• Published 6th Nov 2019
  • 7,602 Views, 568 Comments

Crushed: The Beginnings - Silent Wing



After a tragic accident, a young man wakes up in the Castle of the two pony sisters and is now presented with a second chance at life.

  • ...
30
 568
 7,602

PreviousChapters Next
32 back to school

“Hey guys, how have your holidays been?” I ask cheerfully when I arrive at the school and see Rainy, Rori and Ruby already talking with Button, silently praying that the news of the day before yesterday's event haven’t come down here already.

“Hey Wingy, where is your crown?” Ruby is the first to ask, shattering my hopes that everything would continue like nothing happened. Stupid Celestia, why couldn’t she just agree to keep the results of our trip to Griffonstone down for a bit longer.

“Safely stored in Canterlot, where else should it be?” I reply calmly, all the cheerfulness about finally seeing my friends again gone. “So, what did you do over the time I was gone?” I continue in an attempt to change the topic.

“Well, I was on tour with my dad, seeing all those shows and spending so much time with him was great. Too bad you and Rumble weren’t there, we could have really used your help in Baltimare.”

“Sorry Rainy. You know that I would have loved to help you?” I reply in earnest, only able to guess for what they would have needed me there. I am about to ask what the others have been up to, when something happens I could have really lived without.

“Your majesty, wouldn’t you like to spend your time with some more refined company, that actually equals your social standing?” The pink annoyance asks, falling in a bow so deep that I fear she falls over if a breeze only hits her in the wrong way.

“More refined company eh?” I reply with a cocky grin, fed up with all the shit she threw last year at me and my friends, thinking how I could possibly take advantage of the situation. “Then why are you bothering us, I am already in the best possible company.”

“But they are blank flanks, how could they possibly be a better company than Silver and me?” She retorts, unaware that I am not willing to make a scene at the first day of the new school year, not realizing that I gave her an easy way out of the situation.

“Yes, some of them are blank flanks, but so am I. Besides, did you really think that I want to be longer than absolutely necessary in your company, after how you treated me and my friends the entire last year?” I reply once more, already beginning to calm down again, still I can’t stop myself from delivering one last blow. “Truly, you can’t be that naive.”

I wait patiently for her to reply in any form, but this doesn’t happen, instead she just turns around and leaves us. I look at her retreating form for a moment before I turn my attention back to the other fillies. “So, who wants to go next.”

However, this question never gets answered since the school bell rings barley after the last word has left my muzzle, calling us all inside. “Good morning Class. It is nice to see everypony again after such a long time.”

A chorus of “good morning miss Cheerilee” is said in return and she looks around the class, only stopping when something catches her eye. “Does anypony know where Scootaloo is?” She asks a bit surprised to see her seat empty. A bit reluctantly I raise my hoof earning her attention. “Yes, Princess?”

Slowly getting annoyed by the fact that everypony seems only interested in that ocursed title now, I give her a glare that could have melted an ice block from the size of Canterlot Castle within a second, before I tell her what I know. “She has a few medical appointments in Cloudsdale and won’t be able to attend classes this week, maybe even next.”

“Oh, I hope it’s nothing bad.” Miss Cheerilee replies in understanding and after a few moments continues as planned.

“Before we begin with our math lessons, I want to let you know that the school newspaper staff will have a meeting today directly after class. Everypony that wants to join is welcome to stay.” She announces proudly, before starting with the previously mentioned subject, reminding everypony to focus on the task at hoof when the generall chatter becomes too loud.

Time flies by fast for me and all too soon we are released into recess, where Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle approach me immediately. “Hey Wingy, Sweetie and I want to try for our journalists cutie marks, are you willing to join?”

“Sorry girls, but that isn’t something I feel comfortable with.” I say to the excited filly, blocking every attempt to convince me otherwise from them. I have been pestered by those kind of ponies in the last week more than enough, so the simple thought of getting my mark in something like that sickens me.

A few more words are exchanged between the three of us before we separate ways, and I make my way to Rainy, Rori, and Ruby. I would have loved to listen to how they spent their holidays, but sadly I don’t even make it half the way, before I am surrounded by foals, all asking me countless questions.

“Guys, calm down!” I shout after a full minute of listening to this not understable mess. “I can’t answer anything if you don’t stop talking.”

“How long have you been a Princess now?” Dinky is the first to ask, causing me to think back slightly, when I try to remember when exactly the fight with Georg was.

“I think the events that lead to me becoming a Princess of the Griffon Kingdom happened around five maybe six weeks ago.” I reply unsure, since I didn’t bother to remember the exact day. Of course everypony, including Miss Cheerilee, wants me to retell how I accomplished this and that is how I waste all of my break.

Annoyed by this, I let myself drop unceremoniously fall on my bench and start to eat my daisy sandwich when classes start again. “What?” I ask annoyed as Miss Cheerilee gives me a disapproving look.

“You know that this is where reces is for?”

“Good one. As if I got the chance to eat anything.” I reply between two bites, not caring in the slightest what the others may think.

With a sigh of annoyance, Miss Cheerilee just continues with what she has planned for the rest of the school day. Which proves to be nothing out of the ordinary and once we are free to leave, Rainy, Rory, Ruby, and I decide to go to the park, maybe even taking advantage of the nice weather and go for a swim in the lake.

