• Published 9th Jun 2019
  • 1,419 Views, 10 Comments

A Human, a Tyrant, and a God of Chaos - Ender Inkbourne



Im sure you’ve heard this joke before but what happens when a human dies and ends up in Equestria? Quite abit actually.

  • ...
3
 10
 1,419

Chapter 7

“I never thought i would wear a tuxedo till my wedding day.”

“Well, there is a first time for everything, Alexander.”

I was looking at myself in a large floor mirror, making sure i was at least presentable for the Gala.

Though, compared to most of the ponies that were going to be in attendance, i was basically Cinderella, except without the fairy godmother, the talking mice or the pumpkin carriage.

“I know, its just surprising is all.”

I could see Luna smiling behind me, herself already having gotten her dress, which was the same color as herself, with lighter blue accents, as well as sparkles, which likely imitated the night sky she had dominion over.

Her hair was also styled, having curls and it seemed to be brighter than it usually was, but was as always flowing as if being blown by an invisible wind.

“So, what exactly is this Gala like?”

“It was started to celebrate the completion of Canterlot centuries ago, and it is much like the Summer Sun festival.”

“Hmm.”

Luna frowned abit before trotting up to beside me.

“Is something troubling you?”

I sighed, but took a breath before answering.

“Yeah, actually.”

“Is it about what happened with Sombra?”

I looked down at the floor abit, but gave a small sort of nod in response.

“I deserved it..”

“Alexander-“

“No i did. I annoyed the hell out of him trying to be his friend! I should’ve just given up before i even started.”

“Alexander. While it is true that you brought it on yourself, sombra should not have reacted in that way, he caused harm to somepony else, and that is something that we shall not stand for.”

“But i deserved-“

You did not deserved to be harmed in such a way!

I actually flinched back from that, i had never heard Luna yell before, and it honestly terrified me.

It brought back..bad memories.

“We are sorry, we did not mean to raise our voice.”

“I-its ok, Luna.”

“We did have a talk with him, and for his punishment, we decided that he shall not attend the gala, and that his magic be..bound, so he cannot use it.”

I gave a small nod in response.

“Now, let us get going Alexander.”

I did a last minute touch up on my hair, before we both headed out and to the grand staircase in the entrance hall.

As we arrived, guests were already coming in, dressed in tuxedo’s and dresses of all shapes and colors.

“Hey luna?”

“Is there something bothering you again?

“Not exactly, but i do have a question.”

“And what is your question?”

“Have you..noticed anyone or anything odd lately?”

“I can’t say that i have, why do you ask?”

I thought back to that night in the medical wing and that person in the black coat.

You are not yet ready..

Those words still hung in my mind, and i’ve been trying to figure what they mean, yet i had come up with nothing.

“No reason, just wondering is all.”

“There is no need to lie, Alexander, but we will discuss it later, for right now, let us enjoy the evening.”

I nodded. I should’ve known she wouldn’t let it slip past her, hell she was like a pony lie detector.

“Princesses! Alex!”

I turned and smiled, seeing twilight and her friends enter, wearing gowns that matched with their colors as well as the elements of harmony.

I ran down the steps, kneeling down and hugging her, joined a moment later by the others.

“Where’s spike? I figured he’d come with you.”

“He’d rather stay home, but anyway, i’m surprised your attending it.”

“Eh, i figured it’d be a good way to meet the ponies who live in canterlot.”

“I’m sure Celestia will let you go into canterlot soon, Alex.”

“I hope, or i’ll pull a rapunzel down one of the towers.”

After another hug they went on their way into the ballroom, disappearing into the sea of guests inside already.

I decided to head outside, to try to get away from the loud noises, finding the gardens had gathered some guests as well, but not as many, thank celestia.

It was as beautiful as it always was, which was one of the reasons why i loved coming out here, well, that and hanging out with Nightshade.

“Alex!”

I smiled seeing Shining trotting towards me, so i kneeled and pulled him into a hug.

“Surprised to see you up so late, shining.”

“Eh, i’m mostly here to help the night guard, but what im surprised about is seeing you here.”

I chuckled, smiling and shook my head.

“You aren’t the only one.”

“I was actually heading into the ballroom myself, i just had to make sure the night guard were at their proper posts.”

“All work and no play, huh?”

He chuckled at that, his mane moving as he did so.

