• Published 29th Oct 2019
  • 7,735 Views, 436 Comments

Aftermath Of The Formal - Shimmeringsun



Just when Sunset Shimmer finds herself in her darkest days she is able to find the light through all of those who love her.

  • ...
20
 436
 7,735

Chapter 17: Harm: Part 2

Author's Note:

mentions of suicidal thoughts/ self harm in this chapter. As i mentioned before in the last chapter, please if you ever suffer from these kind of thoughts you are not alone and you can always reach out to someone! There is help all around you. My DM’s are always open to anyone.

I would also just like to say a massive thank you to Charli13 who helped me with this chapter and gave me some ideas for it. I really appreciate it :)

Hope you all enjoy this chapter. Please leave a comment I love reading your feedback!!

Dinner was quiet for the three of them, Sunset wasn’t really up for chatting. She was still a bit shaken up from the sudden nightmare she had while napping. She couldn’t get away from them. Luna could notice the dark circles under Sunset’s eyes, she wasn’t sure if she should just send the girl to her bed. But, something kept her from doing so, she didn’t want her to be alone.

Sunset looked at her plate and sighed heavily, she ate half of the burger but she didn’t have much of an appetite so she forced herself to eat what was giving to her. Luna looked at her plate and then to her with sad eyes.

“Sunset, if you’re full you don’t need to eat all of it.” Said Luna, who was also munching on her burger but she herself wasn’t even enjoying hers.

“Are you sure?” She asked looking up to her guardian.

“Of course I’m sure Sunset. I’m not going to bite your head off if you don’t eat your meal. I’ll always put something on for you later.”

“You don’t have to do that.” Sunset said as she played with her plate.

Chrysalis smirked and leaned towards Sunset. “it’s okay. I think Luna’s a bad cook too.” She said trying to lighten up the mood a little, she noticed how quiet Sunset was.

Luna kicked her girlfriend under the table and glared at her. “Chrys! I am not a bad cook!”

Chrysalis slapped her girlfriend back on the thigh playfully. “You can’t even cook pancakes without messing up the batter and that’s the easiest thing to make.” She said laughing, swallowing a piece of her burger.

Luna rolled her eyes. “Ugh. Pancakes are not easy! And it’s all about getting the mixture precise. I do not have time for that.”

Sunset gave a small smile and allowed herself to join in. “I agree with Chrys. I can even make them without burning them.”

Luna glared at her while Chrysalis let out a belly laugh and put out a fist. “You earned a fist pump for that kid.” Sunset put out hers and joined Chrysalis.

Luna huffed and folded her arms. “I am not taking this slander!” She said looking away from them. Both of them laughed at her.


After dinner Luna and Chrysalis done the dishes while Sunset took a shower. However, Luna did notice that Sunset was in there for much longer than she usually was. Luna being concerned she decided to check on her after finishing up the dishes while Chrysalis returned to the sofa.

Making her way to the bathroom down the hall, Luna knocked on the door twice. She heard the shower head turning off. “Sunset? Are you okay in there?”

“Y-yeah. I’m good.” She shouted back. Although, staring down at her thighs there were fresh cuts on her skin from a sharper blade that stung when the hot water touched it. It didn’t bother her though, she had multiple scars on her thigh from other times.

Luna looked uncertain but called back. “When you come out feel free to join me and Chrysalis we’re putting on a movie.” She said as she returned back to the living room.

“Okay!” Sunset said. She then started to clean up the blood that was running down her thigh. Painful as it was, she tried her best to bare it, hissing in the pain so Luna wouldn’t hear. She closed her eyes as she wiped over it carefully. The pain hurt but it felt good. It was her outlet from everything what was going on right now and she for sure wanted to keep that little secret to herself.

After that, Sunset decided to finish up in the shower. She put a fresh pair of pj’s on and made her way out to the bathroom. Taking her dirty clothes, she kept the blade in a tiny box and went into her bedroom, placing it in a safe spot in her underwear draw, covering it up knowing that Luna or Chrysalis wouldn’t dare to look there if they had any suspicion.

She put the dirty clothes in the laundry and then made her way to join Luna and Chrysalis. At this point this became a Sunday night ritual for them as they wined down before another school day started.

However, this night was different. Seemingly, Luna and Chrysalis actually wanted to talk to Sunset about something. As Sunset walked in and sat down Luna cleared her throat to grab Sunset’s attention.

