• Published 23rd Jun 2019
  • 1,077 Views, 178 Comments

What if Mavis was a: - darkmage1997



A few short stories about Mavis being something other than a Mermaid/Gorgon.

  • ...
 178
 1,077

Werewolf (Part 4)

Time passed as Mavis continued getting used to Equestria. While there were a few.... inconveniences, like getting kidnapped not once, but twice by power hungry unicorns, she was able to make lots of new friends, like the ones in Ponyville, and her mentors, the Northern Mountain Nymphs, who were helping Mavis with getting better control of her lycanthropy. Today, she was with Cosmo, who was the most beneficial to Mavis, as her cosmic projections helped Mavis to better resist the transformation. However, this was easier said than done, as, during one of their sessions, Mavis had transformed into her werewolf form, "I'm sorry Mavis, but I guess there's nothing I can do for you," Cosmo apologized.

"It's not your fault. My wolfish urges are too strong for me to resist," Mavis replied, hugging her master. It was then that Dana came in with a meaty mutton drumstick for the werewolf, followed by Kat and Marina.

"Still no luck?" the thicc Nymph asked, giving Mavis her lunch.

"No. It would appear her transformation is an uncontrollable impulse," Cosmo replied, as Mavis glumly ate the food Dana gave her.

"Mavis, do you know of any other werewolves from you pack who can control the transformation?" Marina asked. Mavis took a moment to swallow some of the food.

"The only one in mon pack that resist the change of her free will is the Queen Werewolf," Mavis replied.

"I'm assuming that this 'Queen' is like the alpha wolf?" Kat asked, as Mavis finished off the drumstick.

"Oui. She welcomes those who are cast out of the nearby villages into our pack. I don't really know how the whole process works myself," Mavis explained.

"So, our only chance of understanding how your pack operates would be to contact the queen or one of her subjects," Cosmo commented.

"Well, we do have those crystal balls that can contact beings from other dimensions. We can use those," Kat suggested.

"Well that would all depend. Mavis, do you know the queen or anyone from your pack?" Dana asked, holding the werewolf in her lap.

"Non. I always kept to myself. I was too shy to interact with anyone," Mavis admitted.

"I know this is a little bit sensitive of a subject, but what about your parents?" Kat asked.

"Well, my parents and I were exiled from a village at one point, after some humans caught Maman and moi transforming. As a result, we had to leave our home, and go to the village of the werebeasts. Papa was among the few humans that lived there," Mavis replied solemnly.

"Hmm.... Mavis, I know you feel pained at thinking about your parents, but what if we got your parents to explain things?" Marina offered. The other Nymphs knew where she was going with this.

"I would like to see them again, but.... they were murdered by human hunters, remember?" Mavis asked, trying to hold back the tears. Dana spun Mavis around, and smothered the lycan girl in her enormous bosom.

"There, there Mavis, you're among friends," Dana soothed, rubbing the young girl's back.

"But what Marina was getting at is that we can still communicate with your parents, even if they're not in the world of the living," Cosmo added. This was able to make Mavis perk up.

"Really?" Mavis asked.

"We have a sister over at the Eastern Nymph Grotto, who communicates with the dead. Her name is Fortuna, and she's known as the Fortune Teller Nymph," Marina explained.

"If we go to see her, I will be able to see Maman and Papa again?" Mavis asked.

"Of course. She contacts the spirits to help read fortunes, or to help others contact loved ones who have passed on," Dana replied.

"So, would you like to go see her?" Cosmo asked. Mavis didn't even need a second to think about it.

"Oui," she replied.

"Alright then, let's go and get ready," Cosmo said, as she and the other Nymphs took Mavis out of her observatory.


Later, at the Eastern Nymph Grotto,

In a temple that looked like an Japanese Palace, some large crystals were beginning to glow brightly. This caught the attention of a Nymph with long, blonde hair, and a chartreuse bikini. She had a Four Leafed Clover charm around her neck, "What could this be?" she asked, looking at the crystals. Her answer soon answered itself, as the Nymphs from the Northern Grotto and Mavis were all flung out of them. Mavis looked to be really dizzy.

"Easy there, sweetie," Kat said, holding Mavis.

"Dana, Cosmo, Marina, and Kat too? This is certainly a surprise," the new Nymph commented.

"Sorry barging in like this Gladys, but do you know where Fortuna is?" Cosmo asked.

"Where else? She's been in her room all day, reading her tarot cards. But her predictions were right. We were in store for a big surprise sometime soon," Gladys replied. It was then she noticed Mavis, "Oh, who might this cute little puppy be?" she asked, petting Mavis' head. Mavis wagged her tail at being petted, and had a content expression on her face.

"This is our student, Mavis. She was recently adopted by the new ruler of the Crystal Empire, Princess Cadence," Marina replied. Gladys had a shocked look on her face.

"Oh, so the Empire's back after all this time?" Gladys asked.

"Yep, and so is that despicable king, Sombra," Dana replied.

"Mavis is also the newest Crystal Nymph," Cosmo added.

"I see," Gladys replied.

"Mavis, this is Gladys, the Luck Nymph. She controls the luckiness of every living creature," Marina introduced Mavis to Gladys.

"Bonjour, Gladys," Mavis greeted respectfully.

"It's very nice to meet you Mavis. Would you like to go see Fortuna now?" Gladys asked.

"I would like that very much," Mavis replied.

"Ok, then come this way," Fortuna said, leading Mavis and the older Nymphs along. Looking around, Mavis saw two more Nymphs. One had lavender hair and a seafoam green bikini, while the other had brown hair and a white bikini. She was carrying some tools that Mavis could tell were for chiseling stone. The lavender haired Nymph was posing for the other Nymph.

"You see Mavis, unlike the Northern and Southern Grottos, the Eastern and Western Grottos only have four Nymphs each. But you won't go to the Western Grotto until you're much older," Dana explained.

"Why's that?" Mavis asked.

"Uh, don't worry about. Just take our word for it," Kat quickly replied. The thought of two Nymphs, both dressed in black bikinis, cracking some whips entered her mind. She shuddered at the thought, as did the other Nymphs.

"They are so cold," Marina squeaked to Cosmo. Thankfully, even with Mavis' sharpened hearing, she didn't hear what the Water Nymph had said. It was then that they had arrived at what looked to be a gypsy wagon.

"Ok, Mavis, Fortuna is just inside," Gladys said, pulling the curtains aside, allowing Mavis, Dana, and Marina to enter. Inside, they saw a dark skinned Nymph dressed in a skimpy gypsy outfit, sitting at a table.

"I've been expecting you," the Nymph greeted.

"Hello Fortuna. I assume you also know why we have come here?" Marina asked.

"No. I only foresaw that you were coming. You know I prefer to only look so far into the future, as not to spoil any surprises," Fortuna replied.

"Yes, well, we're here on behalf of our student. This is Mavis, a werewolf. We came here for two reasons. One, she wants to speak with her parents who have.... left the world of the living. And two, we would also like to talk to them about a rather interesting subject Mavis brought up," Dana explained, holding the little werewolf.

"I see," Fortuna said, turning her gaze to Mavis, "Mavis, was it? In order to contact your parents, I must ask that you hold the crystal ball with me. I must have someone who is related to the specific spirits in question in order to contact them," Fortuna explained.

"Oui," Mavis said, as Dana lifted her up onto the table. Mavis placed her beastly paws on the crystal orb, on top of Fortuna's hands. The ball began to glow.

"Calling the spirits of.... what did you say your parent's names were?" Fortuna asked Mavis.

"Mon Maman's name is Alice, and mon Papa's name is David. Oh, and our last name is Gustou," Mavis replied.

"Ok. As I was saying, calling the spirits of Alice and David Gustou. Alice and David Gustou," Fortuna said, as an image of Mavis' parents materialized.

"Maman! Papa!" Mavis exclaimed.

"Mavis, mon enfant! Oh, I am so happy to see you again!" Alice exclaimed.

"How've you been, princess?" David asked.

"I have been doing just fine, Papa. But I've missed you every day since, well, you know," Mavis tried to dance around what she was trying to say.

"And we long to hold you in our arms too, precious," Alice replied.

"So, what've you been up to?" David asked.

"A lot has been happening to moi. I have made a lot of new friends, including the Nymphs that have helped me to contact you," Mavis replied.

"Well, that's good. These Nymphs, have they been treating you well? Alice asked.

"Oui. They've given me all kinds of lessons regarding nature," Mavis replied. Her parents nodded.

"Uh, Mavis, may I?" Dana asked. Mavis nodded, and scooched out of the way, "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Gustou, I am Dana, one of Mavis' teachers, along with one of my sisters, Marina," Dana introduced herself and Marina.

"It's very nice to meet both of you. And merci for looking after our precious little enfant," Alice said, feeling slightly insecure about her figure, seeing how sexy the two Nymphs were.

"It's our pleasure. But it was actually Princess Cadence who is Mavis' new legal guardian," Marina said. The two parents nodded.

"Anyhow, we were hoping you could answer a few questions we have in regards to the pack that you all came from," Dana added.

"Oh, well, ok. We can answer whatever we're able to," David replied.

"First off, Mavis said something about outcasts being welcomed into the pack. Could you clarify?" Marina asked.

"Ah yes. Well, you see, our pack lives in a dense forest that is surrounded by four or five small human villages. The humans fear and loathe our kind, so much so, that they'll banish anyone if they have animal bitemarks, regardless of where they came from," Alice began.

"See, back when we were living in our village, Alice and I were set to get married, with Mavis on the way," David explained.


4 Years Ago,

And 18 year old of David and Alice were walking home from the market late one night, with David carrying the majority of the groceries, while his four month pregnant wife was carrying two small bags, "Really David. I may be pregnant, but I'm not helpless," Alice said.

"I know, but I don't want to risk putting any undue pressure on you. After all, you are carrying a special package," David said, as they rounded a street corner.

"Yeah. What are you hoping our child will be?" Alice asked.

"Well, let's see. As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't really matter to me. I would like to have a son so I can have a little bit of father-son quality time. But having an adorable daughter would be just as nice," David said. However, unbeknownst to the parents to be, an animal was stalking them from behind the bushes. When they neared the bush, the beast leapt out. While it was just a Doberman dog, the couple jumped and dropped their groceries in shock. The dim lighting made it easy for them to mistake it for one of the werewolves they heard that lurked in nearby forest. Without warning, the dog pounced. The two of them dodged, but Alice was too far in the dogs line of attack, and one of the dog's sharp nails pierced her flesh, as the dog ran off with the ham they had bought.

"Alice! Are you ok?!" David exclaimed, coming to the aid of his wife.

"I'm fine, but one that thing's claws cut me," Alice said, showing him the injury. It wasn't a big cut, but it was large enough to draw a little blood.

"HEY! That woman's been attacked by one of the werewolves!" a sleazy looking man proclaimed, pointing at the couple. This drew in quite a crowd of people, who instantly began hurling objects at the two of them. Just then, an important looking man came walking in.

"David and Alice Gustou, is what I hear true? You were bitten by a werewolf?" the man asked.

"It was more of a cut," Alice admitted.

"And besides Mayor, the beast that attacked us looked rather scrawny to be a werewolf," David added, holding Alice.

"I see. But we can't take any chances. By the power vested in me, Alice Gustou, you are hereby banished from our village, effective immediately," the mayor declared. The Gustou's couldn't believe what they had just heard, as the crowd began throwing more insults and threats their way.

"GET OUT OF HERE!"

"MONSTER! WE DON'T WANT YOU KIND HERE!"

"GET OUT OF OUR VILLAGE, OR ELSE!"

With the whole town seeming to be against her, Alice decided it was better just to follow through on her sentence, and leave, "Don't worry Alice. I'm not about to abandon you or the baby. If you're banished, then I may as well be too," David declared.

"You realize that if you go with her, you can never set foot in our village again, right?" the Mayor asked.

"I'd rather have that than leave my woman and my child to fend for themselves," David proclaimed. The Mayor seemed unfazed.

"Very well, then you are both banished, and are forbidden to return for any reason," the Mayor declared, as the crowd then dispersed, shunning them out.

"That was very brave of you," Alice said, as they began to leave town.

"Like I said, I couldn't leave you or our child to fend for yourselves," David said.


Real Time,

"And that's how we came to be banished from the village," Alice explained. Needless to say, the Nymphs were speechless about how quickly humans can turn on one another.

"Ok, but what about the Queen Werewolf? Where does she play into any of this?" Dana asked.

"Ah yes, well, you see, it happened like this," David said.


Four Years Ago, after David and Alice were banished,

Waking along a forest trail, the Gustou couple were trying to find the fabled Were-Beast pack, "Are you sure we're going the right way David? We don't even know if it even exists," Alice asked, as they stopped so she could rest.

"Well, from what I've heard from around town, there have been sightings of werewolves, werecats, and even wererabbits in these woods," David replied. They heard a twig snap from the foliage. This made David jump up in an effort to defend his wife. Several minutes passed, but nothing could be seen. David and Alice breathed a sigh of relief, when four female werewolves leapt out of the bushes.

"Who are you?! Why have you come to our forest?!" the leader werewolf growled threateningly.

"Please, we mean no harm. We just got run out of our village, and my wife if carrying a child," David pleaded, steeping between them and Alice. This caught the werewolves' attention.

"Huh?! You're having a baby!?" a werewolf exclaimed, effortlessly tossing David over her shoulder, before looking at Alice with giant, sparkly anime eyes. This made Alice a little uncomfortable, but her mind was at ease, as she and David now knew they weren't going to harm them.

"I apologize for my cohort. She's still young and excitable," the lead werewolf said.

"No worries," David replied, as he stood back up, disoriented.

"Come. If you need a place to stay, we can take you back to our city. Our queen is very hospitable to those who have lost their homes, and could make arrangements for you," the lead werewolf offered.

"Wow, that's really nice of you. Thank you," David said, as he helped Alice up on her feet. Once she held onto David's arms, the werewolves led them through the forest, taking them into a large cave, "Big cave," David commented.

"Well, it helps that minotaur's helped us to make the city," the leader replied, as she pushed in a few tiles in the wall. The cave walls then began opening up to reveal what looked to be a vast metropolis.

"Oh my, I never thought something this big was in the forest," Alice commented.

"Our Queen uses her magic to conceal the city in a dimension apart from the human villages, as well as provide everything we could ever need. Plenty of food, shelter, sunlight, the Full Moon to howl at. Even modern convivences such as television and what humans call the 'internet' are all right here in this city!" the energetic werewolf explained.

"Could you take these two to see the queen? We need to get back to our patrol," the lead asked the energetic werewolf.

"Okie dokie!" she replied, leading them into the city, with the other three heading back out into the forest. Along the way, Alice and David saw all manner of beastman species, ranging from werewolves and wererabbits to ridiculously busty minotaur women, who looked more human than bovine.

"It looks like your queen is very benevolent," Alice commented.

"Of course! She feels bad whenever humans are tossed out of their villages, so she takes it upon herself to let them live with her. Apparently, long before there was this huge city you see before you, our pack just lives in little huts, scattered across the forest," the werewolf replied. The two humans saw that there were quite a few humans living there as well, "Though, most humans are not actually one of us, the queen still lets them live here," she added, just as some children came rushing by, one of them, a werecat, bumped into David's leg.

"Careful there," he said. The kid got back up, and raced off to his friends.

"It's actually quite sad. The majority of the children living here were cast out by the humans," the werewolf stated, as they reached what looked to be the Queen's Palace, "She's right through the hall," she said, as she lead them down the corridors. She led them into what looked to be a massive throne room. They saw that everything was decorated with large marble pillars, five or six overly fancy fountains, and beautiful, silky drapes, behind some was a colossal feminine figure, "My queen, I have brought two humans who were exiled from a nearby village. They wish to request living arrangements, as the woman is pregnant," the werewolf stated. Out from the drapes, emerged a ferociously curvy werewolf woman, who was no less than ten feet tall. She had beautiful, silver hair, and glowing golden eyes.

"Approach," the queen demanded. The Gustou's did as they were told, "Explain yourselves," she demanded.

"Well, uh, you see, it's like this, your majesty. We were walking home from the store, picking up supplies for when our baby is born, but we were jumped by some kind of dog like creature, but it was far to small to be a werewolf. Anyhow, the dog scratched Alice, and she was immediately called out for being bitten by what the townsfolk thought was a werewolf, and the mayor chose to banish her without a fair trial," David explained. The Queen nodded, as she took in the information. She was not informed that any werewolves left the city, other than the sentries, so she figured it was a dog.

"And not wanting to let moi fend for myself, or our child, David joined us in mon exile too," Alice added.

"I see. Very well. I shall see to it that you have the best living arrangements my city has to offer," the queen stated.

"We are extremely grateful, you ladyship," Alice said.

"However, there is however, one stipulation," the queen added.

"I had a feeling there would be a catch," David whispered to Alice.

"See, the majority of the population of my city is beastmen species', and one of the key rules for ALL families here is that at least one member of each family MUST be some kind of beastman," the queen explained.

"Um, ok? Well, we are wanting to take you up on your offer for a new place to live, but what does that rule have to do with us?" David asked.

"In other words, what she is stating serves a few purposes, one of the major ones is that you never leave to disclose the location of our fair city. The point she's stating is that one of you must become a werebeast, like her or me," the sentry werewolf explained. This certainly caught the parents to be by surprise, but they took a moment to think about it. They knew what she was saying was right. If word got out of the location of the Werebeast City, it would result in a large scale invasion.

"Well, I guess we can do it," David replied.

"Splendid. But before any biting commences, may I take a look at your baby?" the queen asked Alice.

"Um, ok?" Alice replied warily. The Queen was then handed a scepter by a wererabbit maid, which she then waved over Alice. The Queen then inspected the jewel in the scepter. After a brief look, she then turned back to the couple.

"Ok, I just took a look the growing baby in your belly, and I noticed a few things," the queen began to explain. This drew some concern from the two human parents to be.

"There's nothing wrong with the baby, is there?" David asked, sounding genuinely concerned.

"Nothing's wrong with the child. In fact, she will be born with no complications," the queen began to explain.

"We're having a girl!?" Alice exclaimed, sounding overjoyed.

"Yes. She will be a most beautiful girl, but there may be a few.... problems. For starters, there may be a..... seventy percent chance you may.... not survive," the queen explained, trying to lay it on them gently. They took a moment to take this information in.

"I... I may not be able to be a part of mon enfants life?" Alice said, sounding disheartened.

"Well, if you were to become a werebeast, I may be able to guarantee your survival by.... oh, ninety-five percent, give or take," the Queen replied. This seemed to brighten their moods immensely.

"I feel there's a big 'but' in all of this," David commented.

"Well, apart from my own massive tushy, the only catch would be that your daughter will be born a werewolf as well," the Queen replied.

"Well, if it's for mon child to have a mother in her life, then please, do what must be done," Alice pleaded. The Queen got down on all fours, as Alice exposed a little bit of her arm, which the Queen then bit down on. Alice cried out in pain, causing David to rush to her side. Alice fell woozily into her husbands arms.

"Ok, now you must take her outside so she can transform," the Queen said. The Sentry Werewolf helped David with carrying Alice out onto the balcony. David saw that the Full Moon was shining brightly down on them.

"Ok Alice, the moon's right above us," David said, as Alice stood up by herself. She then looked up to the moon, taking in the sight, "Uh, the change won't hurt the baby, right?" David asked the Queen.

"Not in the slightest," she replied. Alice then screamed in agony, as the transformation took hold of her. Her clothes burst apart, as her arms, legs, and ears morphed into that of a wolf's appendages, and a long, fluffy tail sprouted from her backside. David also noted tat the change was making her figure more curvaceous, especially in her rear, which bubbled our to twice it's original size. When the change was done, Alice then howled at the moon, inciting several howls from the city, as well as the Sentry Werewolf and the Queen.

"Alice, are you ok?" David asked, coming to her side. Thankfully, unlike the stories he had heard, Alice appeared to retain her sanity.

"Oui, I am.... ok," Alice replied, before noticing she was naked, "AAAAH! I take that back!" Alice exclaimed, covering herself.

"Please, fetch her something to cover herself," the Queen said to the wererabbit maid. With a nod, she ducked into a closet, and pulled out some raggedy clothes, a top and a skirt.

"Here you go. This should suffice until you get some more clothes," she said, as Alice covered herself.

"If she keeps changing, then will she survive and be apart of our daughter's life?" David asked.

"Well, here's the thing, she won't be able to return to human form until AFTER the baby is born, so, yeah," the Queen replied.

"This may prove beneficial to us. If our daughter is to be a werewolf too, I could teach her all the ins and outs of being one," Alice said to her husband.

"If it'll make you feel better, I could always act as a sort of.... grandmother figure for your daughter," the Queen offered.

"We are eternally grateful your majesty," David said.

"You're both most welcome. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to come and ask me. My doors are always open," the Queen said, as a minotaur stewardess came in to show them to their new home.


Real Time,

"And that's pretty much how things were back in the pack," David explained. He and Alice chose to leave out the part of the Queen's offer to act as a grandmother.

"I always heard the Queen was a benevolent ruler," Mavis replied.

"She is. Even after the invasion of the human hunters, she still put the citizens of her city before her, and oversaw the evacuations. Of course, as you know, there were some..... losses," Alice explained. Mavis knew all to well of the losses.

"But don't worry about it Mavis. We've foreseen your future, and you're going to be a tremendous help to not only your friends in Equestria, but also the pack. And a little further into the future, well, you'll see us again," David said, as the call dissipated.

"Looks like the time's up on the call," Fortuna commented.

"Well, do you feel any better after talking to your folks?" Dana asked.

"Oui. Now I know more about mon pack, and how Maman and Papa joined them," Mavis replied, reverting back into human form.

"Thanks for everything Fortuna," Marina said.

"No problem. If Mavis needs anything else from me, she can always give me a call," Fortuna said, as she place a cosmic crystal into Mavis' pendant.

"Merci," Mavis said.

"C'mon Mavis, it's getting late, and we promised your parents we'd have you back by sundown," Cosmo said, as the five of them left the Eastern Grotto via crystals.

"That girl that was with our sisters seemed nice," the sculptor Nymph commented.

"Indeed she was Gretchen, indeed she was," Fortuna replied, peering back into her Crystal Ball. A troubled look worked it's way onto her face as she did, 'What could this be?' Fortuna pondered, as she saw a cloud of darkness in her Crystal Ball.