• Published 16th Aug 2012
  • 3,267 Views, 91 Comments

The Black Cello Mafia - WolfOblivion



Octavia loses work in pubs due to prohibition of alcohol, joins Mafia.

  • ...
6
 91
 3,267

Act 2: The Mare About Town and The Manehattan P.D.

The Black Cello Mafia

Act 2: The Mare About Town and the Manehattan P.D.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 25th

Octavia winced as three bullet holes punched through the wall the right herself.

Octavia threw open the chamber of Buck, wincing in pain as the vibration from the gun hit the bullet wound in her leg. Dumping the bullet casings behind her, she quickly loaded six more bullets into the revolver. Ready on her haunches, Octavia shoved her bleeding shoulder into the wall as she popped over the wall. Octavia saw the Pegasus reloading his pistol, and aimed for his head, hearing the blissful crack of bullet piercing skull. Blood lined the wall to the right in the cinderblock warehouse the deal for import alcohol was supposed to take place, when a team of Pegasi Mafia crashed through the window. All of the zebras dead, one Earth pony besides Octavia, and two more Pegasi.

Octavia crouched back down as bullets flew over her head. The earth pony at the far left of the warehouse was hiding behind wooden crates, reloading a shotgun. Octavia blind fired at the Pegasi, giving the shot gunner some suppressive fire, and hoping that he would take the chance. Octavia looked over the wall when she heard two rapid booms from the left. The mare Octavia was suppressing had been falling down with blood squirting over her cover, two giant holes in her chest. The last Pegasus was in the top right corner, reloading his own shotgun. Octavia holstered Buck, and galloped towards him, wincing every time her right front leg touched the ground.

That fucker shot me in the leg! Octavia thought while running faster through the pain. The other Earth pony was firing a pistol he had picked up from the dead stallion Octavia killed, distracting the Pegasus from the rage filled Octavia. Octavia rounded the bend that lead on a straight away towards the Pegasus, and Octavia looked at him in disgust.

Reaching the small crates that had bordered the other side from the Pegasus, Octavia leaped high in the air, brought back down on to her hooves, and charged the now aware Pegasus. Octavia bared her teeth as she cocked her hoof, and smashed the stallion right in the snout, breaking his nose.

Octavia picked the stallion up from the floor, and shoved him into the wall, punching her mercilessly. Octavia pulled her hoof back to look at the stallions face. Blood was pouring out of booth his mouth and nose, and his snout was showing signs of being twisted.

“Come on Octavia, finish the guy already.” Pulling out Buck, Octavia shoved it in the stallions temple, and pulled the trigger.

Octavia turned her head, staring daggers into the stallion’s eyes. The stallion straightened up in fear, quickly shutting his mouth. Octavia’s eyes looked slugged, eye lids half over them. Turning her gaze from the stallion to the dead zebras, she silently skulked away, and picked up the metal case with her mouth. Putting it away in to her saddlebags, she kept walking. “Come on, Filthy is waiting for us.” She said coldly without stopping or turning her head. The stallion gulped and followed, keeping his distance from the deadly mare out into the sunny outskirts of Manehattan.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Wonderful Octavia dear, wonderful!” Filthy Rich praised as he walked around his desk. “Bringing back the alcohol, AND the money!” Octavia sat silently beside the stallion that kept darting his gaze to Octavia. Head still filled with anger, Octavia nodded at his approval.

“Well here you go, each of you 500 bits.” Filthy Rich pulled out two bags, dropping one at each of the ponies’ hooves. The stallion picked his up and hurried out of the door. Octavia put hers away, turning her head back to Rich for the business he had promised after the deal.

“Right, now, today was supposed to be your first day for advanced training, but with that wound, you won’t be able to for an entire week. So, on the 30th, we have a course to run for a specialized mission on Nightmare Night. Now I want you to rest until then. Go have a drink and get that wound patched up, see you on Tuesday.” Filthy Rich finished, returning to the chair behind his desk.

Octavia nodded again and walked out of the door into the large hallway of the apartment building. Octavia pushed the button to go down from the 30th floor and lobby. Standing up, Octavia winced as she put too much pressure on her wounded leg, and looked down at the closing hole. “Oh, right.” Octavia said solemnly. That’s why. I really flew into a fit of rage didn’t I?

Octavia put her mind to rest on the way home inside of the carriage outside of the lobby. Arriving at the Speak down the street from her house, she walked up to mugs and ordered a whisky. “Oh, and the nurse please.” Octavia said as Mugs came back with her drink.

“Why?” Mugs asked with worry. Octavia put her leg on the table, showing the red bullet wound. “Sweet Celestia.” Mugs muttered as he walked away.

The nurse came and pulled out the bullet as Octavia drank to pass the time. Now fully patched and slightly drunk, Octavia staggered home as the sun sank, and flopped down on her bed. Fatigue over taking her, she drifted into sleep.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 26th

“Octavia, I want ya to come see me.” Applejack said over the phone that woke Octavia from deep sleep.

“Alright, I don’t have to do anything ‘till the 30th, see you in a bit.” Octavia hung up the phone, and put on a sweatshirt. Nothing formal like her suit, but still…clothing. Stepping out into the raining streets of Manehattan, she walked into the warm Speak only down the street. A different bartender was at the bar, and Octavia walked up and asked for a whisky.

“Little early for hard alcohol missy?” The masculine bartender asked.

Octavia stared at the bartender. “Do you want me to put a bullet in your kneecap?”

The bartender shut his mouth with a loud snap. He nodded as he walked away, and came back with a glass of scotch. Octavia nodded, putting five bits on the table and walked up to Applejacks office. Octavia opened the door, and found Applejack on the ground. She was sitting down, a circle of papers around, most with text, but some with ponies she could only deem to have some sort of political value. Applejack had her back to Octavia, and still did when she closed the door. Octavia walked to the green couch, and sat down drinking her scotch. Applejack was frantically looking around at the set of papers in front of her, pushing some out of the way to reveal ones behind them.

“Uh…Applejack?” Octavia called her name as she pushed two papers out of the circle.

“SHHHH….” Was Applejack said.

Octavia sat back with a huff, and took buck from the holster. As Octavia studied the gun for about the fiftieth time, Applejack had been pushing papers around. For about twenty minutes it went on, and Applejack stood up. Octavia had long finished her scotch, and had fallen asleep with Buck resting on her chest. Applejack walked over and gave her a sharp poke in the ribs, causing Octavia to act on newly formed instincts, pulling Buck from her chest and aiming it at Applejacks head.

Octavia huffed as she put Buck back in it’s holster. “Don’t do that Applejack, I would’ve blown your head off.”

“Yeah, well ah finished.” Applejack said as she slowly walked back to the centre of the circle. Sitting back down in the circle, Octavia stood up and looked at the three papers that were left on the inner circle.

“What is all this?” Octavia asked with a heightened sense of curiosity.

“Well, it’s simply just organizing some of Filthy Rich’s hit list, but it’s also for my own personal gain.” Applejack told her face front.

“Hit list? Like, people he’s been hired to kill or people he wants to kill himself?”

Applejack nodded. “Yes for both and one more. Many ponies want others dead, and they come to him as well as others for assassinations. The outer circle is people Filthy that had been hired to assassinate, and the ponies in that circle are the ponies that have some connection to him in some way. All are bad. A Mafia boss makes ridiculous amounts of enemies.” Applejack finished.

Octavia nodded. “And the inner circle? What’s that?” Two of the ponies was earth, the other two Unicorn: A yellow mare with green hair and three pastries as a cutie mark; the unicorns were both yellow, both had red hair, one mustache, hats and clothes, and apples for cutie marks; and a similar colored stallion with a Stetson hat over yellow and orange hair, vest, and a single red apple as a cutie mark.

Applejack's expression hardened but was filled with suppressed anger. “Ponies on the hit list who have connections to me. Now these two,” Applejack said pointing to the green mare and the Stetson hat. “Are family. Someone has put hits on them, but I don’t know who. But these two unicorns? They’ve screwed me over in the past. I’m the one who put the hit on them.”

“Why put a hit on them?” Octavia asked sitting down now.

“We just had another deal, this time I had precautions if they went foul. But they had an unexpected weapon among them. They had a Unicorn cop there who was skilled with magic, and they did a sting together. They killed all of my people there, and took the drinks with them. And now I need the hit on them.” Applejack finished.

“Okay. So I get all that. But why am I here?”

“Well, I need you to be the one for the hit.” Applejack revealed.
Octavia stared at Applejack and shook her head. “I can’t! Not only am I wounded with my shooting leg, plus, I can’t walk up to Filthy demanding payment for taking the hit on them!”

“You won’t be the one to tell him. It will be me, but you are going to kill them, drop off something to show recognition to me, I go give it to filthy. I come back, and I pay you for the job.” Applejack explained.
Octavia chuckled. “I’m not really in need of money right now.”

Applejack turned her entire body around. “Octavia please, do this for me if not the money? What they’re doing is all going against the business anyway.” Applejack asked, pleading shown through her eyes.

Octavia looked away for a minute. If I take this job, I might get hurt since I’m not exactly agile on my hooves. Octavia thought on it until she decided that if it was for Applejack at least, she would do it.

“Alright fine. I’ll do it for you.” Octavia agreed with a sigh.

Applejack got up and hugged her. “Thanks hun. Now, they have an apartment on 82nd and Pearl Street, the apartment is 423. Kill them anyway you want.” Applejack told Octavia the location.

Octavia nodded as Applejack followed her down the stairs and gave her good luck. The city was still in a down pour, and Octavia shrugged her hood on as she trotted back home to suit up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Octavia stood outside of apartment building 432. She walked up now donned in her still bloody suit, and read the names on the list of buzzers until she found ‘Flim and Flam’. Disregarding the buzzer, she walked into the door to the lobby, and took the three flights of stairs to the hallway that held their door. Reaching the door, Octavia could hear distant and in audible arguing in the background. Octavia thought of how she should do this, and went with the first thing to come to her mind. Lining up behind a locker that was next to the door, she loudly knocked, causing both ponies to stop talking. Octavia dashed behind the locker, pulling out Buck and flipping it to hold it by the barrel.

A stallion with a mustache opened the door, first looking in Octavia’s direction, then looking in the other. Quickly taking her chance, Octavia lept from her cover, and pistol whipped the pony in the center of his head, causing him to be knocked out. The other stallion stood there, but yelled “OH SHIT.” As he galloped away. Octavia leaped over the knocked out Unicorn, and dodged quickly when a bullet was fired spastically above her head. Diving behind a couch to the wall, Octavia flipped Buck to its handle, and blind fired two suppressive shots as she ran to the hallway entry. Watching as two shots from the stallion passed by, Octavia ducked down, crawling along the dark hallway wall. He’s in another room.

Two doors on each wall, one was opened. Octavia stood against the siding of the open door. She peaked into the safe side, seeing the shades down on the windows. Octavia spied the light bulb up on the ceiling, and shot at it, causing the room to darken and the stallion to cry out. Octavia quickly darted inside, bracing up against a desk that was to the right of the door. The stallion was still, but Octavia could hear he was panicking from his sporadic breathing. He was standing all the way in front of Octavia, against the wall. He walked slowly towards the door, but broke into a run. Octavia quickly shot him in the leg, making him buckle and hit his head on a coffee table. What an odd layout for a room. A desk that isn’t against a wall, a bed in the middle of the room, and a coffee table jutting from out of nowhere? What the hell.

Octavia walked up to the unconscious pony, taking his pistol and shooting him in the temple. Tracking back to the other stallion, she dragged him into the living room along with the other, and shot him in the same spot with his brother’s gun. Placing the gun at their hooves, Octavia walked out of the house in a hurry, shutting the door behind her. Octavia glanced at a slightly open door on the other end of the hall, but seeing the lights out she shook her head, and trotted down and outside on the streets, hoping to not get noticed. Trotting back into the sea of ponies, Octavia heard the sirens as she got farther and farther away from the dead bodies she had made.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Octavia sat inside of Applejacks office, waiting for her to finish her call with Filthy Rich profaning the death of Flim and Flam, and to take down the job offer.

“Yes, ah sent someone personally to do it. Goodbye.” Applejack hung up the converstation. “Well, I thank ya Octavia. You did me a real favor.” Applejack thanked Octavia as she walked up to her.

Octavia slid off of the chair to stand with Applejack. “Here you go, 300 bits for your job well done.”

Octavia thanked Applejack and put the bag of bits away in her filling saddlebags. “Now I know ya weren’t supposed to be out on your leg, so go rest up, you deserve it.” Applejack said turning Octavia towards the door. Octavia yawned in response, and headed to her house.

Climbing into her cold but comfortable bed, Octavia listened to the rain hitting the window, slowly drifting off into sleep.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, here you go, the new act. I realize that this chapter is rather un-satisfying, but it was rushed to make the dead line before the new school year, so i didn't have much time.

Wednesday i start school again, and i will start on the new chapter. Chapter on will be exciting, since i am giving it all i can. It's gonna be great.

Thanks for reading!