• Published 28th Nov 2019
  • 3,623 Views, 262 Comments

The Dragonfly Hive - Silver Dragon Blade Wing



A young Changeling Prince, with the help of his allies and friends, must become strong enough to challenge and defeat Chrysalis to protect the land and the ones he loves.

  • ...
4
 262
 3,623

A Day in the Hive

The day before the Canterlot Visit

Hive Throne Room

Dragonfly was laying down on his bed-like throne resting his head on a hoof as he lazily browsed through the various options on his Hive Interface Screen, he and Belle would be heading to Canterlot later that day and were waiting for the afternoon train. Dragonfly was bored; he’d already taken care of all his duties that needed to be dealt with before he left as he and Belle would be staying for a few days, not that his Hive would fall apart without him and he still had the Hivemind if they needed him. Between Seeker, Rhino, Spotter, and Darter, the Hive would be fine.

And before anyone said anything about tempting fate, the Hive were ready for that if it happened.

He was brought out of his thoughts when he felt a small and warm object lean against his side. He smiled in amusement as he turned to see Ocellus, with a small stack of books next to her, laying down and leaning against his side smiling softly at him.

"Like old times huh, my little Sugarbug." He said with a grin and light chuckle as he leaned down to nuzzle her head as his long tail curved around and covered her like a blanket. Ocellus nodded shyly and leaned into the nuzzle, making a quiet purr-like sound as she settled against Dragonfly's side and quickly fell asleep, breathing softly as Dragonfly smiled warmly at her and turned back to his Hive Interface Screen, Ocellus using her tail to pull Dragonfly's closer against her.

Antenna happened to be walking by on one of the walkways that curved around the outer sides of the Throne Room and noticed this. She smiled softly at the sight, and she stayed hidden, just watching the two. Her ears then twitched as she heard Bluebelle quietly say; "That's so adorable, he'll be such a good father one day."

Antenna turned her head to see Blue standing a few feet away, close to the entrance to the balcony outside and having not noticed Antenna who walked over startling Blue slightly but the latter gave the former a cheerful smile before blushing slightly. "I take it you heard what I just said?"

Antenna shrugged sheepishly. "A trait you pick up pretty quick in the badlands is being able to eavesdrop and hear potential secrets." She glanced back at Dragonfly with a smile. "Though, it's no secret that Dragonfly is great with the young. We are incredibly lucky to have him as the Hive Leader."

“I agree with that; besides what he told me about Chrysalis I’ve asked his other Changelings and more than a few had some horror stories about their former Royals.” Belle grimaced, “I figured it was best I didn’t know too much about that, especially after some of the looks of trauma as the stories were told. Easy to see why Dragonfly was so popular.”

“I prefer the more obvious reasons why he was popular,” Antenna admitted with a small grin. “Like his charisma.”

The two sat quietly for a moment, watching as Ocellus snuggled deeper into Dragonfly’s side, when a thought occurred to Belle and she turned to Antenna again.

“What about you Antenna? From what I’ve seen and heard; you and Dragonfly have known each other for a long time. Would you mind telling me that story?” Belle asked.

Antenna gave her a soft smile. “Not at all Blue: We first met when we were still nymphs. I’m only a few years older than Dragonfly, and at the time, I was rather lanky for my age. Being a Jewel Beetle, others liked to get on my case; bully, harass, all that stuff. But, one day... I was on the ground, and there was laughter and jeering all around me... until this one Royal Nymph; tall as a hero, with a long mane and tail stepped up to my defense." She gazed wistfully. "It was Dragonfly. My first real friend. We would spend hours talking, exploring, practicing dealing with others..." She looked down. "And when my mother... 'passed,' Dragonfly helped me through it." She laughed. "Even now, he continues to be a friend to the Nymphs. You should see him interacting with our own."

Belle smiled and giggled. "I have; and it’s so adorable. From what I know, the Nymphs would gather around him like puppies, even when he was a Nymph."

"That's right." Antenna confirmed with a laugh. "The sight of him with so many Nymphs snuggled up to him like he's a Papa wolf or something was quite the sight. Empress Nebula even got a picture of one such scene."

Antenna then sighed. "Dragonfly was such a major help during those hard days. And after my Hive was attacked and we had to serve as "escorts"..." She trailed off as Belle reached over and placed her hoof over her's.

