• Published 6th Nov 2019
  • 7,562 Views, 568 Comments

Crushed: The Beginnings - Silent Wing



After a tragic accident, a young man wakes up in the Castle of the two pony sisters and is now presented with a second chance at life.

  • ...
30
 568
 7,562

PreviousChapters Next
16 Hearts Warming Eve

The Purple Unicorn is running restless through the backstage area, having the worst panic attacks since she was waiting for the beginning of her entrance exam to Princess Celestias school for gifted Unicorns. “Please Twilight calm down, I am sure she will be here shortly.” The other unicorn nearby pleads to her, hoping that she will relax a bit. Sadly, her words fall on death ears.

“CALM DOWN? CALM DOWN? HOW CAN I CALM DOWN, IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS?” The purple unicorn screams at the top of her lungs, scarring everypony close to her, before she continues in a much calmer voice. “I never expected her to let us down like this.”

“Rainbow didn’t let you down miss Sparkle. I know for a fact that she told you weeks ahead, that she will spend the entire holidays with her family.” A slowly approaching light turquoise Pegasus with a brilliant amber mane replies, with an attitude full of confidence that is very similar to a certain Pegasus.

Upon hearing this, Twilight Sparkle comes to a halt midrun, which almost result with a crash in the nearest wall, but It only takes a second for the unicorn in question to recover from the shock. She turns around to take a look at the Pony in question which just spoke up, only to get another shock, when she recognizes the Pegasus mare in question. “YOU!” The unicorn shouts again, when the memories of a very embarrassing prank, which had been pulled on her weeks earlier, came back to life.

“Yes, yes. I know you are still upset at me, for when I helped to pull that prank on you miss Sparkle, even if I still don’t know what it exactly was. But I don’t think that this is the right time to talk about it, because if I am correct, there are only ten minutes left until the play is supposed to start.”

“AHHHH, you are right and we are still missing a Pegasus.” The Unicorn, exclaims in shock, getting into another panic attack. Mumbling something unaudible, expect for the clearly out sticking words “Princess Celestia” and “magic kindergarten”.

“Sugarcube ah don’t think that we have a problem here, isn’t that right miss?” One of the two earthponies of the group asks.

“Lightning Dust.” She finally introduces herself and after a short pause she answers the other part of Applejacks question. “I don’t think so, Rainbow asked me to take her place here, but she didn’t know which role she has to play. But since there are only two possible, I played it safe and learned both, Privat Pansys and Commander Hurricanes text.”

A short argument and a small reminder from the pony who owns the theatre, that there are only two more minutes left, Twilight finally gives up and let Lightning Dust play the part of Private Pansy, while Fluttershy has to act as Commander Hurricane.


“Wow, that went better than I expected.” A relived Twilight Sparkle says to nopony in particular, since she is happy for two reasons. The first one would be that the play is finally over and everypony can relax again. While the other, at least for her more important one, was when she caught a proud smile from her mentor.

“Indeed Twilight, it was a great show.” An all well know voice replies, causing all ponies in the room to turn towards the door, where the sun princess is slowly stepping into the room. Her eyes are wandering over all of the assembled ponies, before her look focus at Lightning Dust. “Even if there had been an unexpected actor.”

Still looking at the Pegasus in question, she walks past the assembled ponies, ignoring Twilights attempt to explain the absence of Rainbow Dash, before she sweeps the Pegasus up in a hug. “You made mama very proud today my little feather duster.”

All of the assembled Elements gasp in shock, upon hearing this, including the one of them that has problems to accept the truth. She wants to ask princes Celestia if that really is true, but she is silenced before she is able to open her muzzle, by the answer Lightning Dust gives her mother. “I missed you mom, I missed you so much.”

“Does that mean that you are finally coming home?” The Alicorn in question asks hopefully, while gripping her “little filly” in an even tighter embrace.

“Yes, yes it does mom.” She replies to her mother’s relief, with tears in her eyes, making both of them very happy. And upon seeing just how Princess Celestia reacts to these words, even Twilight is unable to deny the truth.*


~~~Meanwhile in Cloudsdale~~~

“How did you like the play Wingy?” Grandpa Hothoof asks me, while we lazily glide home, for some hot chocolate and a late-night snack, before it’s already off to bed for me.

I really don’t like this early bedtime my grandparents set for me, but the only one to blame for this is myself. After all, I was the one that stepped in, when mamma D tried to argue about this with her parents, telling them, that I don’t have a fix bedtime at all.

Saying that Grandpa Hothoof and Grandma Whistle were shocked by this, would be the understatement of the century and they were claiming that my parents would take their responsibility for me not serious enough.

After some more arguing between those two I had enough and told them to drop the subject. I said it would be okay for the time we spent with mama D's parents and that we can talk about that more when we are back home. When they wanted to know why I interrupted their argument, I just told them the truth. “I don’t want my family to fight about something stupid like that at Hearts Warming Eve.”

“Hey Wingy, you there?” Grandpa Hothoof asks, ripping me out of my thoughts. I turn my head around to look at him curios about what he wanted from me. “I asked you if you enjoyed the play.”

“Sorry, I zoned out there for a moment.”

I take a moment of time, trying to remember all aspects of the play, so that I can tell them my opinion. “It was great, but how in Tartarus did those Earthponies and Unicorns managed to get up here and why the buck weren’t they falling through the Clouds?”

“Watch your language young miss, or would you prefer to have a bar of soap later, instead of those hazelnut cookies?” I hear somepony reply from behind me and I turn my head around, trying to find out who promises me something horrible like that, only to find myself almost muzzle to muzzle with mommy. I quickly apologize for my slip of tongue, before she answers my question with another question. “Did you notice anything about them?”

Slightly annoyed that she tries to make me think about it, I point something out, that indeed caught my eye earlier. “You mean those necklaces they wore?”

“Yes. Those are enchanted with a cloud walking spell and for how they came up here. They took a Zeppelin from Canterlot.” Mommy points out the oblivious to me and I feel slightly ashamed, that I didn’t came up with this on my own.

“Okay, that makes sense.” I reply shortly before we land in front of my grandparents home. We quickly make ourselves comfortable in the living room, except for grandma Whistle, who is making the promised hot chocolate for everypony. While we wait for her, I take one more look around the room with my eyes resting on the large hearts warming tree.

“Can I at least open one of them before I have to go to bed?” I ask hopefully, starring onto the presents under the tree, which hadn’t been there when we left the house earlier.

“Really Wingy, that impatient?” mommy asks me.

“Let her Flitter.” Grandma Whistle replies, after she came back from the kitchen and starts hoofing out hot chocolate to everypony. She takes a short glance at me before she turns her attention to a certain Cyan Pegasus. “Our little Dashie was even worse, when she was young. Honestly, she always got so excited that she snuck out of bed in the middle of the night.” Telling us this earns some laughs from all, except mama D who is turning deep red and something tells me that she wanted this to remain secret.

“Under one condition Wingy.” I hear mommys stern voice, which certainly is still a bit upset with me for earlier. I turn my attention to her waiting for her to finally tell me, what she wants from me. It feels like hours, but in reality, only a few seconds pass before I hear her say, “You have to help me with dinner tomorrow.”

“Deal.” I reply instantly, not really upset with it, since it could have been much worse. “At least it’s only cooking and not cleaning the house.” Is running through my head, before I banish such thoughts to the end of my mind, so that I can focus on all of the presents.

I know they aren’t all for me, but it’s just such a beautiful sight. I inspect all of them carefully before I pick up a large dark blue box with white stars on it and a small card, that shows Princess Luna's cutie mark, attached to it.

I take it into my forehooves and have a short look on the card, but when I spot no text on both sides of it, I lay it aside and start to carefully remove the wrapping. It may be longer this way, but this is how I always did it. There are just a few things you never stop doing and this is one of the things I can’t stop.

By now the anticipation is killing me and I can’t stop wondering, what it could possibly be. The time slows down for me, so much, that it almost sems like the time is frozen, but I know that this isn’t true.

When the wrapping is finally removed, I see a large wooden box in front of me. I open it and have trouble to believe my eyes. There, right in front of me is a set of wingblades with a small latter attached to it. I don’t have to think twice, to grab the letter and start reading it.

“To the youngest member of my Guard,

I am sure you are surprised by this, but since your resolve to join my Guard is so strong, I decided that this shouldn’t wait any longer. I expect your father to train you well and the next time you are in Canterlot, stop by and show me how much your training has progressed.

Those Wingblades are enchanted to always fit you for the next ten years, so don’t worry about growing out of them anytime soon.

Luna”

I reread the letter twice, before I call out for dad to come over and after he sat down next to me I let him have a look at Princess Lunas present and her letter. He carefully takes them out of the box, teaching me how to put them on correctly. Showing me some basic moves, before I have to go to bed way to early.

Author's Note:

*I bet you didn’t see that one coming!:pinkiehappy:

So, to answer a few questions ahead. Yes, I like Dusty and I also think that she deserves to be shown in a positive way more often. Most stories I read till now always paint her in a bad light and that’s something I didn’t like. You don’t like stories where Dusty is shown in a good light? Here check this out and then tell me, if you still think that way. A Compass for a Lost Dreamer

Since I know next to nothing about her backstory, I got this really amazing (or is it crazy?) idea and thought, hey, why not make her Princess Celestia's daughter? That could be fun and now here we are.

Will Dusty show up more in this story? Hell yeah!

Will she be a major or a side Character? To be honest, I really don’t know yet, but the
tendency goes more towards side character.

Do I plan to ship her with somepony in this story? Yes, but the idea to ship her with Cady and Shine is probably in my trashcan. :pinkiecrazy:

Do I plan to write a story with focus on the relationship between Dusty and her mom? Not sure yet. I admit that this idea sounds fun and that I actually have some ideas for this, but this also would be difficult and is currently way above my skill level.

Now there are only three more things to address so let’s bring this to an end.

Will there be more unexpected (or crazy) things (like ships for example), coming in the future? The chance for this is high, but nothing is written in stone yet.

How will this affect the Wonderbolt academy? Be patient and find out. That I plan to write a Chapter with the focus on this is currently yes, but that is all on information you will get for now.

The “prank” Twilight was the target from will be explained in a different Chapter. Just doesn’t fit in here.

I hope you don't mind that this Chapter is shorter then usual, but I just didn't know what to write anymore.:fluttercry:

PreviousChapters Next