• Published 2nd May 2019
  • 1,154 Views, 36 Comments

The Blood Feud - CeasarTwain31



In the midst of a feud between two rival groups, two ponies challenge that feud when they fall in love.

  • ...
2
 36
 1,154

Planning

The small group of pegasi quickly flew over Ponyville from the Shadowbolt mansion to the edge of town and landed in front of Fluttershy's cottage. They swiftly made their way inside and gathered around in Fluttershy's kitchen, where they began formulating their plan to get Rainbow Dash and Blaze out of their situation.

"Alright, if we're gonna get them out, then we need to get them out as soon as possible, tonight if possible." Soarin began as he addressed the others. Rumble stepped forward and shook his head.

"Are you crazy? That place is like a fortress, we'd never be able to get in there and out with them with our tails intact!" Rumble argued. Soarin was about to argue back when Blossomforth interrupted.

"Wait, Rumble, isn't your father bringing in the reinforcements to protect the mansion?" Blossom asked. Rumble thought for a moment before nodding.

"Yeah, he's taking Solar Storm's threat seriously, ready to defend the house." Rumble explained. Blossomforth smirked.

"That's how we get in." Blossomforth said confidently. Soarin smiled and pointed at her.

"That's it! If the Wonderbolts really are planning on attacking the mansion tonight, then that can be our ticket to getting Dash out!" Soarin said happily. Fluttershy stepped in.

"Maybe, but I don't think they'll leave the compound unguarded, even if they need lots of Wonderbolts for the offensive attack." Fluttershy brought up. Soarin nodded and furrowed his brow trying to think of a way around this. Scootaloo quickly slammed her hoof down on the table to get everyone's attention.

"We'll need a distraction, something to draw their attention away while the rest go to break Dash and Blaze out." Scootaloo explained. Soarin smiled.

"That's a great idea, but we need to find something to use in a distraction. Hopefully one that can minimize casualties." Soarin said as he pondered with a hoof to his chin. The others all fell silent as they tried to come up with more ideas that could help in their plan, when Rumble thought of something.

"Fire Bottles." Rumble suddenly blurted out, startling everyone else around the table.

"So, fire-starting?' Blossomforth asked, Rumble smirked and nodded.

"All we need is some bottles of alcohol, some rags, and we can start a fire on the compound grounds, maybe burn a few of their trees, and while they're distracted with putting the fire out, we can get to Dash and Blaze." Rumble explained. Soarin's eyes widened with how that plan wasn't completely awful.

"Wow, that's risky, but it could work. But who's gonna do it?" Soarin asked, Rumble quickly stood up and took out his switchblade.

"I'll do it, I can buy you some time to get out, and if I get into any scrapes, I can take out some Wonderbolts in the process." Rumble said confidently, with Fluttershy and Scootaloo wincing at his words. Blossomforth put a hoof on Rumble's shoulder.

"I'll help you, you'll need somepony to watch your back." Blossom said. Soarin nodded, agreeing with their part before turning to the other two.

"That means we are the ones who are going in to save Dash and Blaze." He said to Fluttershy and Scootaloo. They both nodded. "I hope one of you know your way around?" Soarin asked.

"We know where Dash and Blaze's room is." Fluttershy clarified. Soarin nodded before turning to face everyone and clearing his throat.

"Okay then here's the plan. Today, we get what we need, bottles, rags, matches, rope, and anything we may need if this gets hairy. Fluttershy, you and Scootaloo keep watch over by the compound today and one of you come get the rest of us when the Wonderbolt force moves out to attack the mansion." Fluttershy and Scootaloo nodded. "Blossom and Rumble, once we all get there, you two will use the bottles to start fires, throw some at the trees they have around the back and front yards, hopefully they'll burn easily." He turned to face Scootaloo and Fluttershy again. "While they distract, the three of us will make our way inside and up to their room, I'll take care of any Wonderbolts in our way, and hopefully we can get them out with ease, but I'll break down their door if I have to." As Soarin explained his plan, he could feel his confidence rising, he felt stronger and more determined than ever before. He was going to do this, he was going to save Dash.

"What's gonna happen after you get them out?" Rumble asked. Soarin looked out the window towards Ponyville and sighed.

"We need to leave. Between Nightstalker bringing in reinforcements and Solar Storm planning an all out attack, I have a feeling Ponyville might suffer the same fate as Quirky Creek." Soarin said. Rumble's eyes widened for a second and he nodded.

Quirky Creek was another small town that the Shadowbolts and Wonderbolts found themselves fighting in, but when they started the heavy fighting, the town ended up burned to the ground, and sever civilians ending up dead as a result. Soarin looked at everyone around the table with a sad look on his face.

