• Published 16th Aug 2012
  • 3,267 Views, 91 Comments

The Black Cello Mafia - WolfOblivion



Octavia loses work in pubs due to prohibition of alcohol, joins Mafia.

  • ...
6
 91
 3,267

Chapter 1: Softened

The Black Cello Mafia
Chapter 1: Softened

Steel Beauty sat next to her husband, watching the orchestra play another piece. It had been an hour since her daughter had ran off after she had slapped her, and it did not sit well with her.

"Dear, did I do the right thing?" Steel asked her husband with worry. He looked down at her and raised an eyebrow.

"Do I think you did? No. I don't think you handled the situation well at all." He poured himself a shot of whiskey, feeling the spiking liquid course his throat and warm his chest.

Steel huffed in frustration. "She put a gun to my head though. How am I supposed to react after that?" Still feeling the utter depression of having her own daughter put a barrel to her temple was bad enough, but having her tell her to fuck herself deepened to pain.

Her husband shrugged. "You must stop interfering. She's in crime? She's in crime. It matters little to me to be honest, she is who she is. I still love her."

He looked at his wife as she grit her teeth in anger. One of us still has to.

Suddenly, Steel jumped as a thunderclap exploded outside and the hard barrage of rain attacked the roof of the ball house.

"Did the pegasi call for a storm tonight?" She asked.

Her husband shrugged again. "Not that I remember."

Steel shuddered as a shock went through her spine. Nothing seemed to really be right to her anymore.

=-=-=-=-=

The room was dim and pearl white. It smelt of fear, sweat, and cheap soap. Octavia opened her aching eyes to peer around the room she had awoken to. She was tied to a chair and sitting inside of a bath room. The light bulb was dimmed down to the point were it barley reflected off of the tiles and toilet planted next to her. Her head ached, almost like a sledge hammer being mercilessly pounded on the inside of her skull, while her body felt numb and transparent.

Looking to the mirror, she gasped at the picture in front of her. Her eye was swollen and her nose bloody. Her lips contorted a little to the right, and her jaw felt and seemed misplaced. Whoever had knocked her out did a number on her unconscious face, something she wouldn't forget very soon. Looking down, she observed her hooves tied to the back of the chair, her back hooves as well. Her black dress was tainted with a dash of crimson, yet she felt no pain on her body aside from her face.

The door bust open to a charcoal black stallion with brown hair and wings. Immediately rushing, her lunged and hooked Octavia's temple. Pain exploded in a extravagant flash of colors as she moaned loudly. Opening her eyes against the pain, she looked up to the stallion whose face was fully engaged in disgust. Huffing, the pegasus went around her and dragged the chair out into the center of the bedroom. Clothes and a briefcase were flung about the room, and a foul stagnate smell lingered in the air.

The stallion sighed while walking towards the desk. He opened a drawer and pulled something that Octavia could not see out of it. She looked around the room, seeing more signs of something that had happened earlier, and it all led to something either extremely vulgar or personal. The covers that were for the bed were thrown across the room and the bed table had been knocked over. A waiters delivery roller was upside down with the cover sheet castrated about it, Jolting in her seat, the stallion slapped a hoof on the chair shoulder.

He pulled out a picture from his pocket and lifted it to her face.

"Do you know who this is?" He asked in a grumbling voice.

Octavia stared at the picture which showed a brown pegasus with cream colored hair. Although he seemed familiar, she could not draw a conclusion from memory. She solemnly shook her head at the her captor, who smiled and chuckled.

His hoof struck her nose, spurting blood in an arcing trail and landing on the grey carpet under her.

"Of course you don't. OF COURSE YOU DON'T, BECAUSE TO YOU, HE WAS SOME LITTLE SHIT IN YOUR WAY!"

Octavia's eyes dilated but restrained the urge to let them widen. Don't show weakness.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." Octavia muttered, shying the left side of her face away.