"You were only trying to keep your Hive alive, Antenna. Sure, you had to do things you didn't want to, but it's still far more than what could've been said for most of the other Royals if even half of the stories I’ve heard from Dragonfly and his own Hive are true."

Antenna softly smiled. "You're right Blue, and finding Dragonfly alive again... the news of his death was one of the hardest hits we ever took." She smiled brightly. "I'm so glad to know he's alive."

“Especially with Chrysalis still at large; to be quite frank: I’d much rather have him as leader of the Changelings, at the very least he’s not planning conquest beyond defeating Chrysalis.” She left out a soft sigh. “To be honest; I’m a bit scared when that battle finally happens. We all know that only one Royal will be walking away alive from that fight. I’m really hoping it’s Dragonfly.”

Antenna’s expression grew fierce. “He will. One way or another, Chrysalis will not walk away from that fight alive. I won’t let her hurt…” she paused, snapping out of her trance. “Oh, goodness. My apologies. My mind went somewhere dark there for a second.”

Belle waved it off, “No worries Antenna; I completely get how you’re feeling on that.” She then raised a brow as a thought occurred to her. “By the way Antenna; I’ve noticed something a little strange.”

“Strange how?” Antenna asked, her own brow raised.

Belle chuckled, “I’ve noticed the quick looks and small smiles you send in Dragonfly’s direction, being around Nobles for most of my life means one tends to pick up subtle signs like that, especially if it means knowing who are the gold diggers. So tell me Antenna…” Belle leaned forward, a sly smile on her face, until their noses were just touching.

“Do you have a crush on Dragonfly?”

Antenna blushed a bright red. Her blue eyes glanced away. “Well, um…” she mumbled nervously.

“Before you hit the panic button Antenna, I don’t mind.” Belle reassured her. “Being he was your first friend and he was there for you when you needed him most, I totally understand why you’d fall for him. As you know; herding is perfectly fine here in Equestria as long as everyone involved has given their consent, so neither me nor my sister would have a problem if you wanted to join. I may have been his first, but he’s told me a lot about you and I know you’re a good Changeling Antenna.”

Antenna perked up, her blush fading as a hopeful look entered her eyes. “You… you really think so?”

“I understand that you’re feeling reluctant Antenna, and I’m not saying you have to join, I’m just letting you know the offer is there.” Belle reached over and pulled Antenna into a warm hug.

Antenna almost seemed to melt into the hug, holding Belle closely. “I’d like that,” she admitted. “I’d really-really like that.”

Any further talk was interrupted when an alarm suddenly went off, causing the two of them as well as Dragonfly and Ocellus to leap into the air in surprise. After calming down for a moment they realized it was Belle’s pocket watch, the alarm having been set so her and Dragonfly would have enough time to take care of any last minute things before they left for Canterlot.

“Wow time flies when you’re having fun.” Belle mused as Dragonfly got up, handling a sleepy Ocellus like a pro by gently using his nose to lay her down on the throne’s seat, allowing her to curl up into a ball and go back to sleeping as Dragonfly levitated over a small blanket and set if over her, finishing with a gentle nuzzle to her head.

“See you when we get back, my little sugarbug.”

Belle and Antenna could only give quiet “Dawwws.” at the sight.


Two Hours after Dragonfly and Belle left for Canterlot

Everfree Forest, somewhere close to the border near Ponyville

“I’m just saying Buzz; the eighth and ninth movies had their good moments.”

“And I do agree with you Tick, but it still doesn’t make up for the rest. I’m not one to criticize movies, games, or any form of media until I try it myself, and even then I’m a “If I enjoy it, I enjoy it” sort of ling. But those two movies were just… ugh. I can’t really stomach them other than a few select scenes like the Dreadnought’s appearance or the chasing battle, though I’m not sure if you can call getting your ships blasted as they run out of fuel as they run a battle.”

“I can understand that Buzz; I didn’t like the prequels all that much, though considering some of the newer crap that’s come out I’ve gotten a new appreciation for them.”

“I feel ya, the first six movies were my nymphhood and while the seventh, eighth and ninth movies weren’t very good the one called “Renegade One” was awesome.”

