• Published 23rd Oct 2019
  • 4,622 Views, 220 Comments

Life on Reset - Clearnote



Sunset and Trixie fail to stop Wallflower's plan, now Canterlot High only remembers Sunset as a bully.

  • ...
25
 220
 4,622

Chapter 2. A Lost Home.

Sunset found her self at the Canterlot Park, she had run so far away from everything, she felt like wanted to run even further away. Sunset sat under a shady part of the tree as she held her knee's breathing deeply as she tried to calm herself from how fast her heart was beating. As soon as she could feel herself calming down, Sunset leaned back against the tree looking up at the leaves as the sun shone through. As she enjoyed the summer breeze, Sunset thought about the events leading up to today. Felt like it was all a blur and hadn't actually caught up to her to yet Sunset began to cry as she thought about all the lost years, she wasn't sure how to back from this. Hours had passed before she checked her phone and noticed how late it was. "I better get home." Sunset said aloud to her self, at that moment her belly rumbled in agreement as she got up off of the tree.

"What can I do to get them back?" Sunset stared at her feet as she strolled through the park, when suddenly...

"SUNSET!!!"

The bacon haired girl turned around to see Flash Sentry running towards her. "Wait up!" This surprised and confused her as she would be the one to hate her the most.

"Flash?" Sunset stated confused, as he stood in front of her trying to catch his breath.

"I.. I heard what happened after school." Flash said as he was still trying to his breath. Sunset didn't know what to say she just stood there waiting for him to say something. "Babe, I thought you had stopped bullying, I wondered why you had gotten so distant recently. I mean you didn't even sit with me at lunch and now I hear you causing trouble again even destroying some girls stuff. And with TRIXIE! Of all people. I can't believe this!"

"This isn't what it sounds like... Wait. Did you just call me... Babe?" Sunset asked as it suddenly brought back memories of a time where she and Flash, dated for a few months.

"Look, I'm sorry but I can't do this anymore. We're through. I can't date you if you keep going down this self-destructive road." Flash didn't wait for a reply he just turned and walked away leaving Sunset very confused.

With not much else to do Sunset continued on her way back home. The encounter with her Ex only brought up more question's. How far did the stone send her life back? And what did the stone alter, did it change her good deeds into bad deeds? or did it completely rewrite her past? She needed to ask Trixie tomorrow at school. She felt terrible for leaving her there alone, Sunset knew that Trixie was only trying to cheer her up, in her own self absorbed way. it was a sweet gesture and after all that Trixie has done, she didn't deserve to be left alone like that. Sunset made a mental note to apologise her Magician friend later. The bacon haired girl had been walking for a little bit now, she was now enjoying warm summer sun being greeted with a gentle breeze. Sunset sighed in contentment as she enjoyed the break away from all the madness plaguing her life. It was like a breath of fresh air in a storm of confusion and pain. "At least this has to be the worst of it over. It has to be."

Sunset finally reached her Flat, to only be greeted with a note attached to her door. She had a worrying feeling as she pulled the note of to read it she could feel her hands shake. Sunset didn't know how much of this, she could actually take.

To whoever is squatting in this Flat you have till the end of the day to remove all your stuff and leave the premises. If you don't comply the police will be called and this matter will be taken further.

The Landlord.

Sunset gripped the paper as felt a tear fell across her cheek before hitting the note making it wet. Princess Twilight and the girls helped her get this Flat, they all chipped in when they found out Sunset was living at the school. As Sunset entered the Flat she Remembered the first time she moved in. Images of Rarity and Fluttershy of helping decorate, while Applejack and Rainbow argued over how to build the frame for Sunset bed. Princess Twilight would help Sunset move the boxes in and unpack them. All the warm feelings of friendship and love came flooding back to her, as she revealed in the moment.

