• Published 25th Jun 2019
  • 645 Views, 14 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EG: Neo W.R.G.P World Arc - foxmaster



The same as the first one. Decided to mix the search for the number monsters in with the W.R.G.P. And no there will be no Link summoning in this story but there may be some stuff from the newer sets.

  • ...
3
 14
 645

At Last We Meet Team Demise

Team Silverwing was now in Africa competing in the second semi-final match against Team Savannah. The first match was between Team Demise and Team Yak from Norway which ended with Team Demise’s victory. As for the current duel, both sides were down to their final duelists and Silver had Buster Blader out while the other guy had no monsters or set cards along with no cards in his hand.

“ Buster Blader attack Kwame directly and end this duel. Buster Blader delivered a powerful blow that reduced Kwame’s life to zero.

Silver Chance: 2200
Kwame:0
WINNER:Silver Chance

“ And there you have it folks joining Team demise in the Final Round is Team Silverwing,” The announcer said. As soon as the match ended Team Savannah wished Silver and his team the best of luck in the final round before they left. On their way back to the hotel Silver and the others run into a familiar face they met in Japan.

“ I've been waiting for you Silver chance,” Yuji said.

“ Yuji? “ What are you doing here?” Lyra asked.

“ I've been following you guys throughout the tournament while collecting the remaining numbers,” Yuji said.

“ Any luck on finding your friend Nova?” Silver asked.

“ Actually the last number I found gave me the exact location Nova is being held,” Yuji said while showing them the number which was Number 68 Sanaphond The Sky Prison.

“ That’s awesome where is he being held?” Lightning asked.

“ Inside the dungeon of King Vinca the third’s castle which is all the way in the Tatra mountain range in Slovakia,” Yuji said.

“ Please tell us you don’t plan to storm that castle by yourself,” Lyra pleaded.

“ Yeah the mountains can be very dangerous to climb since the air gets thinner the higher up you go not to mention colder,” Silver pointed out.

“ Who said anything about climbing,” Yuji said before a giant airship with gears and wires appeared.

“ What is that?” Silver asked before a man with black and red hair wearing an explorer's outfit along with a woman with green hair and yellow eyes wearing a light blue dress with matching heels and a sunhat came out.

“ This is the Different Dimension Airship which originally belonged to my friend Astral,” The man said, answering Silver’s question.

“ Dad you don’t have to mention that part,” Yuji said.

“ Well it's true,” Yuji’s dad said.

“ I’m guessing you two are Yuji’s parents?” Lyra asked.

“ Sure are, I’m Yuma Tsukumo,” Yuma said.

“ And I'm Tori Tsukumo,” Tori said.

“ Nice to meet you. I’m,” Silver said before Yuma interrupted him.

“ No need for introductions, we've been watching your duels from our Airship so we already know who you four are,” Yuma said.

“ Now that introductions are out of the way. What is your plan exactly?” Lightning asked, wanting to get back on topic.

“ We managed to collect 80 of the 100 number monsters thus far so we almost have all of them,” Yuji said.

“ I managed to collect 19 of them,” Silver said.

“ I know this might sound like a selfish thing to ask but would you mind handing them over?” Yuma asked.

“ Take them, it's better for them to be with a duelist who can handle their power which neither of us can do,” Silver said as he sent them flying out of his element and into Yuji’s key.

“ Thank you Silver, you have no idea what this means to us,” Yuma said.

“ So anyway what is your plan?” Lyra asked.

“ Simple while you four keep Team Demise busy I will save Nova while my dad looks for the final number which we have reason to believe lies somewhere in the Castle,” Yuji explained.

“ Then we shall see you in Slovakia,” Lightning said.

“ You know you can just ride with us. We have plenty of space for your runners and you guys,” Tori offered.

“ Thank you,” Ratchet said.


The next day in a stadium near the base of the Tatra mountain range both teams were gearing up for the final match. The Mc took his place in the announcer’s box before speaking.

“ Welcome everyone to the final match of the World Racing Grand Prix. This has been quite an eventful two months with many teams giving it their all and now we are down to our last two teams who worked so hard to get here so without further ado let's introduce them. First up from the European Union the team who were dominating the A block with just their first rider alone Team Demise,” the Mc shouted as all three members of Team Demise entered the stadium with the crowd erupting with cheers for them. “ And their opponents all the way from the United States Of America who were zipping through the A block Team Silverwing. As soon as Silver and his team entered the stadium the crowd did not applaud for them which by this point they were used to. As soon as introductions were out of the way both teams sent out their first duelists. “ Taking the first leg for Team Demise is Sterben Lariat and taking the first leg for Team Silverwing is Lyra Heartstrings. As soon as both duelists were lined up the MC activated the Speed World V Action Field which constructed a bunch of ramps and half-pipes which were just standard until a bunch of tunnels on the sides of the mountains opened up and connected to the main track turning this duel into a race around the mountains. Both duelists took off and despite Lyra’s best effort, Sterben rounded the corner first which earned him the first move. Both duelists drew their opening hands and began the duel.

DUEL
Lyra Heartstrings:4000
Sterben Lariat:4000

“ The first move is mine,” Sterben said before pulling a card from his hand. “ And to start I summon Death Dragon Soldier in attack mode. A black dragon with black armor and yellow eyes wielding a sword and shield and a lance on his back appeared out of the shadows and onto the field.

Death Dragon Soldier
LV:4
ATK:1700

“ Next I activate the Spell Double Summon which allows me to Normal Summon another Death Dragon Soldier in attack mode. Another copy of Death Dragon Soldier appeared next to the first one.

Death Dragon Soldier
LV:4
ATK:1700

“ Next I pay 500 Life points so I can Special Summon Skeleton Death Dragon from my hand. Sterben was covered in a black aura that made it look like it was hurting him but did not show it due to his level of toughness.

Lyra Heartstrings:4000
Sterben Lariat:3500

After paying his points and ending up with what looked like a small scar going down the left side of his face a smaller skeleton version of Soldier appeared on the field.

Skeleton Death Dragon
LV:3
ATK:800

“ Now the stage is set for my greatest monster,” Sterben said, which did not go so well for Lyra since it was still turn one and she already felt like she was screwed. “ This monster cannot be Normal Summoned or Set but by destroying three Death Dragon Monsters on my field I can Special Summon it so meet my ace Death Dragon Underworld Lord. all three of Sterben’s monsters exploded and out of the blast came a large black dragon overlord with spiky armor and two big swords on his back.

Death Dragon Underworld Lord
LV:8
ATK:3000

“ That’s quite the monster,” Lyra said.

“ You haven't seen anything yet and as much as I would love to unleash his power on you I can’t since this is turn one so I will end my turn here,” Sterben said.

“ My turn I draw,” Lyra said as she drew her sixth card. Lyra was already in a bind with a 3000 attack point powerhouse staring her down and barely anything to help her out of this situation. Lyra began thinking since what she had to work with were a few of her high-level monsters and no way to summon them. After seeing she had a possible solution in her hand Lyra went for it. “ First I activate the Spell Trade In by discarding a Level Eight monster from my hand I can draw two cards so I discard my Mozarta. After discarding her card Lyra drew her two cards and even though none of them could help her with summoning a monster they did provide her with some defense. “ I set two cards face-down and end my turn.

“ My turn I draw,” Sterben said as he drew his card. Sterben was sure that one of Lyra’s set cards could turn things around if he attacked recklessly. First I activate the Spell Underworld Draw by banishing a DARK attribute monster from my GY I can draw two cards so I will banish Skeleton Death Dragon. After banishing his declared card Sterben drew two cards and looked pleased with his draw. “ Next I activate the Spell Illegal Contract With The Creator. This card destroys one monster on my field but in exchange, you take damage equal to the destroyed monster's attack points so say goodbye to my Underworld Lord and prepare to take a whopping 3000 points of damage. Underworld Lord suddenly exploded and sent a ton of spikes flying towards Lyra who went for one of her set cards.

“ I activate my Trap Souvenir Grenade when you use an effect that would inflict damage to me we both take that damage. Lyra suddenly chucked a Grenade which exploded and damaged both of them but Sterben was the one who looked much worse since all that damage left what looked like many huge gashes on his body which had Lyra very concerned.