“Now on that I completely agree, especially the villain’s appearance towards the end.”

The two drones, Buzz and Tick, were off duty and taking a walk through the safer outer areas of the Everfree and got to talking about movies, landing on their current topic of a series called Void Battles.

“While I didn’t like the prequels, I’m really enjoying the currently running show.”

“The Mirror Wars?” Buzz asked.

“Yep.” Tick responded.

“I’m enjoying it as well, could use some polish but it’s only a few episodes into the first season so that’s something you have to expect.” Buzz said, giving his ear a good scratch.

“Yeah; the first season of any show is to set the stage and iron out any flaws.” Tick said, hovering over a large mud puddle in their path.

As the two walked and talked the topic shifted several times, before they had a rather unfortunate encounter. Buzz and hopped onto a lump thinking it was just some raised ground, only to discover it was a Manticore, who was not happy at being awoken from its nap.

“OH SH-RUN!” Buzz shouted as he and Tick turned tail and booked it, the Manticore on close behind.

“Buzz it’s a Manticore!” Tick shouted.

“WWHHHOOOOAAAA BUCK!

In the Drones’ panic and need to get away they forgot about their wings. And to be fair when chased by a cat the size of a Manticore one’s first thought is getting the hay out of there as fast as possible. That and these Drones had… sort of skipped out on their combat training, something the two were regretting right now and they made a mental note to fix that later, while really hoping that Rhino didn’t get ahold of them first.

Two things they hadn’t played hooky on however, was their speed and evasion training. Drones, being on the smaller side, especially when compared to Soldiers, where naturally both fast movers and slippery little buggers (no pun intended) and their smaller size made them smaller targets, a fact the Manticore was learning as each time it tried to hit them the two would dodge each blow, if only just but a near-miss was still a miss.

As they ran they used the undergrowth to their advantage by weaving through every narrow space they could find, while being careful to not hit a dead end. It was going well until the Manticore ran right into a thick wall of thorns, emerging with an enraged “Now it’s personal” look as the two Drones yelped and bolted.

“GUYS!” Buzz shouted as he and Tick jumped down a hill, the Manticore not far behind.

“Guys! Everyling get your weapons! Get your weapons ready! There’s a cat!”

Nearby a group of four Soldier Changelings sat in a small clearing just doing their own thing; one was checking the sharpness of his throwing axe by running his hoof, very carefully over the cutting edge. Another was munching on a bag of...

“Nom nom nom nom nom. Peanuts.”

The Soldier with the axe paused, and facehoofed with a shudder. “Oh.. I heard that sooo wrong.”

The one with the bag of peanuts stopped munching and looked at his companion. “Wha- Antlion what did you hear?!”

Next to them, watching with amusement, were the other two Soldiers, only… one was a Jewel Beetle Changeling from the shiny chitin covering his body and the slightly different shape. The last one however stood out the most as she was a Full Hybrid, one of a Winged Thestral, who was currently laying on top of the Jewel Beetle Soldier, who was on his back, licking his neck like it was a popsicle with a few nips here and there.

Judging from the purring and moans of delight, he didn’t mind at all.

Since Antenna’s Hive had joined with Dragonfly’s and Jewelbeetle had revealed herself the three different Changeling races had been mingling and beyond some small hiccups here and there there had been no problems, there’d even been a number of… “get togethers” among the three.

“Get your weapons ready! There’s a cat!”

“Where-why-were-what?” Antlion said as he looked and the others got up.

“We’re comin’ in! We’re comin’ in! Get your weapons ready!”

The Jewel Beetle Soldier grabbed his spear as the others did the same. “Alright we’re ready, where are you?!

“We’re coming right towards you Emerald!” Buzz shouted as he fired out of the bushes behind the Soldiers, Tick right on his tail.

“Right towards ME!?” Emerald said as he and his fellows turned around.

“There’s a cat!” Tick shouted pointing back the way the two Drones came from, right as the Manticore leaped out of the brush.

“BRING IT KITTEN!!” The Hybrid Winged Thestral roared as she charged, caught the Manticore’s front paws on her spear, and flipped it head over heels to the side as the other Soldiers joined her.

“We’re takin’ you DOWN!” The Mare roared as the battle started.

Unlike the two Drones, these Soldiers did not skip out on their combat training and working as a team they quickly sent the Manticore running back into the brush with its’ tail between its’ legs. Once they were sure it was gone the Soldiers turned to the tired Drones, who were unhurt other than a few minor marks on their chitin.

“Thanks guys,” Buzz said between breaths. “Lesson learned: Don’t skip Combat Training. We’ll need to fix that.”

“Indeed you do.”

All six Changelings froze at both the voice and the tone.

Slowly, they turned to where the voice had come from and saw Rhino standing there in all his unholy glory, and he didn’t look happy.

Immediately the six Changelings lined up and saluted, Rhino returned it and started speaking.

“At ease troops, I’m not mad that you drove off the Manticore, great job on that. What I am mad about is these two Drones skipping out on combat training.” Rhino directed his gaze at the said Drones who cringed while lowering their heads and ears.

“It’s situations like this that are the reason that all Changelings in this Hive need to have some combat training at the very least. I understand there are those among you who don’t want to fight and that’s fine, But the reality is that Chrysalis is still out there biding her time and to defeat and remove her as a threat to not just to the Changelings but the world as a whole. Because of that we need every ling that can fight.” He leaned down and spoke in a softer tone to Buzz and Tick.

“I know you two came from a bad Hive and it left you two with some trauma, but let me put it to you this way: Are you just going to let that trauma rule your lives, or are you going to stare it in the eye and spit. You two are not in that Hive anymore and now you’ve got plenty of others to talk to and help you, all you have to do is ask.”

Buzz and Tick looked at each other, Rhino was right in that the two did have lingering trauma from their old Hive but they had left that behind. Wordless, the two nodded at each other and turned to Rhino with determined gazes.

Rhino’s smile shined brightly. “That’s the spirit.”

Buzz and Tick made their way back to the Hive as Rhino dismissed the Soldiers, soon following the two. As he did, Rhino looked up into the sky, a small smile appearing on his face.

Gem Moth, wherever you are now, I hope you’re happy.

As he thought this he gently placed his hoof on the middle of his chest armor, over his heart, where hidden from the world a small moth-shaped pendant made from a black opal rested, safely protected by his armor, as a single small tear fell from his eye.

I’m so sorry I couldn’t protect you that horrible day, my love.


Later, at the Hive Arena/Training area

Rhino’s Office

As Commander of the Hive’s Military, Rhino had the various duties one would expect, including the paperwork which he hated with a burning passion. At least for now he was down with it, sure it wasn’t actually that much he was dreading the day when it would pile. Leaning back in his chair Rhino’s eyes soon fell on a framed picture on his desk, picking it up he gazed sadly into it.

The picture was of a much younger version of him, around late teens/young adult, but next to him was another Soldier but this one was a female with moth-like wings, a huge happy smile on her face, and a foreleg around Rhino’s shoulders and neck. His younger self had a smile of his own… and a small blush.

The female Soldier was Gem Moth, a very close friend of Rhino’s, and his lover, the pendant he wore now had been her’s. Sadly she was no longer among the living, but she didn’t die in battle; Jewel’s father killed her. Gem had been injured defending the Hive from an attack and because of those injuries she was unable to move on her own. This wouldn’t have been a problem as Changelings are tough nuts to crack and she would have recovered in time, but Jewel’s father thought differently and when Jewelbeetle had gone to help Gem out the former’s father had used his magic to effectively take control of Jewel and force her to bring her mace down on Gem’s head, crushing it.

Rhino wiped some tears from his eyes, at least it had been instant and the others knew who the real killer was. Jewel Beetle was horrified and that was the last straw for her; after that the second she could get away from her father Jewel ran to the one Changeling she knew could protect her: Nebula Sheen, who granted Jewel sanctuary without a second thought. Even Jewel’s father, for how he was, feared Nebula’s wrath and she was waiting for the moment he slipped up. Not that it came to it, as her husband Black Saber dealt with him first.

Saber was really popular among the regular Changelings after that.

Rhino had also left that Hive soon after, never looking back and eventually ended up in Germaney where he joined the military and rose through the ranks quickly, gaining a few stories to tell. Though there were some parts of his time there he’d rather leave behind.

Setting the picture back on the desk he stood up and left his office, reaching the door to the Barracks he opened it to find the Soldiers within fast asleep. Rhino thought for a moment about how to wake them before settling on the simple approach: Banging his hoof against the door and yelling in his Drill Sergeant voice “WAKEY WAKEY!”

The Soldiers snapped awake in an instant and scrambled out of their beds as Rhino walked in bellowing at the top of his lungs.

“Rise and shine! Beauty sleep’s over! We’re burning daylight and Arena Time! Don’t make me drag you there by your tails because I will!”

The Soldiers, knowing full well Rhino would drag them by their tails (it hurt just as much as you’d think), quickly got their gear and zoomed to the Arena. When they got there they entered and lined up in their usual spot and waited for Rhino to arrive.

The Arena was as one would expect when thinking of an arena; a large open pit with seats and doors surrounding it. Generally it was used for training and more as a gym but other members of the Hive would gather to watch whatever was going on in the pit when they had nothing else to do or were off-duty. Today this group of twenty Soldiers were going to be doing three drills: basic endurance training, one-on-one spars, and battle training against Golems. Rhino arrived soon after and the Soldiers began.

Starting with the endurance training, the Soldiers did very well with most of them being able to run seven hundred laps without issue. Most had to stop after around seven hundred and fifty laps, but a few were able to do around nine hundred. Though they collapsed from exhaustion as Rhino facehoofed.

“Troops, I know this is endurance training but pushing yourselves too much wouldn’t help much in that as you’ll be forced to rest up for longer lengths of time which might reverse your progress. Pace yourselves, push your limits but don’t go too far, do it small bits at a time.”

The spars went normally, though the Soldiers got nervous when they faced Rhino and for good reason; Rhino was highly experienced and proceeded to wipe the floor with each of them, though the Soldiers, despite not having much of a chance against him, did their best to make him work for the victory.

Finally, for the battle against the Golems went better for the Soldiers, Rhino frowned as he watched the Soldiers take the Golems down with ease.

Maybe it’s time to try something new, these Golems are starting to be defeated too easily. An ice Mage would be a good challenge. Hmmm… maybe I could ask our guard friends to join in on some of these training sessions when they have time. Would mix things up a bit.


Hive Corridors

Antenna was walking through the halls humming a cheerful tune to herself and lost in her own world. Her Hive was safe; she no longer had to make the hard choices she had to make during the time under the various Warlords. It was enough to make her lighter than air.

As she walked, she paused. Old habits didn’t go away easily, and though she didn’t turn, she noticed a pair of shiny blue eyes following her on the ceiling. Stepping into the light revealed the eyes belonged to Thorax, who had a cheeky grin on his face. Antenna waited, giving Thorax his chance. With a wag of his tail, he shot from the ceiling, aiming for her back.

However, Antenna suddenly sidestepped while turning with her forelegs at the ready. Thorax realized what was coming but couldn’t stop in time as he landed in Antenna’s grasp. The second she had him in her grip Antenna leaned down and nuzzled Thorax’s belly, the spot where he was extremely ticklish and something his brother would take full advantage of whenever they had played.

“Lookie-lookie,” Antenna teased. “I caught myself a Thorax.” Antenna giggled as Thorax laughed hard, she tickled him for a few moments before Antenna set the giggling Proto-Royal down and let him recover from his giggles and hiccups.

Eventually Thorax recovered and stood up. “Guess I need to work on my stealth.” He said with a sheepish smile.

Antenna giggled. “Oh no Thorax, your stealth was fine; it’s just that living under Warlords for as long as we did means one tends to pick up a few things.” She reached over and gave his head a gentle rub. Thorax leaned into the rub with a little purr.

Antenna smiled warmly at him then asked. “So? What are you up to?”

Thorax smiled and said hopefully. “I was wondering if you wanted to play.”

Antenna briefly paused - the warlords’ laughter briefly echoing in her memories - but she shook it off. Thorax’s idea of play was vastly different from theirs. Re-composing herself, she grinned widely. ”Well that sounds like something I can do.”

Thorax leaned down like he was gonna pounce, tail wagging with a playful grin. Antenna returned the grin and lowered her front as well. Thorax moved first but actually tricked Antenna by feigning an attack to the left which caught Antenna by surprise and launching a quick tickle attack to her side, which sent Antenna into a fit of giggles and before she could get him back Thorax took off, Antenna soon following hot on his tail.