Luna began, Sunset turned to her. “Sunset. Me and Chrysalis wish to speak with you on a serious matter. Now, if you wish to tell us anything we won’t be mad, this is only a concern for us.” She said as she looked at her partner who sat closely by next to her. Sunset sat far end of the sofa, she just stared at them. She could feel the anxiety building up in her stomach. This was a conversation she was not ready for.

It was Chrysalis’s turn to speak. “Remember, we are here for you no matter what and you can talk to us about anything. We want you to come to us, you should know that by now that we will do anything to help you.”

Sunset took in a long breath. She knew exactly where Luna and Chrysalis where getting at and she knew it had something to do with Luna’s older sister. She knew exactly what conversation Celestia and Luna had. “So I’m guessing Celestia mentioned something.” She said while looking over to Luna who nodded.

“Yes. And before you start, don’t be mad for her coming to me. She had every right too. She’s worried about you. We all are.” Luna said with concern in her eyes, reaching over to grab her hand.

Sunset looked up to her. She hated lying to Luna but she had to do it, she didn’t want her to know she’s been hurting herself for a long time. She didn’t want Luna to know that part of herself.

“There’s nothing to worry about. I’m fine.” Sunset said while staring at her and putting on a fake smile. It was the best thing to do to look the older woman in the eye which got her to believe, this time though it didn’t work.

Luna was not convinced, she looked at her sternly. ’If she keeps this up, it’s going to be a long night for the three of us.’ Luna thought to herself. She sighed. “Sunset. This is not like you to hide stuff from me.”

“Luna I’m not hiding anything!” Sunset screeched, sightly raising her voice at her causing Luna and Chrysalis to wince.

“Let’s keep the tone at normal voice levels.” Chrysalis interjected in. She then began to trail off. “Sunset. If I recall, you haven’t been acting right all day. Maybe, even the last few days. Yesterday you were fine, but today you’ve been quiet. What is going on? You even refused to be in our company this morning.”

Sunset looked down. She did refuse to be apart of their company this morning but that was only because she didn’t want to be in the way. “You two just got back together. I don’t want to be in the way of you spending time together. You don’t get much with me being around.” She said quietly.

Luna and Chrysalis looked at each other sadly and then they both looked back at Sunset. Chrysalis gave her a sympathetic look, moving to sit on the coffee table she grabbed Sunset’s other hand. “Sunset, you need to understand me and Luna love having you around. You put a smile on our faces and make us laugh. Just because me and Luna are back together doesn’t mean we want to spend less time with you. With you being around it just makes our day much better.”

“You mean that?” Sunset looked up at her giving her a weak smile.

Luna gave a weak laugh, she placed her hand on her girlfriend’s shoulder, smiling warmly at her after what she said to Sunset . “Of course she means that. Chrysalis doesn’t say anything if she doesn’t truly mean it. I know that from experience. You don’t realise how happy you make us. Even though, half the time I spend worrying about you I’m still incredibly happy that you’re apart of my life and I get to take care of you.” She paused and shifted in her place, wanting to say more.

Sunset smiled sadly at her. “I sense a but coming on.”

Luna nodded. “But- seeing you dealing with things on your own. I don’t like it. Keeping things from me. Pretending you’re okay when you’re really not okay. I can tell Sunset. I don’t want you to keep anything from me, so do you need to tell me anything before I ask?” She said giving Sunset the option to tell her instead of Luna pressing on her for the answer. She didn’t want to force anything on her.

This was it, Sunset knew she could straight up tell Luna that she was harming herself and get it over and done with. But, why would she? She’s already dug herself a big enough hole so why doesn’t she just lie in it? What reaction would Luna have though if Sunset opened up about the cuts on her body. Would Luna be hurt? Angry? Disappointed? Worried? Sunset didn’t even want to think about it so she chose to lie again. You're falling back in your old habits Sunset. Show Luna and Chrysalis the cuts and then It’ll be over. She thought to herself. She so badly wanted to do that. But, she couldn’t. She didn’t have the gut to tell Luna and Chrysalis the truth. She decided to tell them a half lie.

Sunset sighed heavily and looked at them both. “Okay. I must admit. Today I was acting a little funny, I haven’t been getting much sleep. And, I’m sorry I lied to you both about me not having nightmares I did have one last night but I didn’t want to shout on any of you two because I didn’t want to disturb you. The nightmares have been kinda catching up on me and wearing me out. But, I swear that’s all it is, nothing else of what Celestia is talking about.”

Luna leaned forward, her grip around Sunset’s hand got tighter. “Are you sure that is all? Celestia got the idea that you have been having suicidal thoughts and that’s made me worried, really worried. Because, if you are Sunset you have to tell me. You come talk to me, Chrys, Tia, your friends. We are all here for you. I don’t want you think you have to suffer those thoughts alone.”

Sunset nodded. “Yes I’m sure. I’m just tired that is all. I haven’t had any of those kind of thoughts. I wouldn’t do that.” She said, although she looked away from Luna.

Luna studied her, watching her every move. Still not feeling convinced. “But Celestia said that you would of done something stupid if I wasn’t there for you. Do you understand why we are concerned? Saying that is just as bad.”

Sunset shook her head. “Would of. Luna It’s a totally different thing! I didnt mean it like that. Everyone says stuff like that when they get emotional about things.”

Luna looked at her. A frown on her face. “Not like that they don’t! Do you even realise what you were saying? It’s serious Sunset! Just because you didn’t do it but even having that thought about it doesn’t make it any better!”

Sunset huffed. “Honestly, I just think Celestia took it out of content. A slip of the tongue is what people say right? Look Luna, I’m fine. Can we just drop it and watch a movie?” Asked Sunset, she so badly didn’t want to talk about this anymore because she could feel herself ready to crack and she didn’t want to do that.

Luna then cleared her throat, she knew she wasn’t going to get this out of Sunset anytime soon and since it was getting late she decided to let it go. “If your certain that it is just the nightmares that’s taking a toll of you, I will drop this matter but Sunset if I find you are lying to me about how you feel I won’t be happy. I don’t want you going through anything alone neither does Chrysalis.” She said firmly.


It was just over an hour ago after Sunset went to bed, Luna and Chrysalis sat up for a while before heading to bed. They were still trying to digest the chat they had with Sunset. Luna was still unsure, she did have an idea that Sunset was lying to her. Something was of about her and she knew it deep down.

Luna went to check to see if Sunset was sleeping before her and Chrysalis went to bed. When entering the room Sunset was sound asleep, Luna went over to her pulling the covers up to her as Sunset must of kicked them of her, she placed her hand on Sunset’s forehead gently and then leaned forward and plopped a kiss on the same spot as she moved her hand away. She then returned to her own bed. Walking into her room Luna sat on her side she usually sleeps at and buried her head in her hands.

Chrysalis noticed how stressed out her girlfriend looked, she went over and bent down. “Lu?” She asked softly.

Luna looked up and sighed. “She’s lying to me Chrys. I can feel it.”

Chrysalis gave her a sad look and nodded.“I had a feeling too.” She said quietly.

Luna closed her eyes. “It’s breaking my heart seeing her act like this. I can’t let her continue to lie to me.” She said as she let a few tears fall.

Chrysalis grabbed her hands. “I don’t like seeing her like this either and I don’t like the fact you’re in bits over this.”

“How are we going to help her Chrys?” Luna asked.

“I think we just need to wait until she comes to us.” Chrysalis said, she herself was unsure to handle this situation. Although, dealing with Luna in the past she tried her best to remember what she did to help her, but Sunset was a different person she didn’t know what was best.

Luna sniffed. “I can’t just sit by and let her go on like this. I’m already failing her as it is.”

Chrysalis looked at her and placed one of her hands under her chin. “You are not failing her. Do you hear me? I wished you could see, you are doing everything you can to show that girl the support, care, love, everything that she needs. And she knows that, she knows that she can come to you in her own time.”

Luna smiled and wiped a few tears away. She was trying so hard to be strong but this was killing her inside. “I just feel like such a bad parent who can’t even get their own kid to talk to them. Instead she shuts herself out. Again. It feels like I’m back being her Vice Principal calling her to my office trying to get her to talk to me but getting no where with it.”

“Babe.” Chrysalis spoke firmly. “Look at me.” She said, her eyes looking at Luna softly, Luna looked up staring into Chrysalis’s green eyes.

“You are not a bad parent. You are the most kind, loving, most amazing person I’ve ever met in my entire life. You’re the love of my life and the best girlfriend a gal like me could ask for, I don’t know how I got so lucky, I mean you’re incredibly sexy and great in bed might I add.” She said with a wink making Luna giggle.

“Chrys!” Luna said while blushing, she nudged her. Although, hearing that made her feel good about herself.

Chrysalis smirked and continued. “But, you want to know something else? Not only that you’re an amazing girlfriend but... you’re an amazing Mom to your, no, our kid. It might not be official yet but it will be soon and that girl sleeping in the room next to us will be proud to be able to call you her Mom.”

Luna smiled again warmly at her and pulled her in for a kiss. “I love you Chrysalis. Thank you.” She said as tears stream down her face while Chrysalis was crying too. Chrysalis put Luna to bed and held her tightly in her grip, letting Luna sleep in her comfort. Luna began to dream of about the three of them becoming a happy family.


It was another school week. Sunset woke up feeling completely drained. She was becoming tired of dealing with the same shit, day in, day out. Some days she felt fine, but days like this she had a feeling it wasn’t going to be a good day. Quickly getting up, she got herself dressed and fixed out her school bag. She also went into her underwear draw to fetch out the box she put in there the previous night, hiding it in her bag. If things did get bad, she knew why she put it in there for.

As she finished up getting herself organised, making her way to the kitchen, she greeted Luna and Chrysalis although she did catch them flirting, she didn’t mind too much if they were being subtle about it. She was happy for them.

“Morning Sunny.” Chrysalis beamed as she stood next to the counter eating a bit of toast, one of her arms wrapped around Luna who was buttering up at bit of toast for Sunset and herself.

As Sunset took the food of Luna, she smiled, saying a quick ‘thanks’ she made her way to the table and sat down. “You know, I’m really happy you two are back together but you can’t keep your hands off each other for one minute. It’s actually concerning me that I think Luna won’t be able to get through the school day without you.”

Luna rolled her eyes as she stood closely by in Chrysalis’s grip holding her cup of coffee while Chrysalis chuckled and spoke up. “Well Sunny dear, that’s love for you. I bet you will be the same when you find the love of your life.” She said as she glanced over to Luna with a grin on her face.

Sunset was just finishing off her toast and she gagged at how cheesy Chrysalis was being. “Well, i don’t think I’m planning on getting into a relationship anytime soon.”

Luna felt a bit relieved. “Thank god. That’s the last thing i want is you coming home to tell me that you’re knocked up.” She said as she placed her coffee down on the counter, she folded her arms.

“LUNA!”

Luna gave her a look and opened her arms. “What? I was a teenager aswell you know. I know how these things work, I also work in a high school and I’m aware that some of our students do have unprotected sex.” She said as she took a bit into her toast.

Sunset covered her ears, hearing Luna talk about this topic was really something she didn’t need to hear during the morning or at all. “Luna! Please. I get enough sex education in school I do not need it from you on a Monday morning too.”

Luna shrugged. “Well. At least you’re aware. If you do come home knocked up though you’re dead.”

Sunset sanked deeper into her chair and groaned. “Chrys! Make her stop!” She said as she still covered her ears, she was in complete total embarrassment that this subject was even on the agenda this morning, and it’s the fact she dug herself into it.

Chrysalis chuckled and nudged Luna. “I think you’re torturing the kid dear.” Causing Luna to smirked, then they went back into a normal conversation.

It was then Chrysalis looked at the clock and hummed. “I better get home and get started on some work.” She said as she looked at Luna who looked sad that her girlfriend had to leave.

“Can’t you stay for a while longer?” Luna asked as she pouted at her.

Chrysalis turned her head round to the clock. “Babe. You’ve got work and Sunny’s got school.” Both Luna and Sunset grunted in sync.

“Ugh don’t remind me.” Sunset said as she stood up from the table. Finished her breakfast, she was going to brush her teeth then get her bag.

Chrysalis looked towards her. “Still getting hassle?”

“I’m basically a walking target for anyone.” Sunset told her.

Chrysalis walked up and placed her hand over her shoulder. “At least you have Luna, Tia and your friends looking out for you there. Although, if they are bothering you that much bring me down and I’ll sort them out.”

Sunset smiled, she was glad that she had people there who defended her corner but she didn’t want them to step in all the time. She still felt like she deserved it but wouldn’t admit that to Luna or Chrysalis.

“Chrysalis you can’t go fighting Tia’s students.” Luna said as she chuckled at her. She knew where Chrysalis was coming from, even though she was Vice Principal she still wanted to do the same to the students who hurt Sunset.

“Nobody messes with our Sunny.” Chrysalis said as she played with her hair, messing it up a little.

Sunset smiled at hearing Chrysalis saying our Sunny, she felt apart of something. “Hey, I just fixed my hair!” She said half annoyed as she pulled Chrysalis’s hand away from her head, brushing back down her hair with her hands.

Chrysalis chuckled. “You don’t even know what a brush is half the time.” She said jokingly, although knowing some days she recalled Luna telling the teen to go brush her hair as it was sitting like a birds nest.

Sunset rolled her eyes back at Chrysalis and made her a face at her.

“Right, I’m off.” Chrysalis said as she went over to Luna to give her a kiss and then went back over to Sunset and wrapped her arms around her.

“Things will get better Sunset. I promise you.” Chrysalis said as she squeezed her.

“I will see you both tonight.” She said as she left the kitchen grabbing her keys for her motorcycle, giving Luna one last kiss goodbye at the door she went off to work on the files. Sunset went to fetch her bag and then her and Luna headed to school.


Morning was over. A few classes done, now going onto lunch time Sunset was walking out of her higher maths class, she made her way to the lockers to meet the girls. However, as she was coming out of class Sunset got herself into some trouble, she found herself being pin pointed by Hoops and Scores who walked by her, laughing at her.

“Ahh! Watch out everybody! She-demon can blow up at any moment.” Scores shouted in the corridor as he jumped back from Sunset. Backing up into the other side of the hall.

Hoops then decided to drop her books and notes she had in her hands. She only had a couple but they scattered all the floor.

“Whoops. Sorry there She-demon didn’t see you. Please don’t kill me. Ahhh. Guys help. She’s going to kill me!” Hoops said he started to cling onto his friend, both pretending to be scared. Hiding away from her.

Sunset ignored them both, leaving her books and notebook lying on the floor, she pushed them out the way while running from them, making her way to her locker. She opened it up and looked through the box that was at the bottom of the locker. Finally found what she was looking for; The small blade. She put it in her pocket and ran off to the girls gym locker room. It had a bathroom in there and it was quiet. She knew that the girls toilets would be busy as it was lunch time so this was her only option.

Reaching the gym locker room, she opened the door and went into one of the changing rooms shutting the door she sat on the floor. She sighed heavily as slient tears started to fall from her face. She couldn’t take much more of this. This pain was horrible to be on the receiving end it never botherd her once before when she was the school bully. But now she knew how it all felt.

She took the blade that was in her pocket and took off her jacket, putting out her forearm she pressed down the steel blade. Cutting herself until she saw the blood dripping from her. She done it again. And again. She didn’t stop. She wanted to feel something. Although, she just felt numb. The pain to her was nothing. Just like how she felt about herself. She couldn’t stop. That is until a voice spoke. Looks like she had been followed.

“Sunset! It’s Rainbow and AJ. Are you okay we saw what happened with Hoops and Scores. We had words with them and then we saw you run into here.” Rainbow Dash shouted as she knocked on the cubicle that Sunset was held up in.

Although, Sunset was staying quiet. She didn’t want Rainbow and Applejack to know what she was doing in the cubicle. She wanted to get rid of them.

“Sugarcube. Do ya need us ta get Vice-Principal Luna for ya?” Applejack asked.

They could hear Sunset sniff. “No. Please don’t get Luna.” She spoke quietly.

“Can ya let us in or at least come out so we can speak to ya?” Applejack asked again, speaking softly.

“I’m fine. Just give me a moment and I’ll meet you both outside.” Sunset told them, her voice a little shaky. Applejack and Rainbow shared a look.

“Open the door Sunset or I’m breaking it down!” Rainbow shouted.

“Dash, you can’t do that! That’s against someone’s privacy!” Sunset said as she tried her best to sound like there was nothing wrong with her hiding in the changing room.

Rainbow sighed. “Applejack give me a coin or something.” She whispered to her friend.

“Why?” Applejack questioned.

“Just do it.” Rainbow said a little annoyed, Applejack passed her the coin and Rainbow managed to pick the lock open. She swung the door open to see Sunset quickly grabbing up her jacket and putting it on to hide the cuts but Rainbow and Applejack noticed the blade and saw the blood on her arm that covered her hands. They both gasped in shock.

“Sunset! What the fuck? How long has this been going on!” Rainbow Dash yelled as she looked over at her friend who was startled at the sudden out burst.

Sunset quickly put the blade back in the box while Rainbow grabbed it from her.

“Rainbow Dash give me that back!” Sunset shouted as she tried to reach out for it, her voice breaking in-between.

“This is going in the trash! Cutting yourself Sunset? Seriously? Why are you doing this to yourself?” Rainbow Dash asked concern as she held the tiny box in her grip not letting Sunset get to it.

Sunset tried to tackled her to get the box of her. “It’s none of your damn business. Give me that box!”

Applejack shook her head as she watched Sunset launch herself at Rainbow. “Am gettin’ Miss Luna.” Applejack said as she ran off to the Vice Principal’s office.


As Applejack reached Luna’s office she gave it a knock and barged in. Luna looked up from her desk. She noticed the look of panic and worry on Applejack’s face.

“Applejack?” Luna questioned, stopping to look up from the paperwork she was doing.

“Vice Principal Luna I’m sorry for barging in like this but it’s an emergency. We need ya ta help Sunset.” Applejack said, sightly out of breath, she put a hand on her hip, while watching Luna shoot up.

At that comment Luna gave it no second thought. Leaving what she was doing she pulled herself up from her chair and followed Applejack to the girls gym locker room.

Reaching the room they both could hear Sunset screaming and Rainbow Dash shouting at her. Luna looked at Applejack, she then realised what Sunset was screaming at Rainbow for. Her eyes widening at the scene as she heard Sunset’s voice.

“Rainbow! Stop this! Give me the box! I need it!” Sunset said as she jumped up trying to reach it out of Rainbow’s hand.

“No! I am not letting you do this to yourself!” She screamed back, pushing Sunset away from her.

Luna stood behind Rainbow Dash, she cleared her throat. She could clearly see the tear stains on Sunset and that she looked in pain. Rainbow jumped at the sudden presence of another person. She knew it was Luna. Startled she dropped the box that was in her grip and before Sunset could reach out and grab it, Luna managed to pick it up.

Sunset jumped back as she suddenly noticed that Luna was in the room. Shit. I’m busted. Sunset thought to herself as she looked to her guardian with fear in her eyes. Luna said no words when she opened the box to see a small blade covered in fresh blood. She put the lid back on and looked at Sunset.

“Take your jacket off.” She said with a firm tone. Sunset looked at her, she did not want to do it. She kept shaking her head.

Now.” Luna said sternly. Sunset huffed and took her jacket off quickly without any thought as Luna stared her down.

Luna grabbed her arms, she saw the new cuts on her forearms. Oh, Sunset. Why? Luna thought to herself as her heart broke for her.

“How long?” She asked, a little bit softer spoken.

Sunset closed her eyes. A set of fresh tears welling up in her eyes she tried so hard to hold them back stubbornly. She shook her head again not wanting to tell Luna anything.

Luna frowned. “How long Sunset.” She said, while her own body was beginning to shake. She hated seeing Sunset suffer like this.

Again, Sunset never said anything. Not even making eye contact with Luna, she just stared at the cuts on her arm. Luna grabbed hold of Sunset’s shoulders and shook her.

“HOW LONG.” Luna screamed. Applejack and Rainbow Dash both shared a look. They could hear the pain in Luna’s voice at that heart wrenching scream. They’ve never heard her scream like that before.

Sunset let out a few tears, she spoke quietly. “It started after the Formal.”

Luna looked at her with pain in her eyes. Her heart was aching right now, this girl that was in front of her, the young girl who she takes care off and thinks of her as her daughter. Seeing her in this pain and she thought it was okay to hide it from Luna. She felt completely heart broken.

Sunset then fell into Luna’s chest and started to sob. “I’m sorry! I’m SO sorry!” She choked out, Luna wrapped her arms around her and soothed her. Luna could feel her whole body trembling against her.

“Shhhh. I’m not mad. It’s going to be okay. We’re going to get you help, everything is going to be just fine.” Luna soothed as she pulled her closer to her, not caring that Applejack and Rainbow were in the room. She wanted to hold her daughter. She rested her hand on Sunset’s head while she rocked her back and forth on the floor as the young girl sobbed.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash felt uncomfortable as they watched their friend sobbed into the comfort of their Vice Principal. Although it was clear to them that they had a stronger relationship than any. Unsure of what to do, they thought it would be best to leave them in this tender moment between them.

“Vice Principal Luna?” Rainbow Dash spoke up.

Luna looked up, still holding Sunset tightly to her. “Yes Rainbow Dash?”

“Me and AJ are gonna leave you two alone now.” She said, her voice flat.

Luna nodded. “Thank you girls.” Was all Luna could manage. She didn’t want to get rid of Sunset’s friends but she did want time alone with Sunset even though it was in the girl’s gym locker room. She would have to get her to her office and take her home for the day. Rainbow and Applejack left quietly, looking back they could see Luna wiping back her own tears.