Lyra Heartstrings:1000
Sterben Lariat:500

“ Are you feeling ok?” Lyra asked.

“ Never mind about me, you should be more concerned about yourself. Since my Underworld Lord left the field I can Special Summon two Level Four or lower Death Dragon Monsters from my GY with their effects negated so my two Soldiers come back. Both of Sterben’s monsters returned to the field in attack mode ready to end the match with a single strike.

Death Dragon Soldier x2
LV:4
ATK:1700

“ I figured you would try something like this. I activate the Trap Banishing Burn,” Lyra said as a Trap with an image of a warrior fading out of existence while burning flipped face up. “ When you Special Summon monsters with 1500 or more attack points this card not only banishes those monsters it also inflicts 400 points of damage for each monster banished by this effect. As both Death Dragon Soldiers burned out of existence the flames consumed Sterben and inflicted 800 points of damage which caused his runner to emit smoke.

Lyra Heartstrings:1000
Sterben Lariat:0
WINNER: Lyra Heartstrings

As soon as both duelists returned to the stadium Sterben returned to his Team’s pit to a slightly upset Lydia.

“ How could a meat shield like you fall so easily to some teenage girl?” Lydia shouted before swiping the armband and placing it on her arm.

“ I was not expecting someone to use such a dangerous Trap card like that so get off my back and stick to your screens lab geek,” Sterben said.

“ Enough both of you,” Their Leader said.

“ Sorry Vinca,” They both said in unison.

“ Now Lydia, it's your turn to finish what Sterben started so go out there and finish that girl off,” Vinca said before Lydia took off.


Meanwhile, with Yuji and his parents, they along with their friends from back home managed to take out most of the guards but still could not find the dungeon inside that huge Castle. Yuji was getting tired and leaned against one of the wall banners which had a secret switch behind it that opened a secret passage that had a stairway leading down. As soon as Yuji reached the bottom he found the dungeon which was unguarded thanks to all the chaos everyone created. Yuji checked the cells until he saw a blue energy person chained up by the only known material to bind beings from Astral World.

“ Yuji you finally found me,” Nova said with joy.

“ It wasn't easy,” Yuji said as he unlocked the cell and unchained Nova who collapsed from exhaustion. “ Easy Nova get back inside the key and rest up. Nova suddenly turned into pure energy and went inside the key to rest. Yuji was about to leave until he heard the sound of footsteps along with a gruff voice.

“ Ok, who left the Secret Passage open?” The voice yelled. Yuji scrambled for a place to hide and found a suit of armor to hide in.


“ And taking the second leg for Team demise is Lydia Haywood,” The Mc shouted as Lydia caught up to Lyra and drew her opening hand.

DUEL
Lyra Heartstrings:1000
Lydia Haywood:4000

“ My turn I draw,” Lydia said as she drew her sixth card. Lydia looked at her hand and was disappointed that she had some good monsters but could not summon them due to the conditions not being right. “ I set two cards face-down and end my turn.

“ My turn I draw,” Lyra said as she drew her fifth card. Lyra was pleased to see she drew exactly what she needed to get things rolling. “ First I activate the Continuous Spell Valhalla Hall Of the Fallen.

“ And let me guess you're going to use it to summon one of your high-level Fairy-Type monsters,” Lydia guessed using the data she gathered on Team Silverwing.

“ Correct,” Lyra said.

“ Well, I won’t let you. I reveal my Trap Cyber Egg, “Lydia said as a trap with an image of a bird egg made of metal flipped face up. “ This Trap summons a Cyber Egg Token to your side of the field in defense Mode. A metal egg with lines and circuits appeared on Lyra’s field.

Cyber Egg Token
LV:4
DEF:2000

“ I knew you would use that spell of yours since you have used that very card in 100% of your duels and I know in order to use its effect you must have no monsters on your field,” Lydia explained. “ Oh and a couple of things about that egg. You cannot Tribute or use it as synchro or Fusion Material and when it's destroyed by battle you take 1000 points of damage. Lyra looked upset that her strategy was stopped but continued her turn.

