• Published 23rd Jun 2019
  • 1,080 Views, 178 Comments

What if Mavis was a: - darkmage1997



A few short stories about Mavis being something other than a Mermaid/Gorgon.

  • ...
 178
 1,080

Demon (Part 1)

It was a cool, spring evening in the Crystal Empire, and a certain couple was returning from a night out on the town, "Did you enjoy yourself, my love?" Shining Armor asked.

"Yes, indeed. It was most lovely," Cadence replied. Shining Armor was about to say something, when they something, or rather, someone, limping against the wall of one of the buildings. It looked to be a very young girl, no older than four years old, who looked rather undernourished. She was wearing a well made Gothic Lolita dress, and had very long, black. The one thing that stuck out most to them was a pair of horns on the top of the child's head, and a long, spaded tail coming from her backside.

"Must get away.... can't let them.... catch me," the girl said. The couple was most surprised to hear her accent was similar to that of Cadence's home country of Prance.

"Uh, excuse me?" Cadence said to the child. When the child looked up to see the couple, she squeaked, and ducked into an alleyway. The two ponies went after her, as they were worried for her. They saw a box trembling, most likely the child in question, shaking in fear.

'Please don't find me.... please don't find me.....' the girl chanted in her mind.

"Uh.... excuse me?" Cadence asked, peering into the box. She got a good look at the child's eyes, which were a brilliant blue, but the whites of her eyes were pitch black. The a small shriek, the girl bolted out of the box, and ran away, only to trip over a small rock, "Oh my goodness,, are you alright?" Cadence quickly rushed over to the child's side, as the girl continued to tremble.

"S'il te plait, ne me fais pas de mal. Je ne veux pas d'ennuis" the child said in French.

"Ne vous inquiétez pas. Nous ne vous ferons pas de mal," Cadence replied. The girl was surprised to hear the Princess talk in her native tongue.

"Y-you speak F-French too?" the child asked.

"Indeed I do. Allow me to introduce my self. My name is Mi Amore Cadenza, but my friends and family call me Cadence. And this is my husband, Shining Armor," Cadence said, introducing herself and her husband.

"M-Mon nom est Mavis Gustou" the child said, introducing herself.

"It's very nice to meet you Mavis, but could you tell me why you're out so late?" Cadence asked.

"I-I lost mon home, and mon parents," Mavis replied sadly, a few stray tears falling from her eyes.

"Oh, you poor dear. If you want, we have plenty of rooms at our place. You could stay there until we find a permanent solution," Cadence offered. Mavis almost immediately shook her head.

"N-Non! I don't want to impose on vous!" Mavis replied.

"It's fine Mavis. We'd love to have a guest like you stay over," Cadence insisted. Mavis could tell she wasn't being given a choice, so she gave in.

"Ok," she said, as she followed the two ponies. They soon arrived at the Crystal Palace, where some guards were standing watch.

"Ah, Princess Cadence, and Captain Shining Armor. I trust your night out went well?" one of the guards asked. This caused a heavy lump to well up in Mavis' throat.

'P-P-Princess?! I haven't done anything bad, have I?!' Mavis thought fearfully.

"We did. But, if we can ask you to go and prepare a bedroom? We have a guest sleeping over tonight," Cadence requested. The guards then took note of the girl in question, who looked on edge.

"At once, Princess," the guard said, as he left to go get a room ready, as Cadence and Shining Armor ushered Mavis into the palace.

"Uh, m-maybe I should just leave after all," Mavis quietly said, as she tried to break free, but her scrawny body was powerless against the stronger forms of the two royals. Plus, she knew she wasn't a very fast runner.

"I'll go on and check on Guard and Skyla," Shining Armor said.

"Very well, and I'll fix Mavis a little something to eat, before I put her to bed," Cadence said, leading Mavis towards the kitchen. Once they arrived, they both saw a familiar kid, fixing himself a sandwich. Mavis instinctively ducked behind a counter.

'Oh non, a human!' she thought fearfully.

"Oh, Nathan, making yourself something to eat?" Cadence asked.

"Yep. Ah want a little somethin' on mah stomach before Ah hit the hay," Nathan replied.

"Well, just nothing too heavy or spicy. You remember what happened last time, right?" Cadence asked. Nathan merely shuddered at what his mother was referring to. Images of him dressed as a Valkyrie, chasing his family around the castle with a mop entered his mind.

"Ugh, like ya had ta remind me," Nathan groaned. He then noticed something from behind the counter, "Do we have company?" he asked. Mavis felt her heart drop into her stomach, as Cadence pulled Mavis from behind her hiding spot.

"Ah yes. Nathan, this is Mavis. She'll be staying with us for the time being. Mavis, this is Nathan, my and Shining Armor's eldest son," Cadence said, introducing the two.

"Hey there, Mavis. Welcome to the Crystal Empire," Nathan said. Mavis only shrunk away when Nathan directly talked to her, "Hmm, a shy one, huh? Well, Ah ain't gonna make her feel uncomfortable, so I'll head back to mah room now," Nathan said, taking his sandwich. He took one last look at Mavis, 'Ah wonder why her eyes are black and has horns?' Nathan wondered, as he left.

"Alright Mavis, is there anything you want as far as food?" Cadence asked.

"Uh, maybe just some t-toast?" Mavis asked timidly. Cadence nodded, and placed two slices of bread in the toaster.

"And would you like anything to drink?" Cadence asked.

"M-Maybe some milk?" Mavis asked. Cadence then got out the milk, and poured it into a glass, just as the toast popped out. She placed both slices on a plate, and gave Mavis her requested, albeit meager, meal. Mavis started eating her toast. Once she was done with both slices, she then drank the glass of milk, "Merci," Mavis said. Cadence then took the plate and glass, and put them in the dishwasher.

"Now that you've.... more or less.... eaten, lets take you on up to your room," Cadence said, leading Mavis out of the kitchen, and upstairs. As they walked, they passed by Nathan's room, which the door was open. Looking inside, Mavis saw some of Nathan's religious stuff, and shuddered.

'Great, not only is there a human here, but this one is also religious!' Mavis thought to herself, as they arrived at a bedroom that quite a ways down from Nathan's room.

"Alright Mavis, would you like to take a bath first? It might help you warm up a bit," Cadence suggested.

"Well, o-ok," Mavis agreed. Mavis loved the mere thought of a bath, and she felt like she could go for one right now.

"Alright, I'll draw up some water," Cadence said, as she turned the faucets to the bathtub, allowing the water to fill the tub.

"P-Princess, would it be okay if I b-bathed alone?" Mavis asked. Cadence was taken aback by the odd request, but could tell Mavis was still on edge.

"Of course. I'll be outside if you need me," Cadence said, as she shut off the faucets, and left the bathroom. Mavis then began to undress. As she did, a small pair of bat like wings emerged from her back. She then crawled into the tub.

"Mmm, this feels nice," Mavis said, as she began to wash herself. She lathered up her hair, before she uses the showerhead to rinse. She was able to get it thanks to a small usage of magic. Once she was done bathing, she opened the plug, and let the water flow out, as she crawled out of the bathtub. She dried herself off, and redressed herself. She then exited the bathroom.

"Enjoy your bath?" Cadence asked.

"Oui," Mavis replied, as Cadence ushered Mavis over to the bed.

"We're planning to have a trip to my sister in law's home tomorrow. We'd love it if you'd join us," Cadence offered.

"W-Well, if you insist," Mavis replied, as she crawled into bed.

"You'll love it down there, I promise," Cadence said, tucking Mavis into bed. Planting a small kiss on the girl's head, Cadence left her to sleep, "Pleasant dreams," she said, closing the door behind her. Once Cadence was gone, Mavis then took off her dress, leaving her in only her undies.

"I do love mon dress, but it's not exactly good for sleeping in," Mavis said, as she tossed it to a nearby chair, before falling asleep.


As Cadence walked back to her bedroom, she was approached by Nathan, "Heading on back to your room for the night, I take it?" Cadence asked.

"Yep. Just got done takin' the plate back ta the kitchen. So, how's Mavis?" Nathan asked.

"Well, she took a bath, and is now sleeping," Cadence replied.

"Well, that's good. On that note, what's the deal with her horns and eyes? Is she wearin' costume pieces or somethin'?" Nathan asked.

"I don't know, but what I do know is that she has a spaded tail, and it looked real enough to me and your father," Cadence replied.

"Well, Ah suppose it's somethin' else entirely. But it ain't our place to judge," Nathan said, as he left for his room. Cadence then entered hers and Shining Armor's room.

"I take it you heard what I told Nathan?" Cadence asked, as she slipped behind a changing screen.

"I did. It is strange that a girl her age would be wearing costume pieces like that, especially contacts that turn the whites of your eyes pitch black," Shining Armor replied, as Cadence joined him in bed.

"Well, all we can do is let Mavis tell us at her own pace. It wouldn't be a good idea to force it out of her," Cadence replied.

"True,' Shining Armor replied.

"And I did invite her on our trip to Ponyville tomorrow," Cadence added.

"Ah, good. It would probably do her a lot of good to meet other kids around her age," Shining Armor said, as they shut off their lamps, and went to sleep.