• Published 2nd May 2019
  • 1,153 Views, 36 Comments

The Blood Feud - CeasarTwain31



In the midst of a feud between two rival groups, two ponies challenge that feud when they fall in love.

  • ...
2
 36
 1,153

Afterparty

What started out as a relatively boring and unpleasant night for Soarin and Rainbow Dash, transformed into a night that both enjoyed immensely. After ditching the party to hang out away from the loud, obnoxious, and aggravating party, they started hanging out in a small field away from the chaos.

The night started out with just some chatting while they stargazed into the beautiful night. They shared stories of their childhoods, their interests, and their hobbies, and found they shared a few interests such as flying, food, and sleeping.

After good while just talking, they went for a flight together, making sure to fly over the uninhabited parts to avoid being spotted by anypony who wouldn't approve of them flying together. The calm flight eventually turned into a race back to the field, which Dash won and effectively showed Soarin her bragging side by rubbing her victory in his face somewhat, not that he minded.

Eventually, after a few hours spent together, they found themselves once again, laying in the center of the field, staring at the night sky. Both were lying on their backs, with Dash snuggled close to Soarin, with her head on his chest. Soarin softly stroked his hoof through her mane, thinking of something to say.

"How are ya feeling Dash?" Soarin whispered, slightly cautious that she might be asleep. Dash yawned before responding.

"Great, just a bit confused." Dash said. Soarin lifted his head up.

"Why?" Soarin asked. Rainbow tilted her head up to face Soarin directly, staring into his eyes again.

"I've spent my entire life being told by everyone I knew that all Shadowbolts were terrible ponies, my parents, my friends, everypony. But, you aren't like that, at all." Rainbow said. Soarin smiled at this.

"I can say the same about you Dash." Soarin said before leaning forward and pressing his lips to hers. This caught Rainbow a little off guard, but she quickly returned the kiss. After breaking the kiss, the two stared at eachother again for a few short moments before Soarin spoke.

"Do you believe in fate Dash?" Soarin asked. Rainbow raised an eyebrow.

"Fate? What do you mean?" Dash asked.

"Like, everything that happens is beyond our control. I think fate brought us together. Because, when we first met on that dance floor, I accidentally bumped into you, but maybe that was meant to happen, to bring us together, and I've never felt this way before towards another pony before. I think I love you, Rainbow Dash." Soarin said. Rainbow Dash smiled and kissed him again.

"I think I love you too." Dash said. Soarin grinned and kissed her again. Suddenly, the sound of a distant chiming of a bell brought them out of their embrace. "Midnight." Soarin thought. Soarin stood up, and helped Rainbow up as well.

"I'm sorry, I need to get back home, Night Stalker told all Shadowbolts to be back a little after midnight." Soarin explained. Rainbow Dash nodded in understanding.

"It's okay, I should probably get back too, Blaze is probably starting to get worried." Rainbow said. "Wanna, get together again sometime soon?"

"Of course, we just need to keep this secret, for now anyway." Soarin said. Dash nodded before embracing Soarin once more. She then kissed him again.

"See ya later." Dash said after breaking the kiss. She then turned and flew off into the sky.

Soarin smiled as he watched her fly off before eventually flying off himself.


Soarin landed at the front courtyard of the Shadowbolts mansion and quickly made his way inside. He headed for the door to the basement, but he was stopped by a familiar voice.

"There's our little player!" Thunderlane shouted. Soarin turned and saw Thunderlane, Blossomforth, and Rumble sitting at the dining table. Thunderlane's suit jacket looked ruined, as did Blossomforth's dress, and Rumble was drooling in the table.

"What's wrong with Rumble?" Soarin asked as he walked into the dining room.

"Fleetfoot decided to spike the non-alcoholic punch with Ecstasy shortly after you left, unfortunately, she didn't warn Rumble in time, and he had some of it." Thunderlane explained. Rumble then let out a giggle. "He should be fine in the morning." Blossomforth said.

"So anyway, how was your night?" Thunder asked Soarin, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh...well, it was....uh, okay, I guess." Soarin answered as casually and unimpressed as possible.

"Really? I was certain you were gonna get lucky tonight, I mean, I sure did." Thunder said nudging Blossom slightly. Blossom rolled her eyes and slightly smacked Thunder in the muzzle. "She's worth it." Thunder whispered to Soarin.

"Well, I'm tired, so I'm just gonna go to bed." Soarin said as he turned back towards the basement door.

Soarin went down to his basement room and flopped onto his bed, his mind only filled with thoughts of Dash. Her eyes, her mane, her voice, almost everything about her made Soarin smile, even just thinking about her, and knowing that she felt the same way about him made him even happier.

"I'm so glad I went to that party." Soarin said to himself as he began to doze off.


Rainbow Dash entered the Wonderbolt compound through the front door, as she could still hear the party happening out back. She immediately moved to head upstairs and go to bed, but was unfortunately stopped in the hallway by a very intoxicated Fire Streak.

"Heeeey Dash. Listen, I just wanted to apologize for that whole thing o-on....the dance floor earlier." Fire Streak slurred out, while struggling to stay upright. Dash rolled her eyes at this sad excuse for a stallion.

"Yeah, apology not excepted, now I want you and your brother to leave me and Blaze alone, okay?" Dash said sternly before pushing past him and going down the hallway.

She could hear him mumble something under his breath, but Rainbow Dash had no more patience to deal with anymore of Fire Streak's bullshit tonight. She walked upstairs and finally made it to her room. She entered and saw Blaze sitting at her desk brushing her hair.

"Hey Dash!" Blaze said as Rainbow walked over to her bed and flopped down on it. Blaze stopped brushing and turned to Dash.

"So, how did tonight go with that Stallion?! Tell me everything! Is he a good flier? Does he like stunts? Is he nice?..." Blaze began, bombarding Dash with questions, questions that Dash really didn't want to answer.

"Can I just go to bed Blaze? I'm tired." Dash said as she rolled over. Blaze then rolled Dash back over.

"No, I want to know how tonight went." Blaze whined. Dash then sighed.

"You aren't going to stop until I tell you, are you?" Dash asked with a deadpan tone. Blaze shook her head with a grin on her face.

Dash then sat up and placed her hooves on Blaze's and looked her straight in the eyes.

"Blaze, you are one of my closest friends, and I trust you, but I need you to promise, to not tell anypony what I'm about to tell you, do you understand?" Dash asked with a serious look on her face. Blaze's expression then turned from one of excitement, to one of confusion and concern, then fear.

"He didn't take advantage of you, did he?" Blaze asked worryingly. Dash's eyes then went wide.

"No.. not at all! I had an amazing time with him. In fact, he's wonderful, he's the exact opposite of the Streak brothers." Rainbow said. Blaze then raised her eyebrow.

"Then, why do we have to keep it a secret?" Blaze asked.

"The stallion I met tonight, his name is Soarin." Dash said. Blaze gasped, and looked like she was about to start shouting, but Dash covered her mouth before she could say anything.

"Please, just hear me out, and don't freak out, okay? Dash asked softly. Blaze slowly nodded and Dash removed her hoof from covering her mouth. Dash then retold the entire sequence of events that night to Blaze, and told her how different Soarin was to what she had been told Shadowbolts were like.

"He was so nice, and I think I love him Blaze." Dash said at the end of her retelling of events. The expression on Blaze's face was one of intrigue and confusion. Dash's expression saddened upon seeing Blaze's face.

"You're not mad, are you?" Dash asked sadly.

"No, no I'm not, I'm just surprised, and a little worried." Blaze responded with a short hug. "You sure your relationship can work?" Blaze asked. Rainbow shrugged.

"We don't know, and we don't care." Dash responded.

"Well, if you love him, and he loves you as much as you say he does, then I'll keep your secret safe." Blaze said reassuringly. Dash smiled upon hearing this and hugged Blaze.

"Thank you." Dash said as she hugged Blaze.

"Are you going to tell Flutters or Scoot?" Blaze asked. Rainbow Dash slightly gasped upon hearing the question. She wasn't sure how to break this news to anypony, let alone Fluttershy or Scootaloo. But if Blaze could keep this secret safe, so could Fluttershy and Scootaloo.

"I'll tell them tomorrow, but remember, not telling anypony, okay?" Rainbow reminded Blaze. Blaze nodded and walked back over to her own bed.

"Thanks again Blaze." Dash said quietly.

"No problem Dash." Blaze said with a grin before getting into her bed and turning of the light.

Rainbow Dash smiled as she closed her eyes, her head filled with visions of Soarin. She couldn't wait to see him again.