• Published 15th Oct 2019
  • 4,724 Views, 178 Comments

Now what? - Silver Butcher



Spinel was just getting use to the way things work in Equestria, then Discord decided to drop one heck of a problem on her lap.

  • ...
14
 178
 4,724

Bismuth's walk

Bismuth looked up at the Back end of a truck, it was now nicely attached to the side of the barn and wouldn't be leaving it any time soon, as she looked at the tiny watched tower hundreds of ideas for modding out the barn came to her mind.

"It's like a video game," She whispered, "But the only thing limiting me is my own imagination...and resources..." Bismuth thought for a moment as she tried to think of the game that was at the tip of her tongue. "Mine...something..." she groaned at her lack of being able to fully use her own mind. "Something weird is defiantly going on, and I bet that Chaos guy is to blame...or at least his magic is," She took a deep breath "So long as I don't just succumb to the inner Bismuth in me I probably won't turn into her...I hope," Bismuth looked inside the barn at Peridot, who was going off on a tangent with her new best friend, green old lady who's name Bismuth had missed. She thought for a moment before turning away from the entrance and heading down the dirt road.

"I guess I can check this place out," Bismuth made her way onto the dirt road and almost immediately bumped into a creature.

"Hey!" the victim complained as he looked up at her "Watch it you....oh holly snap," Bismuth looked down at some sort of bug pony, who was staring at her in amazement. "What the heck are you?" She demanded as she got back up to her hooves.

"I'm Bismuth," Bismuth replied simply "and...I'm a Bismuth," she tapped her gem and the Bug pony looked at it for a moment, she noticed it was shaking as it tried to stand its ground and said politely.

"I'm Ocellus," Ocellus said simply "I just got back in town today, school year's about to start and junk, you...been here long?"

"No, I just got her yesterday,"

"I could...show you around if you want?" Ocellus sounded unsure in her own offer.

"Sure," Bismuth replied "I have absolutely no idea where anything is, Besides that castle, that thinks sticks out,"

"Yeah," Ocellus agreed as she looked towards the crystal structure, "It sticks out hard," Ocellus gave a nervous laugh before walking forward, "So, um, just follow me I guess, Ponyville is just down this road," Bismuth smiled at the nervous pony and followed her without complaint. "This is so weird," Ocellus thought as she looked back at Bismuth "Beyond weird even, why did I offer to show it around?" Ocellus felt like she was about to break into a cold sweat "Because I ran into a giant monster thing and I panicked," Ocellus managed to calm herself down a little and looked back at Bismuth who was looked at the trees in silence, "So," Ocellus said, trying to strike up a friendly conversation, "What brings you to Equestria,"

"Discord opened a vortex in time and space and pulled me and my friends here," She said simply. Ocellus had no ready reply to that and tried jumping to the next topic.

"How many of your friends are here?" She tried.

"There are Lapis and Peridot, they came through with me yesterday, and then there's Spinel, she got sucked into this world like a month ago,"

"Oh, I'm sorry about that?" Ocellus wasn't sure how to react to this information so she was just trying to roll with it.

"Naw it's fine, our old home was...not an easy place to live," Bismuth looked down at Ocellus and added. "Also you don't have to lead me around if you don't want to,"

"No it's fine," Ocellus lied.

"You look like your about to cry or something," Bismuth replied as she looked down at Ocellus "I can get you being a little put off by my size, but I have a hard time believing I'm the biggest thing you've ever seen,"

"Well yeah," Ocellus confirmed "as a Changling I can turn into bigger creatures," Bismuth looked at Ocellus for a moment and took a step back.

"OK see, now I'm a little worried about being in your company," Bismuth said with a nervous laugh "How about we meet in the middle, you just take me someplace easy for me to remember and we can consider this awkward walk done?"

"Deal," Ocellus agreed "You like Cupcakes?"

"I think it should be illegal not to," Bismuth replied.

"Well, I'll take you to Sugar cube corner then, If you haven't met Pinkie yet she'll probably give you a couple as a Welcome to Ponyville present."

"Sounds like a nice...pony?"

"She is a pony," Ocellus confirmed as they headed out, it took them little time to reach ponyville, the town was in a bit of a rush,

"Did you see it?" Cheerliee asked Sugar Belle "There was a creature flying through the air with water wings,"

"Big Mac told me there are more Gem golems, like three more," The talking cut off as the residents of Ponyville saw Bismuth walking with Ocellus.

"So you're a type of golem?"

"That seems to be what Spinel's going with," Bismuth replied as she looked at the ponies.

"Sugar cube corner is that building right there," Ocellus said pointing at the bakery with her hooves, "You see?"

"Yeah, Yeah I see it," Bismuth smiled at Ocellus "See you later Ocellus," She said as she went on her way to the bakery, Ocellus watched her go and was almost immediately swarmed by other ponies asking her about the new Gem Golem.


"Here you go Rarity," Pinkie said merrily as she set a Chocolate Milkshake down on Rarity and Sweetie's table "and her you go, Sweetie," She added as she placed a Vanilla one down.

"Did you hear?" Rarity asked Pinkie "I heard from Rainbow this morning that there are more Gems now, Me and Sweetie even saw one flying by using water,"

"What!?" Pinkie demanded as the bell to the door rang "How many!? What are their names? Have they eaten before?"

"I can't wait to meet them myself," Rarity added "Spinel's a little odd but I'm sure at least one of them has decent taste in fashion,"

"What?" A laughing voice asked, The trio turned and looked at Bismuth who was chuckling. "What is this worlds definition of Fashion? I haven't seen any of the ponies I passed by wearing clothes," The Three ponies looked at Bismuth in quiet shock. "I'm liking this place," Bismuth decided "Nothing makes sense here," Bismuth walked over to the counter and rang the bell, Pinkie jumped out from behind the counter, excitement glowing in her eyes and Bismuth looked back where she had just seen her. "My point is proven,"

Author's Note:

This chapter takes place at the same time as the last few chapters.

Special thanks to Shadowshame for random editing