• Published 16th Aug 2012
  • 3,267 Views, 91 Comments

The Black Cello Mafia - WolfOblivion



Octavia loses work in pubs due to prohibition of alcohol, joins Mafia.

  • ...
6
 91
 3,267

Chapter 6: The Fall: Part 3

The Black Cello Mafia
Chapter 6: The Fall: Part 3

Octavia's fur was caked with blood and sweat, clumped up in prickly spikes and giving her grey hue a darker matter of light. Wind blew through the blasted window into the disastrous office of the late Filthy Rich, sending the papers that Nero had blown out of the desk interior around the room in whirls, whisking across the four ponies that stood within the room. All eyes were fixed on Octavia, who steadily held the barrel of her gun against Nero's face, waiting for her to grant the pegasi's wish.

Pinkie shuddered and ground her teeth from a sudden vibration in the fire escape, looking down to see three police ponies two floors down from them.

"Shit. Applejack, look alive!" Pinkie called, swinging the shotgun that lay on her shoulder around and cocking the pump.

Applejack tore her eyes from the scene in the office to spot the police ponies, and pulled out the colt .45 that pinkie had given her on the walk to the building, following the pink mare down the steps. Soon the reached the police and unloaded on them, the bodies either flying off the fire escape of down the ladders.

"Okay, lets get back to-" Applejack was cut off when bullets came at them from an automatic. The fire was coming from the ground, giving them only one escape back into the building. Pinkie demolished the window with a shotgun shell, jumping in through to the 28th floor and into the fight.

Octavia paid almost no attention to the two mares as they watched her and Nero then descended back into chaos, focused entirely on the still smiling pegasus in front of her. Though all the concentration was broken again by the sound of a broken door. Nero silted his eyes and chuckled, pushing past Octavia and hovered directly outside of the window, excitedly flapping his wings. Octavia's heart sunk when Twilight and two of her police backups stepped into the view of the broken down door, all three looking down at the dead body of the police commissioner with deadened stares.

Twilight's eyes were huge with in their sockets at the scene, showing the lighting speed amount of thoughts and emotions running through her head. Slowly she looked up at the silent Octavia, the anger beginning to shift around her usual expression of steel. She reached Octavia and threw a punch directly into her jaw, shattering a section of the left side.

"You are under arrest for the murder of police Commissioner Red Dawn." Twilight forced Octavia onto the bloody desk to the side of Filthy RIch.

She could not fight back against Twilight, the task that the commissioner had given Octavia was equally burned into her mind as the dead body of her boss was, rifting all the values and goals she had come to desire away in current to do as Red Dawn had asked.

Nero began to openly laugh at the scene, his mane in a disheveled mess. All the ponies looked up at him, Twilight had pulled her handgun and opened fire. The amble pegasus easily dodged the bullet, causing him to laugh even harder.

"You'll see me again soon enough. Nothing can stop me now!" He screamed at them, swaying in the air to turn, blasting of at top speeds away in the Manehattan skyline.

Octavia sighed when she felt the cuffs lock on all four legs, looking down to see them magically sealed so that only a unicorn could unlock them. Feeling completely lost in the situation, Twilight shoved her out into the hall and into the elevator.

=-=-=-=-=

Applejack let the empty magazine of her handgun clatter to the floor to load another. Both her and pinkie were beginning to run out of ammo, though the fight was and the verge of ending. Only two more police were left among the dead bodies of their comrades and the mafia ponies. Blood was a mass on the current floor, seeping into the carpet to stain it more than it already had. The 28th floor was polluted with drawing tables full of incomplete sketches, prints on flat tables sitting next to paint. Applejack clung to the side of her half-destroyed drawing desk, letting out two bullets into the police pony, one completely missing and the other finding passage through the neck. Down the stallion went with blood arching down with him.

Pinkie had equally cleared the mare officer with pellet holes covering her upper half. The pink mare slumped down and fixed her slick mane out of her face, sighing of exhaustion.

"By Celestia's flank, I thought we were going to bite it there for sure. I've been away from this for so long. How much ammo you have left, Applejack?" Pinkie asked, setting her gun down.

"Going from your supply of magazines, this is the last one with thirteen bullets left. You?"

Pinkie reached behind her ear and pulled out a full carton of shells. She slid them out and loaded three into the under chamber. Applejack did not dare question the lack of logic behind it, instead putting the gun under her hat and stood up. The ex-party pony slung the shotgun over her shoulder and followed suit. Leaving the floor into a stair case, they descended in silence.

By the 23rd floor, Applejack broke the deafening lull.

"Did you notice that for almost all levels that we passed, the fighting stopped?" Pinkie nodded in response.

"The battle started two hours ago, if you count the first explosion the beginning." Pinkie sat a moment to light a cigarette in her mouth.

"So what do we do now? I honestly don't want to risk my life over a dying fight."

The apple pony stopped to think a moment, regret striking her expression. "Shit! We forgot about Octavia!"

Her companion looked around to find that they were already on the 23rd floor. "We're already on the twenty-third floor, I'd be damned if her or that crazy bastard pegasus aren't dead. My money's on the pegasus is lying with his head torn wide open." Pinkie said with a grin, moving her hooves to signify tearing something open.

That moment the lights went out and the elevators around them creaked with pain, and causing the two mares to look around in confusion.

"The police force must have shut the power." Applejack claimed, looking down at Pinkie who nodded in response.

The door that lead to the 23rd floor was blasted open, behind it the elevator doors screamed as they were forced open, Octavia and Twilight Sparkle tumbling out of the small crevice between the elevator and the doors. Spotting them, Applejack and Pinkie came out onto the floor to retrieve them from the fallout. Already on her hooves, Twilight drew her handgun with her hoof instead of her magic.

"Get back! I'll be forced to shoot..." Twilight let her voice trail off when she had a better look at the two criminals standing before her, silence over coming the situation.

All three ponies were subjected to a whirlwind of thoughts at the sight of each other, while Octavia sat confused as she watched the three mares stare at themselves.

"Pinkie...Applejack..." The unicorn let her gun descend to the ground, a bewildered expression dominating her face.

Pinkie had recovered from her small shock, locking her jaw in tense anger at the sight over her old friend. The pain of her betrayal coursing through her with raging speed, sending her into a silent rage yet to be unleashed.

Applejack shook her head in a quick fling, regaining thought process. "Okay, we can all yell at each other for the things that we've done in the past, but we have to get out."

Twilight fixed her gaze to the orange farm pony, beginning to shake her head. "No...I'm taking Octavia in for the murder of Red Dawn. I could do the same to you, but... " Again her sentence trailed off when Applejack gasped, the confused unicorn raising an eyebrow before being knocked out cold.

Behind the unconscious body of the detective Sparkle stood a heavy breathing Octavia, blood running down her forehead from the impact of her headbutt. Looking down from the unicorn up at her former boss and her assailant, she cocked her head. "Let's get out of here."

With Twilight on the back of Pinkie in the front, Octavia in the middle and Applejack taking the back, they had reached the lobby at the ground level of the office building. The police force were gathering completely devastated bodies in large piles and carrying them off in trucks, undoubtedly disposing of them before any type of press release was out or any pony coming to view the gruesome scene. The three mares stood in the darkness of the staircase, planning their escape out of the building. The entire perimeter of the lobby was constructed of window panes, all being blown out by a long gone force. Only three armored police ponies were in the lobby, the majority out on the street ahead. The ex-party pony backed up after observing the scene.

"Well, the only was we can get out of here is through the side windows, we can use the piles of bodies for cover, but beyond that, I'm not sure how we'll get out of here." Twilight stirred as she spoke.

Applejack nodded and looked out of the door. "I know a way. They way we went to climb the staircase there was a narrow alley way. Narrow, but we can make it."

Soon, the party had begun their escape, hiding behind two of the piles of bloody bodies while avoiding the watch of the police ponies. Getting out into the side of the building, they passed the armored carriage that was previously parked earlier and were led by Applejack into a crossing corner of the office building and a three story one adjacent to it.

Painfully squeezing through the straight of bricks and concrete, the came out onto the opposite street, no ponies were present but the four mares. Applejack sighed in relief, finally out of the danger.

"Were not free yet though. We need to get out of Manehattan until the heat dies down." Pinkie stated, looking at the two mares nod in response.

Applejack claimed to have land on the outskirts of the city were she had a barn for deals and hiding important materials.All agreeing to go there and rest, they trotted blocks away from the building to a garage where Applejack had rented a carriage in a false name. It was a long drive, but the ponies had gotten to their destination as the sun began to be cut off by the horizon. Twilight was chained to a wooden support beam in the cellar to not run away while the three mares discussed on the polished floor of the barn, illuminated only by a single lantern placed among the center of them.

Pinkie began. "What are we going to do with Twilight when she wakes up?"

Applejack responded almost instantly. "We force her to take Octavia's cuffs off. If she complies, then we plan our next move from there."

Pinkie looked confused, swinging her silky hair in a twirl of her head. "What do you mean next move? The entire Earth pony mafia has been wiped out! The commander of the police force of Manehattan is wasted, we have a cherished student of the almighty princess unconscious and locked up in the basement of a barn on the outskirts of the city, and we are all criminals! The only move I can fathom is a bullet in our brains instead of a heavy blade through our necks." Finishing her tangent, she looked at the two quiet mares in front of her.

Octavia grunted. "When I uh...shot Red Dawn, i went to him and he told me to take Twilight to the princess and begin forming a plan against the Unicorn mafia. Apparently, they've been planing something big and have allied with the Pegasi mafia in order to enforce this opposition. Though they still don't know what that planning is." Reporting the task that the late stallion, she stared at the ground the entire time. She was embarrassed by this sudden sign of weakness for someone who opposed her, but over the last two weeks of being trapped in the luxury cell of his precinct, she bonded with the old pony, talking many times over cups of coffee. She often forgot about these discussions when the intensity of her professional career overwhelmed her, wiping them from her mind and memory completely. The rest of the party was silent when she told them of Red Dawn's last request, but the tension was nonetheless there.

Pinkie gritted her teeth in anger over the ridiculous task. Go right up to one of the most powerful beings on the face of Equestria and present her with a bloody and seething star pupil, who respects her as if she was her daughter? It was suicide! There was no way they would ever survive. The events of the day finally came crashing down on her, blinding despair and rage taking hold again. Shooting up from her seat, she climbed the wooden ladder up onto the loft and slumped down into her already made bed of hay.

Applejack and Octavia were left to stare at the solemn ladder lantern. Octavia sighed in turn, twisting her head to look at her friend.

"Do you think we will ever get out of this nightmare?" She asked grievously, a heavy tone of despair flashing in her voice.

Applejack hadn't answered for quite awhile, but eventually, she did.

"No Octavia...I don't think we will ever escape from the things we've brought on ourselves." And with that, she opened the lantern and blew the flame out of existence, the darkness surrounding Octavia like a reflection for her hopes of a prevalent future of peace.

Author's Note:

Part three of three. Act three complete.