But it was only a brief moment as the feeling drained away leaving a cold empty hole. Sunset was now rushing upstairs getting bags and filling them with clothes, and mementos of a happier time. She looked to her bedside cabinet seeing the group photo of her with the girls. With a sad smile, she placed the photo in her backpack, before packing blankets and pillows into her suitcase. She left the house with a sad sigh as she could only think of one place she had left to go. Canterlot High the place she used to stay at before she became friends with the girls. Life really does feel like it had reset.

It finally got when Sunset reached School. She couldn't believe this is what her life had come to once more, it felt as though she was trapped in a nightmare that she couldn't wake from, no matter how hard she fought. Luckily the doors hadn't been locked, as Principle Celestia hadn't left for the day yet. she was always a bit of an over worker much similarly to Princess Celestia. That was just one of many similarities that the teacher shared with the pony princess. Sunset made her way to the sports hall where she opened the code combination to the room they kept all of the sports stuff in. She couldn't quite believe they hadn't changed the code after all this time. She made her way to the back of the room where all the unused sports equipment were left and forgotten just like her. She felt as though this is where she belonged.

A few moments later she finally made a bed out of the blankets and pillows she took. Sunset climbed into the bed and pulled out the group photo of her and the girls, she placed it next to the bed. She stared at it with a sad smile as she felt her eyes get heavy, but just as she felt herself falling off to sleep, Suddenly The book she uses to contact Twilight starts to glow purple and vibrate. The lost girl immediately sits up and opens the book to see what Princess Twilight has written.

Dear Sunset, sorry I haven't gotten a chance to catch up with you. Not long after you left there was a friendship problem so I'm currently in Filly Delphia with Pinkie. But how Is everything on your end? Did you stop Wallflower and get yours and everyone's memories back?

Twilight.

Sunset smiled to see Twilight writing to her. It filled her heart with joy, making her feel less alone. She proceeds to tell Princess Twilight everything that had happened. All the lows and highs, every bit of detail she could remember. It had only been two days but so much had happed and she didn't want to leave anything out. A few minutes later Princess Twilight finally replied.

Im so sorry Sunset, this must be so difficult for you, I don't know what I would do if I lost my friends. As soon as I'm done here in Filly Delphia, I'll come back as soon as possible. I will get this whole thing sorted out I promise.

P.S. Did you go back to check the recording of the confrontation on your Twilights camera. Maybe it's still there and you can show everyone.

P.P.S. Write back and let me know if the recording is there or not. Good luck!

Sunset couldn't believe that she hadn't thought of this. A small spark of hope, gave her the energy she needed to get out of bed and made her way out of the large supply room. Sunset used the torch on her phone as she walked through the dark and creepy hallways, she occasionally heard the odd sound that made Sunset jump out of her skin. but she chalked it up to her imagination and told herself to keep going until she reached the photography room on the other side of school. Pushing the door open Sunset found the drone still on the desk, it looked like it had been left untouched. She rushed over, turning the drone on and checking the recordings. She let out a little squeal of delight as she came across the video of her confrontation with Wallflower. This was exactly what Sunset needed to prove her innocence.

Sunset immediately pulled out a USB wire from a box in the room and attached her phone to Twilight's Drone as she ported over the video. This was the break she needed finally after a ton of set back's, it felt as though she had a chance. Once it was finished porting over to Sunset's phone, she made her way back to the supply room and told Princess Twilight everything but would make sure to keep her up to date in all that would happen Tomorrow.

She placed her phone in the bag and zipped it all way up to make sure it was safe, nothing was going to ruin this for her. Before she laid her head down, Sunset turned off the electric lamp she brought with her from home. Once she was finally comfortable Sunset laid her head back on the pillows and looked up at the ceiling and sighed in relief. She knew this wasn't going to just fix everything, but this was one of the first steps in making this right.

Author's Note:

So I ended up going a completely different way then I thought for this chapter but kind of like the fact Sunset was on her own for this chapter. Next chapter will where Sunset and Trixie's will really grow together. :heart:

I Also want to say a big thank you everyone who is enjoying and supporting this story. I know my writing isn't the best I was shit in all types school, but I love write so thank you. :twilightsmile: Ill keep doing my best! :twilightsheepish: