• Published 16th Aug 2012
  • 3,267 Views, 91 Comments

The Black Cello Mafia - WolfOblivion



Octavia loses work in pubs due to prohibition of alcohol, joins Mafia.

  • ...
6
 91
 3,267

Chapter 4: Requiem

The Black Cello Mafia
Chapter 4: Requiem

Octavia stood by the corner of Faust, looking around her surroundings. Carriages and ponies moved about the city as they always did, yet there was an odd tint of darkness to Octavia. As though a filer had been placed over her vision, and it bugged her. She didn't understand, yet decided to ignore it. Now looking for the apartment building 30th, she pondered what the mysterious pony wanted with her. She couldn't come up with a reasonable explanation, things were happening to fast for her mind to calm down and think about the approaching matters that had surfaced everyday.

"There it is." Octavia exclaimed aloud as she spotted a unkempt bronze 30 by a door.

The door belonged to a one story building with glossy and cracked windows that shown a firm layer of dust. Most of the metal architecture that took place on the building was rusted and worn out, showing years of neglect. Shrugging, Octavia twisted the door knob on the door, which rustled around inside of its socket. The door creaked slowly open, making Octavia's spine shiver at the shrill noise. Looking back behind her and to her sides one more time, Octavia ducked into the building.

Though the building was only one story, the actual vastness impressed Octavia. It looked like a small garage, appropriate for carriage repairs. But the odd thing was; there was no shutter doors for it. No jacks to raise a carriage, nothing at all to give the building a set in time and occupation. Besides a small desk with a desk lamp besides it. Ignoring the majority of the building, Octavia trotted over to the desk to investigate.

A small leather bound book was among the center with a uncapped feather next to it. A whiskey glass stood out from the desk, a little bit of brown liquid still in place. Octavia took one more wide glance around the room before sitting in the desk chair beside her. Opening the book, Octavia read the first entry.

Whas te day? I'm non sure. This crzay blu maned mar is holing a gun to my hed. I tink im gonna pass-

And that's where it ended. Flipping to the next page, Octavia read the next entry, which was fortunately more coherent.

November 2nd

I woke up on the bed on the wall. A note was left for me by that mare saying that the drug she made me take caused me to lose thought process. Don't really understand, but I guess that's the only reason why the first entry had been so lazy. This mare kidnapped me, threatening to kill the family If i didn't tell her the secrets to Filthy Rich's plans. I didn't even know he had plans aside from running the goods. Should he really be in charge here? He could be putting us in danger. If that mare ever comes back, I'll punch her teeth in until she tells me what the hell is going on!

Next entry. Before reading, Octavia wondered who this pony was. It was obviously a earth Mafia member, but why would they have information?

November 3rd

The mare is letting me go out to do her dirty work. She's allowed me out of the basement and dragged a desk in this rotting place for me to use. She wants me to kill Berry Punch, an executive of our Mafia. She threatened to kill my sister if I didn't follow her orders. I don't want to do it, but I need to. Shouldn't be hard though, I never really liked that drunk, always being rude all the time. Anyway, she set a meeting with me later today to explain what was going on after negotiating some terms before she left. Always climbing through the skylight. Whats odd to me though, is why does she want Berry dead? What purpose does that have?

"What?!" Octavia said a little above an inside voice. "Why do these ponies drop off like flies?" So far two executive's dropped off the face of the earth, and not by her hooves. Something else was at play here, something a little bit bigger than her. She flipped to the next entry, which was the last.

November 3

The mare explained everything to me. I can never go back to my normal life. Every pony thinks I'm dead in a gutter somewhere, my family, the Mafia, even my old friends. She drugged me, making me pass out on the street, she said it stopped my heart for a short period of time. She came back for me in the morgue, pulling me out to take me here just to do her work. I need to tell some pony. The last pony i can trust.

Octavia read the entry again and again, making a connection In her mind.

"Dead in the gutter....Passed out in the street...that means!"

"Hello Octavia." A voice sounded behind the joyful mare. Whipping around and dropping out of the chair in one move, Octavia stood face to face with Applejack.

"Applejack!" Octavia exclaimed. "You're alive!"

Applejack couldn't stop from smiling, walking over to the jaw dropped mare and pulling her into a hug.

=-=-=-=-=

After moving into the basement, the two mares talked.

"So wait," Octavia began. "You didn't really die?"

Applejack nodded, sitting in a chair next to the bed. "She said that the drug she forced on me was made by some of the best scientists in Equestria. Something way past our time."

Octavia looked around the room. Bed strapped to the wall and a single light hung by the ceiling. The walls were glossy and smelt of mold, corroded around with a green film. It was honestly disgusting.

Applejack cleared her throat. "So what happened on Nightmare Night?"

Octavia looked back to Applejack with a guilty look in her eyes, feeling a little bit of shame that she had to explain her failure for the second time. After telling the story and adding her sighting of Applejack on the street, her friend had begun to grow a worried expression.

Applejack sighed. "Something else is going on, I can feel it. Can't you? It's like a strong and choking tension." Octavia nodded. She had felt stressed out and over-alerted for the past couple of days. Something bugged her way too much.

"So who is the mare that drugged you?"

Applejack shrugged. "I don't know. She wears red glasses and holds a muffler scarf over her snout. The only description i have is that she has white fur and blue hair. And as you can tell, this place is lit very well, so it's been hard trying to look at her." Finishing Applejack stood out of her chair and went back to the first floor.

Octavia followed, watching Applejack stand below the skylight.

"I can never go back now. Everypony thinks that I died, and the only way i can really stay alive is to live here. This mare is keeping me prisoner, threatening me with different things each time the subject of letting me go comes out. The only way I made it to the bar yesterday was because I slipped out while she was gone. So now all i can do is wait here until the mare kills me. I know she can do all the things she threatened, the night that we left the morgue she killed a lot of ponies." Applejack turned back to Octavia.

"Thanks for coming Octavia, this has helped me keep sane. So what do you do now?"

Octavia looked from her friend and up to the skylight, pondering what exactly was her plan. Surely kill the executives. Except for Applejack, the police already think she's dead. Aside from that, I need to find what these plans of Filthy are. It can't be good, can it?

"I'm gonna get you out of here Applejack." Octavia said, looking back to the orange mare.

Applejack smiled and nodded a nod of appreciation. "I'll be waitin'."

Octavia stood up. "I better get back to Filthy Rich. He called me earlier, saying that something big was going down and he wants me there."

With some final embraces and goodbyes, Octavia left the building on Faust street and headed down to Filthy Rich's office.

=-=-=-=-=

"The Royal ball?"

Octavia let her jaw sink down. After hearing Filthy Rich's operation, she felt a little out of her league.

"Yes Octavia, the Royal ball. This is where you will meet some of your fellow members and meet the other mafia's. I believe it's imperative you do this." Filthy Rich said, looking plainly at the pouting mare.

"But this isn't without reason. There are two objectives, so listen. Objective one: Acquire intelligence on the pegasi Mafia. They've been provoking us since day one, and our mole in the Mafia tells us that they are planning something. But before we could find out, the mole was snuffed out. So now, I need you to go there in your best dress and eavesdrop. Second objective: Kidnap prince Blueblood."

Octavia became so shocked from the outrageous order, all she could manage was "What?" In a high pitched voice.

Shaking her head, she collected herself. "Now Mr.Rich, I know i'm not supposed to question orders or you, but what the hell does capturing Blueblood have to do with anything!? WE DON'T DO THE ROYAL FAMILY!" Octavia rose her voice. Filthy opened his mouth to speak, but Octavia continued.

"THIS WILL GET US ALL KILLED, DO YOU UNDERSTAND? IT WILL GET ME EXECUTED!" Octavia now cleary had a face of rage. Filthy kept calm though, through the screaming he just looked her in the face.

"Why are you overreacting? The reason for kidnaping Blueblood is simple. Ransom." Filthy explained in a very nonchalant tone. Octavia calmed down, let her hackles rest, but was still thoroughly uneasy by the entire thing.

"I'm not an international spy Rich, It's not like i'm going to climb through vents."

Filthy Rich nodded. "I expect you not to, but if you have to, then you do. The ball is tomorrow, wear your prettiest dress and mingle. When you kidnap Blueblood, bring him out of the back. There will be a garden exit and a extraction carriage waiting for you and will bring you here where we will keep him in the basement. Now go, get ready for tomorrow night."

Octavia left for the police station in a huff, telling Red Dawn in his office that she needed to go for the next night.

"Whatever will keep you trusted Octavia." He gave as a response, turning to a small audio tape laying on his desk.

Octavia climbed into bed, growing doubtful of what should happen tomorrow night. The tension she felt constantly rising was only being amped by Filthy's plans.

"I need to take him down, or he will take all of us down." Octavia said before she violently passed out.

=-=-=-=-=

Alright, end of Act 2. Hope you enjoyed, took me awhile to write due to the hurricane through raping my transformer.

Thanks for reading!