• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 2,770 Views, 51 Comments

A Day in the Life - TheHardie-Boy



A Choose-Your-Own-Adventure story within the Jake Taylorverse

  • ...
5
 51
 2,770

Prank Sunset

“The prank’s the thing, me thinks, to have some merriment with this fiery maiden,” I said to myself as I decided to go ahead with doing a prank, letting my inner Shakespearean actor out in the process.

I peered around the corner of the building and looked at Sunset sitting alone on the soccer field bleachers. At first glance, she didn’t seem to be doing anything other than sitting. However, as I looked harder I noticed she was tapping her hands on her knees in a rhythmic manner, like she was tapping along to music.

“She must be wearing wireless earbuds,” I said to myself.

This was perfect. If she was distracted by her music it’d be easier to prank her. The only question though, was how to prank her.

“Hmmm,” I muttered as I tried to think of a good prank to pull. “What to do? What to do?”

The trick was trying to think of a prank that wouldn’t be mean…or dangerous. I mean, Sunset’s a pretty chill girl and can take a prank with good humor, but everyone has their limits.

“How do Pinkie and Rainbow come up with good pranks?” I wondered aloud as I continued to think of a prank.

“Hi, Jake,” a familiar female voice said from right behind me.

“Gah!” I uttered as I turned around, startled out of my mind.

“Oops, sorry,” Trixie Lulamoon sincerely apologized. “I didn’t mean to scare you.”

As I caught my breath, I noticed that Trixie wasn’t alone. Her boyfriend, Flash Sentry, was with her.

“It’s fine, Trixie,” I assured her once my breathing steadied. “Hey, Flash.”

“Hey,” Flash affably said back.

“So what are you doing here, Jake?” Trixie inquired. “Are you looking for Sunset?”

“Well, not exactly,” I replied as I pointed around the corner. “Sunset’s sitting right over there, but she doesn’t know I’m here so I thought maybe I’d surprise her with a friendly little prank.”

“A prank?!” Trixie said as her face light up like a Christmas tree. “Ooh, Trixie loves pranks!”

I was a tad surprised to hear Trixie say that, though given her propensity for theatrical deception I suppose it made some sense. All the same though, I looked at Flash with a quizzical expression, silently asking him if Trixie was serious.

“It’s true, she enjoys a good prank,” Flash said to me, picking up on my silent question.

“Can we help?” Trixie asked me with puppy dog eyes. “Pretty, pretty please?”

Accept Flash and Trixie's help

Prank Alone