First Mother, did I miss being able to play with the young Changelings.’ Antenna thought to herself happily as she chased a laughing Thorax.


Upper Levels

Kitchens

The Head Drone Chef could only stare in mute astonishment and jaw hanging as she gazed around the Kitchens, or rather what was left of it. In short: The Kitchen was a total mess.

The entire place was covered in the splattered remains of food that even she couldn’t identify (and that was saying something), even dripping down from the ceiling of all places. Most of the stoves looked like someone had set a bomb off inside their, a few even flat out missing their doors. Cutlery was scattered around like it had been loaded and fired out of a cannon, and in the middle of the mess were three very confused and sheepish Drones.

The Head Chef slowly recovered then looked at the three. “Okay… could someling please tell me what in the name of our Prince happened in here.”

There was a pause as the three Drones looked at each other, before the center one spoke. “To be completely honest… we don’t have a clue on what happened. All we know is we were fixing up some food and next thing we knew there was a loud bag and a hurricane of food paste raging in here.”

The Head Chef pinched the bridge of her snout to try and fight off the incoming headache.

“So what you’re saying is that the food just randomly burst from the ovens like an enraged beast breaking free of its cage… Somehow I’m having a hard time believing that, yet at the same time it makes a little bit of sense.”

Letting out a heavy sigh she looked at the Drones again. “And what were you three making?”

The three paused again, then the Drone on the left spoke up.

“Well I was making pizza while they were making cakes and meat pies.” He said, gesturing to the middle and right Drones respectively.

“Pizza, cakes, and meat pies… and here we are standing in the middle of a food cyclone and none of us know just what happened.” The Head Chef grumbled. “Do we even want to know what happened?”

The three Drones looked at each other again and after a moment just shrugged, the Head Chef shook his head.

“I’ll take that as a no, let’s just get maintenance up here before our Prince get’s back.”


Upper Levels

Egg Chamber

The Hive’s Egg Chamber was busy with Healers looking after the Grubs and Nymphs, some were playing peek-a-boo by poking their heads out of holes around the room, much to the Grubs and younger Nymphs' delight. Others were bathing the young with… varying degrees of success, most of the Healers getting as wet as their young charges. Joining the Healers were Thunderlane and Flitter who lent a hoof.

Thunderlane was holding a young Grub and feeding it a liquid form of E-Energy from a crystal bottle as one of the Healers, a Mare, who was doing the same thing, looked over to him.

“You’re really good at this, aren’t you Thunderlane?”

Said Hybrid nodded.

“Rumble was very young when our former Hive was attacked and our parents…” He paused for a moment before shaking his head.

“Well after that I was left to look after my little bro alone, so I had to learn quickly. Thankfully we ended up in Ponyville soon after and Mrs’ Cake was a huge help after I explained our situation, altered a little bit of course, and she taught me the basics. Since then I’ve been raising him, I was not about to let Foal Protection Services separate him from me without a fight. There was this one official that seemed bent on doing it, but I had unexpected, but not unwelcome, help from a lawyer; Miss Nightrose.”

“Oooh I’ve heard of her:” The Healer responded. “One of the most feared lawyers when it comes to family matters. From what I know she’s a mother herself, though she apparently isn’t looking after her daughter.”

“That’s because of a few factors; for one Miss Nightrose lives in Canterlot and her daughter is a Winged Thestral, same as her husband.” Thunderlane said, “who’s living in a Veteran’s Hospital as he lost his right wing and eye, all but his right foreleg, and his ability to speak saving his comrades from an explosive. Heck from what I know it’s a miracle he’s even alive and his mind is intact.”

The Healer nodded in sympathy. “Poor guy, at least he’s alive and around for his wife and daughter.”

“True,” Thunder agreed, “but because of her work she isn’t home much since she handles special cases. I don’t know the exact kinds other than the ones involving Foals, but because she’s on call at all times she can’t really look after her daughter. Now don’t get me wrong; from what I know she loves her daughter deeply but because of her work she can’t spend much time with her. That and the fact that her daughter, Lilly Rose, got into trouble in school after a bully targeted her… and she broke all four of his legs.”