"I don't know if any of you want to stay here, but if you do want to stay, I won't stop you." Soarin explained, seeing mixed reactions around the table. Fluttershy looked sad, Scootaloo looked confused, Rumble nodded with a stern expression and Blossomforth shrugged with disinterest.

"I'm sorry Soarin, but I can't leave." Rumble spoke up. "I can't leave dad. I know you didn't always see eye to eye with him, but now he needs me more than ever. With Thunder gone, I need to support him, I hope you understand." Rumble explained. Soarin nodded and placed a hoof on Rumble's shoulder.

"I get it.....just.......take care of yourself kid, and make sure you don't get yourself killed." Soarin said. Rumble snorted slightly and batted Soarin's hoof away.

"Look, I know Thunder said something about taking care of me, but I don't expect to be safe in the Shadowbolts. I was born and raised in this group, and if I die protecting or serving this group, then that's what happens." Rumble explained. Soarin nodded again and Rumble walked to the door and opened it. "I'll get started on those fire bottles, come get me when it's time, I'll be waiting in my room." Rumble said before shutting the door and flying away. Soarin turned back and saw Blossomforth hesitating to speak up.

"What is it Blossom?" Soarin asked.

"I'll probably stay here too. With Thunder....gone.....I can look after Rumble. It'll be the least I can do for Thunder, to honor his dying wish." Blossom offered. Soarin nodded and Blossom smiled. She quickly rushed forward and hugged Soarin.

"Thank you. I'll go help Rumble, see you later." Blossomforth said before releasing Soarin and leaving. Soarin chuckled as Blossom left and he turned back to see Fluttershy and Scootaloo, both still looking conflicted about what to do. Fluttershy began to speak.

"I....I don't know if I can leave. My animals here, they need my help and care, and if Ponyville really is in danger, then those animals may need my help even more." Fluttershy explained. Soarin nodded.

"I understand, Scootaloo?" Soarin said as he turned to Scootaloo after Fluttershy. Scootaloo was biting her lip and darting her eyes back and forth between every surface in the cottage, unable to find an answer.

"It's okay if you don't have an answer, we can talk about it later." Soarin reassured her. Scootaloo took a deep breath and nodded. "You two should get over to the compound. Find a place that's close enough to see, but far enough that they won't see you, and watch them, when it looks like they're starting to mobilize, then come get the rest of us, I'll have us wait outside the mansion grounds. Okay?" Soarin recapped to the other two. They both nodded and all flew off to set their plan into motion. Soarin knew this wasn't going to be easy, but he'd do anything for Dash, and he vowed that he'd get her out of there.


Blaze placed her head against the floor of her room, trying her best to find an angle that could give her a clear picture of what was going on in the hallway from the crack under the door. While she did this, Dash rummaged through every drawer in the room, looking for any item that could help them escape, so far she found a few bobby pins, but nothing else.

Blaze focused on the figure she could see leaning against the wall next to the door. The pale coat was pretty much a dead giveaway that it was Fire Streak. Blaze suddenly moved away from the door when another pony approached in the hallway.

"How's prison guard duty?" the voice of a stallion spoke. Blaze recognized the voice as Altitude's. Fire Streak lightly banged his head against the wall and groaned.

"It's uninteresting, but at least I get to guard some precious cargo." Fire Streak said smugly. Altitude let out a chuckle of agreement before continuing down the hallway.

For the next few minutes, Blaze peered under the door at Fire Streak, watching as he mumbled several coarse things to himself and paced around his post. Blaze wanted nothing more than to bend his spine back and bury his head in his own plot for being such a douche. Him and his brother were the worst, and expected everything just because their family had been Wonderbolts for generations.

Blaze quickly moved away again when she heard her mother's voice and saw her approaching from down the hall.

"How are they?" Solar Storm asked. Fire Streak shrugged.

"Dunno, haven't heard a peep from them for a few hours." Fire Streak explained. Solar Storm sighed

"Well, we'll just have to carry on without them then. We'll be launching our attack on the manor tonight after sundown, make sure they stay locked in there and give them their dinner. I'm leaving Misty Fly in charge while we attack, so go to her if there are any problems, understood?" Solar Storm explained. Fire Streak saluted.

"Yes ma'am." he said enthusiastically. Solar Storm nodded at him to "at ease" and walked away. Fire watched her leave before turning to the door.

"You know, you both could have been great for me and Lightning. Two of the best mares with the two best Stallions, but instead you just had to go and mess everything up." Fire Streak said with a smugness in his voice through the door. Rainbow gritted her teeth and let out a quiet snarl at his words.

