• Published 2nd May 2019
  • 1,154 Views, 36 Comments

The Blood Feud - CeasarTwain31



In the midst of a feud between two rival groups, two ponies challenge that feud when they fall in love.

  • ...
2
 36
 1,154

Secret Love

Author's Note:

I have returned! I plan on working on this story the most, as I have a more general idea of where it will go unlike my two other stories. Plus, this is the most popular one by far, and I want to give the readers what they want. Thanks again for the patience! :)

In the week that followed the Summer Sun Celebration, things seemed normal for both the Wonderbolts and the Shadowbolts, as they continued with their bickering, fighting, and intimidating, however there was something else going on, that only few ponies knew of.

Soarin and Rainbow Dash began to see eachother in secret, usually going back to the field where they officially met, although, there were times when they went a little more risk filled route, like sharing milkshakes at Sugarcube Corner. But whenever they planned to meet up, they had to keep making realistic excuses to the others.

Soarin had a fairly easy time being able to meet with Dash, since Night Stalker and the rest of the Shadowbolts either had other things to do, or were too laid back to pay attention, especially Thunderlane, who was too busy with his own special somepony.

Rainbow Dash, however, had a more difficult time trying to come up with excuses to be with Soarin, she even had to resort to skipping on practice with the rest of the Wonderbolt teams, which got her a good talking to by Solar Storm. What didn't help was the Streak Brothers. Fire Streak kept staring at her, often making her dreadfully uncomfortable, and Lightning Streak giving her death glares, even though she had no idea why.

But despite it all, they still had time to be with eachother.


"So, you just sketch things you see, and eventually turn them into paintings?" Rainbow asked as Soarin flipped through his sketchbook to get to an empty page. The two were sitting in the middle of the field where they first met face to face.

"Well, sometimes. I only ever turn a sketch into a full painting when inspiration really strikes me. Most of my sketches, just stay sketches." Soarin said as he continued slipping through all the sketches. Eventually, he landed on the sketch he had regretted not ripping up, the sketch of Vapor Trail.

"Woah, who is that and why is she in there?" Rainbow asked as she swiped the sketchbook out of his hooves. Soarin awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck as Rainbow Dash's face went from one of confusion, to one of anger.

"Who is she?!" Dash angrily asked.

"That's....and old sketch I made, back when I was with my old marefriend, Vapor Trail." Soarin said slowly, hoping that Dash would calm down. Dash did indeed calm down.

"What happened with you two?" Dash asked. Soarin sighed as he grabbed the sketchbook back, ripped out the sketch, and shredded it to pieces.

"She decided to be with another stallion, said I wasn't good enough. I thought she was the one." Soarin said sadly before turning to Dash and putting a hoof around her. "But, then I found you." Soarin said before planting a kiss on her cheek.

Dash smiled as she snuggled closer to his embrace. Soarin, while still holding her close, flipped to an empty page in his sketch book and began to make a sketch of the clearing they were in. Dash watched his movements carefully, the way he smoothly using his wing to move the pencil around the paper, creating an image that was striking with detail of and smoothness.

"You're a good drawer, I'm surprised you didn't get a cutie mark for art." Dash said, impressed with Soarin's work.

"Yeah, well, I didn't get into drawing until after I got my cutie mark." Soarin smiled as he remembered getting his mark. "I'll never forget my mom's face when I showed her. That was the most she ever smiled, or ever would smile for that matter." Soarin said sadly again. Dash brushed her hoof across his cheek in an attempt to comfort him as his happiness faded.

"What happened to her?" Dash asked. Soarin held her closer and sighed.

"She got sick, some kind of disease she got while working for Night Stalker. Some kind of sexually transmitted disease." Soarin explained. Rainbow gasped and held him closer.

"I'm sorry I brought it Up, I..." Dash was cut off as Soarin kissed her on the lips. Dash melted into the kiss, wishing that it would never end. Eventually, the two had to stop for air, and Dash gave Soarin a confused look.

"It's fine, in fact, it's nice to have a pony who at least can be concerned. Besides Thunderlane, Rumble and Fleetfoot, the rest of the Shadowbolts don't give a flying feather." Soarin said. Rainbow gave Soarin another peck on the cheek before glancing at his sketchbook, and she got an idea.

"Oh, I have a great idea for a sketch." Rainbow said as she slipped out of his embrace slowly.

"Do tell." Soarin said intrigued. Rainbow then flew up into the air, her back to the sun, causing an amazing image to come into Soarin's mind. Rainbow, hovering above the clearing, directly in front of the setting sun, with rays shooting out around her, making her look like an angel sent from above.

