• Published 28th Nov 2019
  • 3,620 Views, 261 Comments

The Dragonfly Hive - Silver Dragon Blade Wing



A young Changeling Prince, with the help of his allies and friends, must become strong enough to challenge and defeat Chrysalis to protect the land and the ones he loves.

  • ...
4
 261
 3,620

Ponyville 6

Canterlot

One Week later

"GET SOME WATER ON THAT FIRE!!"

It had started out as a normal day, but that ended when the Crystal Battery Factory which had been built against the mountain and opposite of the Royal Palace, suddenly had an out-of-control fire raging. Crystals Batteries were very stable once made, but during the building process were extremely volatile and flammable and as such were kept in below-zero temperatures.

Either somepony had gotten careless, or something else had happened; because the entire factory had just gone up in a raging inferno. The worst part was it had happened so fast that the workers had no time to evacuate, leaving them trapped inside the building. Now thankfully safety had been a top concern for the builders and the fire suppression systems were keeping the flames from the safe rooms the workers had ducked into, but it was only a matter of time.

Fireponies rushed about armed with heavy hoses and began staying thick foam and freezing water as more fire engines pulled up and went to work unpacking hoses and joining those already fighting the fire, joined by Pegasi above with rain clouds creating a heavy downpour. Among the firefighters was none other than Sparks' second mother Flame Flower, who looked at the inferno in shock.

She hadn't seen a fire this bad in a long time, not since...

She shook her head, no time for relapse, she had to focus.

"No one get's left behind."

Readying the fire extinguisher and Pulaski on her back she charged into the fray, she and likely the others knew they wouldn't be able to save the building, but they sure as Celestia raised the sun that they would save every life here.

"No one get's left behind."

Inside one team had reached one of the safe rooms, where they found half the workers safe.

"Thank Harmony you found us, the door's stuck and we're trapped." A Unicorn Mare said, scared but trying to keep calm.

"Just hang on, we'll get you out." An Earth Pony firefighter responded as he tried to open the door but it was stuck tight. "It's swelled from the heat, Iron Arms!"

"Iron Arms" was a male Minotaur armed with a large fire ax. "I got this, Get clear of the door!"

Both his fellow firefighters and the workers did so and Iron Arms hefted the ax over his head and brought it down on the door, breaking it fully open in two hits and allowing the workers out. Quickly the group moved outside and clear of the fire, waiting for them where the rest of the workers and their Foals that had been inside the daycare.

As the Foals and parents hugged each other one of the mothers noticed something, something very horrifying.

"My son!" She cried out, "He's missing!"


Flame Flower rushed through the halls, looking for any that the rescue teams had missed. Fire licked at her but thanks to both her gear and fireproofing that came from being a Pyromage she ignored the flames.

"HELP ME!"

The sound of a very young Colt's voice screaming in terror caused Flower to stop cold, her ears perked as far as they would go.

"HELP!!!"

Turning down a hall she followed the voice, stopping in her tracks in shock at the sight: A tiny Pegasus Foal, around five or six years old, was trapped by a wall of fire and smoke all around him. His tail was curled against him as tightly as it could be as tears flowed from his eyes like a waterfall, raw fear in his eyes as the small space he was in was getting smaller, like the fire was toying with it's prey.

Flame Flower stared, her mind flashing to a time long ago.


The tiny Filly stared in raw fear at the wall of flame around her, she hadn't meant for this to happen. She hadn't meant to set the building on fire.

"Flower!" A voice, a mother cried out, "Flower! my daughter! Please... Please somepony, get our daughter!"


Outside the fire had gotten worse, even with the help of Celestia herself (Luna's power wasn't ready yet, though she did help by comforting the Foals as best she could.) the flames only got stronger.

Then it got worse.

Sparks and arcs of lightning flew of one of the large "Battery Tanks" (named for their shape and the fact they were where certain elements were stored) as the fire heated it far past safe levels.

"IT'S GONNA BLOW!!!"

The firefighters and guards ran trying to get clear of the blast radius, those moving too slowly were picked up by any flyers. They got clear just in time, for the tank split vertically down the middle as a massive blast tore out of it like an enraged monster finally free of it's prison. The blast was the finally straw for the other tanks around it started going up in a chain reaction, intensifying the fire far past the point of being able to be put out.

"FALL BACK!! GET OUT OF THERE!! MOVE MOVE!!!

The firefighters and guards did just that as mushroom clouds of pure fire reached into the sky and forcing the Pegasi in the air to pull back. The Fire Chief could only stare in shocked horror, he'd seen bad fires... but never ones like this. Nearby the mother of the missing Foal was catatonic with emotions, fearing that her son was somewhere in that inferno. The Chief looked into the fire.

"Come on Flame Flower, don't fail us now."


The explosions knocked Flame Flower out of her flashback and she pulled the fire extinguisher, spraying the foam into the flame. The fire fought back against her but Flower was determined as she pushed onwards.

"You... shall... NOT take him!!"

As sudden explosion, much smaller but still powerful, when off to her right and watched over her, knocking her off her hooves but she was up in a heartbeat, refusing to give up even as the small tanks she'd missed before started to heat to dangerous levels.

"I'm not giving up! You... will... NEVER beat me!"


"Keep trying!" A firefighter called out.

"Please..." A second voice, a father called out. "Please somepony get our daughter!"

"I can't reach her!" A second firefighter called out.

"It's too hot! The building's about to crumble!" A third firefighter called out. Above the Filly a beam broke loose and crashed right next the the Filly, only missing her my an inch as she curled further into a ball trying to get away from the flames.

"Come on don't give up!" A forth firefighter, an older one, called out. "Keep going we can do this!"

The Filly lifted her head to seen an older Earth Pony Stallion firefighter burst through the flames.

"Hang on sweety! I got ya!"

He picked her up and held her against his body. "What's your name little one?"

"Flame Flower."

"Well Flame Flower, as long as I'm around, no one get's left behind."

With that he carried her out as the roof came down, soon reaching the outside and giving the Filly to her crying parents.


The flames fought hard, but Flame Flower fought harder. To her nothing would stop her, she was one with the fire and reached out with her magic, bending it to her will just enough.

The Colt lifted his head, on the verge of giving up.

"Please... help me..." He feebly called out. Then before his eyes a shape appeared; a Unicorn Mare with a blue coat with a bright red mane and tail, green eyes, and a Cutie Mark of a Dragon head shooting fire from its mouth. She wore a red firefighter's helmet with an orange pentagonal-shaped crest with her Cutie Mark emblazoned on the front, a red hoodie with flame decals under the helmet and a set of red robes that reached to her elbows and knees, and a red fire extinguisher which included a Pulaski attached to the side. Over her chest was a black strap with Pony dolls resembling the Mare. One possessed the Western depiction of an angelic halo, while the other has cartoony devil horns and a pitchfork and over her flanks were two different bags: On her left was a empty worn knapsack while on her right was a blue backpack with three small pockets and a tag with the Mare's Cutie Mark. Attached to the backpack are a bottle with a red mug on one side, a paper folded in half on the other, and a rolled up sleeping bag on the top. Around her forelegs were blue armbands and over her hooves were black welding gloves.

The Colt smiled wide seeing her as she reached down and picked him, stuffing him into her robe.

"What's your name son?" Flower asked as she made sure he was secure.

"Sky Storm..."

"Well Sky Storm... as long as I'm around... No one get's left behind."

With Sky now secure Flower bolted, her hooves beating against the floor as she came out of the room in a sprint, and just in time as the tanks inside detonated. Outside the gathered creatures could only watch as more detonations ripped through the building, causing it to collapse into itself as the fire consumed it fully.

Then a spot suddenly turned blue and was blasted open, revealing Flame Flower holding the missing Colt, bother were a bit singed but otherwise fine. Cheers rang out as Celestia cast a dome spell over the inferno, cutting off it's air supply and to let it burn out. The factory was a total loss, but thanks to the efforts of those there, including Flame Flower, no lives had been lost. She watched as the Colt was reunited with his mother, both crying lakes but beyond happy to see each other as Flower sat down and removed her helmet, tried... but very happy seeing the two hug.

Celestia knew that a lot had been lost today, but she smiled at her Royal Knight. She knew that whenever a fire broke out, that Flame Flower would never leave anyone behind.