“What can i say? I’m a busy stallion.”

“Fair, though if i were in your position i don’t think i could handle it.”

“One day you may be able to, never sell yourself short, Alex.”

“Maybe, but lets cross that bridge when we get to it.”

“Anyway i hope to see you inside.”

Shining then began to trot away, heading towards the ballroom.

I was about to head back in myself, until i felt a strange chill overtake me, and turned around quickly.

Yet, nothing was behind me, except for that odd statue i always saw when i came out here, but that was a good ten feet away.

I let out a small sigh, before heading inside.

The ballroom was beautifully decorated, curtains hung along the top of the room, chandelier’s with multicolored crystal’s hanging from and shining from the light they gave off, and the sounds of ponies talking and mingling amongst themselves.

“And who might you be, dear boy?”

I turned towards the voice, and kneeled down to face them.

“My name’s Alexander, but who are you?”

“You may call me Fancy Pants, mister Alexander.”

I internally chuckled at being called mister.

“Its nice to meet you, sir.”

“I hope i don’t offend you by asking this, but are you related to any minotaur’s by chance?”

“I’m not really sure, actually.”

Though i could understand why he’d ask, since both humans and minotaurs walk upright on two feet, well hooves in a minotaur’s case.

As a waiter went by, Fancy Pants levitated two drinks, handing one to me.

“Oh, thanks.”

“Its no issue, really.”

Fancy took a drink of his, but i didn’t take a drink of mine, as i wasn’t much of an alcohol drinker, but soda on the other hand, that was a different story.

“I haven’t seen you around Canterlot much, do you get out often?”

“Unfortunately no, Celestia is afraid i’ll get hurt.”

“And why would she be afraid of that?

I gave a shrug, being careful not to bump into anyone walking by as we both sat down at a table.

“You’ll have to ask her that yourself.”

He finished his drink, levitating another one to him as another waiter went by.

“I’m sure she has a good reason, she has everypony’s best interests in mind after all.”

He wasn’t wrong, all things considered, but i must of gotten lost in my thoughts, as it took me a moment to realize Fancy was trying to get my attention.

“Oh, sorry Fancy, i must of lost myself there.”

“It is quite alright, we all lose ourselves to our thoughts sometimes.”

“Happens to some more than others.”

“That is quite true, but it can be a welcome respite, don’t you agree?”

I nodded, letting out a small sigh.

“Are you alright, Alexander?”

The noise of the room was getting to me, making my brain start to go haywire, even despite the conversation i was having at the moment did nothing to drown it out.

“I need to get some air, i’ll be back.”

I got up, heading out of the ballroom and into the main hall, seeing no one was there besides myself, no surprise, seeing as how everyone was enjoying the gala.

“Alexander, are you sure your alright?”

I turned, seeing Fancy had followed me out, apparently i didn’t hear him trot towards me.

I couldn’t try to lie to him either, i wasn’t a very good one to begin with, so i knew that was a no go option.

“No, i’m not, Fancy.”

His expression became more worried after hearing me say that.

“Do you wish to talk about it?”

I simply gave a nod, and we both walked over to the grand staircase that lead upstairs, and sat down on the first few steps of it.

“Just take your time, dear boy.”

“Ever since i was little, i hated being in loud, crowded places, it made me go crazy and panic.”

“Oh dear, that explains why you looked so nervous, i thought it was because you were talking to me.”

I gave a smallish chuckle, a smile forming on my face.

“But then, why come to the Gala?”

“I wanted to try to make friends, and meet the ponies from outside the castle.”

“Oh, because you haven’t been allowed outside yet, correct?”

I nodded again, taking a moment before continuing.

“As you probably saw, i’m not good at making friends.”

“It’s tougher than you think it is, i mean, look at me, for example.”

I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

“I’m a part of Canterlot high society, and i have an entourage of ponies at my side, everywhere i go, waiting to hear what i have to say about something.”

“And do you consider any of them as a friend?”

Fancy shook his head, which make his monocle fall off, but i picked it up for him and he levitated it back into place.

“Thank you, Alexander, but i doubt they consider me a friend, as they most likely think of me as one of those celebrity ponies you see on those films in Applewood.”

“Applewood? What is that?”

“Oh, right i guess you wouldn’t know where that is, its the home to Equestria film industry as well as its celebrity population.”

