• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 2,768 Views, 51 Comments

A Day in the Life - TheHardie-Boy



A Choose-Your-Own-Adventure story within the Jake Taylorverse

  • ...
5
 51
 2,768

Keep Hiding

“Run and hide in that cave before they get their vision back.”

I replied, “Okay, and that’s what I was thinking to do. Let’s go!”

Starlight I sped into the cave, hoping the changelings wouldn’t do it too. The cave had an eerie feeling, but the danger of what was outside forced me to ignore that feeling.

Safely away from the cave’s entrance, we both sat down to catch our breaths and laid our backs against a wall. The air this deep in the cave felt colder than it did outside, but thoughts about the changelings took my attention off the temperature.

“Okay, Starlight, I think we’re safe here. After a while, I’ll check to see if they’re gone.”

Starlight asked, “But where did they come from, and why are they here?”

“No idea, and nopony have seen any changelings since they were defeated in the Crystal Empire, save for Thorax. But those changelings aren’t acting like they’re searching for friends like Thorax was.”

Starlight huddled against and rested her head against me. “I wish Twilight and our friends were here to help.”

From deeper in the cave, we heard what sounded like buzzing. It seemed to be coming closer to us.

“Starlight? Do you hear that?”

“Yeah. What do you think it is?”

I didn’t have to give a guess: ten changelings flew close enough to come in to view.

Starlight and I screamed, jumped to our feet/hooves, and darted towards the cave entrance. I didn’t allow myself to think that we might run into the changelings we escaped from.

The moment we emerged from the cave, the pack of changelings we fled from previously pounced on us before we could react. Working together, the changelings immobilized us by wrapping us in some weird green cocoon, and even Starlight couldn’t free herself.

“No! Let Starlight go! Right now!”

Starlight whimpered, “This is all my fault! I’m so sorry, Jake!”

“No, Starlight, it’s not--”

“Yes, it is! If I had you pick what to do, this wouldn’t have happened!”

Powerless, Starlight and I were carried away. I had no idea what was going to happen to us, but I knew one thing for sure.

I would never forgive myself for not listening to Sugar Belle. If we followed that weird pony like she advised to do, who I now thought was a changeling, maybe we could have prevented this from happening.

Captured