• Published 2nd May 2019
  • 1,159 Views, 36 Comments

The Blood Feud - CeasarTwain31



In the midst of a feud between two rival groups, two ponies challenge that feud when they fall in love.

  • ...
2
 36
 1,159

Soarin vs. Lightning Streak

Everything in Soarin's peripheral vision had faded, and every noise apart from the beating of his heart had been drowned out as he stared at Lightning Streak. His blood felt like it began to boil, and he felt his rage swelter within him. He gripped the switchblade in his hoof. He was about to attack Lightning, when a voice brought him out of his rage induced state.

"Soarin. What happened?" Soarin turned and saw Rainbow Dash by his side, her face full of concern. Rainbow noticed the anger and sadness in his normally bright and glistening eyes. Soarin wanted to just take Dash, Rumble, Blossomforth, and Thunderlane's body and get out of there, but he already made his decision.

"Dash, get out of here, please." Soarin said quietly, his voice trembling.

"Yeah Dash, the big boys need to talk." Lightning said sarcastically. This made Soarin snap again.

"You shut you mouth you FUCKER!" Soarin shouted. Rainbow stepped back, a little frightened by his outburst. Rainbow then looked back over at Thunderlane's body, that was now being lifted up by Rumble and Blossomforth.

"Soarin? What're you doing?" Rumble asked, curiously through his tears. Soarin turned to Rumble and Blossomforth.

"Take Thunder back to the house. Dash, please, get out of here and go somewhere safe, I need to take care of this snake." Soarin said, looking back in Lightning's direction.

"Sounds good to me, give me the challenge that Thunder couldn't give me!" Lightning said psychotically. Soarin was about to respond, when Rainbow pulled him to the side and gave him a deep, affectionate kiss. Afterwards, Rainbow looked into Soarin's eyes.

"Please, if things go bad, get out, don't get yourself killed, please. I'll be at Fluttershy's cottage." Rainbow explained, she then gave Soarin one last kiss before turning to Lightning Streak and giving him a death glare.

"You're life ends tonight Lightning." Rainbow muttered under her breath before flying off. Soarin watched her fly off before looking back at Lightning.

"Do you really want to do this Soarin? It's not like you stand a chance." Lightning said condescendingly. Soarin finally flipped open the switchblade and raised it.

"I'm going to kill you for what you did to him!" Soarin shouted with rage. Soarin glanced over his shoulder quickly, where he saw Rumble and Blossomforth flying away, with Rumble giving Soarin a nod of approval. Soarin turned back and readied himself. Lightning chuckled evilly.

"Alright Shittybolt..." Lightning began before using the sleeve of his jacket to wipe the blood off his switchblade, "...Let's Dance!"

(Fight Music)

Lightning dashed forward quickly, almost like a bolt of lightning. Soarin quickly leapt out of the way as Lightning took a swipe at him. Soarin then took advantage of Lightning's swiping arm to grab it and flip him onto the ground. Soarin tried to bring his switchblade down onto Lightning, but Lightning quickly punched Soarin in the gut with his free hoof and stood back up.

Soarin then began to attack fast, swiping left and right with his switchblade, trying to hit Lightning anywhere he could. Lightning then caught Soarin off guard by stabbing Soarin's stabbing hoof. Soarin yelped in pain and dropped his switchblade. Luckily the wound wasn't too deep. Soarin then lunged at Lightning, bringing them both to the ground.

Soarin then began to rapidly punch Lightning, who attempted to block Soarin's punches. Eventually, Lightning used his back legs to kick Soarin off him. Soarin landed on his back and saw his dropped switchblade, he quickly picked it up and made another dash for the recovering Lightning Streak, who had dropped his own switchblade.

Soarin stabbed Lightning's side and caused him to fall to the ground again. Soarin made for another stab while Lightning was on the ground, but Lightning quickly rolled to the side and punched Soarin in the side of his face. Soarin quickly recovered, and as Lightning was making another move to attack him, Soarin swiped his switchblade at him, cutting his cheek.

During their fight, they ended up moving back down the street towards Sugarcube Corner, until they were fighting right outside it. Soarin eventually got Lightning back onto the ground and punched him very hard in the back of the neck. He then grabbed Lightning, lifted him up and threw him through the front window of Sugarcube Corner.

Lightning slowly stood back up after being thrown in, panting heavily. Soarin climbed into the broken window, armed with his switchblade, his eyes filled with rage. Lightning shook his head, and rushed passed Soarin and took off into the sky. Soarin frowned and took off after him.

"You're not getting away Lightning!" Soarin shouted. Lightning kept trying to fly faster, but his every flap of his wings caused him pain due to the glass shards in them. Soarin inched closer and closer to Lightning, until Soarin got close enough for the kill. Soarin grabbed Lightning in mid flight, and stabbed Lightning directly in his right wing.

Lightning cried out in pain as he and Soarin began to go down. Eventually both of them crashed in the Ponyville Park. They both landed next to the fountain, but Soarin was thrown off of Lightning after he crashed. Soarin felt a little disoriented after the crash, but his rage and adrenaline kept him going, and he looked over and saw Lightning climbing to his hooves using the fountain.

Soarin stood up and began to move his way to the fountain, limping due to his left forehoof getting hurt in the crash. Lightning completely stood up, when he was suddenly pushed over again, landing in the fountain. Soarin then climbed into the fountain, and raised his switchblade high, and plunged it into Lightning's chest.

Lightning sputtered as Soarin used his other hoof to hold Lightning's head under the water. Soarin then lifted the blade again and stabbed Lightning again, and again, and again.

The fountain's water began to turn red as Soarin stabbed Lightning so many times he lost count. He just kept stabbing until Lightning stopped moving. Soarin was panting heavily as he got out of the fountain slowly. Soarin dropped the switchblade as he stepped out. He walked over to a tree to lean against it, catching his breath as his mind began to clear.

The rage fueled haze that clouded Soarin's mind finally cleared, and he looked back over to the fountain, and sure enough, it had happened. There, floating in the bloody red water, was Lightning Streak's corpse, his face one of permanent pain.

Soarin felt both proud and scared at what he did. Dash did say that Lightning had threatened her, but did Soarin have to kill him? He could have just reported Thunderlane's murder to the royal guard or something, but Soarin made a choice, one that he couldn't take back. Soarin didn't know what was going to happen now, but he knew it wasn't good.

But, none of that mattered now, Soarin needed to see Rainbow Dash, she needed to see that he was still alive. Soarin quickly flew off towards Fluttershy's cottage, leaving Lightning's body in the fountain.