The stallion turned from his pacing and stared at her with a wild anger in his eyes. Octavia was finally able to see the stallion with detail, observing the blood stained upper lip and a purple eye socket. His right wing was bent at an odd angle while his left was popping out of its socket. He then relaxed his face, giving a cool fatherly look.

"Oh," he calmly said. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Nero Wing. My cutie mark is a tornado," He flashed his flank to show his mark. "And this guy? He was my son." The stallion smiled a wicked smile.

"Oh, and I am the Leader of the Pegasi Mafia by the by."

Octavia's eyes shot from resistance, growing wider than ever before.

"Shit."

"Oh yes. Shit right."

Octavia tested her bindings, which were tight but felt sloppily knotted. She might just have a chance to escape.

"And so, my son was on an operation to stop your deal with the zebras, whom you killed mercilessly. Later that day i went to the warehouse to check it out, finding the back of his throat blown out and his face destroyed. So, I've brought you here to do the same to you." Nero chuckled devilishly, making Octavia inwardly shutter.

While he had been talking, Octavia was able to lessen the grip of the rope which was now scratching/sliding down her hoof.

"It's my job, I had to do the deal and protect myself." Octavia innocently offered.

Nero put his whiskey down and stood up, walking over to the captured mare.

"Oh yes, I've seen your police record. Charged with the mass onslaught of ponies, which in reality, isn't a big deal to me. But here's the thing that really pisses me off." Nero placed her leg on the chair head, leaning against the struggling Octavia who was close to getting her right hoof out of the bind.

"You think you're hard. Just because you've killed some ponies in cold blood and splattered some brains without throwing up, you've come to believe that you're a cold hearted killer." The pegasus now adopted a tone of condescension, showing his lack of care for Octavia's doings.

"What do you mean?" The cellist looked up at her captor with a raised eyebrow.

"I mean; that you have no right to think that."

"You've never had to survive. You've never had to kill one of your own in order to get ahead in life. Have you ever had to eat the intestines of another pony just to digest something? No. You've just killed some nobody's, some insignificant little sacks of SHIT THAT DESERVED TO DIE IN THE FIRST PLACE. What have you done? Hmm? Blown some brains? Beaten some faces?"

Octavia now couldn't help herself. Something incredibly intimidating about this stallion shoved her into a state of panic. She'd been too long in this chair, and she had spent wasted breath to halt her coming death. She was never not afraid of death. When it came to a possibility of dying, she had just pushed it out of her mind; with the aid of a gun to keep her protected as well. But now she sat unarmed, sweating and blood rioting in her veins. Her brain had started to go into a nervous shock while her mouth felt full of lead.

Why is he shaking me up so bad!?

"Oh? You're looking a little pale there Octavia. Are my words sinking in? You. Are. Nothing. A rebellious little bitch with a pistol and a child's blood lust." Nero blew air out of his nose and sighed the rest of his excess oxygen.

"I've had enough." Nero walked back to his dresser, pulling out a black toned revolver.

Octavia shriveled in her chair, feeling just how the pegasus had described her.

Once a cold hearted killer, but now a scared young mare with a fronting attitude and a pistol.

"So bad that you can't stay around for the show, the pegasi are going to be great leaders of crime."

What? Nero had shoved the barrel in her mouth, Octavia's eyes shaking and sweat visibly pouring down her fore head and lining her jaw.

"Last words?"

Octavia closed her eyes and gulped, trying and failing to calm her self.

One...last...tug!

In a flash, Octavia hooked the gun from Nero's hoof. The pegasus let his jaw dropped as a frightened looking Octavia swung her left leg, bringing the whole chair down on Nero's head. He collapsed to the ground and moaned.

Octavia let the a moan escape her lips, feeling a building manic depression spread her body. She felt broken and false, as if the last three months had meant nothing at all. All the combat skills she had acquired and the enemies she had faced felt just as Nero said: insignificant.

Why do I feel this way? I should be angry, not scared!