“ I set one card face-down and end my turn,” Lyra said as a set card appeared behind the egg on her field.

“ My turn I draw,” Lydia said as she drew her fifth card. Lydia was pleased she drew into the card she needed. “ First I activate the Spell Polymerization and use it to fuse the three Cyber dragons that are in my hand. Three dragons made of metal appeared before spinning in the fusion vortex.

“ Mighty dragons of the cyber Legacy combine into the ultimate weapon of power and destruction! Fusion Summon! Rise! Level ten! Cyber End Dragon!

A three-headed mechanical dragon appeared and unleashed a mighty roar that was three times as loud.

Cyber End Dragon
LV:10
ATK:4000

“ 4000 attack points?” Lyra said in shock.

“ That’s right and one thing you should know before you point out the obvious. Cyber End Dragon can inflict Piercing Damage,” Lydia pointed out. “ And just so you don’t pull anything I’m activating my set card which is the Quick-Play Spell Trident Blaze. I can only activate this card while I control Cyber End Dragon and it allows me to destroy up to three cards on the field so there goes your Valhalla and face-down. Cyber End Dragon blasted both Valhalla and Lyra’s set card which revealed to be Draining Shield. Now all Lyra had left was a useless egg that was going to destroy her as soon as it was destroyed. “ Now it's time to battle and even though the drawback to using Trident Blaze cuts the battle damage in half it's still enough to finish you. Cyber end Dragon attack that Cyber Egg Token with Super Strident Blaze. Cyber End dragon unleashed three powerful bursts of energy that were heading towards the egg. Lyra looked around for action cards and found one just in the nick of time and activated it.

“ I activate the Action Spell Phoenix Antidote which restores my Life Points by 1500. Lyra was covered in a green aura as her life points went up.

Lyra Heartstrings:2500
Lydia Haywood:4000

The blasts managed to destroy the egg and deal damage to Lyra.

Lyra Heartstrings:1500
Lydia Haywood:4000

“ And don’t forget you take another 1000 points of damage since that token was destroyed by battle. The egg sent another blast at Lyra which damaged her some more.

Lyra Heartstrings:500
Lydia Haywood:4000

Lydia moved into her Main Phase 2 and noticed another action card and grabbed it before smiling and activating it. “ Looks like this is the end. I activate the Action Spell Fire Gem which inflicts 600 points of damage to you. Lyra was nailed by a fireball that drained the rest of her Life Points and caused her runner to emit smoke.

Lyra Heartstrings:0
Lydia Haywood:4000
WINNER: Lydia Haywood

Lyra drove back to her team's pit and handed the baton to Lightning.

“ Sorry I could not beat her Lightning. These guys are tough,” Lyra said.

“ Don’t sweat it, you did your best,” Lightning said. “ Besides this way I can get back at that lady for what she did back in Las Pegasus. Lightning took off and Lyra sat down pinning all her hopes on Lightning.

Author's Note:

Card info

Underworld Draw
Spell/Normal Spell
Effect: Banish one DARK attribute monster from your GY and if you do draw two cards.

Illegal Contract With The Creator
Spell/Normal Spell
Effect: destroy one face-up monster you control and if you do inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's original attack points. You can only use one Illegal Contract With The Creator per duel.

Banishing Burn
Trap/Normal Trap
Effect: When your opponent Special Summons monsters with 1500 or more attack points banish those monsters and if you do inflict 400 points of damage to your opponent for each monster banished by this effect.

Cyber Egg
Trap/Normal Trap
Effect: Special Summon one Cyber Egg token (Machine-type/LIGHT/LV4/0ATK/2000DEF) to your Opponent's side of the field in defense mode. (this token cannot be tributed or used as Fusion or Synchro material. When this token is destroyed by battle inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent.

Trident Blaze
Spell/Quick-Play Spell
Effect: You can only activate this card while Cyber End Dragon is on your side of the field. You can destroy up to three cards your opponent controls. Any battle damage you inflict this turn will be halved. you can only use one Trident Blaze per turn.

Sorry for the wait and I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and special thanks to DryvernX for letting me use his Death Dragon archetype for this duel.