• Published 15th Oct 2019
  • 4,707 Views, 178 Comments

Now what? - Silver Butcher



Spinel was just getting use to the way things work in Equestria, then Discord decided to drop one heck of a problem on her lap.

  • ...
14
 178
 4,707

Beginning of Act II

Spinel put her hands on the ground and waited as Applebloom got into position.

"Ready," Applebloom called out, Spinel began compressing her body "Set," Spinel dug her fingers into the ground to keep herself from launching. "GO!" Spinel shot into the tree's like a rocket and began bouncing between them rapidly, the pre-placed buckets began filling up fast as Spinel shot threw the tree's, Applebloom stood on the side with a stop watch. "And....STOP!" Spinel grabbed the tree she had just hit and sent her self flying threw the air, landing next to Applebloom easily.

"Think I beat me record?" Spinel asked as she stretched.

"I dunno," Applebloom replied as she looked at the buckets of Apples "Your record's like 48 buckets in a minute, I don't remember how many we actual set up tho,"

"Easy fix," Spinel relied as she turned to the field "We count as we claim," Spinel walked over to the closest tree surrounded by 4 buckets and picked two of 'em up. "2," She called as she made her way to the barn, her home/Apple storage area. Applebloom ran to the closet bucket and began pushing it through the dirt after Spinel.

'3," she called out.

"Well this won't do," Discord muttered as he watched the two from a vortex window he had made "This isn't even a little chaotic," Discord closed the portal and made his way into his house, it took him a minute before he found what he was looking for, the Vortex to Spinel's world. "Here we go I'll just work some magic and..."


There was a loud knock on the door, after a few tries with no reply a few voices could be heard, one rang out over the other two.

"I have the spare," there was movement and then a loud click, three people looked into the dark and dusty house, one was a tall girl who'd had the key, and another was a medium-sized guy who looked like he hadn't slept in a week, the third was a girl who was playing on her tablet.

"Yo Lee!" The guy called out "You got fired dude!" there was no reply "I bet his family had some party and none of them have found the time to drive him home,"

"Wouldn't he have called or-," The tall girl looked around and cut herself off "-oh no wait his phone's over there,"

"I'll go put his check in his room," The one with the tablet said as she took one of her earbuds out and waved the envelope at them as she headed through the living room and down the hall to his room.

"Frank you didn't think to tell me he'd just vanished?" the tall girl demanded.

"Why is it my job to keep an eye on him, Billie?"

"Because he's an idiot who agrees to everything," She mimicked a voice as she added, "Oh Lee I know you have rent to pay by mommy needs you to spend the next week pet sitting, you won't be paid but you'll do it for mommy right?" Frank stood in silence.

"That was a terrible impression," he replied, the two stood in silence.

"Cindy is the door locked or something?" Frank called, receiving no response "Really? were gonna do this again?" He muttered as he made his way down the hall, Billie waited for his loud complaining but it never came.

"Guys," She called down the hall, she looked around and closed the front door, locking it so if her friends were pulling a prank they'd get stuck at it for a moment, she walked down the hall and found Lee's bedroom door closed, she opened it and was immediately met with a blinding purple light, with a snap the door shut and Billie was gone.


"...and the next creature to get close the enlarged vortex will spit out right here," Discord set the Vortex on his roof and Immediately a tiny green gem fell out of it, a rectangular device falling with it that Discord caught and examined. "What in the...?" He pondered as the gem got up, looked at him, and screamed Discord ignored her as she panicked over him and then over herself.

"Oh my stars I'm freaking Peridot," She managed to say before another gem fell threw the portal, Peridot jumped out of the way and watched as Lapis Stood up, looked at her, and screamed before noticing her own body.

"Am I...Am I a chick now?" Lapis demanded as she looked down at herself "am I freaking Lapis Lazuli?" Peridot had no answer to that when a third gem fell on top of Lapis. It got up and blinked before screaming at them. it looked at itself and freaked out more.

"What in the...why the...Am I Bismuth?" As the three freaked out Discord snapped and deactivated the portal.

"Should do for now," He decided as he looked at the Tablet, the trio looked at him for a silent moment.

"Hey, that's my tablet!" Discord used his tail to stop her advance as she flailed at him "Give that back before you break it you clod!" Peridot blinked, then started giggling and looked back at her friends "I didn't purposely add that last part on," She giggled to her still in shock friends "Clod is such a funny word,"

"Alright," Bismuth said as Lapis freaked out over being a chick again. "You, Fuzzy lizard snake thing,"

"I think that might be Discord," Lapis said when she looked over at him, which got Discord's attention.

"OH? Am I a thing in your world?"

"You're a character from a children's show, my roommate in college watched it sometimes," Lapis shrugged "That's all I got for you,"

"Hmm," Discord said as she handed the Tablet back to Peridot "Alright so I'm sure you three are confused,"

"Ya think?" Peridot said as she tried to use her tablet "Oh come on, no internet access?" Discord blinked and opened a vortex that he stuck his head in for a moment, after an awkward silence Discord pulled his head out and minimized the vortex before snapping it into the tablet, it vibrated for a second, then Peridot got full bars. "I'm never going home," She said bluntly as she began surfing the trans-dimensional web "Look at this I get internet reception from like 80 different dimensions! oh, I'm gonna have fun with this," Bismuth and Lapis looked over at Discord who smiled at them.

"I'm sure you're all wondering why I brought you here?"

"You could say that," Bismuth replied as she stood her ground.

"Well I am the god of chaos, and the world I draw that power from is getting...very un-chaotic, and if it's left like that for too long then...a very undesirably thing may happen, in order to avoid that I've been searching for something to cause enough chaos to keep the energy flow stable, I accidentally pulled another creature form your world named Spinel. The trio looked at each other and thought about where they had been.

"Yeah," Bismuth said "That may be a friend of ours,"

"Wonderful," Discord said happily "Now as I understand something about your world is...unexciting,"

"You could say that," Lapis said as she thought back to the countless hours of school and college just to end up as a fry cook.

"Well I am offering you this chance to live in a world where your basic powers are viewed as unique and interesting instead of one in a million," Bismuth turned around and pulled her friend into her,

"I think, that this guy doesn't know that we were just normal people,"

"Don't correct him," Lapis said "I can deal with being a chick if it means I don't have to work 2-12 6 days a week!"

"I'm not going back," Peridot said as she waved her tablet. Bismuth thought for a moment.

"So I guess Lee got turned into Spinel, he must be freaking out..." Bismuth turned to Discord "We will go to this world, but we have to go to where our friend is," Discord smiled.

"Alright, now let's get to planning your glorious arrival,"

Author's Note:

Gotta love my late night chapter updates.

Comments are always appreciated