• Published 23rd Oct 2019
  • 4,659 Views, 220 Comments

Life on Reset - Clearnote



Sunset and Trixie fail to stop Wallflower's plan, now Canterlot High only remembers Sunset as a bully.

  • ...
25
 220
 4,659

Chapter 10: The Truth

Author's Note:

Everyone:
I'm so, so sorry that this took so long. I was having some writer's block. I hope you enjoy this chapter, and I'll try to never do this again to you.
-Clearnote

The next few days went by quickly. Sunset ignored Trixie whenever she saw her. Rainbow Dash and her friends prepared their big plan to stop Sunset Shimmer's tyranny for good.

Soon the day of the Spring Dance arrived.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"Sunset?"

The bacon-haired girl turned around to see Wallflower standing behind her.

"Yes?" she answered.

"I- I saw this poster- and I was wondering- well, there's still a spot here. Do you want to do a speech at the Spring Dance? I could try to help. You could tell everyone everything. I could try to vouge for you. It's a good idea, at least I think so. Better than walking around saying 'I'm not mean'. No offense." Wallflower said.

Sunset gave a small smile with only a glimmer of hope. "Sure, why not?" With that, she walked away.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Now that Sunset had left Trixie's home, she had taken everything she still had left and had found a job at a fast-food restaurant. She now lived in a small, cramped, cheap apartment (since Wallflower had given her some money, since she had felt very bad). She had been saving up for a dress for the Spring Dance.

The dress she had found was on sale, but she liked it. It was a magenta dress with short sleeves and black stars speckling it.

Sunset put it on and walked to Canterlot High, hoping for bravery for her speech. She doubted that it would work, but she'd learned from the past that miracles- and tragedies- happen.

Seriously, if becoming a she-demon, growing pony ears, and floating in the sky weren't enough to prove that miracles are real, then she didn't know what would.

Soon she approached the school and went inside. When the gym was in sight, she took a deep breath, and walked in.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Everyone stopped what they were doing to stare at her. Some of them frowned at her. Others she heard asking, 'Why is she here?'.

Sunset wanted to lower her head in shame and hide for eternity, but she kept her head up high and proud and walked over to Wallflower.

"Hi, Wallflower," Sunset greeted.

"Hello!" Wallflower smiled. "Y'know, it really is nice to actually be able to say 'hello' to someone. Usually, I'm just all alone in the dark."

"Tell me about it," Sunset groaned, knowing that she'd been facing this problem a lot herself lately.

"I looked at the list. You're second to make a speech, following Derpy." Wallflower noted helpfully.

Sunset looked across the room at the stage where the speech would be made. She'd prepared for this; her speech was ready. She hoped that everyone would believe her, or at least give her a chance, like Trixie.

She scowled at the thought of Trixie. Trixie had erased the footage so that she'd give Sunset a chance. All along, she just wanted a friend, when all she could have done was gone up to Sunset and asked. Sunset would have said yes.

But now?

Sunset saw Trixie on the other side of the gym, sitting on the bleachers while colored lights shone everywhere. She looked depressed. Sunset wanted to comfort her and make her feel better-

No! Trixie had erased the footage and ruined Sunset's life forever. She should be sad for what she did as it was absolutely unforgivable. Sunset quickly turned away from her.

She poured herself a glass of punch.

"When will the speeches start?" she asked Wallflower.

"Any minute now, actually," Wallflower replied, watching the stage.

Soon enough, Derpy smiled as she walked up onto the stage. She walked up to the mike. She tapped the mike three times, then stood there in silence.

"Muffins," she whispered once.

Then she stood up there blankly smiling for at least ten minutes. After that, she waved her hand and walked off the stage. The crowd erupted into clapping and cheering.

Sunset gulped as all eyes then turned to her. She took a step forward. Then another, and another. She made her way up to the stage and faced the crowd of students. She closed her eyes and breathed in. She breathed out.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"Students of Canterlot High," she addressed. "My former friends.

"I know that I must sound crazy. You probably think that I'm just here to trick you all, or make fun of you in some way. But I'm not.

"I'd like to tell you that something magical has happened to all of you. A magical object called the Memory Stone has taken away all of your good memories of me. So now I appear to you again as a bully. However, I am not.

"I may have turned into a she-demon at the Fall Formal, yes, but I've done other things as well. Good things. I've helped save you all from antagonists. I used to be part of Twilight Sparkle's group of friends. You all were my friends.

"If you don't believe me and want to pretend that that never occurred, then at least let me apologize for everything I have done to you.

"I'm sorry for taking your lunch money. I'm sorry for spreading rumors about you and blackmailing you. I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. I'm sorry, truly sorry, for everything.

"Please tell me if there is anything, anything I can do to make it up to you. All I ask for in return is forgiveness.

"Maybe, just maybe, you guys will want to be my friends just as much as I do.

"I'm so-"

And with that, Sunset was cut off as Rainbow Dash dropped a large bucketful of black paint on her.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Everyone was silent. Sunset was horrified. She froze in place as everyone watched the dark paint drip.

Soon, Sunset began to cry. Both tears and paint dripped from her face onto the floor.

She collapsed to her knees on the stage, sobbing silently.

The crowd was now murmuring amongst itself. Rainbow Dash and her friends had now joined it. Rainbow had expected everyone to high-five her and tell her what a great prank it was, but no one did. Rainbow didn't even feel like she deserved a high-five. Now that she thought about it, Sunset's speech had sounded... sincere. And she felt somewhat guilty when she saw the bacon-haired girl lying there in sorrow, crying.

Suddenly, the voice of Wallflower popped out from the crowd. "It's true!"

Everyone turned and Wallflower walked onto the stage and spoke.

"What she's saying is true! I- It was me! I found the Memory Stone on the school grounds and I was mad at Sunset for having so many friends even though she used to be a villain. But really, I was beginning to become a villain myself. I stole away all your good memories of Sunset. I wish I could give them back, but it's too late. They're all gone now, forever.

"But you should stop doing these things to her! Look at her! Is she being mean to you? No, you're clearly the ones being mean to her!

"Save Sunset Shimmer!"

The crowd, one by one, joined in.

"Save Sunset Shimmer! Save Sunset Shimmer!"

Even Rainbow Dash and her friends had joined in. Everyone but Sunset was chanting. Sunset looked up. Wallflower reached out her hand. Sunset took it and stood up.

The crowd cheered.

"Save Sunset Shimmer! Save Sunset Shimmer!"

"Thank you," Sunset smiled happily, her tears of sorrow replaced with tears of pure joy.

"Thank you."