• Published 28th Nov 2019
  • 3,624 Views, 262 Comments

The Dragonfly Hive - Silver Dragon Blade Wing



A young Changeling Prince, with the help of his allies and friends, must become strong enough to challenge and defeat Chrysalis to protect the land and the ones he loves.

  • ...
4
 262
 3,624

Canterlot 2

Twilight and Spike stared at the picture in shock, looking at the Alicorn Filly smiling back at them as their minds rebooted, much to the Sisters’ amusement. Finally, after several seconds, Twilight recovered and looked at Luna.

“Princess Luna… Not only were you married, but you had a daughter?!” Twilight couldn’t help but shout the last part.

Said Alicorn gave a wide smile filled with motherly pride.

“Indeed I did Twilight, and Star was more precious to me than even my moon. Before her birth it was thought that Alicorns couldn’t have Foals, so imagine the surprise when it was discovered I was carrying her. I won’t go into details of the time I was carrying to term, but I will say the Thestrals, Flash Magnus, Hunter, and Dad were a massive help.”

Luna chuckled as memories came back.

“When it was time the birth was surprisingly easy, likely because Star was tired of being constrained and ready to experience the world. Flash and Hunter had a Tartarus of a time trying to wrap her in a blanket.”

Luna started laughing. “Even as a literal newborn Star refused to be wrapped up without a fight, while the two were eventually able to wrap her up they didn’t come out unscathed; Hunter ended up with a bloody nose while Flash got a black eye from Star after she flared out her wings in an attempt to stop them. Dad was laughing in the background while the two Stallions nursed their injuries, but they were smiling and the grumpy pout Star had on her face was the most adorable thing I’ve ever seen.”

She flipped the pages of the photo album until she landed on the picture which showed the scene, with Luna holding the newborn, pouting Star - her electric green eyes flashing even in photos - and a happy smile on her face, Flash with an ice pack over his eye and Hunter rubbing his nose with a cloth, and Hurricane in the background laughing his tail off.

Both Spike and Twilight, once they saw Star’s pout, started laughing too.

The three laughed for a minute, stopping to catch their breaths.

“That face,” Spike gasped, “that was just too funny.”

After spending a few minutes catching their breaths, Twilight blinked as something occurred to her and she turned to Luna.

“Princess; if Star Wing’s your daughter, where is she?”

At Twilight’s question Luna's smile drooped and she looked at the floor sadly. “I’m afraid I do not know Twilight, she was sent to the dungeons when I…” She trailed off as Celestia let out a stuttering breath, bringing the attention to her. Luna’s eyes suddenly widened.

“Tia,” Luna started, her tone filled with worry and fear. “The Nobles, they didn’t…”

“No they didn’t Luna. Star fled before they could do anything.” Celestia reassured her.

“Um Princesses…” Twilight said. “What’s going on? What are you talking about?”

The two Alicorns fell silent and looked at each other, Luna gave a slow nod at Celestia who let out a heavy pain-filled sigh.

“Twilight, Spike,” She began, “Remember how I said I was a far different Mare back then? Well to give you an idea on just how bad it was: I literally allowed Star Wing, as a five-month old Foal, to be thrown in a cell, for the crime of crying too loudly.”

Celestia buried her head in her hooves as she broke down, the horrible memories she had buried long ago coming back full force.

Luna nodded grimly as she stood up and walked over to her crying sister, laying down and covering her back with a wing.

“And that was only the start…” Celestia said between sobs.

She then began to tell Twilight and Spike about those days, and once she got going there was no stopping: She told them about how the nobles had filled her head with lies about Star and Luna conspiring against her; how Star was the ‘moon-spawned child of sin.’ Regret filled her eyes as she admitted how she had believed them, and regarded her sister and niece with loathing. Driving Luna further and further towards becoming Nightmare Moon.

“And the worst part was,” Celestia admitted. “I never realized how much pain I was causing before the time came and I used the Elements. Only then, did I truly experience what I’d become. And by then it was too late: Luna had been banished. And Star, fearing for her own life, fled the castle.” Celestia leaned her head up and used a wing to wipe her eyes. “And that was the last time I ever saw her… the very last time.”

Twilight had to sit down. Her expression was one of horrified shock. How could her teacher, the Great Princess Celestia, be capable of such horrors?

Spike, seeing the crisis Twilight was about to experience, stepped forward. “But… you’re different from that time,” he noted. “Better. You learned from it and strove not to treat others that way again… right?”

Celestia nodded morosely. “It was a lesson I should have learned sooner. And one I will always regret not learning before Star fled to who-knows-where.” Celestia turned and gazed out at Equestria. “I know not whether she is dead or simply in hiding. All I know is that I wish I could see her again. To tell her how sorry I am for her horrid foalhood.” She gazed at Luna. “And to reunite her with her mother.”

Twilight hesitantly stood up. “M-Maybe my friends and I could…”

But Celestia immediately shook her head. “I’m afraid that would be a very foolish decision, Twilight. Star Wing hasn’t been seen in centuries. And even if, by some miracle, she was alive, she fled to the Outskirts. Where the foulest and most brutal of bandits and warlords roam. You and your friends would be putting yourselves in danger far beyond anything you’ve experienced before.”

“She speaks truthfully, Twilight,” Luna agreed. “I cannot ask you to go there. Especially not when we have no knowledge of whether Star is there to begin with.” She sighed. “I appreciate your kindness. But please… don’t risk your life for what may turn out to be a… what do the children call it? A ‘wild goose chase?’”

“An odd analogy, but our point is clear, yes?”

Twilight sighed. “Yes, ma’am.” Then something clicked and she turned back to the Princesses.

“If this was happening, why didn’t Hurricane, Flash, and Hunter put a stop to it?”

Luna’s gaze fell to the floor, tears brimming in her eyes. ”They tried, but things changed; After Chrysalis nearly got Mother Clover and our parents went into the stone, things got worse; Flash, while strong, was only one vs many, and Hunter… soon after our parents became statues the castle was attacked by rogue Griffins, and Hunter took a blow for me.”

The tears started to fall. “He died that night. His wounds proved too much and he passed away hugging me, Star and Flash.”

Twilight covered her mouth in horror. “Luna,” she whispered. “I’m… so sorry.”

Spike couldn’t even speak; he had no idea what he could even say.

Celestia then spoke again. “With Flash being the only one of the three left, those who hated Star doubled down, now having more or less free rein. Flash couldn’t be around all the time as he had his duties both as a high-ranked guard and a Pillar of Equestria which allowed Star’s haters to do what they pleased… and in my blindness, I allowed it.”

Celestia’s head flopped into her forelegs, Luna taking the reins.

“While we’re unsure of why they hated Star, the most common theory, even today, is that because the Ponies of the time feared and hated the night and by extension me, they saw Star as part of all that. And while I was a Princess, a full-grown Alicorn and more than aware of their feelings, Star was barely more than a child. She tried so hard to reach out to those who hated her; made herself vulnerable in an effort to befriend them. Unfortunately, it only resulted in them directing all their hate onto her shoulders.”

A small smile spread over her face. “But despite all that; Star faced it all with a smile and the enthusiasm one would expect from a Foal, never letting it all get her down. She loved to read stories about heroes and hoped one day that she’d become a hero herself. She even read to me several times when I was feeling down. It was one of the few joys I had in life, and experts today believe it was what ensured Nightmare Moon did not make an early appearance.”

“That does make sense,” Twilight admitted. “Having some form of positive stimuli is best for dealing with negative emotions.”

“And Star does sound a lot like Pinkie Pie,” Spike added. “Well, Pinkie Pie and Twilight mixed together, if that was possible. Either way, if anyone could keep themselves positive in bad situations like that, it would either be Pinkie, or from the sound of it, Star.”

Celestia lifted her head with a soft smile of her own. “It also helped that besides Flash; Star did have the Thestrals on her side and they did everything they could to make her feel welcome and safe.”

Twilight gave a sad frown. “But it wasn’t enough, was it?”

Celestia sighed sadly. ”Indeed it wasn’t; in my blind dedication to nobles who didn’t deserve me, I let them lock Star Wing up near the most disgusting criminals who ever lived. And when Star was nearly attacked…”

“It became too much,” Luna admitted.

Celestia nodded. “Star fled that same night with help from Flash, who refused to tell me about where. Not that I blame him. The worst thing was that was only the beginning.”

Celestia tuned to Twilight. “I suppose Sergeant Dusk Storm told you about the Thestrals and what came after.” At Twilight’s nod Celestia continued. “Those were terrible times Twilight; the war with the Yetis was something we were completely unprepared for, and the loss of the Thestrals meant we had lost most of our Military and experienced soldiers, which in turn meant so many Ponies of all ages were killed before we could respond.”

She rubbed her temples.

“At first I tried to settle it peacefully, but as Dusk likely told you: ‘Peace only works on those who are willing to listen.’ And I learned the hard way the Yetis had no interest in peace and only saw us Ponies as food. I wouldn’t go into details about what I saw during those times; some things are best left forgotten and I wish I could unsee the things I saw during those times. In the end we won, but it was a Pyrrhic victory at best with over a hundred million dead. Most of them were eaten, a good chunk while still alive, by the Yetis so their bodies couldn't even be recovered.”

She snorted bitterly. “During those times the surviving Nobles, the same ones who lied about the Thestrals, went crawling to them begging them to come back. As you know the Thestrals flat out refused, and their home of Hollows Shades is easily defendable so they didn’t have to do anything as the Yetis could never breach that circle of mountains.”

Celestia’s head flopped into her forelegs again.

“But the worst was yet to come: The Great Famine came very close to wiping us out, reducing us to just barely enough to keep our species alive. We lost so much of Equestria because of our lowered numbers and it took many decades to reclaim even half of it from those like the Griffin Empire. Still; all that was a massive wake-up call to us that if you want peace: prepare for war. And that to keep our home, we had to be ready to defend it, hence why our Military is what it is now.”

She lifted her head up to look at Twilight again.

“While today we’re at peace, tomorrow we could be at war. Thankfully Equestira now has many allies willing to back us up in the event of war, and even though we haven’t been in a war since those dark times, I’ve made sure the lessons we learned were never forgotten. So at least half of our Military stands ready at all times, just in case.”

Twilight nodded. “And so will we,” she replied.

Spike made a small salute. “For… whatever we’re capable of.”

The two Alicorns gave them soft smiles in return.

After a moment, Twilight looked up again at the two Alicorns. “That would explain why Shining Armor is away right now, though if I recall correctly he’s working as Cadence's bodyguard while she’s doing diplomatic duties. From what I know it’s his battle buddy Idol Hooves working on the readiness for the Military.”

“That’s right Twilight,” Celestia confirmed, then a small small appeared on her face. “I take it you’ve been reading the various posted reports and articles in the Guard Barracks.”

“Of course, I read everything. Well… except the Twilight Saga; those novels I wouldn’t use as paperweights.”

A round of chuckles passed between them when a Guard knocked and told Celestia and Luna they were needed. The two bid Twilight and Spike farewell and left as Twilight walked over to the window and sat down as Spike came over to her.

“You okay Twilight?” He asked, gently rubbing her back. Twilight’s horn then glowed and Spike found himself lifted up and floated to her front, being wrapped up in her forelegs and held against her chest. This wasn’t the first time she’d done that; while Twilight could be a little distant to Spike, when she needed him, she would hold him like a Foal would a plush toy, only Spike would hug her back.

“Yeah Spike,” she assured him. “It’s just that what we’ve been told is a lot to process; we’ve learned so much and I never thought my mentor could have been like that.”

“Well Twi, it was the past, and Dragonfly once told me this: Those who ignore the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them.”

Twilight smiled, “I sometimes forget just how smart you are. Then again you are a baby dragon.” She held him tightly against her chest, nuzzling his head spines. “And one I’m very grateful to have with me as a little brother.”

“And I’m happy to have you as a big sister.” Spike said as he returned the hug. As they sat there Twilight gazed out in the direction that the Outskirts were one last time.

Wherever you are, Star Wing, I hope you’re doing well and living a life of adventure. If you’re still among the living, I hope to meet you one day. I’d love to have a reading buddy.


She was unaware that, miles away from them, in a dingy bar in the Outskirts, mercenaries were brawling, drinking and overall having a blast.

In a corner, a rare Pegasus mercenary was conversing with two Griffins and a Minotaur.

“I’m telling you, it’s true,” the Pegasus was saying. “That ‘Luna’ princess came back. Sun-Butt’s got her old sidekick again.”

