• Published 1st Sep 2012
  • 2,452 Views, 126 Comments

Saros - shortskirtsandexplosions



A thousand years after Luna's banishment, a former night wraith races to summon the stars. EoPvers

  • ...
10
 126
 2,452

Speak to the Stars

On the dark side of the moon, far away from Myrk's tortured body, even further away from all of Stellar's armed Rune Guards, a tiny ancient hatch of moonstone slid open. Soft blue torchlight kissed the blackened valleys of the unlit lunar surface. Four shadows emerged, stealthy and unnoticed.

One of them was Noktyrn. She took a good look around, her amber eyeslits blinking as she gave the landscape several sonar bursts. Satisfied that the coast was clear, she reached down and helped a trembling, quivering figure onto the surface.

Her face tense in mental concentration, Choral limped up to Noktyrn's side. Her horn sparked repeatedly with pent-up bursts of bright blue energy.

Noktyrn gave the hybrid unicorn a few choice words of encouragement. Choral nodded, and with Noktyrn's help she trotted firmly up a steep hill until she stood on a high summit in the middle of the pitch black lunarscape. She spread her hooves apart and took several heaving breaths. Noktyrn gripped her shoulders while two other sarosians reached in and braced her legs and flank.

A magical wind twirled up around them. Tears ran down Choral's cheeks from the strain. The other ponies of the night cheered her on, and with a high-pitched shriek she aimed her horn high and released the pent-up battery of Luna's mana.

In a beam of blinding blue energy, the beacon surged straight up and sliced through the heavens. The pulse penetrated the cosmos, carrying with it the pain, the sorrow, and the truth of Princess Luna's thousand-year plight.