“If its anything like Hollywood back where i came from, then i think i can understand what its like, then.”

“But why not live there instead of here?”

“I prefer the quiet life as compared to the hustle and bustle.”

“But i do wish to ask you something, if you’ll hear me out.”

“Well, what is it?”

“Well, if you ever do get to leave the castle, i would like to show you around Canterlot, if you are ok with that, that is.”

“Sure, i wouldn’t mind.”

“Excellent! But i must say it is getting quite late, so i think it is time for both of us to ‘hit the hay’ as they say.”

I nodded, not realizing how tired i really was till now.

“It was nice meeting you Fancy.”

“It was quite nice meeting you as well, Alexander.”

He got up and trotted away, but gave one last smile to me before he left the room, heading out the front doors, closing them behind him.

I yawned, and headed upstairs, going to my room, and upon getting inside i got into my sleeping attire and got into bed, falling asleep a few minutes after i did so.

I opened my eyes and saw i was standing in one of the castle hallways, still wearing what i usually did when i went to sleep, had i sleepwalked out here?

I hadn’t done since i was about 4-5 years old and had grown out of it, at least i thought i had.

But that would be something to figure out later, right now i had to get back to bed.

I walked down the hall, and tried to open my room door, but found it was locked, which was rather odd, as i never locked it.

“Great, now what?”

I was likely going to have to ask Luna to help me unlock the door, as my key to it was inside my room, in my bedside drawer.

That’s when i heard sobbing coming from down the hallways, though i didn’t know if anyone else could hear it, but it didn’t seem like it.

“I better go see if someone needs help.”

I walked down the hallway, the sound of the sobbing becoming louder but yet not clearer, as i couldn’t tell who exactly was the one doing it.

It certainly didn’t sound like either of the princesses, that i knew.

Rounding the corner, my eye’s widened as i saw one of the night guard on the floor, pieces of shattered glass covering the floor around him.

when i got closer, i noticed he was covered in bruises and his armor was dented in several places.

I let out a small sigh of relief seeing it wasn’t nightshade, and i put two fingers against the guards neck, thankfully feeling a pulse every few seconds.

“At least the guard’s ok, Luna would’ve have a cow if they weren’t.”

Speaking of, where was she? Hell, where was Celestia? Surely they would’ve heard the guard fighting someone and come out to investigate it, yet they haven’t.

Something really wasn’t right here.

I stood up, being careful to not get any glass stuck in my feet, and continued down the hallway’s, the moon outside shining brightly, casting everything in a pale whitish blue glow.

It felt strangely cold as well, not enough to make me shiver, but enough for me to know it was there.

Where was everyone? Did something happen while i was sleeping?

“Huh? Is that..sombra?”

I had never seen him cry before, i’ve seen him mad before, but this was new, and honesty, it made me sad seeing him like this.

I walked up to behind him, and kneeled down onto the carpeted floor.

“Sombra? Are you ok?”

He turned his head towards me, tears in his eyes.

“I don’t need your help. Have you forgotten what happened before?”

Like i could ever forget that, especially having been literally scarred from it.

“I just heard you crying and was wondering if you are ok.”

“As i said i don’t need your help or your sympathy.”

I frowned abit but he didn’t seem to notice and stood back up.

“I’ll go get Luna, she-“

“No!”

I stepped back abit almost tripping over myself.

“I told you i don’t need your help!”

Before i could even react, a blast of magic was fired my way.

“S-sombra-“

Another blast was fired at me, barely missing me, hell the wind from it ruffled my hair.

“How are you able to use your magic?!”

He fired another blast, and i ran away from him back down the hallway, but he ran after me, and was actually keeping up.

I kept dodging the blasts he fired, until one hit me square in the back, making me cry out in pain and tumble across the carpeted floor.

The magic sparked all over my body, making me go numb and unable to move, as i saw Sombra trot closer to me.

“S-sombra..”

He charged up his magic, making his horn go a crimson red.

“Goodbye.”

He fired the charged up magic at me, i closed my eyes and prepared for the impact..

Yet it didn’t come.

Opening my eyes, i saw sombra and the magic blast was frozen, yet i was still able to move, somewhat.

“I think that’s enough of that for one night.”

I turned my head towards the voice, seeing Luna standing beside me.

“Luna! Whats going on? Did something happen?”

She shook her head, looking down at me.