“You gotta be kidding,” the Minotaur bemoaned. “As if it wasn’t difficult enough to snatch Ponies from the borders.”

The Pegasus chuckled. “You may find that we’re a bigger handful than you’d expect.” He downed his drink with a gulp. “Especially now that there’s two Alicorn princesses on the watch out there.”

The Minotaur rolled his eyes and sulked off, only for his seat to immediately be taken by a Dragoness. One with night black scales and electric green eyes.

“What was that about the Luna Princess?” the Dragoness asked curiously.


Two Days later

Canterlot Courthouse

As it turned out, the reason Belle had been called back to her family home was because Her Great Uncle Silver Ingot had just passed away peacefully in his sleep from old age and after everything had been set up for the will reading members of the family on the will had been called to the courthouse for the reading.

Dragonfly had been surprised that he’d been called there too, he admittedly didn’t know the Great Uncle well having only met him a few times. Despite this the two got along like the wings on a Pegasus, sharing stories and hanging out whenever Dragonfly was over. Belle and Dancer (the latter having been called back from tour) had been very close to their Great Uncle and were quite upset at his passing, crying into Dragonfly’s chest as he gently rubbed their backs.

Blueblood was sitting next to them, his head down in mourning. While he knew how he could be he also was close to his Great Uncle and was greatly saddened by his passing. One thing his sisters had noticed was that Blueblood had never raised any sort of stink over their relationship with Dragonfly, just leaving them in peace. While this did confuse the two Mares, they weren’t complaining.

It wasn’t just the four of them, four other members of the family were there but… these four were… estranged, so to speak. There was the overly emotional, and entitled, niece River Stream, who was sobbing over-dramatically (Dragonfly, thanks to his emotion sense, could tell it was all fake). Next to her was her spineless husband Crimson Streak, who was “comforting” her. There was the know-it-all Great Nephew Spyglass (who in Dragonfly’s opinion was a flankhole), and finally there was the Great Aunt Pure Gold, Silver Ingot's Sister, and she was something.

Pure Gold was anything but gold or pure: She was a total narcissist, entitled to an extreme, and had an ego bigger than Canterlot and the mountain it was built on from the years of her very successful career of modeling. During the wait for the lawyer Dragonfly grew very annoyed by her; for it was all “Me, me, me” and “Money, money, money” to get the gist of her words.

All four, Pure Gold especially, had asked (or rather demanded to know) why Dragonfly was there only for Bluebelle, Diamond Dancer, and (to his and the Mares’ surprise) Blueblood and immediately told them where to shove it, Belle saying that Ingot had called Dragonfly there in his will. River and Crimson huffed while Spyglass just rolled his eyes and Pure had done that stupid sort of overly dramatic gasp and yelled back for them to respect their Elders, only for Blueblood of all Ponies to yell back “Shut up you old hag! The only Elders we respect are those that show us respect in return.”

Fortunately, any further fighting was stopped when Silver Ingot’s lawyer Fine Print stepped onto the podium and called for attention.

“As the executor of Mr. Silver Ingot’s estate I have been empowered to read Mr. Ingot’s last will and testament.”

“Oh poor dear Ingot.” River said as tears flowed again as her husband comforted her, Dragonfly had to hold back bile at the taste of her false emotions, Belle and Dancer patting his back.

“Celestia, how predictably boring.” Spyglass said in a snobbish tone.

“If we are all seated I shall begin with the reading.” Print said as he picked up the will. “I, Silver Ingot being of sound mind and body do hereby divide up my considerable estate as follows: To my overly emotional niece River Stream-”

River was still crying loudly when her husband stopped her.

“River darling, he’s talking about us.”

“Oh.”

Oh?’ Dragonfly thought while trying not to snort. ‘That’s all you have to say?!

“Who grubbed with her husband Crimson Streak, grubbed for everything they could get from then cried crocodile tears when I needed sympathy.”

“What?”

“To River I leave… a boot to the head.”

“A WHAT?!”

*THUMP!*

“OW!”

A size thirteen heavyweight hiking boot came flying out of nowhere and smacked River right dead on the snout, causing her to yelp in pain as she grabbed her nose and Crimson jumped in surprise and shock.

“River, are you okay?”

Dragonfly along with Belle, Dancer and Blueblood were chuckling.

