• Published 15th Oct 2019
  • 4,741 Views, 178 Comments

Now what? - Silver Butcher



Spinel was just getting use to the way things work in Equestria, then Discord decided to drop one heck of a problem on her lap.

  • ...
14
 178
 4,741

Make a Barn a home

"Hey you OK?" Bismuth asked as she looked down at Pinkie, who was shaking so hard that the counter was shaking with her.

"Give her a moment," Rarity said as she joined Bismuth at the Counter, Sweetie stayed behind to enjoy her shake.

"Oh my gosh!" Pinkie cheered as she jumped over the counter and squeezed Bismuth's face "I can't believe there are more Gems! Are you friends with Spinel? are there more Spinels? What was that one that was flying? Where are you ears?" Bismuth laughed and Picked up Pinkie.

"Aren't you a fun one?" Bismuth gave her a once over "You must be Pinkie, I heard about you,"

"My Reputation proceeds me," Pinkie agreed before slinking out of Bismuth's hands "One second, I gotta make you some Cupcakes, and your flying friend some!"

"There's a fourth one at the barn," Bismuth added. As Pinkie set to work on making a mountain of Cupcakes Bismuth looked down at Rarity, who had her eye's set firmly on Bismuth's gem.

"It's amazing," Rarity whispered just loud enough for Bismuth to hear, Bismuth looked down at her gem and rubbed it.

"Yeah I guess it is pretty good looking." Bismuth replied, Rarity didn't respond as she imagined the Gem as the Center piece of a crown, with Spinel's Gem as the center piece to the dress.

"Fabulous," Rarity muttered dreamily, Bismuth had taken a step back at this point.

"I don't much like that look in your eye," Sweetie got up from the table and made her way to Bismuth.

"Please excuse my sister, she makes clothing for a living-"

"Gezz that sounds ruff," Bismuth said as she looked out the window "as far as I can tell neck ware and hats are all ponies wear," Bismuth squinted for a second "And I really can't think of them wearing shirts or pants in a way that isn't just silly to look at,"

"Um...I don't think I've ever seen anypony besides Discord wear pants," a look of confusion appeared on Bismuth's face as she looked down at Sweetie.

"That guy's a pony?" Bismuth scratching her head "He sure doesn't look like one,"

"It's an expression," Pinkie said as she walked to Bismuth with a Wagon full of neatly packaged Cupcakes. "One Spinel is particularly unfond of." Pinkie was marching in Place, Behind her Rarity was still deep in gem fantasy and she muttered the word dress and Pinkie gave her the stink eye. "You know," Pinkie said as she looked at Rarity "That kind of talk is exactly why your banned from touching Spinel," Pinkie unhooked herself from her cart and jumped on Bismuth's shoulder in one quick movement. "And that same goes for Bismuth," Pinkie handed Bismuth a small whistle in the shape of a fish and said in a serious tone "If she tries to jump you blow for me," She started at Bismuth for a moment before rubbing the sides of her head. "Am I at least close to your ears,"

"I don't think I actually have ears," was Bismuth's only reply.


The walk back to Sweet Apple acres was simple, Pinkie was humming along next to her with Sweetie and Rarity, Sweetie had laid claim to Rarity's milkshake and was more than happy about it.

"So what do Bismuths do?" Sweetie asked after a particularly long attempted sip.

"We build things," Bismuth replied as she listed the only things she could think of "Like buildings, weapons, other such things," She looked back at Sweetie and pointed ahead of them to the front entrance the Apple's farm. "I've got some serious plans for the Barn, Thinking of adding a Tower for Peridot, Defiantly gonna add a Silo so Lapis can have some water storage, might add some things to the ceiling and walls so Spinel can climb around, and I'll need to add a Forge," Bismuth began talking about maybe adding a small plot of land on top of the barn and making a chill zone as they made their way down the dirt road. Rarity finally broke out of her daydreams when she saw the first addition to the barn.

"What on earth is that thing?" She demanded a tone of disgust in her voice.

"Not sure yet," Bismuth replied "It's either gonna be a watch tower, or Lapises bed, Maybe if I set up the supports right we can put the light cannon in it?"

"The what?" Sweetie asked in confusion,

"Oh a few things from our world fell into this one along with us, We have a Moon Goddess statue, An Umbrella, and an Inner tube." She pointed at the truck bed "We just kind of shoved them all up there to deal with later, Light Cannons was just kind of sitting out here all night so I just buried it in a large pile of rugs, welcome mats, and old carpet pieces that were underneath the upper floor area," Bismuth shrugged "Deal with it later," Before more questions could be asked the Door to the Barn opened and an irritated Granny Smith walked past them.

"Morning," She said casually when Peridot slid out of the barn.

"I was just trying to help," She called after Granny before noticing Bismuth, "Bismuth, just the Gem I was hoping to see, I, the great Peridot, have thought up a way to make this Apple Bucking business 100 times more efficient,"

"Sweet Celestia it's a tiny green Trixie," Rarity said in horror as Pinkie shot out of her harness and slid to a stop next to Peridot.

"Oh, my goodness you're so tiny!" Peridot looked over at Pinkie and poked her nose.

"I'm taller than you," She replied smartly.

"But you so much shorted than Bismuth and Spinel,!" Peridot looked at Pinkie for a moment.

"Bismuth who is this... sugar-filled pink creature?"

"That's Pinkie, she brought Cupcakes,"

"Hard Pass," Peridot replied as she held up her hand and her tablet floated to her "I'm busy,"

"You can make things Levitate!?" Pinkie asked in amazement, "Bismuth can you do that?"

"No, but...I can turn my hands into cooking gear," Pinkie lost interest in Peridot and was immediately on Bismuth's shoulder.

"You mean to tell me you can bake!?"

"Sorta?" Bismuth asked as Peridot turned away from them and started typing up a log to repeat aloud when there wasn't so much noise interference,"