"Sketch me." Dash said simply, striking a pose in midair. Soarin, now full of inspiration, swiftly nodded, and started drawing the sight in front of him.

After a while of hovering while Soarin sketched, Rainbow began to tire out, but she knew that she could handle it, if not for herself for him. Luckily, Soarin stopped sketching and waved for her to fly down to him. Rainbow flew down to him and he unveiled the sketch to her. Rainbow covered her mouth in shock.

Despite the lack of color, the sketch still looked incredible, and it took up nearly the entire page.

"Soarin, this......this is Awesome!" Rainbow said ecstatically before kissing him again.

"Thanks, but it's not done yet." Soarin said with a smile. Rainbow was at first confused, but then realized what he meant.

"You don't mean....?" Rainbow started, Soarin nodded, confirming her suspicion.

"I think it'd look much better on a canvas with some color, don't you?" Soarin asked. Rainbow nodded and the two embraced once again.

"I'll start on it first thing tomorrow." Soarin said.


"Unfortunately, the passage of time caught up with the couple, and dusk began to set in, and the two pegasi flew back to their separate worlds.

When Soarin arrived back at the Shadowbolts manor, he didn't even bother walking in the front door, instead, he just went in through the small window to his room in the basement. He quickly ripped out the sketch of Rainbow Dash in the clearing and pinned it to his inspiration board where a number of his more important sketches were, most of them having already been turned into paintings.

Soarin began to rummage around through his room, eventually finding his paints and brushes and other art tools, but unfortunately, he was missing quite a few things, including certain paint colors and a canvas.

"I'll have to pick some up tomorrow." Soarin said, writing down a note to remind himself. He then flopped onto his bed to get some shuteye.

"She's going to love this painting." Soarin said to himself as he dozed off.


Rainbow Dash approached the front door to the Wonderbolts Manor when she was stopped by one of the two stallions she was beginning to feel more than uncomfortable around. Lightning Streak stood in front of the door, blocking her way, and giving her a death glare that he had been giving her for the past week.

"Let me in Lightning! I don't know what your problem is, but you can tell your brother that he can get bent, I'm not interested." Rainbow said angrily, thinking he was doing a favor for Fire Streak. Lightning chuckled.

"Fire isn't the one getting bent, you are." Lightning said with a wicked and smug grin. Rainbow gasped and frowned.

"What are you talking about Lightning?" Rainbow asked angrily. Lightning then stepped closer, looming over her.

"I know about you and that Shittybolt Soarin. I saw you the night of the party, and I know about your little affair." Lightning said threateningly. Rainbow stepped back, trying to find a way out of this situation.

"I...I don't know what your talking about...Who?" Rainbow lied, not very well though.

"Look, I haven't told Solar Storm yet, or anypony for that matter, but, if you don't break it off with that douche, then I will tell somepony. Don't make me do something both of us might regret." Lightning explained threateningly before stepping off the porch and walking off, mumbling under his breath.

Rainbow Dash quickly ran inside and made her way up to her room where Blaze was waiting. Blaze quickly noticed Dash's worried expression and went to comfort her.

"What's wrong Dash? Did things not work out with Soarin?" Blaze asked quietly. Dash shook her head.

"Lightning Streak know about me and Soarin. He's threatening to expose us if I don't break it off with him. And I don't know what to do!" Dash explained. Blaze continued to comfort her as she tried to think of something she could do.

"Dash, I need to know something." Blaze said. Rainbow looked up and wiped the tears from her eyes. "What?" Rainbow asked.

"Who do you love more, Soarin, or the Wonderbolts?" Blaze asked. Rainbow then found herself tripping over her words as a lump formed in her throat. This was a question she was not prepared for.

"I....I....I don't know. I love the Wonderbolts, you guys are practically my family! But, when I'm with Soarin, I feel, complete. Like my life has become better when he's around, and in the short time I've known him, he's been one of the best things to happen to me. But, if your asking me to choose, I don't know what to do." Rainbow stuttered out, more tears forming in her eyes.

"It's okay Dash, I know it's hard to choose, so just give it some time to think about it. All I can say is, choose what will make you the happiest, I don't really care, as long as you're still my friend. Maybe you should talk to Fluttershy about it tomorrow, maybe she could tell you some advice." Blaze explained. Rainbow smiled and wiped her eyes again.

"Thanks Blaze, for being so supportive." Rainbow said, hugging her.

"It's what friends are for." Blaze said, hugging back.