• Published 23rd Oct 2019
  • 4,659 Views, 220 Comments

Life on Reset - Clearnote



Sunset and Trixie fail to stop Wallflower's plan, now Canterlot High only remembers Sunset as a bully.

  • ...
25
 220
 4,659

Chapter 3. A New Home

Author's Note:

Thanks for all the Support and sorry for the long break also Happy New Year!!! I wanted to makes this chapter longer but I felt bad about not putting up any content in while so I'll put the second half in next chapter. Anyway enjoy and Don't forget to comment feedback is always welcome. :twilightsmile:

Trixie arrived at Canterlot High early this morning, not as early enough as Twilight would, but early enough for the Young Magician to be proud of. Her mind had been plagued with worry ever since she stopped Wallflower yesterday, she couldn't care less about the detention, all she could think about was Sunset. She didn't mean to upset her, she was only trying to make her feel better. Trixie didn't want to lose the only friend she had, Sunset seemed to be the only one who could put up with her. The Magician paced back and forth as she tried to figure out what she should say. "Sunset, Trixie would- no. Trixie feels awful for saying the true things- nope, that's not it. Trixie feel's awful for making you upset. Trixie was only trying to point out how much better you are with me as- no. Trixie was only trying to make you feel better, Trixie hope you can forgive her?" She went through her speech once more as had to make sure this was perfect. She didn't want to lose her friend, it had to be best damn apology anyone had ever heard.

Once she was happy Trixie entered the School, The Magician immediately began searching for her friend as she barged pace student after student looking for Sunset. But as she looked for Sunset Trixie noticed people we're glaring at her, scowling at her with hate. Normally everyone would ignore her and not pay Trixie a blind bit of notice. But now she got so many hateful glares and she had a good idea why and how the word got out that she hangs around with Sunset. She didn't know why but Trixie felt her blood began to boil, but she ignore everyone to the best of her ability. As she continued looking for Sunset The Magician was greeted with angrier glares, she had enough of everyone look down their nose's at her. "EVERYONE GOT SOMETHING TO SAY?" Trixie shouted, causing everyone to jump back in shock.

"Sunset is a good person! She saved everyone from having their minds messed with! So don't you dare-"

At this point, Sunset had Just left The Sports hall when she heard a loud commotion coming from down the hallway. She followed it and much to her surprise she found Trixie shouting at other students as she was defending her honour. Apart of her didn't want to interfere with Trixie's very flattering speech as it was making her blush. But she didn't want the magician to get in any more trouble than she already was. Sunset pushed her way through the crowd of students as she made her way over to her friend. "TRIXIE! TRIXIE!"

The magician turned around to see her friend standing there with a small smile. "Sunset?!"

"Come on let's go," Sunset said gently before lightly grabbing Trixie's arm. She took her away from all the other students as they all continue to glare at the two girls. Trixie's head was hanging low as Sunset had brought her over to some lockers away from everyone. The magician felt a child being told off by the parent for causing a fuss in the supermarket. She didn't say a word as she felt her friend's eyes lay upon her. "Trixie... I, um... Thanks." She looked up to see Sunset blushing as she rubbed the back of her head. She looked rugged like she slept awkwardly and hadn't washed at all. "I've had someone go so... crazy defensive over me. It was stupid, totally pointless and got you on a bigger hit list then I put you on." Trixie crossed her arm as she turned off to the side, her cheeks red from annoyance. The sun-kissed girl placed her hand on the magician, causing her to tense up her shoulders "But most of it was... sweet. Thank you for defending me."

The red in Trixie's cheek's turned from anger to blushing, she took a moment to compose herself before she replied back. "No problem, don't mention it..... please" Trixie blushed as she couldn't look Sunset in the eyes. she didn't even understand why. This wasn't a feeling she had kind of felt before.

"Well... anyway, I have good news." Sunset stated, change the topic of conversation while also gaining her friend's interest. "I was kicked out of my house and I'm back to living here at school." She stated with an excited smile.

"And How pray tell is this good news? Trixie finds this to be quite the opposite of good." She asked quite confused about her friend's oddly cheery disposition.

"Well, it gave me access to the photography room, where Twilight's drone was being kept after I er... accidentally broke it." She still felt bad for upsetting Twilight. "I found the footage of Wallflower telling us all about her plan." Sunset brought up the video and show Trixie. "When we get called to Principal Celestia's Office and everything will be put back to normal. No more being hated, no having to feel like I'm the bad guy. Me and girls back together." Sunset took her phone back and placed it in her locker, before locking it making sure it was safe.

Trixie frowned what Sunset had just said. Does that mean when she gets her friends back, Trixie is alone again, The Magician thought to herself. Before giving Sunset an odd look. "Why are you keeping your phone in your locker?"

"Well we don't know when Principal Celestia is gonna call us into her office, anything could happen between then and now. At least this way I know its safe, no worries and I know where it is at all times." Suddenly at that moment, the bell goes off signaling the start of first lesson. "English." Sunset stated.

"Math's." Trixie Stated with a flash small smile.

"I guess ill see you in the principle's office." Sunset said with a small as they both headed separate ways. Unknown to them Wallflower watched from a safe distance away.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

First lesson went by without a hair out of place, there was a brief moment where Sunset thought they were off the hook. It wasn't until second lesson that Trixie and Sunset we're called to Principal Celestia's office. Sunset made sure to grab her phone out of her locker before meeting Trixie outside the office. Sunset gave Trixie a small nod before they entered the office finding Twilight and the rest of old friends standing with Wallflower. They all glared at the pair as they walked in. It took every ounce of strength to not walk straight back out, Trixie knew how difficult this was for Sunset, she could see all of the Rainfarts giving them their harshest looks. Trixie doesn't understand what she see's in this stuck up idiots, I'm much better then these fools, The magician thought to herself The Pony girl was surprised as she felt Trixie grab her hand, she looked up to Trixie but she just looked forward her cheek's red. "Principle Celestia, you wanted to see us?" The magician asked.

"Yes, would you care to take a seat?" Celestia asked as she gestured her hand to the two leather seats in front of her. The girls did as they were told and sat in the seats and waited for their principle to talk. "Yesterday Twilight and her friends came to my office and I was deeply upset to hear that a student was being bullied, to even hear that their own property was destroyed. I was even more upset to hear that Sunset was back to her old tricks, and if that wasn't the worst of it, Miss Trixie Lulamoon thought it was good fun to join in and make this student's life a living nightmare. Do you two have anything to say for yourselves." Celestia asks, her voice was stern.

To Sunset it reminded her of the time she abandoned Princess Celestia, but she had to get her bearings soon as it looks like Trixie was about to blow a fuse. "It's not what you think! Wallflower has erased everyone's memories and I have proof." Sunset took out her phone. "She confessed everything I took a recording on Twilights drone and imported on to my phone." Sunset went straight to the videos on her phone. IT WASNT THERE. Cold sweat came over as she began searching all over her phone. There was no sign of it anyway. "I Don't understand! It was there this morning, It-it-it r-really was!" Sunset stated confused and scared.

"Miss Shimmer, I'm finding it difficult to believe in what you have to say." Celestia said with a disappointed tone.

"I can't seem to find it on my phone but it should still be on Twilight's drone. If you just let me show you, I'll prove it. I'm not lying! PLEASE BELIEVE ME!" Sunset Shouted, she felt close to tears as sunset feared she was letting everything fall through her fingers.

"Okay, Miss Shimmer, I'll bite." Celestia agreed, she saw the determination in her eyes.

"OH COME ON!" Rainbow shouted. "She's Clearly faking this! You can't actually believe her?!" Rainbow asks as her friends held her.

"Everyone deserves a chance, Miss Dash. Now, why don't you girls go back to class while I sort this out? I'll call you in due time to tell what happens." With that Rainbow and her friends, with Sunset glaring at Wallflower as she left. Shortly afterward Sunset and Trixie took Principle Celestia to the Photography Room, in last-ditch effort to clear her name.

"You better not be lying to Miss Shimmer." Celestia says as Sunset makes her way over to Twilight's drone.

She began searching through the recording's, while Trixie stood by for emotional support. "Come on, please be there, please be there, please be there." Sunset muttered to her self.

Trixie bit her fingernail as she watched Sunset scan through a ton of videos to only come to a sudden stop. "What's the matter? Did you find it?" Trixie asks sounding hopeful.

"It's gone." Sunset stated, her voice void of any emotion.

Principle Celestia let out a loud sigh, she had hope Sunset was telling the truth. "I'm sorry miss shimmer I can't entertain you anymore. You and Miss Trixie have a two-hour detention tomorrow during and after school."

Sunset just stood there not moving, she couldn't believe it. She had it all and within a matter of minutes, she lost it all. Trixie was about to comfort her friend when Wallflower walked with a smirk. "That was a good try, really had me going there. Look's as though your still the biggest meanie. To think you still had that video of me."

Sunset clenched her fist before she rushed forward pinning Wallflower against the wall. "DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I'VE LOST! Not just my friends, but my home and most of my stuff! I've lost everything, I have nothing left. I'm sorry I was mean to you, I'm sorry I didn't do anything to make it up to you." Sunset took her hands off of Wallflowers as tears began to fall. "I know I was mean but your worse... You probably don't care otherwise you wouldn't have deleted those videos." Sunset dropped to the floor as her emotions overcame her.

Wallflower was about to say something in response when Trixie came forward to pick Sunset up of the floor. "Don't you think you've done enough. Come on sunset let's go." Trixie walked out with arm around Sunset.

Sunset was silent throughout the rest of the day, she barely said anything and Trixie was worried. it wasn't long before the school day was over. Trixie found her friend sat outside on the School steps, she seemed to be staring at the horse statue. "Hey, is er, is everything okay."

"Just wondering if I should go back home." Sunset her voice low and quiet.

Not knowing what to say, Trixie changed the Conversation. "Well... talking about home. You forgot to clear up."

"What do you mean?" Sunset asks before hearing the loud thump, causing her to jump and turn around. Trixie had all of her stuff packed up in the suitcase she came with. "What are you doing with all of my stuff."

"The Great and Powerful Trixie couldn't stand by and just let her friend live in some dirty sports cupboard. A Friend of The Great Trixie needs to have standards, so you're coming to live with me." Trixie stated before stretching her hand out to her friend.

"What about your parents?" Sunset asks. "Won't they have a problem with me living there?"

"Trixie lives alone. My Dad is constantly on the road doing shows, he sends in the occasional letter with the money Trixie needs but that's it. There is no problem." Happy with Trixie's answer, Sunset takes Trixie's hand and stands up.

"Thank you, Trixie, I don't know what I would do without you." Sunset said as she took hold of her suitcases.

"Trixie knows, she's the greatest you don't have to tell her." The magician boasted causing The Equestrian Girl to roll her eyes before smiling and Following her friend to her new home.