• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 2,775 Views, 51 Comments

A Day in the Life - TheHardie-Boy



A Choose-Your-Own-Adventure story within the Jake Taylorverse

  • ...
5
 51
 2,775

Beginning the day (start here)

I woke up with a yawn. I couldn’t recall having any plans, so I decided to wing it and go out into the kitchen.

There, I saw Spike, Starlight Glimmer, and Twilight Sparkle having breakfast.

“Morning, Jake,” Twilight said rather cheerfully.

“Morning, Twi,” I replied, rubbing my face. “Anything on the agenda for today?”

“Well, we found some old boxes up one of the upstairs rooms. We’re gonna bring ‘em down here and go through them,” Starlight answered before taking a bite out of her pancakes.

“Alright, I’ll help out,” I offered.


After breakfast, the four of us were all carrying the boxes from upstairs to down stairs. Though, Spike and I were the only one actually “carrying” anything. Twilight and Starlight were levitating the boxes.

“Alright, I think that’s the last of them,” I said, wiping the sweat off my brow.

“I’ve been meaning to move these books to my reference section for a while. Gotta keep new books front and center!” Twilight said. “Thank you three for your help!”

“Are you kidding? After all you’ve done for me, this is least I could do,” Starlight replied.

“Oh please, I haven’t done that much,” Twilight said.

While the girls had their talk, Spike and I sat down.

“Starlight’s made a lot of progress,” Spike said, clearly impressed.

“I can’t say much, but I don’t doubt you,” I replied. “After hearing what she’s done in the past, though, I am really proud if her. Twilight too; I remember her being a lot more...”

“Panicky?” Spike said for me.

“I was gonna say ‘excitable’, but ‘panicky’ works too, I guess,” I replied.

We both silently listened as the girls carried on with their conversation.

“So...any plans for the day?” Spike asked out of nowhere.

“Not really. I was thinking of spending the day planning something for the girls, but I don’t know what,” I answered.

“Why not spend the day with one of them, and see what they like?” Spike suggested.

“That could work. The question is, who?” I said. “First, there’s Twilight. We still haven’t caught up much since I returned, so we could do that.”

“There’s also Starlight,” Spike added. “You could spend the day with her and get to know some of her more personal interests, rather than just cuddle, like you usually do.”

“Yeah, but there’s also Sunset,” I replied. “I haven’t seen or talked to her in a while, or her friends. I could go over to her world and surprise her. What do you think, Spike?”

“I don’t know, all good ideas,” Spike said, scratching his chin.

After a few minutes of thought, I came up with a decision. “I know, I’ll spend the day with...”

Spend the day with Twilight Sparkle

Spend the day with Starlight Glimmer

Spend the day with Sunset Shimmer