Two days Later

Ponyville

Things had calmed down since the fire in Canterlot, a thorough investigation had revealed that the factory's manager, a Noble no less, had been taking money from the factory's safety features to line his own pockets and had brushed off any and all warnings. He was soon arrested and imprisoned, followed by a strong enforcement of safety rules by Celestia herself. No lives had been lost in this disaster, but what's to stay that wouldn't be the case next time.

Flame Flower was awarded for her bravery, and got quite the tearful thank you from the mother of Sky Storm with the Colt hugging her around the neck in a vice grip. Sparks and the rest of Flower's family were also very proud of her.

Meanwhile in Ponyville, things had been rather quiet though the townsfolk didn't really mind. However, two of them were about to get a shock beyond any levels they'd had before.

It was early that morning and;

Beep! Beep! Beep! Be-CRASH!!

The alarm was silenced as a hoof came down on the off button. The hoof was attached to the Pony/Changeling Hybrid Thunderlane who groaned and threw his blanket off with his back hooves as he started rubbing the sleep from his eyes and slid off the bed.

"My day off work and I still have to get up early to get Rumble ready for school. I hate Mondays."

He got off his bed, pausing to look at the various pictures that lined the walls of his room. Most of them were of his and Rumble's time in Ponyville and the memories they had made with the friends they had gained ever since they had first came to town so long ago. He eyes fell on one picture that stood on his night stand, causing a tear to fall as he picked it up. In the picture was Thunderlane and Rumble smiling happily, but next to Thunder was another Pony that looked almost like a mirror-image of him with only a few differences.

The most obvious was that this Pony was a Mare, followed by her mane and tail being long, then finally her Cutie Mark with was a lightning bolt spearing through a storm cloud. Similar to his yet different.

Most who knew Thunderlane didn't know this, but the Mare in this picture was was his twin sister Lightning Street. And the reason most didn't know was any subject on her was difficult for him to talk about. It wasn't that the two hadn't gotten along, quite the opposite actually as the two had been close enough that their parents would jokingly call the conjoined twins.

The reason it was so difficult for him to talk about was because it brought up horrible memories of the day their Hive was attacked, the day their parents had been killed... the day they had be separated. Thunderlane had spent a long time trying to find any trace of her, knowing what would have happened if their enemy had got her. He never found anything more than a bloody spot and a few tail hairs on a jagged rock overlooking a waterfall.

Thunderlane held the picture against his chest as more tears fell, that sight was forever burned into his mind. He could only hope it was quick for her and their enemy hadn't gotten to her first.

Setting the picture back on the nightstand he walked into the kitchen and started making breakfast: eggs and haybacon, his and Rumbles favorite. It wasn't long until Thunderlane had finished cooking and laid it out for him and his brother, but just as he was entering the hallway to wake Rumble up, a loud CLANG!sounded from outside. Thunderlane rushed out the door, to see the local mailmare: Derpy "Muffins" Hooves, stuck in his mailbox. Her head and front legs sticking out the back and her rump, tail and back legs out the front. She turned her head to look at him with her ears folded against her head.

"Sorry Thunderlane," she said with a sad tone, "I didn't mean to crash into your mailbox... again ... this week."

He just smiled softy as he moved to help her.

"It's okay Derpy, I know it's not something you can help, for now lets get you out of it,"

Derpy Hooves was Ponyville's "unofficial mascot" in a way and while she had problems with her vision, and more than a few crashes, she was well loved by the town. Thunderlane had known Derpy since Flight School and she in fact had been the best flyer out of the entire class, at least until her eyes started to go in two different directions. Derpy had tried many things to correct her vision but nothing had worked, leaving her as she was now. However, Derpy was the town's most reliable mailmare and always got her packages delivered, even with some hiccups here and there. She was also one of the best bakers when it came to muffins, hence her nickname, and the whole town loved them. Adding further to that was how much Derpy loved her daughter Dinky, a little Unicorn Filly that was perhaps the sweetest Foal in town, and perhaps one of the smartest.

The town helped her out when she needed it, and Harmony help the poor soul that hurt her.

Thunderlane gently grabbed her back legs and pulled, After a few minutes, Derpy popped free of the mailbox, sending her and Thunderlane flying backwards as they tried to right themselves by flapping their wings only to crash in a heap with the former on top of the latter.

"Sorry," Derpy said as she got off Thunderlane and helped him up.

"No harm done." He said brushing himself off. "I've been hit by worse working Ponyville's weather, and you are quite soft Derpy." He gave her a playful smile. "Though you should maybe layoff on the muffins a little," Thunderlane said jokingly as he poked a hoof against her belly, causing Derpy to giggle.

"Oh stop," Derpy said as she shielded her belly with her hooves and wings.

They chatted for a few minutes before Derpy give him his mail, just a few bills and left to continue her morning route while Thunderlane went to wake up his brother.

Entering his brother's room he saw his younger brother Rumble, the little Pegasus/Changeling colt still fast asleep with his legs and wings twitching. Thunderlane slowly walked up to the bed and pulled the blanket away.

Now without any cover against the cool morning air, the colt curled up trying to retain warmth. Seeing Rumble still asleep, Thunderlane smiled mischievously, walked to the side and slowly extended a wing till the tip of a feather was just about touching Rumble's side. Thunderlane then began a tickle assault on the colt's side then belly when Rumble flipped on to his back laughing. Thunderlane then leaned his head down drawing in a breath.

Rumble's eyes snapped open hearing that.

"No big brother not that!"

Too late, Thunderlane blew a big raspberry into the colt's belly. Rumble squealed with laugher, legs moving about and wings flipping like crazy.

"ALL RIGHT ALL RIGHT I'M AWAKE I'M AWAKE!!!" Rumble half-shouted half-laughed.

Thunderlane let up smiling at him.

"Come on Rumble, time to get up, breakfast is on the table and then its time for school,"

"All right big bro, be with ya in just a minute," Rumble said stretching.

Thunderlane nodded and walked back to the dining room with Rumble coming in just a minute after he sat down, breakfast passed rather quickly and soon Thunderlane had dropped his brother off at school and returned home, sitting down on his chair wondering what to do today for a few moments before picking up a book he'd been reading.

He'd been reading for about a hour when a knocking sounded from his door.

"And just when I was getting to the good part." He sighed setting the book down and walking to the door, opening it to greet whoever was knocking.

He froze still in shock at who was waiting for him.

His twin sister, Lightning Street.

And she seemed quite nervous, if the way she was rubbing her foreleg and her pinned-back ears were any indication.

"Lig... Lightning? Is.. is that really you?"

Lightning softly dimpled, which Thunderlane recognized instantly. "Hey bro... it's... been a long time hasn't?"

Thunderlane smiled, then blinked. "Wait... How do I know you really are my sister?" He said, readying himself in case he had to defend himself.

Despite her apparent nervousness, Lightning gave him a playful smile. "Who else would remember the time you got your head stuck in that tree, or when we were babies and you got that bow stuck on your g-" She let out a yelp of surprise as Thunderlane suddenly grabbed her and pulled her inside, followed by locking his forelegs around her in a vice-grip hug.

"First Mother and Harmony! It is you!" Thunderlane cried as he held his long-lost twin sister, who despite her surprise at the sudden hug embraced her brother as tightly.

"I missed you so much brother." Lightning said as she nuzzled his neck.

"I missed you too sister." Thunder responded, tightening the hug.

The two sat there for awhile, letting their emotions run free as they embraced. Eventually the two parted, feeling tired but happy beyond description. Soon they were seated in the living room on either end of the large couch, each holding a mug of hot chocolate.

Lightning moaned in bliss as she drank her's. "You have no idea how much I missed your hot chocolate Thunder." She said licking her lips. Thunder smiled at her. "Glad to see you sill love it, but sis; where have you been all this time? It's been seven years since that day."

Lightning set her mug on the table and looked her brother in the eye. "Recovering. When I escaped I was badly injured, they hit my wing leaving me unable to fly so I jumped off a waterfall to escape, I suppose you saw what I left there?"

Thunder nodded, signaling her to continue.

"I don't know how or why I survived the fall, but somehow I did. I floated down the river for a long time before I was able to pull himself on shore, so sore I could barely move. I would have died there, but I was rescued."

"By who?" Thunderlane asked.

"Jewelbeetle. She found me and took care of me, nursing me back to health and helping me stay hidden, until now."

Thunderlane's eyes widened and would have dropped his mug if he hadn't set it one the table. "Jewelbeetle? She's here??"

"Not "here" as in Ponyville, more like in the shadows around the town. Thunderlane... is it true the Dragonfly Wings is alive?" Lightning asked, her tone quite serious which surprised her brother. But he nodded and even dropped his disguise to show her his new backplate and wings. Lightning's jaw dropped and her eyes widened, but immediately a massive smile appeared on her face as happy tears fell from her eyes.

"Oh sweet Faust, it is true. Our kind has hope again."

Thunderlane nodded, knowing that she wasn't referring to regular Changelings; the sad truth was that Hybrids like him and his siblings were viewed as something less than living by the vast majority Changelings, killing them on sight at best. As a result the Hybrids where drawn towards Empress Nebula Sheen once she set it straight that the Hybrids were under her protection and would not stand by if any were harmed. Under her protection the Hybrids had thrived, being able to raise their young safely from the hooves of those that wanted to harm them, while those same Changelings could only watch as while Nebula was kind, her wrath was feared.

When the time came for the Hive to scatter the Hybrids had gone underground, both literary and figuratively, to keep same from their enemy. Sadly, not all had made it and had been caught. Fortunately only a few had actually been killed, those that had been subjected to Dry Hibernation had been found by either other Hybrids or members of Nebula's Hive and been released, in need of therapy but otherwise fine.

The two soon lost track of time as they caught up on the years they'd been apart when a sudden gasp from the entryway caught their attention. Turning they saw Rumble standing there with his saddlebags next to him, shocked beyond measure as seeing his long-lost big sister there. As Thunderlane looked at the clock in surprise Lightning got off the couch and slowly approached the Colt, lowering herself to her belly.

"Rumble? Is that you little bro? You've grown so much." Lightning gently said, a soft smile appearing over her face.

Said Colt took a few slow steps towards her. "B... big sis? He stuttered, tears welling up with raw hope in his purple eyes.

Lighting dropped her disguise, revealing her Hybrid form to him. That was all the answer the Colt needed.

Rumble stuck his big sister in the neck from his tackle hug with enough force to knock the older Changeling onto her back, Lightning for her part just embraced Rumble as the Colt locked his hooves around her neck in a vice-grip as he cried into it.

"I missed you two Rumble." Lightning said softy as she nuzzled Rumble, Thunderlane pulling her up and the three embracing each other for the first time in seven years.

Thunderlane couldn't help but wonder what Dragonfly was going to say to this.


Below Ponyville

The Hive

Well Dragonfly wouldn't have been saying anything at the moment, because he was currently lip-locked with Belle in a very deep kiss as his hoof gently rubbed little circles on her Cutie Mark, causing the Mare to make a sound that was a mix of moaning and purring. Dragonfly's other hood was doing the same to Dancer, who was making cute squeaks like a kitten while she was snuggling into his long tail like it was a pillow. Pulling out of the kiss Dragonfly gently set Belle down as she signed in bliss and picked Dancer up to give her the same kiss, which she happily accepted.

Once the kiss was done he laid Dancer next to her sister and laid down over top of them, nuzzling and licking their necks and causing the two Mares to purr. After doing this for a few minutes Dragonfly stopped and lifted his head to look at his girls how looked back with smiles.

"You know how to please us Dragonfly." Belle said dreamly, Dance sighing in agreement.

"I do aim to please, and you two return it in full." Dragonfly said, then a sly smirk slowly formed on his face, snapping the Mares out of their blissful state.

"Dragonfly," Dancer said warily, "why are you smiling like that?"

"Because I can now do this!" At the "this" he dug his hooves into Belle and Dancer's bellies, catching the two off guard as they squealed with laughter. They'd always been very ticklish, something that their parents and friends had exploited more than once.

The Mares where laughing too hard to respond as they tried to at him away with their hooves to no avail, for Dragonfly was stronger as he mercilessly kept up the attack, even leaning down and blowing raspberries followed by small nips into their bellies, which only increased the laughter.

