• Published 2nd May 2019
  • 1,160 Views, 36 Comments

The Blood Feud - CeasarTwain31



In the midst of a feud between two rival groups, two ponies challenge that feud when they fall in love.

  • ...
2
 36
 1,160

Reinforcements and Consequences

As Soarin lay in his bed in his basement bedroom, he could still hear movement above him. It sounded like Nightstalker was calling the whole force currently in Ponyville together. He tried to just close his eyes and fall asleep, but he then heard Nightstalker's voice. It was a little muffled, but he could still hear clearly as his voice traveled through the air ducts.


"You wanted us to meet with you sir?" Fleetfoot asked, standing along with several other Shadowbolts in the mansion's dining room. Nightstalker sat at the end of the large dining table facing the rest of the force. On the table lay Thunderlane's body, covered in white sheets. Next to Nightstalker stood Rumble, who wore a look of both sorrow and anger at the same time. Blossomforth also stood next to the table, fresh tears still streaming down her face as she stroked one of Thunder's forelegs through the sheet. Nightstalker stood up and addressed his followers.

"My loyal Shadowbolts, the time we all knew was coming, is here." Nightstalker began, pointing at his dead son. "A Wonderbolt has finally attacked one of us, fatally, ending in the death of my son, and my heir, Thunderlane." Nightstalker said, his voice sounding shaky before composing himself again. "But, Soarin, one of our most trusted Shadowbolts, slayed Thunder's killer. And of course, the Wonderbolts seek to destroy us if we don't hoof him over." Nightstalker finished. There was numerous conversations among the gathered Shadowbolts, until Nightstalker raised his hoof to silence them.

"Before you say it, I would never consider handing him over. We do not play nice with the Wonderbolts, and if they come back, we will KILL THEM ALL!" Nightstalker bellowed to his congregated audience, who started cheering in response. Nightstalker cleared his throught to gather their attention again.

"Tonight, I have a mission for all of you. We must go and bring in reinforcements. We must bring the rest of the force here, and bring the hammer down on them when they strike." Nightstalker explained. He walked around the table to Fleetfoot and stood before her.

"Fleetfoot, you are one of my fastest Shadowbolts, therefore, I need you to move as fast as you can to retrieve our most valuable ally." Nightstalker explained. Fleetfoot nodded.

"Ok, Where and Who?" Fleetfoot asked. Nightstalker smirked.

"Go to Manehattan, and retrieve my brother......

"Nightshade."


As soon as that name hit Soarin's ears, his stomach dropped. Nightstalker always spoke of his older brother Nightshade as a fierce Shadowbolt, probably even fiercer than he was, and how he had no sympathy for those who stood in his way. According to Nightstalker, Nightshade secured his first Wonderbolt kill at the age of just 10.

Soarin knew now that Nightstalker was ready for an all out war against the Wonderbolts, because Nightshade wasn't a pony you sent for help defending, you sent him to attack, and Soarin knew that they would attack the Wonderbolts back, and it was going to be bloody.

He needed to get him and Dash out of here before it was too late.


Back upstairs, the Shadowbolts had all received their orders and were about to fly out to gather their reinforcements. Fleetfoot lingered a bit longer though, wishing to ask Nightstalker something.

"Uh, Sir, should I relay any orders to Soarin before I leave?" Fleetfoot asked, noticing that Soarin was not there for the debrief. Nightstalker shook his head.

"Let him rest, I will fill him in tomorrow. He needs to sleep now. He'll need plenty of energy for the fight ahead.

Rumble began to walk out of the dining room, his mind swimming in conflicted feelings. He know what he heard and saw earlier. Soarin was....dating....a Wonderbolt? The whole night Rumble was hit with all sorts of emotions. His own brother died, and the other stallion who felt like another brother to him was a traitor? Rumble couldn't handle it. He wanted to tell his father, but something held him back from it.

Maybe it was how well he knew Soarin, or maybe it was the fact that his dead brother's last wish was for Soarin to take care of him, or something that was keeping him from ratting Soarin out.

Before Rumble left, he turned back to face his father, and saw him standing over Thunderlane's body. He was crying. That was something Rumble never saw his father do. Rumble simply stayed silent and left the dining room, leaving his father to mourn.

"I'm....I'm sorry Cloudy. I'm sorry I couldn't protect him. I'm so sorry." Nightstalker weeped as he stood over his son's body.


Over at the Wonderbolt compound, Blaze and Rainbow Dash finally touched back down in the backyard area of the mansion. Fluttershy's cottage was on the opposite side of town, and the flight was longer than it was as they tried their best to avoid contact with both Shadowbolts AND other Wonderbolts. After what happened tonight, they needed to either pick sides, or face their wrath.

"I'm just not sure what we can do now." Rainbow said as she helped Blaze over to the back door. Blaze could still see, but her eye had swelled quite a bit.

"Look, tomorrow, we'll go and find Soarin and we'll think of something, for now, we'll just see how things will turn out. Maybe I can get my mom to just chill out." Blaze said confidently. Rainbow huffed.

"Yeah, I'm sure that'll work." Dash said sarcastically. Blaze didn't respond. Eventually, they both finally reached the door and stepped inside. They walked down the back hall towards the front hall where the stairs were. They reached the main hall when a voice spoke.

"Where were you two?" the voice asked. Blaze and Rainbow turned to see Fire Streak sitting by the large fireplace off to the side in the main hall. He was looking at them angrily. The two remained frozen in place as Fire Streak sat up and started approaching them.

"Where were you?" Fire asked again. The two didn't answer, instead, backed up the stairs behind them, until another voice came from up the stairs.

"ANSWER HIS QUESTION!" the voice behind them shouted. They turned in fear and saw Solar Storm descending the stairs towards them. Eventually, Rainbow saw that they weren't the only ones.

Many other Wonderbolts began to emerge from the shadows, from upstairs, and from the other hallways. Blaze quickly stood between Dash and her mother.

"Mom? What's going on?" Blaze asked. Solar Storm did no answer her daughter. She walked up to Blaze, pushed her aside and grabbed Dash by the neck and held her up so their faces were inches apart. Dash could see the fury in Solar Storm's face and started to panic.

"Where. Were. You?" Blaze repeated, only not as loud, but with emphases on each word that made Dash feel like she was being punched in the face with each word.

"A....at Flu...Fluttershy's." Dash stammered out. Solar Storm let go of her and pushed her back onto the floor at the bottom of the stairs. Dash landed on her back and looked up at Solar Storm, petrified.

"Bullshit! I know you were with him! Probably talking about your little romps and plans to elope and betray the Wonderbolts!" Solar Storm shouted angrily. Blaze got back to her hooves and rushed to her mom.

"Mom Sto- Aaaah!" Blaze started to say before her mother grabbed her in a headlock, holding her steady.

"Quiet you rotten child, I know you were in on this!" Solar Storm shouted at her daughter. Dash got back to her hooves and glared back at Storm.

"We don't know what your talking about!" Dash shouted. A sinister chuckle caught her attention. She turned and saw Fire Streak standing a few feet away, flanked by a few more Wonderbolts.

"We know all about your sweet little romance with the degenerate of a stallion." Fire said with an evil grin. Dash's eyes widened.

"What?" Dash stammered out.

"Your affair with Soarin Skies. Fire told me everything." Solar Storm suddenly said. Dash turned back to her leader, her face still one of pure anger as she held Blaze in her headlock. Dash felt her windpipe begin to constrict. She felt unable to breath. Her stomach dropped, and she felt more afraid than ever before. Solar Storm dragged Blaze with her as she stepped down off the stairs in front of Dash.

"You are pathetic. The Daughter of one of our finest Wonderbolts, reduced to a stupid filly looking to get into false romances with a pony you've been taught to hate." Solar said angrily. Rainbow frowned, finally gathering her courage together.

"It isn't false!" Rainbow argued. She heard a scoff as she felt a hoof begin to brush through her mane. She turned and glared at Fire Streak, flashing her his most shit-eating grin ever.

"What, you really think you love him? That he loves you? Really? He's playing you like a flute!" Fire Streak said angrily. Rainbow stepped away from him, batting his hoof away. In that moment, Dash lost all restraint.

"I do Love HIM! and HE loves me! We're happy no matter what you all say, and he's TEN TIMES the stallion you'll ever be Fire!" Dash shouted angrily. She heard gasps all around her. She saw some of her other Wonderbolt friends like Misty Fly, who had a look of disappointment in her eyes. Fire chuckled.

"Well, at least I can assume that you play his thing like a flute." Fire said suggestively. Rainbow's eye twitched and her rage bursted. She flew forward and socked Fire Streak across the jaw, sending him flying back into a few other Wonderbolts. Solar pointed at Dash and several other Wonderbolts flew and restrained her. Dash thrashed, kicked, and screamed but eventually gave up. She was turned toward Solar Storm.

"You are a whore, and you are a disgrace to the Wonderbolts. I don't know a proper punishment for you yet, but for now, I am placing you under house arrest in your room until further notice." Solar Storm explained with a hint of disgust in her voice. She then turned to her daughter, still in the headlock. "As for you Blaze, I am also placing you under house arrest along with Dash, maybe that'll teach you to follow your mother's words." Solar Storm explained. Blaze simply hung her head in shame. Solar Storm then looked up and waved for Spitfire to come forward. She quickly flew over to Solar Storm's side. Solar Storm looked back at Blaze and forced her head up to look at her cousin.

"You see your cousin Spitfire? She's the true example of who will be a great Wonderbolt leader! Strong, determined, and loyal to the Wonderbolts! Much more of a leader than you are, and because of that, I am naming her my new heir to the Wonderbolts. She will lead when I retire, not you!" Solar Storm yelled. Spitfire's eyes were wide, both from being named the next heir to the Wonderbolts, but also at the look of pure pain and sadness on her cousin's face. It was hard to look at. Solar Storm then released her daughter and threw her to a group of Wonderbolts waiting.

"Take them to their room, bar the windows, and lock the door. Fire Streak?" Solar Storm ordered before calling out to Fire Streak. He quickly approached. "You're in charge of watching them, make sure they don't try anything." Solar Storm ordered. Fire Streak nodded. The Wonderbolts began to drag Dash and Blaze off. Blaze tried to call out to her mother again.

"Mom please! Just liste-"

"SILENCE YOU TREACHEROUS MARE!" Solar Storm shouted, silencing her daughter and making them remain silent for the rest of their trip to their room.

Blaze and Rainbow Dash were thrown into their room with little care and the door was shut behind them and several locking sounds could be heard. Dash quickly got up and went for the window, but saw that the bars were already in place.

"No..." Dash said quietly as tears began to well up in her eyes. Everything had fallen apart so quickly, she didn't know if she could take it. She turned and saw Blaze climbing onto her bed and looking over at her. She too looked utterly destroyed by what they just witnessed.

"I'm so sorry." Blaze said. Dash shook her head and quickly walked to her and threw her forelegs around her in an embrace.

"Don't be." Rainbow said before she began to silently cry into her friends shoulder. Blaze tried her best to comfort her, rubbing her hooves over her back and whispering in her ear.

"It's okay, it'll be okay." Blaze said, trying to calm her down. She then looked out the window at the moon hanging high above the sky.

"I hope."

Author's Note:

SURPRISE! I bet you didn't expect a chapter right now, did ya? Well here it is, My return to The Blood Feud.

This will be ongoing, but once again, may not have consistent updates, just to warn you. I WILL finish it though.