• Published 2nd May 2019
  • 1,154 Views, 36 Comments

The Blood Feud - CeasarTwain31



In the midst of a feud between two rival groups, two ponies challenge that feud when they fall in love.

  • ...
2
 36
 1,154

We Gotta Get Out of this Place

The morning sun rose above Ponyville in the early hours of the morning as the townsfolk awoke from their slumber to begin their day. One citizen in particular walked with a purpose towards the Wonderbolt's compound.

Fluttershy walked slowly down the road leading to the compound. She wore her usual concerned and shy expression as she passed a few Wonderbolts standing around outside the compound. They all gave her neutral looks and let her walk by. Fluttershy was a regular at the compound, so seeing her heading towards it was nothing new to the Wonderbolts.

Tucked under her wing was a basket filled with a few pastries baked by Flutters herself. Though she wasn't the best baker, she did possess some talent in the kitchen. She was going to share some breakfast with Rainbow Dash and Blaze so they could talk about what to do next. With all that happened the night before, Fluttershy was incredibly worried about what was going to happen next.

She walked through the front door of the compound and began to walk towards the stairs, but stopped when her name was called from the nearby hallway.

"Hello Fluttershy. What brings you here this morning?" Solar Storm asked as she approached Fluttershy.

"Oh, good morning Ms. Storm, I was just stopping by to give some things to Rainbow Dash." Fluttershy explained. She moved to continue walking up the stairs, when Solar Storm extended her wing and stopped her.

"I'm sorry Fluttershy, but I'm afraid Rainbow Dash isn't here at this time." Solar Storm explained. This made Fluttershy confused. She had just seen Dash last night, and she wasn't here?

"Oh, where is she?" Fluttershy asked. Solar Storm began guiding Fluttershy back down the stairs and towards the front door.

"Something happened last night, and I sent her home on leave, and I asked Blaze to accompany her." Solar Storm explained. Fluttershy nodded slightly, unsure if what Solar Storm was saying was truthful. The two finally reached the front door.

"Do you know how long they'll be gone?" Fluttershy asked as Solar Storm opened the front door. Solar Storm shrugged.

"I'm unsure, I told them to take as much time off as they see fit. I'd tell you more but I'm very busy at the moment. When Dash returns I'll have her come find you. Have a nice day!" Solar Storm finished with a rather cheery voice before closing the door behind Fluttershy in a rather rushed way.

Fluttershy stood dumbfounded on the front steps of the compound, confused as to what had just happened. Fluttershy decided to just let it be for now and began walking away when she heard a sound.

"Psssst."

Fluttershy turned back towards the front door where the sound cam from and saw a Wonderbolt standing slightly behind the bushes next to the front entrance. She was waving her hoof for Fluttershy to come over. Fluttershy quickly listened and trotted over to the Wonderbolt, recognizing her as Misty Fly.

"Hello Misty, what's wrong?" Fluttershy asked as she joined Misty behind the bush. Misty glanced around before crouching down lower to the ground and motioning for Fluttershy to do the same, which she did.

"Everything Solar Storm told you was a lie." Misty whispered to Fluttershy. She let out an audible gasp that was a bit to loud for Misty's liking. Misty quickly covered Fluttershy's mouth with a hoof. "I'm not supposed to say anything to anypony, so don't get us caught, okay?" Misty asked. Fluttershy nodded her head and Misty retracted her hoof.

"What do you mean? Where is Rainbow Dash?" Fluttershy asked with a whisper.

"Fire Streak spilled everything about her and the Shadowbolt Soarin." Misty responded. Fluttershy's eyes widened. "Solar Storm was furious. She locked Dash in her room and barred the windows. And since Blaze was in on it with her, she locked her in there too. I don't know what's gonna happen to them now, and.....I don't forgive Dash for her actions either, but you deserved to know the truth Fluttershy." Misty explained. Fluttershy nodded.

"Thank you Misty." Fluttershy whispered. Misty formed a small smile on her lips.

