• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 2,770 Views, 51 Comments

A Day in the Life - TheHardie-Boy



A Choose-Your-Own-Adventure story within the Jake Taylorverse

  • ...
5
 51
 2,770

Run Away

“Run. If we sneak out the back door, maybe we could slip away without them spotting us.”

“What about the others?” Starlight asked.”

“Hopefully, the villagers are seeing this and will escape too. It’s too risky to stand and fight.”

“Okay, Jake. I’ll do whatever you think is best.”

“All right. When we get out, stay quiet, okay?”

Starlight nodded, and we ducked out the house’s back door. I hated the thought of not trying to warn the villagers, but doing it would have been far more dangerous for all of us. If they got caught, we would save them after Starlight and I told Twilight what happened.

But before we got too far, hissing came from behind us.

The changelings had spotted us and were all flying towards us!

“No! They saw us!” I exclaimed. “Let’s run for it!”

Starlight and I ran as fast as we could, away from the village and in the direction of the snow-covered mountains, with the changelings hissing behind us. Nearing the mountains, Starlight and I were getting tired, and the swarm were getting closer. Running like this wasn’t going to work.

As we fled, I looked down to Starlight. Because I do my best to make her feel safe and that she’ll never be alone, I sometimes forget how strong her magical skills are. Maybe she could do something?

“Starlight? Can you create a bright flash of light with your magic?”

“Yeah.”

“Then do it and blind the changelings!”

“Okay! Close your eyes!”

Both Starlight and I stopped running and I closed my eyes. After three seconds, Starlight told me, “It’s okay to open them now!”

I opened them, and the changelings were hissing and bumping into each other; some were on the ground and others remained in the air. The flash of light worked! We sped behind a large rock in front of us to hide, catch our breaths, and think of a way out of this.

We could hide in a nearby cave in the mountains before their vision returned, and hope they wouldn’t go in. Or maybe we could try to think of a way to lead them away, yet not get caught ourselves.

But while I was racking my brain for an idea, Starlight looked up to me.

“Do you have an idea, Starlight?”

Starlight nodded her head. “I do. I think that we should…”

Keep Hiding

Lead Changelings Away