Halfway there, Rori is the one to break the awkward silence that had been hanging over us since we agreed on our destination. “So, how is it to be a Princess?”

While I don’t like that this topic comes up this early, I knew that I couldn’t avoid it forever and I am almost glad that I can get over with it so soon. There is just one tiny detail I have to know first. “Do you want to know the truth, or shall I fabricate a nice tale a la Trixie?”

“Truth.” All three of them reply in unison, making it easier for me, even if I doubt that they will like what they are about to hear.

“It sucks.” I replied and am not surprised to hear them all gasp in shock, even if I fell a little bad for shattering their perception of Royal life, I don’t regret it. After all, they asked me to do this.

“You basically have no time for yourself. What isn’t filled with meetings or horrible amounts of paperworks you have to go through, is wasted on formal events, like the Grand Galloping Gala for example, where you get bored to death.”

“And while I didn’t have to hold court on my own, I had to spend an entire day with Celestia to listen to every petition and tell her my thoughts of them. believe me when I say that some stuff the nobles in Canterlot can come up with makes Snips and Snails look like the next Twilight Sparkle.” While all of this is true, none of them needs to know that this happened the time after the Gala, when it was decided that sending me to magic kindergarten once more would be a bad idea.

“That doesn’t sound too bad.” Rainy replies unintentionally giving me a Steilvorlage (steep template????) for the next part.

“Normally yes, but you have to smile the whole six hours without making it look forced and have to stay calm the entire time. This includes no facehoofing when somepony asks for something incridbly stupid, or keep back your laughter when they make a total fool of themself.”

“Are there other examples you can give us or did you use those two for a special reason?”

“I used those two, because those are the two I failed with.” I answer Ruby’s question this time as we reach the park, hoping to get a short break, I decide that it’s now time for fun. “Tag, your it.” I yell as I poke her with a hoof before galloping off towards the lake.

“Oh, you are on.” Are the words I hear only a few moments later when she recovered from the surprise and chases me as were Nightmare Moon herself behind her, ready to gobble her up.

It is no surprise that I can’t run from her forever, and as soon as she catches me, go after Rainy this time. We play like this for an hour or so before the first of us collapses from exhaustion at the beach, quickly followed by the others.

We lay there for a bit, catching our breath and at some point I decided to do something, I had been considering ever since King Gustav had been visiting us at that lake. After all, besides Scootaloo and Rumble, these three are my closest friends.

While the two mentioned last already declined for very good reasons, I hope at least one of them would be willing to agree. “You all know that I have to someday marry that Griffon Prince, right?”

I ask a bit hesitantly, not sure if I should really go through with this, but when all of them confirm this, I continue as planned. “Somewhere next year I have to travel to Griffonstone for quite some time and I hoped that I wouldn’t have to go there alone. So, any of you want to come with me?”

“How long are we talking about?” Rainy asks in reply and from the sound of it already guess that she doesn’t want to come with me.

“Six months, maybe more.” I reply honestly, unwilling to hide anything from them. Besides, if somepony would indeed come with me, they deserve to know how long they would be gone.

“Sorry Wingy, but that is far too long for me.” Rainy is the first to answer and I really can’t blame her when she explains to me why. “With him being a Wonderbolt I see my father so rarely that I don’t want to miss any chance to spend time with him. Besides, how could I keep up my training there, without all the stuff the Academy has to offer?”

I can only grin at the last sentence, knowing that I would miss the chance to spar with the Guards here in Ponyville as well. “Sorry Wingy, I won’t join you to. I doubt that I could stand to be away from all my friends here for so long. Besides, mom would never let me go anyway.” Ruby is the next to decline, and once more for a reason I can understand too well.

Now, with two of three out that only leaves one of them left and now six eyes are focused on Rori, everypony curiously waiting for her answer. “If mom allows it, then yes.” She replies much to my surprise, and my inner filly hopes in a circle from sheer joy, shouting yes for quite some time.

In reality, I just race over to her and embrace her in a bearhug, what only moments later turns into a group hug. Sadly, we can’t keep this up for long and I find myself face to face with a very annoyed looking griffon.

“Hey Silverbeak, fancy meeting you here.” I greet my tutor, knowing immediately that I am in trouble.

“Princess, while I know socializing with your friends is important, you shouldn’t skip out on your lessons for that.” He replies with a sigh, not sounding as upset as I expected him to be.

“I am sorry Silverbeak, I simply forgot.” I reply upset with myself over a mistake that could have been easily avoided, had I taken a look at my new schedule this morning before leaving for school.

“Now, trot along, there is still a bit of light left and maybe I can actually teach you today’s lesson before dark.” He instructs me and I comply without resistance, unwilling to make him even more annoyed than he already is.

“Sorry girls but I have to go. See you tomorrow at school okay?” I say to all my friends, getting similar reactions out of them, before we walk off towards the place Silverbeak decided to make his own.

Still, I can convince him to make a small detour so I can pick up the first edition of this year’s Foal Free press. True, the story about Snips and Snails is quite hilarious, but it gives me a really bad feeling for some odd reason, making my night not a pleasant one.

Author's Note:

 Sadly, rikithemonk had to quit as an editor, thank you for all your great work. You have been a massive help to me.

Now, I am looking for a new editor for this story and Child of Two Worlds, if you are interested, please send me a pm.

Your Wingy

PreviousChapters Next