• Published 16th Dec 2019
  • 1,516 Views, 78 Comments

A Cozy Tale - Leondude



Ever wondered what Cozy Glow's parents are like and what happened to them? Ever wondered why Cozy Glow became the power-hungry filly she is now? Now is another possible answer to those questions.

  • ...
3
 78
 1,516

Chapter 20 - A Different Lesson

Dear Cozy Glow,

While I have tried to overthrow my father by becoming an indomitable force far more powerful than him, you are probably aware of how that plan turned out. Want my advice? Don't. Trust. Anyone. I thought my brother would never betray me and yet he considered his friendship with the ponies more important than my conquest for their power. Even Discord gave up his desire to turn Equestria into his own playground because of his precious Fluttershy and even then, all it took was the right words for hi and I to form a temporary alliance. Why the princesses of Equestria thought he was worthy of reformation and I wasn't is beyond me. He only spent a year as my cell-mate while I'm stuck in here for all of eternity. Not that I wanted him to spend all of eternity with me because, if that one year was anything to go by, he was the worst cellmate ever. How was it that he got to keep his chaotic powers and I didn't? And every time I tried to take his power for myself like I did last time, he activated the tickle belt he put on me. To this day, I still get phantom tickles.
You're probably bored of me rambling on about my misfortune so I'll pass onto you another word of advice. Don't form attachments to anyone. Unless you have a grandma who encourages your ambition. That is the only exception.

Sincerely,
Lord Tirek

While Cozy was annoyed that Tirek didn't give her any advice on how to get rid of her dad nor to overthrow Celestia, she giggled as she read about Tirek's misfortune in Tartarus. The bit about the tickle belt being her favourite. Who would have thought that the mighty Lord Tirek was such a loser?

Unfortunately, her entertainment was about to be cut short as her father entered the room.

"For Celestia's sake, would you keep it down?!" Facade irately asked.

"Ever thought of not drinking, Dad?" Cozy replied dryly, "Maybe you'll feel better."

Facade lifted Cozy into the air and slammed her into the wall, the impact leaving a crack in the wall. He pulled a knife out from the other room and held it to Cozy's throat.

"You know you can't talk to your dad like that," Facade said coldly, "And if I were you, I'd suggest you stop squirming unless you want to get cut."

Facade moved the knife even closer to Cozy's throat, "Let's make things very clear. I owe one of my friends a lot of money and if I don't pay up in a week, he's going to break my legs. So why don't you be a good daughter and help your dad out?"

"Is this why I'm having a day off school?" Cozy asked.

"Yep," Facade replied as he put away the knife, "And if you do your job right, then maybe we could go out for ice cream. Do you still like ice cream?"

Cozy pondered at her dad's offer, "What kind of ice cream?"

"Any kind you like."

"Chocolate with rainbow sprinkles."

"Done."

Facade released Cozy and trotted behind her, placing his hoof on her back, "Open wide."

"Wh-," Cozy tried to ask before having a book shoved in her mouth.

"I'd say this might hurt but you're probably used to it now," Facade said as he pushed down harder and used his magic to dislocate one of Cozy's wings.


As she was being trollied along by her dad, Cozy scowled at him. She knew the first thing he was going to do to her after her mommy was gone was to hurt her.

"What are you looking at me like that for?" Facade asked, "I'll pop it back in as soon as we get the money."

"You better," Cozy muttered.

"And if anypony asks, just tell them you were trying to do a Wonderbolts stunt," Facade said.

"Wonder-what?" Cozy asked.

"You don't know who the Wonderbolts are?" Facade asked, "Did your mother ever let you outside when you're not going to school?"

"No, because you used to beat the snot out of her whenever she spent anything on me," Cozy bitterly replied.

"Yeah, best not to tell anypony else that," Facade said quietly, "Otherwise, I'll break the other wing."

Facade and Cozy arrived at the house of one of their neighbours. Facade knocked on the door, to which he was greeted by a mare wearing a Prench hat and had a curly chesnut brown mane.

"Hi, Shining," Lotus said, "Did your wife tell you the good news?"

"What good news?" Facade asked.

"She finally finished her novel," Lotus replied, "I saw her bolting out the door last night. Don't think I've seen her that excited since she was pregnant with Cozy Glow."

"I didn't see her last night," Facade said, his lips trembling.

"Oh," Lotus said.

"That would explain why Cozy was all alone and there was a bookshelf on one of wings and she was screaming and there were books everywhere and my wife was nowhere to be seen!" Facade said rapidly before pretending to cry, "So if you have any money to spare for the medical bill, I would appreciate it.

Cozy watched her dad as he rubbed his eyes and bleated like a sheep in his attempts at crying. There weren't even any tears. She had seen actors in pantomime do a more convincing job at being sad than what her dad was doing. Whoever hired him to act in any of their plays must have been a chump.

"I'll see if I have any bits to spare," Lotus said as she trotted back into her house.

After he finished his performance, Facade turned around and faced Cozy.

"And that, little lady," Facade whispered, "Is how you get the lead role in The Trottish Play."

"Maybe if it's a version for foals my age," Cozy deadpanned.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Facade asked.

"It means your acting stinks and our neighbour is a gullible weenie," Cozy replied.

"Well, it's a good thing she is gullible otherwise this wouldn't work," Facade retorted.

Author's Note:

Well, that explains what Discord was doing in Tartarus for the whole year even though he could have escaped any time he liked. Well, apart from dozens of ponies being very angry with their ruler that Tartarus' security leaves a lot to be desired.