But she was scared. Scared to the bone about what she had done and how close she had come to dying, felt irresponsible for the crimes she had committed. She had no creed, no code to live by to actually enforce her doing so. Just for the money and the power.

A knock sounded at the door, making Octavia jump and despair.

"Nero? Are you alright in there?" Prince Blue Blood of all ponies sounded at the door.

A thud and crack sounded behind the door, then the sound of fleeting hoofsteps. Octavia crawled over towards the door and opened it, showing a knocked out Blue Blood lying on the floor. A floor board was snapped in half, most likely from who ever had knocked the prince out.

Octavia knew what she had to do. Pulling the asleep prince into the room, she worked quickly. Stuffing the pegasi mafia leader into bed and under the covers, she hurried to the prince and wrapped him in a bath towel. Blood from his wound seeped through the towel and ran down her back, staining her dress crimson red. She flipped the delivery tray and shoved the prince inside, jumping at the latest thunderclap striking the sound waves. She neatly spread the sheet over the prince, a large bump showing where his hooves were sticking out. Pushing the tray out of the disheveled room, Octavia froze in fear as she heard a sneeze behind her. Craning her head slowly, she watched as Nero wiped his bloody nose on his suit, and looking around until her found a fearful mare looking down at him.

"Oh you bitch."

Nero flew to Octavia, knocking the tray and the prince at the door and creating a loud thud. Nero had his coal hooves against her neck before Octavia threw him off and stood. Nero coiled like a snake and snarled at her, leaping again. Octavia was ready this time as she struck out a hoof, punching the stallion so hard in the jaw he flipped and fell on his side. Octavia took this chance and righted the tray with Blue Blood still inside and flung the door open. She shoved it out the door and down the hall, but Nero had caught up and tackled her, biting her shoulder in the process.

Octavia screamed out in pain while she watched the blood from her shoulder paint Nero's forehead. She gripped the pegasus' head and slammed it into the adjacent wall twice, making him clench his teeth in agony and shoved himself from the mare. Octavia stood up and bucked the pegasus right in the chest, making him give a soundless gasp and he fell to the ground in spastic beatings to get his lungs to work. Not fatal but enough to give the mare a few minutes to run.

Taking a chance, Octavia gripped the tray and prepared herself, regretting the decision from the second she made it. Running, Octavia guided the tray down the staircase, careful to not let it tip over. Reaching the bottom, the door was still open and Octavia flung herself on the tray. Ponies around her screamed and dove out of the way as a bloody mare flew past them on a large delivery tray and into the main hall. The music of an orchestra steadily played as she raced into a large room of seemingly executive and important ponies, and noticed she was losing speed. Jumping down, she leaned on the tray and gave one hard push, racing to it with all her might before jumping on it again.

A door approached her with the threat of an untimely break, and Octavia sighed as it opened to a screaming waiter carrying a hand tray of drinks. He threw himself out of the way, and Octavia went through a barrage of fruity drinks and into the next room where her heart skipped at least a thousand beats.

Off to the left was Detective Sparkle, standing with a baffled Princess Celesta who was adjacently standing with her mother and father; all sharing the same expression of confusion. Octavia snapped her head to see the side entrance doors open, falling out from the ball hall and onto the streets of Manehattan. She jumped down from the tray and started to push the tray, subsequently running on her two back hooves which proved to be a bit difficult.

Octavia had already ran down two block before she saw a sitting cab driver on the curb.

"Hey! Take me to 30th and Faust!"

The cab driver looked up from his cigarette to stare at the sweating and teeth clenched mare running towards him with a messed up face and a delivery tray. Straightening his carriage for her, Octavia dragged Blue Blood out from the tray bottom and tossed him into the back seat, jumping in herself.

=-=-=-=-=

Why would you look at that, I finished a chapter.

So i'm going to try to publish a new chapter every Saturday or Sunday, as I was going to last week but i was caught up in some stuff. Tell me what you think so far, making this dynamic shift in character made me a bit wary because I wouldn't know how you guys would react.

Thank for reading!