• Published 2nd May 2019
  • 1,170 Views, 36 Comments

The Blood Feud - CeasarTwain31



In the midst of a feud between two rival groups, two ponies challenge that feud when they fall in love.

  • ...
2
 36
 1,170

Having Some Fun

Soarin sat in the front courtyard of the Shadowbolt mansion with his sketchbook in his hooves and a pencil in a wing. He was focusing on a spot on the edge of the courtyard where 2 large trees parted to reveal a small clearing just beyond them, and it was something that Soarin thought was good enough to draw.

One of the few things that Soarin could remember about his mom was that she loved art, and whenever she could, she would provide Soarin with art supplies to create his own works of art, and that's exactly what Soarin did.

As much as he loved flying fast and being free in the air, he loved art, and more specifically, drawing. He had a large collections of sketches, drawings, and even paintings in his room and the rest of the house. Night Stalker even hung one of his paintings in the main hall, depicting a ship sailing on the ocean during a thunderstorm with a large lightning bolt striking it. Although, the rest of the Shadowbolts weren't very pleased with Soarin's skills in the arts, they rarely ever complemented him on his works. The only ones who ever did were Thunderlane and Rumble.

Speaking of whom, as Soarin sketched the trees at the edge of the courtyard, we saw Thunderlane, Fleetfoot, and Rumble approaching. Rumble was 16 and extremely energetic for doing crazy things. He was already flying fast, and he had already won in a fight against a Wonderbolt who was 3 years older than him.

Thunderlane sat down next to Soarin and playfully slapped him on the head.

"Another commission from the great "Soarindor Dali?" Thunderlane asked sarcastically. Fleetfoot audibly groaned.

"If you make another pun like that Thunder, I will break you." Fleetfoot said. Thunderlane smirked.

"Breaking me never stops me, and you know it Fleet." Thunderlane said. Soarin sighed.

"What do you guys want? I'm busy." Soarin said annoyed.

"We want to get you out of this sinker of sorrow you've found yourself in." Thunderlane said as he snatched the sketchbook out of Soarin's grasp and kept it out of his reach. Soarin frowned.

"Give it Back! What are you even talking about?" Soarin asked as he made a reach for the sketchbook, only for Thunderlane to toss it to Rumble. Rumble began to flip through the sketchbook until landing on a specific sketch.

"We mean, getting you over Vapor Trail." Rumble said, showing the sketch, which was of him and Vapor Trail in the center of a broken heart. "Man, you're emo." Fleetfoot chuckled after seeing the sketch. Soarin quickly grabbed the sketchbook from Rumble.

"I don't need to get over her, I'm fine." Soarin argued.

"No you're not, you've been wallowing in your own misery for weeks now. You need to get out there and find another piece of tail that will take your breath away." Thunderlane said suggestively, making Soarin blush slightly.

"And boy, do we have a plan for you." Fleetfoot said. Soarin rolled his eyes and went with it.

"What's the plan then?" Soarin asked. The three all smiled at eachother before Thunderlane responded.

"We're gonna go and crash the Wonderbolt's Summer Sun Celebration. We're gonna get wasted, and you're gonna get laid, that's the plan." Thunderlane said, then hoofbumping Fleetfoot.

"The party at the Wonderbolts Mansion? That's a terrible idea." Soarin argued.

"C'mon Soarin, don't be a stick in the mud, we're gonna have a great time, we just gotta be discrete." Thunderlane said. This made Rumble chuckle, Thunderlane turned and glared at his brother.

"What's so funny bro?" Thunderlane asked. Rumble chuckled again.

"You, Thunderlane, are the last pony I would ever think to be discrete." Rumble mocked. Fleetfoot nodded.

"Yeah, remember when you tried to get us beers with your fake I.D?" Fleetfoot said. This made Soarin laugh for the first time in weeks. He recalled Thunderlane getting kicked out of the store after trying to lay on a voice that was so fake, literally anypony could tell he wasn't actually 21.

"I've learned since then, and the party is going to be a masquerade, so all we need are some masks and we're in the clear to make that party actually interesting. Besides, the entire town is already going, so why shouldn't we?" Thunderlane explained.

"So, are you in Soarin?" Rumble asked. Soarin thought about it. It sounded like a stupid idea. One slip up, and all of them would get a one-way ticket to a beatdown. But, they were right about his sadness over Vapor Trail, so going to a night and getting shitfaced actually sounded appealing at this point.

"Alright, I'll go." Soarin said. The other three cheered and Thunderlane put a hoof on Soarin's back.

"Trust me dude, this party is gonna change your life, trust me." Thunderlane said.

"It better." Soarin though to himself.