"Don't mention it, now get out of here, before anypony sees us." Misty said. Fluttershy nodded and quickly emerged from behind the bushes when nopony was looking and made a break for the main gates of the compound. Once through, she stopped along the wall to rest for a moment and wrap her head around everything. Her best friend had her own allies turn on her and now she was imprisoned. What could she do?

"Soarin." Fluttershy whispered to herself. She had to tell him the situation. He'd probably know what to do. Fluttershy was about to take off towards the Shadowbolt mansion when another voice caught her attention.

"Hey Fluttershy!" Fluttershy turned and saw Scootaloo walking down the path towards the compound's main gate. Fluttershy quickly stopped her from moving any further down the path.

"Wait, are you going to see Rainbow Dash?" Fluttershy asked. Scootaloo nodded enthusiastically. Fluttershy closed her eyes for a second and took a deep breath. Scootaloo had to know the truth. She didn't know about Dash and Soarin's situation, but if Dash was now in danger, she needed to know. Fluttershy draped a wing over Scootaloo's back and began to lead her away from the compound. Scootaloo raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Uh, what's wrong? Is Rainbow Dash okay?" Scootaloo asked. Fluttershy glanced over her shoulder, she didn't see anypony following them. She turned back to Scootaloo.

"Rainbow Dash is in trouble, and we need to help her." Fluttershy whispered. Scootaloo's eyes widened and she audibly gasped.

"What! What's wrong?!" Scootaloo asked, a little too loudly. Fluttershy shushed her.

"I'll explain everything, but for now, we need to get help." Fluttershy said as she lifted into the air. Scootaloo followed close behind. "I'll explain everything on the way." Fluttershy said as they flew off towards the Shadowbolt mansion.


After quickly getting rid of Fluttershy, Solar Storm quickly headed upstairs to Dash and Blaze's room. Outside the door, Fire Streak was sitting in a chair, looking rather bored. He quickly stiffened up as Solar Storm approached.

"Anything happen since last night?" Solar Storm asked. Fire Streak shook his head.

"Not a peep since we put 'em in there. I can check if you want me to." Fire Streak offered. Solar Storm shook her head.

"No, I'm going in alone right now. I need to get this straightened up now. The sooner we can, the sooner we can move forward.....and avenge your brother's death." Solar Storm explained. Fire Streak nodded and unlocked the door. Solar Storm slowly stepped into the room.

Upon entering, she saw both Blaze and Rainbow Dash laying on their beds. Blaze was looking up at the ceiling, giving her mother a sidelong glance as she entered, and Rainbow Dash was also laying on her bed, facing away from the door.

Solar Storm stepped fully inside and closed the door behind her. She cleared her throat and expected the two to start groveling at her hooves, begging for forgiveness and swearing their loyalty to the Wonderbolts once again, but nothing happened for a solid 30 seconds. Solar Storm finally spoke.

"So.... what have you to say for yourselves?" Solar Storm spoke softly. Blaze finally rolled over to face her mother.

"What do you want us to say? Huh? What did you come up here for?" Blaze asked. Solar Storm glared at her daughter.

"I came up here to see if you changed your minds. More her than you..." She motioned to Rainbow Dash, "...and to see if you've finally come top your senses." She walked over to Dash, who was still facing away. "What's the answer Dash. Have you seen the error of your ways, and realized that you were lured into a destructive mindset by that dirty, underhanded Stallion, and that your family is here, where we are against those Shadowbolts, and we will destroy them for what they did to Lightning Streak?" Solar Storm asked. Dash didn't show any visible reaction to her words, and stayed silent. Solar Storm shrugged and turned to face Blaze.

"What about you honey, have you realized how wrong you were for believing and helping this traitor?" Solar Storm asked. Blaze glared at her and opened her mouth to curse her off, but somepony else cut her off.

"No"

Solar Storm and Blaze both turned their eyes to Dash. She was now facing them, her eyes bloodshot and the coat around her face dried with old tears. Solar Storm raised an eyebrow.

"No?" Solar Storm repeated what Dash said. Dash sat up completely on the bed and glared at Solar Storm.

"No, you're wrong Solar Storm. I will never stop loving him. I will never submit to you! He's a better stallion than any of the filthy, rotten, and pervy Stallions in the Wonderbolts. As far as I know, Lightning got what was coming to him. If you want me to hate Soarin, i'm sorry, but that's never happening. I'd rather die than to turn against him after all the love he's shown me, and I've shown him in return. And if your going to keep up this feud for your selfish pride to keep me away from him, go fuck yourself!" Dash shouted defiantly before going back to facing away from Solar Storm, this time, the soft sound of sobs emanated from her. Solar Storm frowned.

"Then you are still lost, and you will remain imprisoned here until you see otherwise!" Solar Storm shouted before turning back to Blaze.

"What about you? Have you come around?" Solar Storm asked. Blaze frowned.

"Mom, I think Dash is right. This stupid feud has lasted far too long. I'm not saying all of the Shadowbolts are good, but Soarin really isn't that bad. If anything, he was avenging his own friends death. And if this feud keeps going, then many more than Lightning Streak are going to die, on both sides!" Blaze pleaded. Solar Storm frowned, and a look of disappointment appeared on her face.

"I thought I taught you well, I can't believe all that I've taught you has gone away because your friend shagged a Shadowbolt! Need I remind you that your ancestor was lured into a trap and MURDERED by a Shadowbolt! Is this what Sun Spot would have wanted!?" Solar Storm screamed angrily before turning back to the door.

"You are both disgraces to the Wonderbolts!" Solar Storm shouted angrily before slamming the door and storming off down the hall. Fire Streak quickly locked the door again.

After Solar Storm left, Dash's sobs began to grow louder, and Blaze quickly rushed over to comfort her friend. Dash looked up at Blaze with tear filled eyes.

"So that's it then, I'm out of the Wonderbolts, and I'm never going to see Soarin again." Dash squeaked out. Blaze hugged her, trying her best to calm her.

"No, don't think like that, there's gotta be a way for us to get out. We just need to find a way." Blaze whispered. Dash sat up and looked at Blaze in disbelief.

"The window's barred and the door's locked and guarded, how can we get out?" Dash asked.

"We'll find a way, we just need to start looking, okay?" Blaze asked. Dash wiped the tears from her eyes, and gave a determined look to Blaze.

"Okay." Rainbow said confidently. The two then began to search the room, looking for any way to get out.

"I'm coming Soarin, I'm getting out." Dash said quietly to herself.


*Bang* *Bang* *Bang*

"Soarin? You awake? Open Up!"

Soarin sat up from his bed, feeling groggy as he looked over at the door to his room, hearing the loud banging and the voice on the other side of it. The banging emitted from the door again and Soarin quickly sat up fully.

"Come on! Get up already!"

"Don't shout angry like that, maybe you should be little nicer sounding."

Soarin recognized the voices of Rumble and Blossomforth outside.

"Just a second guys." Soarin said as he got out of bed and staggered over to the door and opened it, letting the two into his room.

"About time you got up, cause it's time to give me some answers!" Rumble said angrily as he pushed against Soarin up to the desk. Blossomforth tried to pull Rumble away.

"Rumble! Just calm down! You don't have to say anything Soarin, it isn't our business." Blossomforth said as she struggled to hold Rumble back. Rumble finally freed himself and stood muzzle to muzzle with Soarin again.

"Oh no, you are going to explain to me, uh... US, right now, how you know that Rainbow Dash Wonderbolt!" Rumble shouted in Soarin's face. Blossomforth pulled Rumble back again and pressed a feather to his lips.

"Keep it down." Blossomforth said. Soarin stood slightly shocked. Rumble hadn't told Nightstalker yet. Why?

"Well, why do you want to know?" Soarin asked. Rumble growled.

"Because, she showed up when Thunderlane was dying, and he was saying some things that I didn't bring up then because I was caught up in that moment. But now I want you to spill, or I just might bring it up with dad first!" Rumble said angrily. Soarin sighed and sat on the edge of his bed.

"What do you want to know?" Soarin asked.

"What's the deal between you and her. What Thunderlane said makes it obvious, but I want to hear it from you." Rumble said. Soarin nodded.

"Yeah, me and her are.....dating, you could say." Soarin explained. Rumble looked disgusted, while Blossomforth smiled. She was suddenly distracted by something as Rumble continued.

"Wait....so, You are dating a WONDERBOLT! Despite everything dad told us, and what we've been doing for years while you've lived with us, you suddenly have the hots for them? Unless you're planning on betraying them...." Rumble rambled, Soarin suddenly stood up defiantly.

"NEVER! It's not like that, it's real. And she really likes me too!" Soarin defended. Rumble was about to talk back, when Blossomforth suddenly spoke.

"This.....this is beautiful..." Blossomforth said as she stood by Soarin's closet, admiring what was inside. Rumble and Soarin looked over at what she was admiring.

Soarin's painting of Rainbow Dash.

"Woah..." Rumble muttered as he and Soarin stepped over to Blossomforth. Blossomforth was tracing her hoof along the edge of the painting, admiring every detail on it.

"Did you do this?" Blossomforth asked. Soarin nodded as he reached out to touch it.

"Yep. This is the most prized work I've done. The others are great, but this one was made out of something else." Soarin said as he stared at the image of Dash in the center.

"I wanted to capture everything beautiful about her in one image. Her radiant mane, her rosy eyes, her adventurous, brash and bold personality, and everything else that makes me love her so much." Soarin said. Blossomforth smiled and looked over at Soarin, who looked as if he had just seen the most prized treasure ever to be found.

"You really love her? Don't you?" Blossomforth asked. Soarin nodded, his eyes shining like emeralds as he gazed at the painting.

"I love her, so much. She means the world to me. More than anything else." Soarin said softly. He turned to look at Rumble, who was also looking at the painting with a look of surprise. He knew about Soarin's talent and seen other paintings he had done, but this was on a different level for Soarin. This was a work of art worthy of royalty. Soarin smirked at the shocked colt.

"So, does that answer your question?" Soarin asked. Rumble nodded.

"Okay, so you really love her. What about dad? what's he gonna think of this?" Rumble asked. Soarin shook his head.

"No, He can't know about this, or us. If he does he might do something crazy, and with Nightshade coming, along with more reinforcements, more violence is inevitable, and I can't let her get hurt. We need to leave soon." Soarin said frantically. Rumble opened his mouth to protest, when suddenly the basement window opened over Soarin's bed. The three occupants in the room looked over and saw two pegasi looking down at them.

"Oh, is this a bad time? We can come back later if you need us to." Fluttershy said quietly as she and Scootaloo poked their heads through the window. Fluttershy moved to close the window, but Soarin quickly jumped up to stop her.

"No, no, just get in here before somepony sees you!" Soarin said as he quickly ushered the two into the room.

"Who are these fillies?" Rumble asked. Soarin motioned to them.

"This is Fluttershy, she's Rainbow Dash's friend, and she is...." Soarin trailed off, not remembering who the orange filly was. She trotted over to him and began to closely inspect him, eyeing him up and walking in a circle around him. Eventually she stopped in front of him and smiled.

"You don't look like a bum, which is good enough for me." She extended her hoof, "I'm Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash's Surrogate sister!" She said enthusiastically as Soarin shook her hoof. Soarin nodded and motioned to Rumble and Blossom.

"This is Rumble, Thunderlane's little brother, and that's Blossomforth. She was Thunderlane's marefriend." Soarin said sadly as he introduced her. Fluttershy put a hoof to her mouth.

"Oh, I'm very sorry about what happened." Fluttershy said. Blossomforth smiled.

"Thank you." Blossom said with a little smile.

"Hey, aren't you that filly I danced with at the Summer Sun Celebration?" Rumble asked Scootaloo. She squinted her eyes at the colt and smirked.

"I think I was. I wonder if your dancing skills have improved since then, cause you had 4 left hooves on that dance floor. We can try again if you wanna?" Scootaloo said smugly.

"Eh, pass." Rumble said grumpily. Soarin quickly turned back to Fluttershy.

"So what are you guys doing here? is everything okay?" Soarin asked. Fluttershy shook her head.

"No, I went to see Dash this morning, but Solar Storm told me she was "on leave". I was just going to leave it at that, but then another Wonderbolt named Misty Fly pulled me aside and told me that Dash and Blaze have been locked up at the Wonderbolt compound." Fluttershy explained. Soarin gasped.

"What? But Why?!" Soarin asked angrily.

"She said that Fire Streak spilled everything to Solar Storm about you two, I guess that's why she did it." Fluttershy said. Soarin gritted his teeth and stumbled over to the desk and slammed his hoof down.

"That bastard! We have to get them out!" Soarin said as he turned to the rest of them. Rumble shook his head.

"Woah, we? I think this is a "you" problem. I don't do things for Wonderbolts." Rumble said. Soarin glared at him.

"I thought you understood me when you saw the painting!" Soarin said.

"Yes, I understand you, but I don't want to get mixed up in this." Rumble said.

"But I need help, they need help!" Soarin argued. Rumble just glared back at Soarin, both giving eachother angry looks, when suddenly Blossom spoke up.

"I'll help you." Blossom said as she stepped forward. Soarin stared in slight disbelief before shaking his head.

"No, I can't ask you to get involved Blossom, you've been through enough already." Soarin said. Rumble frowned.

"Oh, she'd been through too much but I haven't, so I have to help?!" Rumble shouted. Soarin was about to protest when Blossomforth stepped between them.

"Stop, both of you!" Blossom said sternly. Both shut up. Blossom then turned to Soarin.

"I'll help you get her out, whether you're okay with it or not." Blossom said before turning back and walking over to the painting.

"But...why?" Soarin asked. Blossom looked back at him and smiled.

"Losing Thunder was.....hard. Probably the most difficult thing I've ever had to endure in my life. He was everything to me. I cried to much last night, and I'm surprised I'm not crying right now. But After seeing this...." She motioned to the painting, "...and hearing what you had to say, I believe you. You love her, like I loved Thunderlane, and if I can help in any way to stop the same thing happening to you two, leaving either you or Dash alone, then I'll help." Blossom said, tears falling from her eyes. Soarin smiled at her.

"Thanks Blossom." Soarin said.

"I'm helping to!" Fluttershy suddenly said, "Rainbow Dash is my oldest friend, and I'd do anything for her." Fluttershy explained. Soarin smiled at her as well. Scootaloo suddenly spoke up too.

"I'm helping too! What kind of sister would I be if I didn't?" She said with a determined tone. Soarin nodded at her before turning to Rumble, who still looked unsure. Soarin took a step towards him.

"Please Rumble, it's what Thunder would have wanted." Soarin said. Rumble took a deep breath in and shook his head out.

"You know what, fine, I'll help, but I'm not getting dragged in further. You're a great guy Soarin, but my place is here with Dad and the rest of the Shadowbolts, I don't want to risk losing my place here." Rumble explained. Soarin nodded

"Thanks Rumble, it means a lot to me." Soarin said.

"Yeah, whatever." Rumble scoffed.

"Okay, but now, we need a plan, before the reinforcements get here." Blossom spoke up. Soarin nodded and flew over to the window and opened it.

"Let's get out of here first, we'll go to Fluttershy's cottage to plan, is that okay?" Soarin asked Fluttershy.

"That's fine by me." Fluttershy responded. Soarin nodded as he led the others out of the basement, and when nopony was looking, took off from the mansion grounds towards Ponyville.