• Published 16th Aug 2012
  • 3,267 Views, 91 Comments

The Black Cello Mafia - WolfOblivion



Octavia loses work in pubs due to prohibition of alcohol, joins Mafia.

  • ...
6
 91
 3,267

Act 4: The Revolution of the Weak

The Black Cello Mafia
Act 4: The Revolution of the Weak

Rain battered the roofs of the long row of buildings, scattering in drops that then splattered on the street, flowing into a massive river casting on the side against the curb. Street lamps illuminated the stray drops that fell underneath it, giving prospect for how hard the rain was falling in comparison to the black dark sky. A sole figure quickly darted down the streets, turning corners without hesitation or halt. Turning one more corner, the figure saw it's destination: A Speakeasy. It raced down three blocks towards the building, pushing open the glass paneled door and into the warm and loud bar. Ponies from all over the building looked up in surprise to the clothing clad figure who barged in and walked slowly towards the bar stools. Sitting down, the pony tapped the wooden surface to bring the bartender forward. The pony flashed a gloved hoof and brought it down, signifying to have the stallion bartender bend down. Then the pony ordered.

"One Appletini."

=-=-=-=-=

In the city of Canterlot, the storm was much of the same as it would be in Manehattan, rain devastatingly pounding the cement roads and the brick buildings. Except for in the apartment of a white Unicorn, two criminals wounded with gun shots lay nearly unconscious on the brown rug that decorated the living room. The blood seeped into the threads of the soft covering and dyed it a crimson hue. Vinyl hurried and dislodged the bullet from Octavia's shoulder, taking the gauze and wrapping the disinfected hole. Doing the same for Pinkie's leg, both mares sat on the couch and were given the bassist's painkillers.

"Way to screw it up, Octavia." Pinkie said in a gruff and rude tone, staring at the wall in front of her.

"Fuck you, Pinkie! It's not my damn fault the Unicorns busted down the door!" Octavia yelled at her assailant with a snarl.

From the hall there was a clatter, then came out was a bed headed Twilight, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She took one look at the duo and scoffed from the back of her throat. She walked to the small chair to the side of the couch and slumped down inside of it.

"I'm guessing it didn't go well, huh?" Twilight asked Vinyl as she walked in from the kitchen.

"Well, they did manage to grab the file and escape alive with all limbs. So I say it wen't pretty well." The unicorn offered, filling the center between the two earth mares.

The file she had mentioned sat idle on the glass coffee table in front of the four ponies, containing secret information on the operation the unicorns and pegasi were enacting. Twilight stared at it.

"Now we take it to Celestia." The purple detective stated with a small nod.

From the corner of her eye she saw Octavia shake her head. Twilight shot daggers at the grey mare. "Why not?"

"Because we are already too close to the government with Vinyl. Any closer we get and we all die from our convictions." Octavia said as she slowly looked at the angry Twilight. "We handle this in secrecy for as long as we can. Until it reaches the breaking point, we collect information from our missions and Applejack back home."

Twilight looked at Octavia awhile longer before falling back into her chair and pouting a bit.

"It's been three months girls...how much longer do we need to keep hiding from everyone?" Twilight asked with a twinge of desperation.

No one answered momentarily until Octavia spoke again. "Hopefully, not much longer."

=-=-=-=-=

Applejack had taken off her hood to sip her Appletini, downing the fruity drink in a matter of seconds. Wait until she comes. She thought to herself, tapping the bar for a refill. Minuets passed until another pony opened the door to the warm Manehattan Speak, this one with a simple blue suit and a grey fedora lining her mane. The cyan tie dangled back and forth between her forelegs as she slowly waltzed to the bar, picking herself up with a small flap of her muscular wings. Sitting next to the orange earth pony, she sighed.

"I can't keep doing this 'Jack. I'll have my head chopped off." She said distressingly.

Applejack set down her drink and cleared her throat. "You stop doing this, and all of our heads will come off. They're doing this to prevent us all coming together, and sooner or later they will try to bring us down. Unless you keep giving me the information, only terrible things will come after." The apple pony explained, keeping her gaze down at her drink.

The suited pegasus looked at her own hooves. "Much like your pupil, I rose through the ranks by my efficiency to get the job done, successfully earning my place among the best. Being outlawed from your life long dream doesn't come easy. You know that. I've had to prove myself after I joined. They all doubted me, as usual. But I proved them wrong," She paused, bringing her attention to the silent mare to the side of her.

"And to risk it all...for an assumption? For some redemption among the ponies that would rather have me die than to live a crime filled life? No wonder 'Shy left us by oursel-"

"DON'T you DARE bring her into this!" Applejack barked at the pegasus, making the ponies around them to stop whatever they were doing and observe the scene. The farm ponies head was violently shaking with rage as she stared into the startled eyes of Rainbow Dash. She quickly shifted her head back into it's forward position, leaving the cyan pegasus to relax her eyes to show her concern.

"You seem to forget that if anything happens to Twilight beyond what has already happened, the princess will stomp you and both the Pegasi and Unicorn families into dust. Along with Octavia, Pinkie and I. It's bad enough that she is on the hunt for us after Octavia killed Red Dawn and we kidnapped Twilight." Applejack closed her stressed eyes to relax, leaving the two in silence.

Rainbow Dash continued to stare at Applejack with a sad expression. Giving up, she sighed and slid off of the bar stool to leave. "Meet me at Central Park tomorrow, we'll talk there. Try not to make a scene." And with that, she left out into the rain, leaving a frustrated Applejack all alone among the bar stools.

It's too late for our redemption Rainbow Dash. All we can do now is save ourselves.

Author's Note:

It's been three months since the fall of the earth mafia, and all those involved are now working under the radar.
Give me your opinion on The Fall, I'm interested to know how it was; I would appreciate it!
Thanks for reading!