Eventually Dragonfly let up and moved in between the two, laying down on his back and hugging the Mares against him. The three laid their for awhile, taking comfort in each other, before Dancer spoke.

"Um... Dragonfly?"

"Yes Dancer?" Said Changeling asked, turning to face her.

"I was just wondering; how would you feel about having Foals? I'm not saying right now, just at some point in the future."

Dragonfly stared at the ceiling for a few minutes, thinking over his answer. "Well... I'm not sure if I'm ready for that yet, but I have nothing against the idea. Why do you ask?"

"I've been thinking about what Belle and I were told about having a Royal Changeling as a mate and what comes with it, I do agree that I'm not ready to carry yet but... I wanted to know your opinion it the subject."

Dragonfly nodded and looked over at Belle, who was watching curiously.

"How about you Belle?" He asked.

"Well... I agree that I'm not ready to carry either, but I'm not against the idea."

Dragonfly nodded and pulled the two close so that they were on his chest and looking at him.

"Girls, I want to make this clear: I'm not at all against the idea of having Foals, I just think it might be a bit too early. Now, having said that; if you two do end up carrying know that I'll down all I can to support you. I love you two with all my heart and unexpected Foals wouldn't change that. Just let me know when you're ready, I'll be when you are." Dragonfly finished with a smile, which the Mares happily returned and leaned forward to nuzzle his face.

Their nuzzling was interrupted when the clock next to the bed went off, starling them.

"Well girls; as much as I'd like to keep cuddling, Twilight and her new friends will be showing up at the Cozy Rest soon so I need to greet them."

The two groaned in disappointment but got off to let him up.

It wasn't long until Dragonfly was disguised and staring at the clock waiting for the seven to show up.

'If I know Twilight, they should be here in three... two... one'

The door opened as the Mane Six joined by Spike entered.

'Right on time.'

"Hey guys," Dragonfly greeted them. "Ready to see the Hive?"

After they confirmed he told them to follow him to the Master Bedroom and with a quick spell they teleported to the Hive.


Canterlot

Grace had been going through something strange; ever since she threw up there had been things like fatigue, more throwing up, and increased trips to the Filly's room just to name a few. Finally, thinking something was wrong, Grace had gone to the doctor to see what was going on.

Grace's mother Flower Garden; A lithe Unicorn Mare a little taller then Grace with a rose red coat and spring green mane and tail, both of which were quite long and puffed out, which made them look almost like a cloud, eyes a nice shade of orange and her Cutie Marks was a bundle of various types of flowers, was busy humming to herself as she made some lunch for her and her husband Trapper Plant, today was their day off from work at the Royal Greenhouse and the two had planned for some "cuddle time" later on.

Flower feel two muscular forelegs gently wrap around her from behind and a little nibble to her right ear which caused her to lightly shutter.

"Hello dear." Flower said as she looked over her shoulder. Her husband, Trapper Plant, was an Earth Pony Stallion half a head taller than Dusk and was quite muscular, he had a dark green coat with an orange mane and tail and bright red eyes. His Cutie Mark was a cluster of Venus Flytraps on a white background. The Stallion spoke, in an unexpectedly soft voice for a Pony his size.

"Hello my beautiful Garden, looking forward to later?" Trapper asked with a flirty smile.

"You know I am sweety." She said with a giggle.

Fate had other plans however.

Just than, they heard the door open and close, walking into the hall they found their daughter Grace, who looked absolutely, for lack of a better word; shell shocked. Immediately the two were at he side and helped her to the couch.

"Grace deary?" Flower asked worriedly, "What's wrong?"

"Are you hurt?" Trapper asked as he checked her over. "Were you harmed?"

Grace finally looked at them with fear-filled eyes after a few minutes. "Mom... Dad..." She began, then she dropped a bombshell.

"I'm carrying Foals, and Dusk is the father."

Author's Note:

So my first chapter post of 2022, let's hope this year I can get more chapters than last year out. :twilightsmile:

So this chapter ended up going longer than I expected so the next one will start with Dragonfly show the Mane Six the Hive, sorry about the inconvenience.

But besides showing a bit about Flame Flower, we learn that Grace is in fact carrying. Wonder how her friends and especially Dusk is going to take the news.