“You haven’t realized yet i see.”

“Realized wha-“

My eye’s widened as it finally hit me.

“This is a dream, isn’t it?”

“Well, more of a nightmare, but you are correct regardless.”

“But this didn’t feel like a dream..nightmare, it felt real.”

She nodded, using her magic to help me up to my feet.

“Sometimes it can be difficult to distinguish a dream or nightmare from reality, Alexander, you are certainly not the first it has happened to.”

“But let us move to a more peaceful setting, shall we?”

I nodded as the setting changed to a peaceful lake surrounded by forest, with the full moon shining high in the night sky, the stars surrounding it, yet shining in equal measure.

“Its beautiful.”

“I’m glad you like it, Alexander.”

I sat down, Luna sitting down beside me.

“Is there something you wish to talk about?”

I suppose i should’ve seen that question coming, given what’s just happened and all.

“I just feel awful about what happened, Luna. I’ve had nightmares ever since it happened and-“

He wrapped a hoof around me, pulling me close to her, to where i was leaning against her side.

“I just wish i could apologize to him.”

Though it wasn’t hard to tell how i was feeling, especially lately, and especially for somepony like Luna, given what she’s been through.

She understood more than i thought she did.

“Someday you will be able to.”

She wasn’t wrong, of course, I just wished it was more sooner than later.

But if i tried to right now, it probably wouldn’t end well, even despite the fact he couldn’t use his magic.

“Thanks for helping me, Luna.”

“It is no issue Alexander, it is my duty to help ponies while they sleep.”

“But im not a pony.”

“You are a resident of Equestria, which means i have a duty to protect you, as does my sister.”

Was that why they were so protective? Or was it something else?

“What if you or celestia are the ones needing protection?”

She looked up at the night sky, as if looking for the answer there, before she did answer.

“If we were ever in need of it, then we have faith in not only you, but twilight and her friends as well.”

“Im not as good a swordsman as shining, Luna, at least not yet. I have years to go before im at his level.”

“While that may be true, you have still learned enough to defend yourself or anypony else.”

I mean i did know the basics, even some intermediate techniques, but i’ve never been in a situation where i’d need to fight outside of training.

“But what if i can’t, what if i fail you and celestia, what if-?”

I had felt tears come to eyes, feeling a few fall down my face as so many scenarios played in my head, almost like a reel of film in an old styled film camera.

She nuzzled the top of my head, which i found abit odd but didn’t say anything about it, as i felt her wing gently wipe them away.

“You can, Alexander, as long as you remember that we will always be with you, even if we aren’t beside you.”

I smiled, sniffling.

“T-thanks Luna.”

She smiled as well, before we both started to stargaze, every once in a while Luna would point out a constellation to me, and explain what it meant in equestrian terms.

I suddenly started felt tired, which was odd as this was a dream and i was asleep.

“Whats..happening?”

“It seems that daytime is upon us, but do not worry, Alexander, we will be able to speak like this again soon.”

I felt the world around me fade into nothing, luna vanishing from sight in a haze as light began to fill my vision, till i opened my eyes, and sat up in bed.

I saw that the covers had been kicked off of me, likely due to the nightmare.

It wasn’t really a surprising sight at this point.

I fumbled around and grabbed my glasses off of the bedside table, putting them on and then getting up out of bed.

“That was a nice dream..at least the part with luna anyway.”

It reminded me of the talks me and mom would have whenever i was upset or disheartened, which back then was alot, maybe more than i’d like to admit.

I shook my head at the thought and took a shower and got dressed for the day, heading down to breakfast.

The only ones there when i arrived were Luna and Celestia, Sombra not being there didn’t surprise me in the least, as we were trying to avoid each other for..more than obvious reasons, but Blueblood not being there certainly did.

Did something happen at the Gala after i went to sleep?

“Ah, good morning Alexander, how did you sleep?”

Luna had a small smile on her face as she glanced at me.

“I did have a bad dream but..thankfully i had someone watching over me to help with it.”

I saw from the corner of my eye luna’s smile grow lightly, which made me smile.

I didn’t want to admit it, at least out loud, but i thought of both of them as moms, of course i couldn’t replace my real one, i never could or would, but-

-i suppose having a mother figure never does hurt, right?

Comments ( 2 )
V8

10184853
You'll figure that one out in a minute

Login or register to comment