"Dashie, if you want out, you just gotta say, and I'll take ya for a wild ride that'll make you glad to be a Wonderbolt. I might even give you one too Blazey." Fire Streak said smugly. Dash nearly blew a gasket, but kept her cool and continued looking, while Blaze had a hard time not becoming enraged from his tone. "It's just an offer, I'll be right outside if you decide to take it." Fire Streak concluded before leaning against the wall once again and continuing his watch.

Blaze looked back and Dash and saw that she had completely ransacked the room, and looked very worried.

"So, did ya find anything useful?" Blaze asked as she stood up from the door and walked over to Dash. Dash rose her hoof to show her.

"Nothing much, just some bobby pins, some pillows, and bedsheets, as well as out uniforms, but nothing else useful." Dash explained. Blaze looked at what they had and thought for a moment, before a lightbulb went off in her head.

"I know, we wait until dinner time, and we stuff these pillows under the blankets to make it look like we're sleeping, and when they come in to give us dinner, we escape, forcefully if we need to." Blaze explained. Dash nodded and smirked, liking the plan.

"Sounds good." Dash said in agreement. Now all they had to do was wait.


Spitfire quickly flew through the halls of the Wonderbolt compound on her way to her aunt's office. She had just been called to speak with her on the upcoming plan of attack, and it was definitely happening that night.

Spitfire had millions of doubts and anxieties swimming through her head as she neared the office door. Was she ready lead soon? Were they ready to attack? Could they win? What would happen if they lost?

All these questions made Spitfire even more anxious, with her beginning to visibly shake, but she quickly took a few deep breaths outside of the office before knocking on the door.

"Who is it?" Solar Storm called from inside.

"It's me Aunt Storm." Spitfire responded, "you wanted to see me?" She asked.

"Yes, come in." Solar Storm answered. Spitfire opened the door and slowly walked over to Solar Storm's desk, which was cluttered with things, like a map of the surrounding area, scrolls containing messages from other Wonderbolt chapters, a planning board, and a mug of coffee. Solar Storm took a sip from the mug before leaning back in her chair and looking back at Spitfire. "Do you know why I wanted to see you?" she asked.

"To go over the plan for tonight, right?" Spitfire responded. Solar Storm nodded and stood up from her chair and began to walk around her desk.

"We attack tonight, we go there around 6pm, get into positions in the surrounding forest, and attack it from all sides." Solar Storm explained, Spitfire was about to agree with the plan, when Solar Storm interrupted her.

"But.....you, along with a few other selected Wonderbolts, will be staying to defend the compound." Solar Storm finished. Spitfire frowned.

"What!? I'm one of the strongest Wonderbolts here! I should be helping with this fight!" Spitfire argued. Solar Storm shook her head.

"That's why I need you here, what if they send a group to attack the compound while we attack them, we need to be ready for any possible plan." Solar Storm explained. "And as the next leader, I can't risk you dying." She continued. Spitfire rolled her eyes and groaned in frustration.

"Then why couldn't you just leave Blaze as the heir, she's already safe enough in her makeshift prison cell." Spitfrie snapped back. Solar Storm turned and glared at Spitfire, her gaze one of anger and disappointment.

"She already lost her chance, with her and Dash's betrayal." Solar Storm said bitterly.

"But don't you think their punishment is a bit much. I'm sure it's just a spur of the moment kind of thing. Like hormones, they'll come around." Spitfire argued. Solar Storm lowered her head and low growl sound escaped her throat. She turned back to Spitfire with a glare as cold as ice.

"I visited them this morning. Dash has no interest of admitting she did wrong, and continues to claim her love for that predator of a stallion in her state of denial, and your cousin is still following her. They are lost, and I don't know what to do with them next." Solar Storm explained. Nearly coming to tears, but managing to hold back before glancing at the clock. It was 3pm. She turned back to Spitfire.

"Go....prepare to defend this place. I need to prepare the attacking force. The time for the battle is near." Solar Storm commanded. Spitfire nodded her head and turned and left the room.

As Spitfire walked through the halls, she could see several other Wonderbolts all getting ready to either go on the attack or stay and defend. Spitfire had a bad feeling about everything. Solar Storm always said that the Wonderbolts needed to attack like a hurricane, build ones strength before attacking quickly and violently, but Spitfire knew that the Wonderbolts weren't ready. Many of the Wonderbolts at the compound were new recruits, barely able to hold their own against Shadowbolts.

Eventually, Spitfire passed by Blaze and Dash's room. Fire Streak was sleeping outside and there was no sound coming from the room. Was Dash wrong? Were they both wrong? Spitfire was raised to believe only the Wonderbolts and to condemn the Shadowbolts for everything they did, no matter what. But as Spitfire began to think more and more about it, the more pointless everything seemed to get to her. This feud was just getting Ponies killed, all because two Wonderbolts from the past didn't like eachother, and ever since Swift Shadow killed Sun Spot, it's been nonstop violence, violence that is only going to ultimately end in everypony dying and nopony winning. Which Spitfire feared was about to happen.

Spitfire glanced at Blaze and Dash's door one last time before continuing down the hallway.


Nightstalker stared out of the window of his office, looking down on all the other Shadowbolts preparing to defend their home if they needed. That day, already several other chapters of the Shadowbolts from several other cities had arrived to assist, but now, Nightstalker was just waiting on one last arrival.

A knock emitted from his door.

"Sir, it's Fleetfoot." he heard from the hallway. Nightstalker grinned as he turned towards the door.

"Send them in." Nightstalker yelled. The door opened and in strode four Shadowbolts followed by Fleetfoot.

Up front was a Stallion with a pale, bluish coat and a spikey purple mane. He wore the standard Shadowbolt jacket.

"Nightshade."

Walking up to the right of Nightshade was another stallion, this one with an even paler white coat, a cool blue hued mane, and a scar over his muzzle.

"Stratus"

To the left of Nightshade was another stallion, this one taller and more built than the others. He had a grey coat with a silvery mane.

"Charger"

Finally, following behind them all was the only mare among them, with a purple coat and pink and white mane.

"Starry Skies."

They all walked forward until they reached Nightstalker's desk. With a wide grin, Nightstalker reached out his hoof towards Nightshade with his elbow bent on a way that one would hoof wrestle. Nightshade smirked and placed his hoof against Nightstalker's. The two gave eachother competitive looks before they began to hoof wrestle. It was a stalemate, with neither side giving in, until at one point, Nightstalker began to gain the upper hoof, and slammed his brother's hoof onto the desk. Nightshade stood back with a glare and Nightstalker chuckled.

"I've still got it." Nightstalker said smugly. Nightshade let out his own chuckle.

"You definitely do." Nightshade said before grabbing his brother around the neck, pulling him across the desk, placing him in a choke hold, and giving his hair a rough noogie.

"How's the glorious leader been huh?" Nightshade asked after letting his brother go. Nightstalker recovered from the little roughhouse before processing his brother's question and his smile faded. Nightshade's faded as well.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be here to help him." Nightshade said. Nightstalker put his hoof up.

"None of that, you couldn't have known, but now, we have a chance to really get the Wonderbolts back for this. Thank you Fleetfoot." Nightstalker nodded to Fleetfoot, who quickly turned and left the room. After she was gone, Nightstalker and the rest of the Shadowbolts from Manehattan gathered around the desk.

"Though Thunderlane is gone, his death was avenged by Soarin." Nightstalker explained. The other gasped.

"Soarin? That painting fruitcake killed a Wonderbolt?" Charger scoffed in disbelief.

"Yes, he's been uninvolved, but he did do it for his fallen friend. After the Wonderbolt was killed, Solar Storm herself came with the body and demanded I hoof Soarin over. I refused of course, But now she's bringing the hammer down on us, and we need to prepare to defend our castle." Nightstalker explained. The others nodded.

"What do you need us to do?" Stratus asked.

"Yeah! We can make those Wonderbolts tuck their tails between their legs and go climb under a rock if they come to attack!" Starry Skies said enthusiastically. Nightstalker shook his head and smirked.

"I've got things here, I want you four to go to the Wonderbolt compound while they attack here, and take out any Wonderbolt there, then, burn it to the ground for all I care. That'll show them." Nightstalker explained.

"If that's what you want, then we won't let you down, or Thunder for that matter." Nightshade said.

"Breaking, entering, mass murder, and arson?! Now you're speaking my language." Starry Skies said wickedly.

"It's been a while since I've done an infiltration, I'm in." Stratus said as he took out his knife and began to polish it.

"If it means I get to pound some Wonderbolts till their spines are paper, then I'm in." Charger said. Nightstalker looked at all of them and nodded.

"Thank you. Now go and prepare, one of my scouts says the Wonderbolts will be on the attack at 6pm. We must prepare." Nightstalker ordered. The Shadowbolts all nodded and saluted before leaving the office. As they left, Nightstalker turned back to the window and observed the force he had acquired.

"The Wonderbolts end today." Nightstalker said to himself as he watched his small army prepare.

Author's Note:

Before anyone says anything at all, yes, Nightshade is male in this story, lets just role with it.