• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 2,776 Views, 51 Comments

A Day in the Life - TheHardie-Boy



A Choose-Your-Own-Adventure story within the Jake Taylorverse

  • ...
5
 51
 2,776

Buy Twilight a Ring

As I tried to make my decision I found myself looking more at the rings than the earrings. I couldn’t explain it, but for some reason I was more drawn to them, like there was this little voice inside me telling me to go with a ring. I started to scan the rings more intently until I found one that made me stop, one that made everything clear.

It was a simple gold band with a stylized floral design, but what caught my eye was the violet sapphire within it. It was the exact same shade of violet as Twilight’s eyes.

All of a sudden my mind started flooding with memories of Twilight, memories like the first time I saw her, or when I returned to her from my journeys, or even when she was happily looking at all the antique jewelry a moment ago. I knew right then why I wanted a ring, why I wanted this ring.

I quietly called the sales pony over so as not to alert Twilight about what I was doing and made my purchase. It couldn’t have been more than five seconds after the transaction was complete that Twilight appeared from around the corner.

“Jake, what happened to you?” she said with a slightly sad expression. “I looked around and you weren’t there.”

“Oh, um, sorry, Twilight,” I apologized as I quickly put the ring a box and held it behind my back. “I just got distracted by…um…”

I stopped midsentence as I clutched the box behind me, contemplating what I was going to say. At first I was going to tell her that I’d been distracted by something in the store so I could surprise her with the ring later, but that little voice inside me told me not to wait.

“Actually, I was buying something,” I honestly told Twilight.

“Oh, what did you get?” Twilight inquired with a hint of surprise in her voice.

Without saying a word, I held up the box for Twilight and the world to see.

“Ooh, that looks really nice,” Twilight commented. “But I’m not sure it’s big enough to really hold anything, Jake.”

“It’s not for me,” I solemnly informed my marefriend. “It’s for you.”

“Wait, what?!” Twilight asked in shock.

Before I said anything further, I got down on one knee so that I’d be at eye level with Twilight and opened the box. She gazed inside and gasped as soon as she saw what was inside, her beautiful violet eyes large with shock.

“I love you, Twilight,” I serenely said. “And I know that I don’t need a ring or a piece of jewelry to prove that to you, but I still want to do this.”

“J-Jake, w-what are you doing?” Twilight asked me as she started to hyperventilate, though I was pretty sure she knew exactly what I was doing.

“Twilight Sparkle,” I began to say as I held the ring up to her. “I should have done this a long time ago, but... Will you do the honor of marrying me?”

There were a few seconds of silence. I could tell Twilight was trying to say something, but she mustn’t have been able to get the words out.

“Y-Yes,” she eventually, very softly, answered as she started to cry. “Yes, of course I’ll marry you, Jake.”

All I could do in response was give the happiest smile of my life as I placed the ring on Twilight’s horn. Once the ring was on, Twilight embraced me in the biggest hug she’d ever given me.

“I love you more than anything, Jake,” she cried into my shoulder. “And now... now you’ve made me the happiest mare in all of Equestria.”

I hugged Twilight back as I too started to shed tears of joy.

“And you’ve made me the happiest man in all of Equestria,” I replied.

“You’re the only man in Equestria,” Twilight chuckled as she slightly broke the hug and stared at me with tear-filled eyes.

“You know what I mean,” I playfully chuckled back.

“Yeah, yeah, I do,” Twilight said just before we both leaned in for a kiss.

As Twilight and I kissed right there in the antique store, I felt the happiest I’d ever felt, know that someday soon the two of us would finally be husband and wife.

Devoted Ending