• Published 1st Sep 2012
  • 2,451 Views, 126 Comments

Saros - shortskirtsandexplosions



A thousand years after Luna's banishment, a former night wraith races to summon the stars. EoPvers

  • ...
10
 126
 2,451

I Remember Heaventide

"Myrk?" Choral stammered, pleaded. She leaned back into him and nuzzled his chest. "Myrk, please, tell me what you are thinking about..."

Myrk stared out upon the sharp, glittering waves of Heaventide. His eyes began to water. He squeezed her tighter within his forelimbs' embrace. "The future," the young sarosian replied. "Will everything become a paradise when Nightmare Moon returns to Earth? Or will there still be an Empire?"

Choral exhaled gently, her lips moving slowly, "Nopony can build paradise. You only achieve perfection in dreams."

"What if, then, that's all the future is?" Myrk remarked. "A dream?" He gulped and sighed. "Don't we owe the goddesses more than that?"

Quietly, Choral clasped and unclasped the pendants again. She paused, then pieced them together before joining the owl-and-bat tightly between her hoof and Myrk's.

He gazed down at her, curiously.

She responded with a sweet kiss on his lips, then nuzzled his ear, toying playfully with the leafy texture. "I don't know much about the future, or about owing the holy sisters. But I do know about the present, and that I owe nothing but my love for a special somepony."

Myrk took a deep breath, giving her a bittersweet smile.

She swung around until she was hugging him, chest to chest on the silver shores of Heaventide. "Let's worry about the present for now, and just maybe we can carry it into a dreamy future, okay?"

His breathing became shallow. He clenched his black eyes shut and hid his face in her shoulder. "I-I'm scared, Choral," the young stallion murmured. "I don't know if we all have what it takes to bring Princess Luna back. And the thousandth year is j-just a decade away..."

"Shhhh..." She murmured into his ear and clung to him. "Don't worry, Myrk. I'll protect you."

They clung to each other on the edge of perpetual, subterranean twilight, with the crashing waves faithfully drowning out the sounds of their sobs—both joyful and not.