• Published 14th Mar 2020
  • 705 Views, 21 Comments

That time my OC got turned into a waifu - Leondude



A drug-abusing, morally ambiguous unicorn stallion gets transported into another world and turned into a very attractive human female. He has mixed feelings about this but would rather go back home.

  • ...
8
 21
 705

Chapter 7 - Unaccommodating Accommodations

Day became night and Lion needed a place to stay. Unfortunately for him, he didn't have it in him to say he had no place to go in this world, mainly because it would be very difficult to explain to everybody else how he's actually a unicorn stallion that had turned into a hot human girl. But luckily for him, Sunset was willing enough to give him $50 dollars and a hotel for him to stay in. It was a surprisingly rainy night as Lion stood outside what he hoped would be the hotel. He could tell from the look of the hotel that it was certainly no five-star. It didn't even look that stylish either, which was depressing since it had a fancy name like 'Château de arnaquer'. Seeing no other options, he walked up to the hotel and rang the buzzer.

"Welcome to the Château de arnaquer," a voice said "How may we help you?"

"Hello there," Lion replied, "I booked a hotel room for the night and I was wondering if you could let me in, please?"

"Sorry, we don't have any available rooms."

"What?!"

"When did you book your room, may I ask?"

"About eleven o'clock. Why?"

"Hmm. See, you were supposed to be here an hour ago."

"What time is it?"

"Forty-seven minutes past one in the morning."

"Give me a break, will ya?! I'm new to this place! You can't expect me to instantly know my way around, can you?!"

"Well, I'm afraid that's your problem, not ours."

"Do I at least get my money back?"

"Sorry, no refunds."

"You do know I could sue you for fraud, right?"

With the exception of the rain, there was not a sound between Lion and the voice.

"On second thoughts," the voice said "We'll let you in. But only because we don't want you getting wet."

The hotel door opened up, revealing a thin man with a red bushy moustache and hair the same colour, but with a few stripes of white. The man wore a black bowtie and a white shirt with blue stripes.

"Make yourself cozy on the floor," the man said.

Lion walked into the hotel. The chill of the tiled floor went from his feet all the way up to his spine.

"You can't be serious," Lion said to the moustached man.

"Oh, but we are," the man replied, "Unless you wish to spend another $20 for a room?"

Lion glared at the man before him.

"I am not paying another twenty bucks for a room I already paid for," Lion spat at the man.

"It's only twenty dollars," the man replied, "That is quite the bargain, considering how we charge our customers $50 dollars per night."

Lion shrugged his shoulders and made his way towards the door, preparing to leave this scam of a hotel.

"Honestly," Lion said "I'm better off finding a bus to sleep in. Then I'll get around to telling everypo-body about what atrocious services you provide."

The man tugged at his shirt neck and chuckled nervously as beads of sweat dripped from his head.

"Maybe I could speak to my old brother of mine about this."

The man walked into what Lion presumed was his office. Inside the office was another man that looked exactly like the man that just entered, sans moustache. The two men whispered back and forth amongst themselves as Lion crossed his arms and tapped his foot impatiently. Soon enough, the two men turned towards Lion.

"We have decided to give you a fine room, my fine traveller," the non-moustached man said.

The two men walked towards Lion and gave him a keycard. It had a big number two on it.

"Here's your key for Room Two, which is just down the hall and is the first room down your left. Oh, and as a quick reminder, we will ask you to leave the room and return the key at ten AM."

"Duly noted," Lion replied.

Lion walked down the hall. He was annoyed at having to deal with all that nonsense and even more annoyed that he couldn't have a lie-in. Then again, it wasn't like Twilight and her friends had the privilege of a lie-in in this world since they are still in school. Lion walked to his room and swiped down the keycard to unlock the room. When he entered, he was surprised that the room he booked was surprisingly neat. He had seen better hotel rooms but he was thankful that it wasn't a rat-infested shithole that he was afraid of entering. There was even a TV at the end of his bed and a radiator right near the bed. He tucked himself into the bed and tried to close his eyes. It was very difficult for him to get to sleep since he didn't have his medicine nor his cuddly toy with him, but the thought of him not staying in this world for long was enough to comfort him.


Lion was slightly awake in the bed he was in, trying to fall back to sleep again. He felt a small tingling in one of his feet. Thinking it was just his feet going numb, he rolled to his side and curled up slightly. The sensation returned, causing him to slightly toss and turn at slight intervals. Curious as to what the sensation was, and hoping he didn't get frostbite or accidentally burn his feet on the radiator, he slowly opened one of his eyes. There was a small wet patch on the bed he was sleeping in, with the rain dripping through the roof and onto that particular spot on the bed.

"What the Tartarus?" Lion said to himself.

He heard shuttering sounds in the room. They were the sounds of a camera taking photographs. Lion turned towards the source of the sound and noticed a person wearing a raincoat taking photographs with her phone. The person turned around and revealed herself to be Twilight Sparkle.

"How did you get in here?" Lion asked.

"I used this," Twilight replied as she pulled out a small rectangular device from one of her coat pockets "Figured it would be more practical than breaking the door open as most people would do."

"Couldn't you have just used your magic or something to get in here?"

"I could but I figured it would be best to keep magic-using to a bare minimum unless I want to..."

Twilight looked around anxiously before walking towards Lion, crouching down and covering her mouth.

"Get kidnapped and experimented on by the CIA," Twilight whispered.

Lion stifled back a chuckle, not because the idea of a magical girl like Twilight getting kidnapped by the CIA is ridiculous, but because he read a comic that had a minor but memorable character who was part of an organization with the same acronym and was talking to this scientist. If he recalled correctly, the character's exact words were 'Doctor Parker, I'm CIA'. And since this Twilight seemed like the mad scientist type, he couldn't resist the temptation to paraphrase that quote.

"Why are you laughing?" Twilight asked.

"Doctor Sparkle, I'm CIA," Lion replied before belting out a jolly good laugh.

"I hope you're not!" Twilight said anxiously as she pulled out a taser from the same coat pocket she got the door-unlocking device from.

"Relax, I was joking!" Lion said defensively "It was a quote from a comic I read."
"Oh. My bad," Twilight said as she put the taser away before turning her head away and rubbing her arm in embarrassment "What comic was it?"

"Ever heard of something called Power Ponies: The Fire Rises?"

"I don't think I have."

"It was this Power Ponies event where this big bad guy called Venenum escaped from Tartarus and had a plan to take down the Power Ponies because evil and stuff. And that's all I'm going to say because what happens halfway through the story will shock you."

"I'll be sure to read it if I find it."

"Sweet. Oh, speaking of comics, have I ever told you that I have worked part-time as a comic writer?"

"Have you?"

"Yep. It's how I got my Cu-"

Before Lion could finish his sentence, he quickly realized that the humans in this world are not ponies and therefore blank flanks. Sometimes, he wondered to himself if the universe he was from was inherently prejudiced if they allow ponies to know their true calling in life and not other creatures.

"Ool writing style," Lion said, finishing his sentence.

"What kind of comics have you worked on?" Twilight asked "Did you work for any big companies or did you just do indie comics?"

"Indie comics," Lion replied "Although I won't deny it would be cool to work for some big names like Enchanted Comics."

Twilight tilted her head in confusion.

"You never heard of Enchanted Comics?" Lion asked.

"I think I heard Sunset mention it a few times," Twilight replied "When you said big names, I was thinking more along the lines of Marvel or DC."

"Yeah, would you believe me if I told you I never heard of those companies?" Lion asked, his face blushing with embarrassment.

"I would say that's impossible but, given the existence of manga in Japan and manhua in China, the idea of someone not being that familiar with DC and Marvel in this day and age doesn't sound as crazy as one would presume," Twilight replied "Well, maybe a little bit crazy due to movies based on those properties getting exported to places like China and Japan."

"Well, since that I'm new here, perhaps you could tell me which one is the best out of the two."

"There's no way of saying which one is the best. Unless you factor in cinematic universes, in that case, Marvel is better than DC by a long-shot. But I'm going to have to go with Marvel on this one courtesy of creating the Fantastic Four and Spider-Man."

"And what are those like?"

"Well, the Fantastic Four features this quadrio of superheroes consisting of Mr Fantastic, The Thing, Human Torch and Invisible Woman while Spider-Man focuses on this high-school student named Peter Parker who got bitten by a radioactive spider and can now climb up walls and use his 'Spidey-Sense' to sense danger. And since most superheroes at the time were like deities that the people could look up to and aspire to be, the idea of a group of heroes that audiences can relate to was quite revolutionary. Oh, and there was a recent issue where Mr Fantastic diagnoses himself with a mild case of autism and, since I myself have Asperger's and I'm a scientist like him, I found that to be a happy coincidence. Although I can't say I condone him trying to find a cure, especially since it doesn't really affect him nor the plot that much and he did say his was self-diagnosed while I was diagnosed by a professional when I was three."

The TV emitted an electric spark, startling both Twilight and Lion.

"Any chance we can continue this conversation somewhere else?" Lion asked.

"Just as soon as I can get you a refund," Twilight replied, "Or, failing that, as soon as I report this place and have it shut down."

Author's Note:

Fun fact: This chapter was loosely based on an experience me and my mum had in London due to a cock-up with the bookings. Was supposed to go in another Premier Inn (we moved from one Premier Inn hotel to another during our holidays in London) but there was a mess up and we had to wait until the room we booked was available or something like that. So with nowhere to go and needing somewhere to spend the night, we looked for a cheap place to stay in.

Thank God we didn't have to stay in that hotel for long and got to relax in a nice Premier Inn.

Also, shout-out to Doctor Parker/Doctor Grant/Advocatus Diaboli.