The Healer startled, nearly tossing the Grub she was holding imto the air but was able to stop herself. “All four of his legs?! How old is Lilly?”

“She’s ten years old.” Thunder replied.

“Dang that Filly’s got some power.” The Healer said in amazement. ”She’s been eating her wheaties.”

Both chuckled at the joke.

“Yeah I would say, though she did that with her wings and it was by accident. Still… I would not want to be in that bully’s place.” Thunder said, the Healer nodding in agreement.

“So if Lilly’s mother is unable to look after her, and her father is in the same boat, who is looking after her?” The Healer asked.

“That would be Nightrose’s Nephew; a Unicorn Stallion named Silver Flame, though Lilly likes to call him “Uncle”, when he’s actually her cousin. Why I don’t know but I think it’s because he’s a decade older than her at least.” Thunder said.

“Makes sense.”

Thunder then chuckled. “Funny enough; they actually live right here in Ponyville, but Silver and his family have been on a vacation traveling abroad and while they had some delays they should be returning home any day now.”

“Where does Silver live?” The Healer asked.

“He lives on the edge of town, in a large clearing a little into the Whitetail Woods. There’s an old mansion there that he bought for cheap and fixed up.”

The Healer raised an eyebrow. “A mansion for cheap? Sounds like a scam if I’ve ever heard one.”

Thunder laughed. “It was, but Silver pulled a fast one on the scammer as he knows how to enchant gems and he did so with a restoration spell.”

The Healer’s eyes widened and she burst out laughing. “Oh that sneaky Unicorn; he bought a run-down dump for pocket change, then used the spells to restore it back to its glory days.”

Thunderlane also laughed. “I will never forget the look on the scammers’ faces as they watched this happen and left town in defeat.”

The two were interrupted by the sound of laughter from Flitter, turning the two saw the Pegasus Mare being dogged piled by Nymphs, who began to tug on her mane, tail, ears, and bow while others jumped onto her belly and tickled or nipped it which caused her lather to increase.

Thunderlane and the Healer smiled.

“She always loved playing with Rumble, and as we can see; she’s loving this.” Thunder said, gesturing to the Mare in question with a wing. The Healer chuckled and nodded in agreement.

Author's Note:

Finally new chapter! Since the story mostly focuses on Dragonfly Wings and his company, a chapter showing what his Hive get's up to was something I've been wanting to do for a long time now, but was unsure of what I wanted to do with it. So here's the first take on it, with more down the line.

For those of you that don't know, the "Eat you wheaties" joke is according to an urban dictionary, means: "A figure of speech which implies that you must be thoroughly prepared before engaging in a certain event. Usually, factors such as health and mental state fall into what could be considered a "normal" state. however when the term eat your wheaties is directed at you this is done to inform you that to compete you must supercede normal levels of functioning."

It just popped into my head while writing and it seemed prefect for that bit.

We also hear of two of my OCs who while pretty developed haven't yet got into any of my stories; Sliver Flame and Lilly Rose. I've been wanting to include them in a story for a long time now but I wasn't sure which one or how, as first I had no idea how I could add them into this story since by this point Dragonfly has been living in Ponyville for a few years and I can say for certain they would have encounter each other.

Funny story: While disguised, both Dragonfly and Silver Flame look almost exactly alike! To the point where it would be too easy to mistake them for being twins, when they are not related and from what I remember; we never really saw any two Ponies that looked alike that weren't family in some way. So I'm all but sure that would attract attention.

But then it clicked; by having Silver and his family traveling abroad it would mean they would be out of town for that time, why a few years? Well let's just say they were taking their time and had some delays but are otherwise fine. We'll be seeing Silver and Lilly next chapter where we'll get more details, and you can bet your tail (no matter if you have one or not) that Silver's going to be meeting Dragonfly.

Now this chapter is likely going to be the last one I post this year for any of my stories, since this year had just been *bleh* for me. I'm hoping next year will be better in regards to chapters but we'll have to wait and see.

Speaking of which; High Sea is going to be on a short hiatus since my focus is elsewhere, but I'm hoping to return to it soon, same with Hunting Grounds and Hidden Tribes.

Think that's everything. I'll see you all next time. :pinkiehappy: