• Published 23rd Jun 2019
  • 1,080 Views, 178 Comments

What if Mavis was a: - darkmage1997



A few short stories about Mavis being something other than a Mermaid/Gorgon.

  • ...
 178
 1,080

Werewolf (Part 3)

The train ride to Ponyville was fairly long, to the point where Mavis dozed off, and fell asleep on the seat she and Nathan were sharing. Nathan allowed Mavis to use his lap as a makeshift pillow, "So, Ah'm guessin' the others didn't come because o' the urgency in that letter?" Nathan asked.

"Of course. We didn't want to put them in any potential danger, but now that we know Mavis isn't a threat to anyone, other than herself, we can introduce her to your friends," Twilight said.

"Yeah, maybe seein' them will make her feel more safe and secure," Nathan replied.

"By the way, did you happen to see Mavis when she was transforming?" Fluttershy asked.

"Ah'm afraid not. And even if Ah did, she wouldn't be usin' me as a pillow right now. Apparently, for some werewolves in her pack, being seen by any non-werewolf is the same as being seen naked in public," Nathan explained.

"I see. So, what happens when she changes?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Well, she said she needs a moment or so to adjust to her new body. Any direct interaction immediately after the transformation makes her more of a wolf than a person," Nathan replied. Just then, the conductor came in.

"Next stop! Ponyville! All who are departing be ready!" he bellowed. It was loud enough to wake Mavis, who stirred in her sleep.

"Are we there yet?" she asked groggily.

"Almost. You're going to love Ponyville. We'll see about getting you some more outfits, maybe a snack, and we can take you to look at some fantastic creatures on a ranch nearby," Twilight said. She figured she would try to keep the itinerary as small as possible, as Mavis is only just adjusting to Equestria. It was then that the train pulled into the station, "Alright Mavis, our first stop will be getting you some new clothes," Twilight said, as they all stepped off of the train, Nathan taking care to help Mavis off.

"There ya go," Nathan said, as they all left the station, and made their way to Carousel Boutique.


After getting the measurements Rarity needed to make Mavis some new outfits, the others decided to leave her to her work. With this in mind, they decided to stop by Sugarcube Corner, and order something sweet for Mavis, "Ok Mavis, is there anything you particularly like?" Twilight asked.

"Well, I do like, how you say, butter cookies," Mavis replied timidly.

"Well, alright then. We'll have a batch ready in about half an hour," Mrs. Cake replied, as she went into the back with Pinkie Pie.

"Ok, in the mean time, I would like to talk to Raiden about.... you being a werewolf, if that's alright with you?" Twilight asked awkwardly.

"Oui," Mavis replied, as Twilight led her and the others out of Sugarcube Corner, "So, where is this Raiden's house?" Mavis asked.

"He lives up at the local guild hall. He has a lab there too where he does all these crazy experiments," Applejack replied.

"He'll be answerin' any questions we have about werewolves," Nathan added, as the walked towards the guild hall.


Seven minutes of walking later,

They had arrived at the Guild Hall, and Mavis in awe at the gothic architecture, mainly the gargoyles that were decorating the walls and perches, "Come along now Mavis, Raiden should be inside," Twilight said, leading them inside.

"Is it really ok for us to just barge in here?" Mavis asked.

"It's quite alright. While anyone is allowed to come in and out as they please, we have special permission from the guild master to enter areas that are restricted to the public, like Raiden's lab," Twilight said, as they entered the main area of the guild. Mavis saw all manner of teenagers or kids, all going about their business, either just lounging around, getting into scuffles, or heading out on jobs. It was then that they approached the soda bar, where Silver was using his telekinesis to make drinks or snacks of the guild members.

"Oh, hey Twilight, how goes it?" Silver asked.

"Pretty good Silver. Is Raiden still in by any chance?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, he says he's just about done with his experiment. Not sure if that means he's close to completing it or just giving up on it. Either way, you know where his lab is," Silver said, pointing down a hall.

"Thanks so much," Twilight said, as they all proceeded down the hall. After a few minutes, they arrived at the lab, where they saw the thunder mutant typing on his supercomputer.

"And with that, the experiment was a success," Raiden said, saving the file. Turning around in his chair, he saw Twilight and friends standing in the door way, "Ah, Twilight. How was your trip to the Crystal Empire?" Raiden asked.

"It was just fine. Speaking of which, we brought someone from there that we want you to answer a few questions about," Twilight said.

"I see. And just who might I ask is the individual in question?" Raiden asked. Twilight and Nathan ushered Mavis forward, "And what is about this girl that you want to know about?" he asked.

"You see, Mavis here, she's a werewolf. We want to know all we can about werewolves," Twilight explained. Raiden nodded.

"Well, while I don't believe in such creatures like werewolves or the like, I will answer any questions you have about them," Raiden replied, pulling up documents on werewolves. Mavis, upon seeing pictures of the full moon, quickly covered her eyes, as to avoid transforming, "Ok, here's what you want to know; werewolves are beastly monsters that transform from human to wolf during a full moon. They are highly aggressive, carnivorous predatory creatures that will attack anything that moves. The first werewolf appeared in Greek Mythology, when King Lycaon, who fed human flesh to the god, Zeus, wanting to know if Zeus was really a god, and was punished by being transformed into a wolf. The term 'werewolf' can be broken up to mean 'wolf person', as the Greek Root 'were' means 'man'," Raiden explained.

"I see," Twilight nodded.

"There's more. There are many speculations on how a person can be turned into a werewolf themselves, including ways of turning others into the creature," Raiden added.

"Wait, so werewolves can be created?" Fluttershy asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, that bit Ah know. Anyone who get's bit by a werewolf and lives will become one themselves," Nathan replied.

"The only way to effectively deal with a werewolf is with silver weapons, as silver is supposed to be the only alloy that can pierce a lycanthrope's hide," Raiden added.

"Wait, 'lycanthrope'?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Yes. That is the technical terminology for werewolves. But as I said, lycanthropy is just a bunch of unscientific superstition among the human world," Raiden replied.

"But we're tellin' the truth! Mavis IS a werewolf!" Nathan stated.

"I'll believe it when I see it. If she can change in front of me, then I'll be convinced," Raiden stated. Mavis blushed.

"Ok, just humor us. If Mavis is truly a werewolf, would there be a cure?" Twilight asked.

"I'm afraid not. After the first transformation under a full moon, the lycanthropy becomes caked in. In other words, it's permanent," Raiden replied.

"And if one is born a werewolf?" Fluttershy asked.

"Pretty much the same thing. There is some speculation in lycanthrope lore that a cure can be made from a plant called 'wolves-bane', but this is ill-advised as the plant is extremely poisonous," Raiden said.

"Hmm, well, that's too bad," Twilight commented solemnly. Raiden, deciding to humor them, decided to approach Mavis.

"Your name's 'Mavis', right?" Raiden asked. Mavis timidly nodded, "If I were to ask you to change into your alleged werewolf form, would you do it?" he asked. Mavis blushed out of embarrassment.

"What are you getting at?" Twilight asked.

"See, while I don't believe in werewolves, I can't say I believe that this girl's lycanthropy is fact, and not just some kind of mental instability. So, if she can change, I may be able to make something for her to ease up the pain of the transformation," Raiden explained.

"What are ya talkin' 'bout?" Applejack asked.

"See, a werewolf transformation is an extremely painful process. A person who's changing is forced to experience their nails sharpening into claws, their teeth turning into fangs, coarse fur growing all over their body, their bones reshaping themselves into wolf like appendages, that sort of thing. I can probably make a pain killer that deadens the pain. I can also give her some sedatives I made for Heaven, whenever she eats too much sugar," Raiden explained.

"Could Ah just have a quick word with her first?" Nathan asked.

"Of course," Raiden replied. Nathan took Mavis out into the hall.

"Alright Mavis, Ah know ya told us that being seen while transforming is really embarrassin' for ya, but if we want Raiden to take this case seriously, we need ya to grin and bare it, ok?" Nathan asked, giving Mavis a little pep talk. Mavis fidgeted. She didn't like the thought of someone seeing her change, but she did like the thought of being able to change pain free, and sleeping through a full moon. With a reluctant sigh, she looked the Texas boy in the eyes.

"Ok, I will do it," Mavis replied.

"Ok then. We'll make it up to ya, that Ah promise," Nathan said, as they went back into the lab, "Alright, she'll do it," Nathan declared, as Mavis took off her shoes and socks.

"No need to disrobe here, Mavis. We can wait until tonight," Raiden said.

"Actually, she said she can change from seeing ANY image of the full moon," Nathan replied.

"Well, that's convenient. Just step into the testing chamber over there," Raiden said, opening a chamber door. Needless to say, he was starting to second guess himself about Mavis' lycanthropy.

"Don't worry Mavis. As Ah said, we'll make it all up to ya," Nathan said, as Mavis stepped into the chamber. Raiden then closed the door, and locked it. He then stepped over to a desk with a microphone.

"Ok Mavis, just pay attention to that screen on the wall," Raiden said. Mavis did so, as Raiden punched in a few keys on a keyboard. It was then that an image of the full moon appeared. Mavis froze up when she saw it, but was unable to shut her eyes or look away. She then screamed in agony, as she gripped her head, and fell to the floor, writhing pain. The others watched in a mix of horror and amazement as the transformation took hold of the little girl. Her arms and legs were the most noticeable ones that changed, as well as Mavis' tail that grew out from under her dress. Once she was done transforming, she let out a howl, and started prowling around on all fours, "Ok, now I'm convinced," Raiden commented.

"What should we do now?" Twilight asked.

"She said she needs a moment or so to adjust to her new body," Nathan replied. Mavis then took notice of them from behind some seven inch glass. She stared at them with a timid look, which soon melted into an angry one, as she lunged at them, only to hit her head on the glass. She whined, as she rubbed her head, "Mavis, are ya alright?" he asked over the intercom. Mavis shook herself out of her daze, and looked back to them.

"Oui," Mavis replied. With that, Raiden unlocked the chamber door, and opened it. Mavis then walked out of the chamber.

"So, how on earth did this all happen to you?" Twilight asked, petting Mavis' head. This made Mavis wag her tail like a dog.

"I honestly do not know. I was born a werewolf," Mavis replied.

"Well, I can at least give these to you," Raiden said, giving Mavis two pill bottles, one blue, one red, "The red bottle is the painkillers. They will make your body numb, but you shouldn't feel anything during the transformation. And the blue bottle has very powerful sedatives. You can use these to help you sleep whenever you don't want to transform," he explained. Nathan took the bottles, and placed them in Mavis' satchel, along with her shoes and socks.

"Thanks so much for all the information Raiden. I'll be sure to relay this all to Cadence," Twilight said, as they all turned to leave.

"Uh, princesse Twilight, what are we to do about mon arms and legs?" Mavis asked.

"You needn't worry, sweetie. We've had all manner of creatures come to Ponyville. I'm sure the ponies won't mind you being a werewolf," Twilight reassured. Mavis took her word for it, but still had some uncertainties.