• Published 15th Oct 2019
  • 4,719 Views, 178 Comments

Now what? - Silver Butcher



Spinel was just getting use to the way things work in Equestria, then Discord decided to drop one heck of a problem on her lap.

  • ...
14
 178
 4,719

4 Gems one Barn

Twilight stood in stunned disbelief as she watched the scene before her unfold. Lapis, being the only one on her feet, offered her hand to Applejack, who took the offer and was helped up.

"Wow," AJ said as she looked up at Lapis, "What can you do?" Lapis raised one of her brows at that when Bismuth got to her feet and Applejack lost all interest in Lapis. "Sweet Mother of Granny!" She cried out as Bismuth picked up Spinel, who just kind of hung in the taller gems grasp.

"This, Applejack, Is a Bismuth, They build stuff," Applejack trailed off into silent wonder as Spinel stretched her feet to the ground and Bismuth dropped her. "And Allow me to introduce you to Equestria, trust me when I say this place is nothing like home world," Spinel smiled at Bismuth who looked at her in silence. "You're confused, that is totally fair, this place is as confusing as you are confused," as Spinel started up her one-sided conversation Rainbow Dash silently watched Peridot, who was tapping away at her tablet.

"Uh..." Rainbow tried.

"Hm?" Peridot replied, looking over at Rainbow Dash, "Oh a flying horse, where the heck am I?" Peridot looked around in genuine confusion "Why am I in a tree?" She demanded.

"So I don't have to deal with you," Lapis called back as she walked over to Spinel and patted her back, Spinel looked back happily just as Applebloom made her way forward, Bismuth looked down at her, and Applebloom did everything in her power not to shake as she loomed over her.

"Hey there little fella,"

"Fella?" Applebloom replied without hesitation.

"Sorry, little one, I do believe me and my buddies might be...in a small bit of a pickle here, don't suppose you know someone who could...explain what exactly is happening?" As soon as Bismuth said the word explain Twilight freed herself from her horror.

"I can answer almost all your questions!" She called as she rushed to the big gem.

-40 minutes later-

"Oh thank Celestia," Twilight sighed in relief as She looked up at the group. Folding chairs had been set up in front of the Barn, and Bismuth had been listening to Twilight's speech on what had just happened, followed by a speech about the basics of living in Equestria, Meanwhile, Spinel was trying to figure out how to set up the things that had fallen through the vortex with her new roommates, Peridot had been recording Twilight's speech for later use and Lapis had lost interest within the first 5 minutes and was just getting the hang of her water powers, as she formed a pair of large Water fists to help Spinel with placing the back of the truck Applejack was going crazy with all the work that could get done. "I'm just so happy you're not all...like Spinel is, um do you three know her by any chance?"

"Yeah," Spinel called back "They were trying to stop my Injector from killing their planet,"

"Spoilers," Peridot muttered "Me and Fr...Lapis haven't seen the movie yet,"

"Hush," Bismuth said "We can talk about that in private," Twilight was about to say something when a loud crash happened and the group looked up to see the cut-in-half truck had been slammed into the Barn from the side.

"Check it out!" Spinel called as she and Lapis lay in it "We installed a watch tower!"

"That's what that thing's for?" Applejack called as she cocked her head to the side, after a moment she nodded "I can see that working, night watch for critters, I'll have to look into that," Discord watched the scene playing before him with amusement.

"What are you smiling at?" Twilight demanded.

"This, I love everything about this," Discord and Twilight watched as Bismuth looked up at the Mess, Peridot was dragging the fold-up chair she had been sitting on inside.

"You can't just stick it through a wall!" Bismuth called "You gotta add some supports to the bottom and sides to keep it from..." Bismuth trailed off in confusion "Why do I know that?" She thought in confusion, Spinel looked over at Lapis and found her fast asleep.

"Aw, she's sleeping," Spinel whispered before chucking herself over the edge and landing next to Bismuth, "Lapis is taking a nap in the new Watchtower so you'll have to reinforce it later, There's a Bed inside the barn, and up that ladder" Spinel patted herself as she added "I've never used it so-" Spinel kept talking and Bismuth stood in silence.

"Lot of things are wrong here, but if this is Lee, he isn't acting very much like himself," Bismuth scratched her head and sighed before saying aloud "I could go for a nap right now myself," She decided as she made her way inside and up the ladder. Spinel bounced to Applejack and Applebloom, Twilight and Discord making their way to the castle to talk about what had just happened.

"Don't worry," She whispered to AJ "I won't tell them about the week of not having to work thing," She gave AJ a wink before bouncing back to the barn.

"Good," Applejack said merrily "I'll give 'em the rest of the day and tomorrow to get settled in," She smiled "But after that this Apple farm is gonna be the top farm in Equestria in no time!!"

"Sis you scare me sometimes," Applebloom said as they made their way into their home. Spinel made her way into the barn and waved at Peridot, who was re-watching the Speech. Peridot was just getting to the part where Twilight was explaining to the Princesses when she heard something else.

"It's the color wars, Paulette, doesn't that mean anything to you?" Peridot jumped out of her seat as her eyes rapidly darted around the room, landing on Spinel watching Camp Pining Hearts in the back of the room.

"I love this Special," Spinel said softly as she bounced in excitement as the show started.

"Is that Camp Pining Hearts?" Peridot demanded as she walked over, Spinel's arm shot across the room and she grabbed the table next to the door, the busted lamp on it falling to the floor as she pulled it over to them.

"A Place for your tablet?" Spinel asked, opening the drawer in the small end table. Peridot looked at the tablet, then up to where both Bismuth and Lapis were sleeping.

"I suppose I could put it down and watch an episode or two Lee," Spinel smiled.

"Oh you know about the Lee twins, Have you seen Camp Pining Hearts before?" Peridot smiled awkwardly.

"Sorta, alternate Dimension thing," Peridot placed the tablet in the drawer and shut it before sitting next to Spinel, who rewound the episode back to the beginning, once again the line was spoken.

"It's the color wars, Paulette, doesn't that mean anything to you?"