“And another boot to her wimpy husband Crimson Streak.”

*THUMP!*

“OW!” right on his snout too.

The four started to laugh.

“This is an outrage.” River said as she recovered.

“Ah but still; you are my niece. You’ve both admired my 1st edition Luxury Motor Car, courtesy of Socket Wrench Industries, and since I no longer need it.”

“Oh dear Ingot he’s too kind.” River said excitedly as her husband gave a soft “yes.”

“I bequeath… another boot to the head.”

“What??”

*THUMP!*

“OW!”

The four laughed.

“And one more for the wimp.”

*THUMP!*

“OW!”

“Next to my Great Nephew Blueblood.”

Said Unicorn stopped laughing with a wide-eyed look.

“Hey I don’t want no boot to the head!”

“To dear Blueblood who has never worked a day in his spoiled life.”

“I’m covering up my head.” Blueblood had lowered himself with his forelegs covering his head. “And for the record: I do have a job and am working on the spoiled part.”

That much was true, Blueblood worked in the palace, though Dragonfly didn’t know what job exactly, and was working on his attitude.

“I leave you my Luxury Motor Car which I know how much you loved, take good care of her, my stocks and three crates of my finest wine.”

Blueblood stood back up uncovering his head in genuine surprise, and he wasn’t the only one. “Wait, really?”

“Really dear Great Nephew, and a boot-shaped cake to the head.”

*SPLAT!*

Sure enough, a cake that was shaped like a boot stuck Blueblood in the face and he recoiled in surprise.

“I knew there was a catch.”

“Look at it this way Blueblood;” Dragonfly said as Belle and Dancer giggled. “It wasn’t an actual boot to the head.”

Blueblood made a “fair point” gesture, then used his hoof to scrape a bit of the cake into his mouth.

“Hmm… Buttercream with dark chocolate filling, my favorite.” he said happily.

“And another boot for River and the wimp.”

*THUMP!*

“OW!”

*THUMP!*

“OW!”

“Next to my know-it-all Great Nephew Spyglass.”

“This is so predictable.”

“I leave a boot to the head.”

*THUMP!*

“Ah! I knew it.”

“And one for River and the wimp.”

*THUMP!*

“OW!”

*THUMP!*

“OW!”

“Now to my sister Pure Gold.”

“Oh will you look at that;” Pure said smugly, “I’m getting his estate all to myself.”

I don’t think so, you old hag.’ Dragonfly thought in intrigue.

“I leave you six things: First; a small fire bomb on your back set to explode in a few seconds.”

“Wait what?”

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

“WHAT THE BUC-” BOOM!

Pure was cut off as she was suddenly consumed by a fireball that disappeared as quickly as it came, leaving her mane and tail burned almost completely away and her dress in ruins, which caused her to screech in horror and the four to laugh hard (They did not like the Great Aunt whatsoever).

“As payback for when you cut my own mane and tail off in school as Foals, humiliating me for months. Second; I leave a pack of rabid wolverines to be placed in the remains of your dress.”

There were several growls and a shrill scream as Pure fell to the floor out of sight of the others as bits of fur and pieces of burnt dress flew into the air and enraged growls and horrid screams sound. Thankfully it only lasted for a few seconds before the wolverines stopped and scattered, later being caught by maintenance, and Pure stood up, now missing most of her coat and looking horrified at the state she was in.

“As payback for the hair remover potion you swapped my shampoo with, further humiliating me after I used it after swim class, to the point I had to stay out of school for weeks. Third; I leave a pair of climbing boots, the ones with spikes on the bottom, to kick you in the rump.”

Two spiked climbing boots shot out of nowhere and slammed into her flanks, spikes first. The screech was loud and shrill and Pure flew into the air holding her rear.

“As playback for all those blasted tacks you would place on my seats in school or home. Fourth; I leave a hot pad on max heat for that hot burner to the rump as payback for that hot element on my own as a teen, ruined my school swimsuit and got me kicked off of the swim team.”

Pure landed on the hot plate and after a short sizzling shot into the air again with a scream and a flaming and smoking rear, crashing into the floor moments later.

“Fifth I leave all your years of bullying me and others and your various dirty deeds for all to see in the hooves of the Guard who should arrive in moments to put you away for your crimes. You always wanted to be the center of attention and now you have it, just not how you wanted it”

The door burst open and several guards rushed and piled onto Pure slapping cuffs on her as she screamed and cried.

“That’s the thing sis; I may have passed on but I had the last laugh. Revenge is a dish best served cold, and you can't get colder than from beyond the grave. And for the last thing I leave you… a boot to the head.”

*THUMP!*

“OW!”

“And another for River and the wimp.”

*THUMP!*

“OW!”

*THUMP!*

“OW!”

As Pure Gold was dragged away kicking and screaming, Blueblood looked over at Dragonfly and the Mares.

“Think he went a bit far?”

Belle shook her head. “Great Uncle Ingot showed me all the evidence he gathered and… she got just what she deserved. Trust me, you don’t want to know half the things she did to her brother and others.”

Fine Print cleared his throat. “Now to finish up: Finally to my Great Niece Bluebelle, I leave you the various heirlooms I’ve gathered over the years, I know you’ll take good care of them. To Diamond Dancer I leave the collection of leotards and dance gear my dear wife left behind as she wanted you to have them. And to Dragonfly I leave the various potions and tea equipment my dad left behind. I don’t know if you’ll find them useful, but hopefully you’ll be able to make use of them.

And between the four of you I leave my entire estate worth 40 million bits to be divided evenly between you with 10 million per Pony.”

The three Ponies and disguised Changeling’s jaws dropped.

“And a boot-shaped cake to the head.”

*SPLAT!*

*SPLAT!*

*SPLAT!*

*SPLAT!*

The four ended up with cake-covered faces, but after a moment started laughing.

“And another boot for River and the wimp.”

*THUMP!*

“OW!”

*THUMP!*

“OW!”

Belle then turned to Print. “What about you Print?”

“Mr. Ingot already gave me my dues in the form of three decades of pay for all my work, and a second Luxury Motor Car brand new from Socket Wrench Industries.”

River slowly stood up. “That’s it? That’s disgraceful! Why do they;” She waved her hoof over to the four. “get everything and I get boots to the head?!”

“There is one last thing for everypony.” Fine Print said, causing River, Crimson, and Spyglass to cover their heads.

“I leave everypony a lifetime supply of ice cream.”

“Ice cream?” Dragonfly asked.

“Ice cream?” Crimson parroted.

“Ice cream? That’s all?” Spyglass asked.

“That’s all." Print confirmed.

“Well what flavor is it?” River snarled.

“For Dragonfly: Mint Chocolate Chip. For Bluebelle: Eggnog. For Dancer: Vanilla. For Blueblood: Rocky Road. And for everyone else: Boot to the Head.

Tubs of their respective flavors appeared in front of the four, while a barrage of boots attacked River, Crimson, Spyglass, and Pure in her transport with a series of thumbs and yelps of pain.


The Next Day

Ponyville

Dragonfly sighed happily as he leaned back in his chair with a cup of warm mint tea in his hooves. The Cozy Rest was empty at the moment; it was the slow period of the day. And so he was just relaxing after the lunch rush. He’d only been relaxing for about ten or so minutes when he heard the bell above the door ring. Surprised, he opened his eyes and leaned up, to see a very frazzled-looking Twilight Sparkle walking in.

Setting his tea on the counter, Dragonfly got up and walked over to her.

“Hey Twilight, Spike. What happened to you? You look like you ran from Canterlot all the way here without stopping.”

Twilight sighed heavily. “I’ve had a really rough day and haven’t been able to have a proper lunch. This was the only place I could think of to wind down a bit.”

“Well then take your seats and I’ll have some tea and something to fill your belly in a moment.”

The two did so as Dragonfly got the food and tea going, soon bringing it over and sitting with them as Twilight dove into her sandwich while Spike ate his more slowly.

“Wow Twilight,” Dragonfly said as he brought his own tea over with his magic. “You weren’t kidding; I haven’t seen anycreature eat like that since Rhino’s “Bean Chow Fest” back when I was living in mom’s Hive, now that was the fastest I’ve seen a Hive clear out. Took hours to clear the air too. Mom was mad.”

Twilight and Spike looked at him surprised.

“Trust me you two: If Rhino’s eating beans and one of my Changelings offers you a Gas Mask, take it. That smell could knock over ten Dragons, and no; I’m not kidding.” He leaned forward, “We actually tried that, and it’s completely true.”

Deciding she didn’t want to know more, Twilight returned to her food and finished it off. After a few moments she breathed a sigh of relief as she leaned back in her chair while Spike finished his.

“Thanks Dragonfly, I really needed that.”

“No problem Twi, always happy to help. But I am curious: What has gotten you so frazzled?” Dragonfly asked with a slight head tilt.

Spike went first. “We were helping Applejack with some harvesting, when Princess Celestia sent us a letter through my fire.”

Dragonfly nodded, knowing about that little ability of Spike's.

“And with the letter were two tickets for the Grand Galloping Gala.” Spike finished, Twilight taking the reins.

“And my friends all have good reasons to go and have been doing “favors” to try and win me over to give one of them the other ticket. Then Pinkie slipped out that I had the tickets in front of the town.”

“And let me guess; everypony is going total bananas over it.” Dragonfly finished.

“Yep, and I really don’t know what to do.” Twilight said facehoofing.

“Well before you hit the panic button about me wanting the ticket…” Dragonfly said, pulling a third ticket out of his scarf. “I already have one.”

“How? Spiked asked as he and Twilight starred in surprise at it.

“Belle and Dancer; because of social obligations they have to be at the Gala and I’m going as their plus one. Hence why I already have a ticket, as for your friends…”

Dragonfly placed his ticket back into his scarf and rested his hooves on the table. “While I can’t tell you who to pick, I can ask you this: Who do you want to go with Twilight?”

Said Mare looked at him confused. “What do you mean?”

“Well Twilight; Have you ever been to the Gala?” Twilight shook her head no. “So this is your first time, and you have two tickets. The way I see this going you’ve three options: One, you just pick one to go with. Two, you ask Celestia for more tickets so all of you can go. Or Three, you just send the tickets back and nopony goes. Just remember Twilight, they’re your tickets, so it’s your choice.” Dragonfly said, reaching over and patting her shoulder as Twilight looked down on the table in thought.

“Okay Dragonfly, I’m gonna head home to think this over. Thanks again for the tea and meal, and the words. What do I owe you?”

“It’s on the house Twi. I’ve got more bits then I know what to do with right now. The combination of the bits the Cozy Rest brings in, those stocks Blueblood lost in a bet to me, and the bits Silver Ingot left to me has me covered for quite a long time.”

Twilight nodded and left with Spike as Dragonfly finished his own tea and placed the cup in his dishwasher. He sighed as he leaned on the counter.

“It’s funny; never thought I’d be giving out advice to others so soon.”

He chuckled as he made his way over to the storage room to check if he needed to restock anything before the next rush.

“But then again; mom always said I was very approachable and I believe that; if the swarms of Nymphs that always gather around me were any indication.” He finished with a laugh as those happy memories came back.

Author's Note:

I'm Back!

Sorry for the long wait time everyone, but life got really bat crap crazy for awhile plus the motherboard of one of my computers kicking the bucket. But I'm glad to say I'm back to working on my stories again. Now I might put High Seas on hold for the time being but let's wait and see.

Anyway, we've finally entered the show proper with the Grand Galloping Gala Ticket Craze happening at the end of this chapter. Now as a refresher since it's been awhile; Only episodes where Dragonfly and/or his Hive have any real impact will be writen, for others I'm going to do like the last section of this one, where they're mentioned in passing, or unique ones in place of the regular episodes.

Next chapter I'm going to be doing something I've been wanting to do but never got around to until now: A POV of the various Changelings in the Hive doing their duties and daily life like their jobs, training, playing and so forth.

After that, depending on how long that section is, we'll be finally returning to the mission format seen before but hadn't gotten back to in quite a while and I even got an idea for a short mission to get back into it. JNKing ofter a great idea for a Mission but fir now we're gonna hold off on it, since I feel it works as a major mission like the Everfree City one awhile back. I'm also going to hopefully bring in the appearance of quests for Hive Customization options and other mechanics talked about way back in chapter 2. I mean at this point Dragonfly now has something of an outside network among the Ponies so I think it's time to bring that in, along with finally upgrading the Hive's tier and more Breeds

Those are my plans going forward, See you all in the next chapter! :pinkiehappy: