• Published 16th Dec 2019
  • 1,516 Views, 78 Comments

A Cozy Tale - Leondude



Ever wondered what Cozy Glow's parents are like and what happened to them? Ever wondered why Cozy Glow became the power-hungry filly she is now? Now is another possible answer to those questions.

  • ...
3
 78
 1,516

Chapter 21 - A Visit from Auntie Ribbon

Cozy sat in the living room, bored out of her gourd. While she was glad that her dad had left to do his job and was generous enough to send the school a note saying she was still recovering from her broken wing, it left her with more free time than she knew what to do with. She could write another letter to Tirek but she couldn't think of anything to ask him. Then she heard a knock on the door. While her wing was still sore from when her dad dislocated it, she managed to hover over and see who's there through the peep hole. It was a unicorn that bore a striking resemblance to her mother but with some key differences. Her eyes were purple instead of emerald and her coat was a darker shade of pink. Her mane was shorter and more curlier, with a few light streaks not that dissimilar to the ones in Cozy's own mane.

"Can I help you?" Cozy asked.

"Hey, Cozy," the pony said, "Is your mom inside? I need her for something."

"She's not here," Cozy replied.

"Can I come in?" the pony asked.

"Do I know you?" Cozy asked.

"It's your aunt, Royal Ribbon," the pony replied.

"Who?" Cozy asked.

"I was at your baby shower," Ribbon replied, "We had a Hearth's Warming dinner last year."

Having nothing better to do, Cozy shrugged and gently opened the door before fluttering down onto the floor.

"Thank you," Ribbon said, "I knew my sister and I didn't get along but you'd think she would tell you who I am after all these years."

"You and mom didn't get along?" Cozy asked.

"We've made up last year but we had a fight about whether she'd look good in a ribbon," Ribbon replied, "She said she didn't want anypony messing with her hair but if it ain't got a ribbon, you sure won't be winnin'."

"Golly. It's a good thing I'm an only child," Cozy said before giggling.

"Where's your dad?" Ribbon asked.

"He's out working," Cozy replied.

As she chatted with Cozy Glow, a thought popped into Ribbon's head.


"Hey, wait a minute," Ribbon said, "Shouldn't you be in school?"

"Yeah and no," Cozy replied, "I broke my wing not long ago so I have to stay in here until it gets all better."
Ribbon looked at Cozy's wing, "Looks fine to me."

"I dunno," Cozy said while rubbing her wing with her hoof, "It feels really sore. So, what did you need mommy for?"

"I have a dress that I want her to try on," Ribbon replied.

"Is it for the Grand Galloping Gala?" Cozy asked.

"Nope," Ribbon replied, "Stopped going to those after the Smooze incident. Since there's always some kind of disaster at the Grand Galloping Gala, is it any wonder your mom doesn't go to those things? I swear, it's like the princess herself stages them or something."

"So...what's the dress for?" Cozy asked.

"Why, it's for the first ever Friendship Festival," Ribbon replied, "Thought your mom might have wanted to come. Speaking of which, where is she, anyway?"

Cozy shrugged, "I dunno."

"Huh," Ribbon said, "That's not like her to leave you all by your own. I even had to cover for her at one time because you got sick."

"Ooh, now I remembered where she went!" Cozy said excitedly, "She had to go to the hospital."

Ribbon sighed, "I bet it had something to do with your dad."

"What do you mean?" Cozy asked.

"Let's just say he really likes his apple juice," Ribbon replied.

Before Ribbon could say anymore, she heard a creak of the door. She turned her head and saw Facade entering the house.

"Speak of the draconequus," Ribbon said.

Facade chuckled, "You know, I actually met one of those. Put a restraining order on him so he doesn't embarrass me in public."

"Wait, you can actually put a restraining order on that guy?" Ribbon asked in surprise, "And he obeys it?!"

"Well, when you're as influential as I am, you can make quite a lot of noise until you get what you want," Facade replied.

"I wouldn't say you're that influential," Ribbon said with a smirk, "You're more like a C-lister."

"Anyway, what brings you by my neck of the woods?" Facade asked.

"I was going to ask my sister if she wanted to come to Equestria's first ever Friendship Festival with me but she's at the hospital," Ribbon replied.

"Yeah, she and Cozy had a pretty serious accident," Facade said casually.

Ribbon glared at Facade, "Right. Accident."

"Now that you're here and I need somepony to look after Cozy, I was wondering you could look after her for me while I do my job," Facade requested.

"Anything to keep her out of your hooves," Ribbon replied bitterly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Facade asked.

Ribbon trotted closer to Facade and leaned towards his ear, "If I ever see you lay a hoof on my sister or her child, I will do everything in my power to make sure you rot in Tartarus. And don't think I won't have any evidence because trust me, I will."

Ribbon trotted out of the door, with Cozy hovering right behind her.

"Great," Facade muttered to himself, "Now the other one's like it."


Dear Tirek

I'm finally out of the house! Woohoo! If I'm lucky, I might be able to live with Auntie Ribbon forever. You know, as long as she isn't a jerk like my dad or a wimp like my mom. Hey, since you and Discord used to be buddies, do you have any tips on friendship? My aunt and I are going to the Friendship Festival and I was wondering if there was a way in which I can make friends with everypony else. Don't worry, I'm not gonna get attached to anypony. Trust me, I don't wanna be like my mom. It's not I have to like my new friends. I just have to act nice to them, right? Worked for my dad when he and mom got married.

Your Faithful Friend,
Cozy Glow

Author's Note:

For those wondering who Royal Ribbon is, she's usually a background pony in the actual show:

And before you ask, there's no evidence in the show that suggests her and Cozy Glow are related. I just simply made that connection because they have similar hair