• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 2,770 Views, 51 Comments

A Day in the Life - TheHardie-Boy



A Choose-Your-Own-Adventure story within the Jake Taylorverse

  • ...
5
 51
 2,770

Next

Now with things calmed down, Starlight and I could just kick back and have a relaxing chat with the villagers.

Double Diamond asked, “So, Starlight, with what happened behind us, how have you been since the last time we saw you?”

“Well, I’ve been learning friendship from Princess Twilight and I’ve made some great new friends.”

“And you feel like a different pony now, Starlight, so I say it’s paying off." Sugar Belle looked at me with a friendly smile. "And, Jake, we heard that you're from another world, so how do you like Equestria?”

“It took some getting used to, but I feel at home now. I’m actually happier here in Equestria than in my old world.”

A dark-blue pegasus that I didn't catch the name of yet told me, “That so? I’m glad to hear that and I forgot to tell you my name: it’s ‘Night Gilder'.”

“And how did you and Starlight meet, and have you been friends long?” Double Diamond asked.

I answered, “Uh...we haven’t known each other too long, but we are, uh…”

But Starlight, with a proud smile, interrupted, “We met soon after I became Princess Twilight’s student, and he’s my boyfriend.”

I thought Starlight might have felt embarrassed or uncomfortable to tell them we were dating. But Starlight instead said it with a lot of confidence. Not even Twilight is so blunt telling others we’re dating.

Night Gilder formed a puzzled frown. “Oh, he’s your, uh, ‘boyfriend’?”

I clarified, “That’s my world’s word for ‘coltfriend’. And I know Starlight and I dating might seem odd because I’m not a pony, but--”

With a smile full of understanding, Sugar Belle questioned, “And what’s odd about that? You care about each other, right?”

“Y-Yes,” I answered.

“Then that’s all that matters. All of us in this village have learned how important being able to make your own decisions is, so we’re not ones to judge others,” Double Diamond explained.

Wow. Seeing the kind of ponies they are, it’s no wonder they forgave Starlight so quickly. Ponies that aren’t my friends in Ponyville, or my marefriends, rarely made me feel this welcome.

As we continued our talk, I noticed a yellow unicorn wandering near the village, like they was checking out the area. From the long, white mane, it looked to be a mare and I pointed in her direction. “Wait, who’s that?”

Party Favor turned his head to the unicorn. “Her? I don’t know. I've never seen her before.”

Double Diamond also looked to the mare and greeted, “Welcome! Are you--”

The mare gasped and ran away from the village.

Starlight rubbed her head. “That was...odd.”

Night Glider added, “I have seen nervous ponies before, but that was just weird.”

“I have a bad feeling about her. Maybe we should try to see what she’s up to,” Sugar Belle proposed.

Double Diamond commented, “But then again, she didn’t seem like she wanted to cause any trouble. Maybe she just has a lot on her mind or something.”

Starlight stared at me. “What do you think, Jake? Should we follow her?”

“Well, I think that…”

Follow Suspicious Pony

Ignore Suspicious Pony