• Published 6th Feb 2019
  • 540 Views, 16 Comments

A city of a thousand bridges - DarkKnight_RUS



The story of three little bat ponies seeking to find their cutiemarks

  • ...
0
 16
 540

Epilogue

...Three young mares stand on the loading pier of the Star Bridge's skyport. All three are dressed for a long journey: heavy saddlebags and clean new dusters. One of them is dressed in the Academy's graduate uniform, other two - Flight School’s. Latter wore a crimson ribbon (For Flight Xxcellence), and a violet one (Master Craftsmare).

Night sky sprawled above Equestria, and two thestral’s and a mentat’s eyes glowed dimly in the darkness, reflecting the pale moonlight.

Aria Midnight was the first one to break the silence:

"Are you sure she's coming?

Loadstar smiled in reply:

"Of course, she promised."

Minutes passed, but the night sky above them remained empty.

Grey Mouse spoke up:

"Do not fear girls, just remember the dream..."

Three smiles shone in the night. Princess Luna came to the three Cutie Mark Stalkers in their dreams after graduation night, and ceremoniously invited them to join her crew aboard the 'Selena', upholding her promise, given all those years back.

The three ponies awoke to find completed official scrolls from the Lunar Court lying on their beds, inviting each of the three for the *internship aboard the sky ship 'Selena', starting on the first day of autumn*.

Aria spoke again, trying to calm the tension in the air:

"I will never forget the day when she made us substitute teachers for a whole day... what a catastrophe that was..."

"I liked it," replied Grey Mouse and glanced at her friend. "My class gifted me a present afterwards, by the way..."

...The ship appeared suddenly. Even acute night-pony vision didn't catch the moment when it broke through the clouds and started it's speedy and steep descent, glimmering in the moonlight with shiny rigging and magical lights.

The 'Selena' stopped by the pier, and a gangway was lowered in front of the three mares. Yes, two of them had wings, but tradition dictates that you board a ship on hoof.

They were awaited on the main deck.

Princess Luna, disguised as the captain Silver Shade, decided to greet her new recruits personally.

With a royal gesture she stopped the three from kneeling:

"Denied! There is no place for the fawning onboard the 'Selena'! You will address me as 'Captain'! Or ‘Your Majesty’ if you wish, but only in personal time, and never when i'm giving orders!"

However, as soon as three ecstatic mares boarded the ship, the Princess' face mellowed in a wide, welcoming smile:

"Welcome aboard, my little Cutie Mark Stalkers. We missed you..."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment