alright. I guess I am the one who came out a little strong,” Pinkie admitted.


Pinkie petted both of their backs, trying to make both of them feel better with each other.


“So… may I… ask a question?” Light asked nervously.


“Oh of course you can. What is it?” Flutter asked in her usual soft voice.


“Why me? I come into town and you two just jump all over me. Is it because I’m an alicorn, or were you asked by Celestia or Kirouac to try and make me feel loved? Just… why would you bother with me?” Light asked,feeling scared about what their answers may be.


Pinkie gasped, she couldn’t believe that Light could even think that.


“We weren’t told to date you, promise,” Flutter said.


“Then why do you two… care about me?” Light asked, looking uncertain.


They both started to list off what they each like about Light Heart, and why they wanted to try to have him take a chance on them.


Light’s eyes widened as they listed off so many positive things about him, even more things than he thought about. Light started to tear up as they talked about him so highly, explaining why they were so interested in him after a few days.


“So… What do you say Light?” Pinkie asked him.


“Would… Would you give us a chance with you?” Flutter asked.


Before either of them could react, Light hugged both of them tightly and started crying in their hooves, feeling like he was learning what a real romantic love was like.


Flutter snuggled into Light’s embrace.


Pinkie hugged them both tightly. “So… can I go back to feeding you?” she asked blush.


Light sniffled a little as he shrugged. “O… Only if you want to.”


“I do,” Pinkie said before slipping a raspberry to Light’s lips.


Light slowly started to relax as he allowed Pinkie to do what she wanted, still feeling Flutter hugging him.


“I’ll… I’ll get started making the sandwiches,” Flutter said before slipping off from them.


“Oh, I like a lot of dandelions on mine,” Light quickly added. “And sprouts if you have them.


“I know, I asked Flash’s dad,” Flutter told Light.


“Really? How did he know?” Light asked, looking confused.


"Flash's dad is the Stallion that makes the sandwiches at the cafeteria," Flutter explained.


“Oh… that explains it,” Light said, remembering ordering a sandwich once from him.


“It’s one way to start a date. By making their favourite sandwiches,” Pinkie said with a giggle.


Flutter giggled back. “Yeah…” she said while stacking up dandelions & sprouts together.


“So, what are your favorite sandwiches?” Light asked curiously.


“Lettuce and Cucumbers,” Flutter said with glee.


“Umm…” Pinkie thought about it. She didn’t want to tell him what type of Diamond Dog food she ate, especially since she would probably have to give them up if she wanted to date Light and Fluttershy. “Um… ha ha… Whipped-cream and… chocolate!”


“Okay… I can admittedly see that,” Light said with a shrug.


“Yeah…” Pinkie said, realizing that she would have to live with the lie.


Fluttershy looked at her friend nervously, having seen Pinkie eat before. “So… do you want to help me?”


“Um… Yes!” Pinkie said, before getting up, and leaving the box of raspberries in front of Light.


As Pinkie started helping Fluttershy, the kirin/zebra started whispering to her friend. “What are you doing? You know that you’re allergic to chocolate!”


“I panicked,” Pinkie admitted “I couldn’t think of anything else that would be appropriate, and he would believe that that’s something that I both like and eat on a day to day basis,” she said before poking her own chubby stomach.


“There are other kinds of dog food that have been developed. I know it took me a while to get used to you being a… meat eater, but I doubt he’d dump you right now,” Fluttershy whispered back.


“He lived in Canterlot, I doubt that eating ‘dog food’ would be normal for him, he would probably not want to kiss me if he knew,” Pinkie sighed, legitimately worried.


“Do you need a breath mint?” Fluttershy offered.


“Do I?” Pinkie asked before breathing on Flutter.


“Um… maybe one?” Fluttershy suggested while pulling one out of the picnic basket.


“Oh… sorry,” Pinkie said, her ear flopping down, before she took the mint in her mouth.


“Um, are you two okay?” Light asked as he started to get curious about what they were talking about.


“Oh… Um… Nothing!” Flutter said while stacking Light’s sandwich. “How tall do you want it?” she asked him.


“Enough so I will still be able to bite it,” Light answered, starting to look hungry as he was eating some more of the raspberries.


“Ah… ok,” Flutter said before turning back the sandwich, then back to Light. “How… how big is your mouth?”


“You don’t recall?” Pinkie asked Flutter, recalling when she saw her planting her lips on him when he almost drowned.


Light opened his mouth to a reasonable size to give her a reference. “That big.”


“Mhm… ok, I can add 3 more layers before placing the second slice of bread,” Flutter said with a bit of a giggle.


“It still can’t beat my record,” Pinkie added with a giggle of her own.


“Is that a challenge?” Light asked her.


“Well, I wanted to go for romance, but if you want to have fun,” Pinkie had a confident smile on her face before Flutter grabbed Light.


“Light, she can take bites out of sandwiches the size of you. Don’t challenge her,” Flutter warned cautiously.


“Ah good, now I have a worthy challenger,” Light said with a smile.


“Oh dear,” Fluttershy said as she saw Pinkie making her sandwich.


“To make it fair, I’m putting the same ingredients as yours,” Pinkie said, trying to dodge why she wasn’t eating chocolate.


“Alrighty,” Light said with a grin.


Pinkie added one extra layer on hers. “Ready?” she asked with a wink.


Light nodded as he got his sandwich. “Let’s do it!”


“Flutter, count us down,” Pinkie asked her.


“O… okay…” Flutter said before gulping. “Three, two, one…”


“Go!” Pinkie said before gulping down her sandwich.


Light was able to take a sizable bite, but wasn’t able to swallow the large sandwich whole.


Pinkie chewed her sandwich with glee and a big smile on her face.


As Light barely managed to finish his sandwich, he took a deep breath. “Well, it looks like I still have some physical limitations. How do you do this stuff?”


“She lived on a rock-farm, what do you think she ate?” Flutter asked Light.


Light was about to speak, but then he realized what the worst case scenario is. “Um… how about I take a turn spoiling you girls?” Light asked nervously.


“Yeah,” Pinkie said before hugging Light’s neck.


“Oh… how… How do you plan to do that?” Flutter asked him with a blush.


“How much fruit do you have?” Light asked bashfully.


“Umm… I did pack a lot,” Flutter admitted with another blush. “Both of you are hungry students,” she pointed out.


“So… maybe I can feed you two?” Light offered.


“Oh… ummm… If you want to,” Flutter said before rolling onto her back.


Pinkie squealed in excitement as she laid on Light’s other side.


Light gulped as he tried to think about how to do it. “Um… do you want me to use my magic or should I do it by hoof?”


“Um…” Flutter blushed. “Magic!?” she asked.


“Hoof, hoof!” Pinkie said with excitement.


“Oh… okay…” Light said, realizing he had to handle two methods at once. “What kind of fruit?”


“Blueberries!” Pinkie said.


“I, I don’t mind nibbling on a strawberry,” Flutter admitted.


“Okay… all I ask is for some forgiveness,” Light said as he got ready to feed the two mares.


“I forgive you,” Pinkie said, giving him bedroom eyes.


Light gulped as he carefully brought the pieces of fruit to the mares.


Pinkie swallowed them whole, while Flutter nibbled on hers.


Light felt rather nervous as he was feeding two girls who were into him at the same time. That was two more than he had ever thought he’d have.


While Pinkie was eating, she accidentally licked Light’s hoof.


Light gave a small gasp as he blushed deeply. “Oops… sorry!” Light said quickly, even though it wasn’t his fault.


“I…” Pinkie looked at how Light was feeling.


“You’re ok?” Flutter asked Light.


“Y… yeah. I’m fine,” Light said with a small nod as he went back to feeding them, feeling rather funny that he got licked.


“Are you sure?” Flutter asked.


“I… I’m fine…” Light said as he realized his wings started to stiffen a little more.


“Please let us know if we are making you uncomfortable,” Flutter asked him, before gently kissing his hoof.


“Eeep!” Light’s wings were now fully extended for the girls to see.


“Oh,” Flutter covered her face out of shame.


Pinkie held back her giggles and started to pet Fluttershy’s mane.


“S… sorry…” Light apologised bashfully, trying to make his wings go back down.


“No, no, it’s a natural reaction,” Flutter dismissed. “It’s… It’s my fault.”


“Well… It’s kinda hard to resist,” Light admitted with a blush.


“W… why?” Flutter asked, moving one hoof away from her face.


“Well… you both are very nice… and pretty… and…” Light looked worried as he tried to hide his own face.


“Aww,” Pinkie said while getting up. “Did you hear that Flutter?” she asked while getting to Light’s side, under his wing.


Fluttershy blushed as she joined her. “Y… yes…”


Light was now sandwiched between two lovely mares. He gave a soft gulp as he realized that he was growing very attached to these mares, whether he wanted to or not.


After a minute, Light cleared his throat. “So… what are we going to do now?”


“We can eat some more or go to the fair,” Flutter suggested. “Don’t worry, it’s not that loud,” she explained.


“Yeah… and we will be… close to you,” Pinkie said as she and Fluttershe both got the same idea and decided to try kissing Light on the cheek.


“Okay, I’ll pack up the basket,” Light said as he got up, making the girls miss Light and kiss each other.


Flutter blushed as she felt Pinkie’s lips on hers.


Pinkie smiled, feeling a bit happy that her first kiss on the lips was with her good friend.


Light was oblivious as he was putting the food away. “So, what kinds of things do they have at the fair?”


“Oh. um… Cute animals, little kiddie rides to go on...” Flutter said, trying to get her blush down.


“Sounds nice,” Light said as he thought about it.


“There's also cotton candy, caramel apples, and popcorn,” Pinkie said excitedly.


“Okay. Let’s go!” Light said happily as he finished packing the basket.


“Let me take that,” Pinkie said before putting the basket into her mane.


Light stared in disbelief as he tried to understand what just happened. “H… how…”


“Don’t question it,” Pinkie said before trying once more to kiss Light on the cheek.


Fluttershy jumped at the second chance as well, and this time they both hit their mark, making Light’s face go a bright red as his wings extended again.


“How was it?” Pinkie asked him, once more giving him bedroom eyes.


“I… I… I…” Light was in a daze for a moment before falling on his back.


“Oh no Flutter, quick kiss him on the lips once more!" Pinkie told her.


Light instantly shot up again, breathing heavily as he fully realized what happened and what she suggested. “W… what?!?”


“Yeah, Light is back among us,” Pinkie said, waving her paws in the air before hugging Light’s body.


Light was still blushing deeply as he was now being hugged. As Fluttershy joined her, Light had a single thought go through his mind. ‘Sweet Celestia! I’m in love!’


Spike pulled the chair for Rarity with his magic, who still hadn’t realised that she was still in her changeling form, and that the supportive cheers she was getting were for that and not for dating Celestia’s son.


“There you are. And are you comfortable?” Spike asked kindly, always wanting to be helpful to Rarity.


“I am,” Rarity said with a smile. “Ever since we started this date, I feel far... Better!” she said with a smile, not realising that she wasn’t exerting any magic to hide her changeling form.


Spike refused to address it, and actually still found it attractive. “I’m glad to hear that. So, this is your favorite diner?”


Rarity nooded. “Yes, I like to eat here at least 2 times a week,” she explained.


“I see. I guess everything here is to die for,” Spike said with a smile.


“Oh, a lady like Moi would never resort to murder,” she said, placing her hoof on her chest, her clothes stopping her to realize that she didn’t have skin but a hard shell.


Spike nervously smiled as he tried to start damage control, thinking she found out that she wasn’t changed. “Don’t panic. I don’t mind you being this way. It adds an extra glow to your skin.”


Rarity tilted her head not understanding what he was talking about.


Spike took her confusion as a cue that he was wrong. “I… I was talking about the dress. Silver looks amazing on you, and the diamonds look fantastic.”


“Oh, thank you Spiky-wiky!” Rarity said with a blush.


“So, what would you recommend for lunch?” Spike asked, letting her still be in charge.


“Oh you have to try the Daisy Cappuccino, it comes in chocolate, vanilla or strawberry,” Rarity told him with a smile.


“I think I will go strawberry. I’m trying to watch my diet more,” Spike explained as he started looking at the menu.


“Aww, and here I was hoping that you would take vanila!” Rarity side while making a cute pouty face.


“Well… if you insist,” Spike said with a small smile.


“But only if you want to,” Rarity said while turning her head to her side.


“For you, anything,” Spike said, looking at her, sighing longingly as he now believed that he was the luckiest pony in the world.


“Let’s call the waiter,” Rarity said with a loving smile on her face. “Oh, Omakase!” she called out.


“Is that the name of the waiter?” Spike asked curiously.


Rarity nodded. “Yes, he is very good at what he does,” she explained.


“Oh… Okay,” Spike said as he realized that he needed to try and keep anybody else from revealing that Rarity was in her normal form.


A beige colored earth-stallion went to their table, he flicked his short brown mane and trunned to Rarity. “Ah, Rarity!” he said in a Prench accent, before reverting to his normal changeling form. “It is nice to see you! What can I get pour toi?”


“A vanilla Daisy Cappuccino for me, and a strawberry one for my date,” Rarity said sweetly.


Omakase nodded “Ok, and to eat?” He placed his hoof on his forehead, and closed his eyes “Rarity wants... soft, sweet, with a little kick before the end, and for you, young man, you want what she’s having,” he said, a little surprised about that.


Spike blushed when he said that. “Are you psychic?”


Omakase shook his head. “No, I’m just good at telling what each customer is in the mood for,” he said before laughing, pointing at his changeling holes.


“Hm… you’ve gotten better lately,” Rarity said with a smile.


“And you have a new boyfriend. Does he seem nice?” he asked cryptically.


“Oh, I have a feeling that this is the one,” Rarity said, earning a deep blush from Spike.


“I can see that!” Omakase said.


“So, what would you recommend for lunch?” Spike asked, glad that this waiter wasn’t pointing out that Rarity wasn’t disguised.


“Mhm… how about the starheart sandwich, it’s very good,” Omakase said with a smirk.


Rarity giggled.


“Okay. I’m guessing that Rarity wants the same thing?” Spike asked curiously.


“That was for Rarity, but if you want to,” Omakase said, turning to Spike.


“You did say that I’d want what she wanted,” Spike pointed out.


“Yes, you want what she wants, but is what she wants what you want?” Omakase asked Spike.


Spike looked confused by that. “What do you mean?”


“If you only want what she wants because it’s what she wants, how do you know that what she wants is what you want?” Omakase explained.


“Yeah… I’m still confused,” Spike admitted.


“He’s very zen like that,” Rarity explained.


“I felt your desire change while I was naming out what Rarity was in the mood for,” Omakase explained.


“Oh… then what would you recommend?” Spike asked nervously as he was trying to translate what was on the menu.


“That you follow your own heart,” Omakase told him.


“I meant to eat,” Spike pointed out.


“As did I,” Omakase said. “What you really want is something that is healthy, easy on the stomach, and has a savory taste to it.”


Rarity blushed at that. “Oh…”


“So, what would you suggest?” Spike asked again.


“An F.S.S.” Omakase told Spike.


“What’s that?” Spike asked curiously as he looked through the menu.


“Fruit-Salad Sandwich!” Omakase explained.


“Oh… that sounds tasty,” Spike said with a nod. “I’ll try it.”


“I knew you would,” Omakase said before walking off.


“So, is he a good friend of yours?” Spike asked as he set the menu aside.


“Oh… yes. Changeling support group,” Rarity explained.


“I see. And that explains why this is one of your favorite diners,” Spike said before looking around. “And the atmosphere is better here too. In Canterlot you get plates of food that are tiny, overprinced, and lacking in flavor. The decoration is also extremely bland in those restaurants too. That’s why I usually ate in the castle.”


“Well we only have 1 of those problems.” Rarity said with a blush. “But he isn’t why I like it here.”


“Oh? Why?” Spike asked curiously.


“The atmosphere, and the opposite of one of the problems you have in Canterlot,” Rarity explained.


“Free food?” Spike asked.


Rarity laughed. “Oh Spike.”


“Am I right?” Spike asked with a giggle.


“Think of where you are?” Rarity asked him.


“I am. Free food,” Spike repeated.


“Every restaurant has free food here, I wouldn’t know any other way,” Rarity explained.


“So, what do you have planned after this?” Spike asked curiously.


“That for me to know, and you to find out,” Rarity said before kissing Spike’s cheek.


Spike’s spine shivered as he felt her lips on his cheek. “I like the sound of that.”


Rarity nodded before biting down on her lip.


“So, how do you think Twi and Light are doing?” Spike asked, wanting to make some small talk.


“I bet that Twilight is having a most lovely dinner and event, as for Light, I just hope that his mane has stayed down,” Rarity said with worry.


Spike gave a small chuckle when he heard that. “No offence, but nothing can save that mane of his. Twilight even tried a couple of spells on it, and now hair spells have to be done under supervision of a teacher,” he explained with a giggle.


“Well I did, with some jell from Zebrica, as long as he listened to me and kept going slow, he should be ok,” Rarity said.


“I’m willing to bet that he will end up messing it up, but I think that we should focus a bit on each other now.” Spike suggested with a smile as he kept his eyes on Rarity.


“Yes, you’re right,” Rarity said with a smile.


“So, would you be okay with joining me to Canterlot someday? I can promise a lot of privacy to make sure that you remain out of the spotlight if you wish,” Spike offered.


“Oh I don’t mind that,” Rarity said, her changeling eyes looking attentively at Spike.


“Yeah… if I become prince, I will make it a law that half-breeds will be treated with respect, with acts of violence against them being harshly punished,” Spike said, knowing that if the world found out about Rarity, he could possibly lose her.


“Oh…” Rarity cooed while she placed her hoof on his, her eyes closed into his, and not on her hole filled legs. “Tell me what you’re going to do to them if they hurt me, our friends, or even worse, FlutterShy.” she asked, a tear falling for her animal loving friend.


“Then it will be the darkest pits of Tartarus for them,” Spike said firmly, willing to go almost as far as Light would to protect his new love.


“Oh tell me more,” Rarity asked to literally feel it and taste it as he spoke.


“You’d have your own guard, loyal and devoted to protecting you. MoonRacer would become our greatest ally, and the world will walk in the new pathway that we shall lay,” Spike said as he decided to return an earlier favor and kiss her cheek.


“And I would bear you many children,” Rarity said with confidence, happy that changelings could do both live birth or eggs. “Those we would have to find a way to make them share your kingdom,” she said thinking about it. “What else?”


“Well… I don’t think I’ve gotten farther than that,” Spike admitted. “But I feel we should look at the now for a minute.”


“Yes…” Rarity said dreamingly before placing her hoof on her cheek.


“Um… I meant our food is here,” Spike said with some embarrassment as the waiter came back.


“F.S.S. for the gentle-colt, and the starheart sandwich for Lady Madam,” Omakase said.


“Oh… thank you Omakase,” Rarity said as she snapped out of her love fueled trance.


Omakase smiled. “Well I’ll leave you two love-birds alone.”


Spike nodded as he started to eat his sandwich. “So, what else do you want to talk about? It’s only fitting we learn a little more about each other while we are out here.”


“Well… I don’t know my birth parents, and I guess that is something that we share. I.. was adopted as well. My adoptive parents were unicorns who were… less than refined. They thought they couldn’t have kids, so they adopted me. About six years later, they had Sweetie Bell, who grew up wanting to look like me, saving the holes. She’s a sweet kid, but she’s a little… off...”


“Off” Spike asked. “How off?”


“Well… you know how there are some extremely rare recessive genes?” Rarity asked.


“Yes?” Spike asked, remembering the class.


“And have you ever heard of sirens?” Rarity added.


“Umm… yes.” Spike said not liking where this was going.


“Well, they are a rare breed that can manipulate ponies with their ability to sing. They would… abuse this power in certain ways, but since ponies can’t physically birth sirens, there would seemingly be little to no consequence. However, if the affected pony has a child with another pony within a certain time, they are able to gain some of those genes. Now, a lot of those genes are recessive to ponies, but they can travel for a long time.” Rarity started to explain.


“Don't tell me your little sister became an evil mind controller supervillain,” Spiked asked with great worry.


“No… but she can get you lost in her music. Luckily, she has no care for evil, no knowledge of being able to fully control ponies, and just likes singing,” Rarity finished explaining as she took a sip of her drink.


“Isn’t that worse?” Spike asked.


“No, she’s stage shy and mainly sings in private,” Rarity explained. “It’s more like a nuisance than a real problem.”


“So she doesn’t even know if she accidentally mind controls someone to do something against their will,” Spike pointed out.


“Oh, she can get ponies in a trance, but she can’t control them,” Rarity said with a small giggle.


“What can she do, or… What can she have them do?” Spike asked.


“Get them to watch until she finishes. Nothing more than that,” Rarity said as she took a small bite out of her sandwich.


“Oh… should I be concerned?”


“Spikie, have I given any indication that she should be feared at all costs?” Rarity asked with a raised eyebrow.


“It starts with her wanting to be heard, then asking for all the cookies, and then.." Spike was about to finish but he was stopped by Rarity placing a hoof in his lips.


“She can only put you in a trance while she is singing, and isn’t anywhere near powerful enough to order you to do stuff. It’s annoying, but she has the common sense not to use it maliciously,” Rarity explained firmly.


“But what if she gets more powerful?” Spike asked.


“I don’t think she wants to bother with the whole take over the world thing, but don’t worry, Light can always handle her.” Rarity suggested.


“Why? Because he’s an alicorn!?” Spike asked.


“No. You see, autistic ponies process senses differently than other ponies, like sound, light, and things like that. Surprisingly, it’s the one way not to get in a trance without having to be deaf or use magic,” Rarity explained calmly.


“So… wait, what?” Spike asked. “Light and Flash would both be immune to it!?”


“Yeah, but then again, every rule has exceptions,” Rarity reminded him.


Spike gulped with a shrug. “So… does she have any… friends?”


“A couple of fellow blank flanks,” Rarity explained with a small giggle. “They call themselves the cutie mark crusaders.”


“Oh, did I already meet some of them?” Spike asked.


“Have you met Applejack’s younger sister?” Rarity asked curiously.


“Umm… maybe. Describe her?” Spike asked.


“She has this ribbon from her parents that she always has on,” Rarity said, figuring it would be easy just to state her defining feature.


“A… yes, I think… Yes, she ran past me a few days ago,” Spike said.


“That’s one of them. As for Scootaloo… did you see a little orange pegasus with a purple mane, that had her back legs missing, and replaced with wheels?”


“Um… I haven’t met her,” Spike admitted, worried about why a little pony would be missing two legs.


Rarity paused. “She’s a big fan of Rainbow Dash. She dreams to be like her, literally.”


“S... she wants to fly… with no hind hooves?” Spike asked, not liking the sound of her odds.


“That’s not all…” Rarity said.


“What do you mean by that? Does she want to become part griffin?” Spike asked.


Rarity nodded.


“Oh… dear…” Spike said with a gulp. “I… don’t suppose you have potions that change your race too?”


“Umm… have you met Cotton, Cotton-Rose?” Rarity asked. “Well you have met her colt-friend.”


“You mean the scientist that Light and Twilight talked about?” Spike asked. “The one that wants to unlock genetic potential?”


Rarity nodded. “Yes. But according to her she could only do that with what your ancestors were,” Rarity explained.


“So Scootaloo is praying that there is some griffon blood in her?” Spike asked as he tried to think about this science that was beyond his understanding.


Rarity nodded. “Yes, though... She is thinking about taking a changeling’s DNA to unlock the rest,” she said with a bit of sorrow.


“Ouch… maybe we should leave the science to the scientists?” Spike suggested as he finished his sandwich.


“Yeah...” Rarity said with sorrow and sadness in her voice.


“Hey, don’t worry about it. You’re beautiful just as you are,” Spike tried to assure her.


“Oh… you’re just... saying that,” Rarity said, while feeling how he felt about her.


“Search your senses. You know it’s true,” Spike said as he petted her mane.


“I…” Rarity couldn’t deny how he felt about her. “But… would you keep saying that if you have to look at my ugly… changeling form, instead of my lovely unicorn form?”


“Ugly? That word doesn’t fit with you in any form. I could gladly look at you in either form and still see that beautiful heart of yours. You’re always beautiful, no matter what form you are in,” Spike said as he still knew that he liked how she looked in both forms.


Tears started to fall from Rarity’s eyes.


Spike blushed as he leaned forward towards her. “You do know that I love you for more than looks, right?”


“I… I know, but can you stand having to wake up seeing… my changeling form?” Rarity asked him.


“I could stare at it all day with no problem,” Spike said as he did the Pinkie promise.


“You’re just saying that,” Rarity told him.


“Nope. I Pinkie promised. And nopony breaks a Pinkie promise, especially not a prince talking to his princess,” Spike said with conviction as he petted Rarity’s cheek.


“I… I…” Rarity leaned closer to Spike, looking longingly in his eyes.


Spike shared the same look as he leaned forward too. “Rarity… I love you…”


“I… I know...” Rarity closed her eyes and locked lips with him.


Spike felt fireworks going off in his head as Rarity took his first kiss on the lips, causing him to moan happily and hug her tightly.


Rarity slowly backed away from the kiss with a gasp and a smile on her face, feeling all of the love he had for her. “Oh... Spike!” she said lovingly, placing one of her hoofs on his cheek.


Spike was blushing deeply as he was starting to lose care for Canterlot, longing more for Rarity’s embrace.


Rarity paused when she noticed her hoof had holes in it. “Oh!? It seems that your kiss caused me to lose focus.”


“Really? I didn’t notice,” Spike admitted, still looking at Rarity with a loving gaze.


Rarity noticed how calm Spike was. “Why aren’t you surprised?” Rarity asked Spike.


“You… promise you won’t freak out?” Spike asked as he gently stroked her cheek.


Rarity was about to change back to her unicorn form, but stopped herself, nodded and listened. “I… I won’t.”


“You… may have lost focus since before the date,” Spike admitted. “And again, you look beautiful either way.”


“I… what? At what time?” Rarity asked, being a bit nervous.


“Before I stepped into the room to check on you. I didn’t want you to freak out, so I never mentioned it. I even made sure we got out of there before Sleipnir and Shark showed up,” Spike explained as he kept petting her. “That, and I thought you looked lovely.”


“I… I have been… and you have… Without wincing and cringing!?” Rarity asked him.


“Why would I?” Spike asked as he gently pulled her a little closer. “Why would I find my love ugly? To quote some poetry that mom used to read me, your skin sparkles like diamonds, and your heart shines brighter by far.”


“I…” Rarity was tearing up once more.


“Rarity. You are beautiful, and I’m not losing you for any reason,” Spike promised her again as he brought her in close.


Rarity once more locked lips with Spike adding her tongue into the kiss.


Spike’s eyes widened as the new element that was added into this kiss, but he soon relaxed and enjoyed the feeling of this long and slender tongue.


Rarity hugged and petted Spikes back, not wanting to lose him.


After a minute, the couple pulled away from the kiss, breathing heavily. “I… I think this is going to be a pattern,” Spike said between breaths.


“A happy one?” she asked him, while petting his cheek once more.


Spike paused for a moment before smiling. “Why not?” He said before bringing Rarity into one more kiss.